Chatot used RPG Thread VIII! It's super effective!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Hell Monkey']So Final Fantasy XIII-2 is announced. How does everyone feel about this?[/QUOTE]

Could care less. I haven't played or cared about a Final Fantasy since 9 (11 doesn't count because it was an MMO)

With Dragon Quest VI, Radiant Historia, Hyperdimension Neptunia, and Ar Tonelico 3, there's plenty of RPGs to look forward to.

[quote name='2DMention']

With Dragon Quest VI, Radiant Historia, Hyperdimension Neptunia, and Ar Tonelico 3, there's plenty of RPGs to look forward to.[/QUOTE]

On that note I now have all four of those pre-ordered. Moved DQVI to Gamestop and put in for Hyper and Tonelico and already have my Amazon order for Historia.

[quote name='2DMention']With Dragon Quest VI, Radiant Historia, Hyperdimension Neptunia, and Ar Tonelico 3, there's plenty of RPGs to look forward to.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me I need to pre-order DQVI at GS, I'm still not sure on Radiant Historia I might wait and see impressions about that game first, I'm not gonna bother with Hyperdimension Neptunia I haven't liked any game that company has made, and I'll probably consider getting Ar Tonelico 3.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']So Final Fantasy XIII-2 is announced. How does everyone feel about this?[/QUOTE]
Despite the fact that JRPGs have lost some of their shine for me lately, and I've been getting more into BioWare RPGs and other Western games more, Final Fantasy is the one series that will always get my little fanboy heart a little fluttery. I ultimately loved Final Fantasy XIII (with reservations) so I am extremely pumped for this. Plus... more Lightning. Enough said.

Doesn't seem to be a prequel, which is what I almost expected since they could go back to characters like Fang and Vanille living on Cocoon or Lightning's life as a soldier.

Instead it looks like some badass spin off. Fine with me. The wait is going to be killer though..

Who thinks it will be released before Versus? :rofl:

[quote name='panzerfaust']Doesn't seem to be a prequel, which is what I almost expected since they could go back to characters like Fang and Vanille living on Cocoon or Lightning's life as a soldier.

Instead it looks like some badass spin off. Fine with me. The wait is going to be killer though..

Who thinks it will be released before Versus? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

XIII-2 already has a release time frame (this year), Versus doesn't.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Will it come out simultaneously for the west? My heart can't take this.[/QUOTE]
I think Square confirmed 2011 for Japan, but only "next winter" for the West. So we might see it in February 2012 or something. Still a pretty quick turnaround for an FF game.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Quick someone make a new thread with the joke being something about "RPG Thread VIII-2"[/QUOTE]

It is around that time. :p

[quote name='Hell Monkey']RPG Thread VIII-2 cause you still aren't getting a RPG Thread VII remake![/QUOTE]

Nice, me likey!

Giving up on Star Ocean 3, I just can't get into the battle system and I found out I don't get off this boring planet until the second disc. I thought this game would be much more sci-fi than medieval.

[quote name='voltanis99']That's what I picked as my shipping. I never ordered from them so hopefully it doesn't come all crushed and whatnot[/QUOTE]

Nah, they usually do a good job at packaging. I've never had a problem. I was just surprised to see that they were offering free shipping since they're notorious for charging high shipping fees, but this probably explains it:

freeshipping1.jpg

http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=n&article=pbomb/PrinnyBomb_Vol112.html

[quote name='KillerRamen']Nah, they usually do a good job at packaging. I've never had a problem. I was just surprised to see that they were offering free shipping since they're notorious for charging high shipping fees.
[/QUOTE]

Expensive shipping was the last thing holding me back from preordering this game, free shipping makes it go from a good deal to a CAG-worthy deal!

Ordered my two copies.

Now we need Ar Tonelico III & Disgaea 4 art books. :>

Oh and by the way, anyone know where I can get a new [sealed] Trinity Universe Collection?

The assless chaps threw me off. Here's hoping the game isn't a big heap of fan service and has a decent story.

[quote name='Kotomine']Expensive shipping was the last thing holding me back from preordering this game, free shipping makes it go from a good deal to a CAG-worthy deal![/QUOTE]

Same here. Now I really don't have an excuse not to get it. Telling myself that I'll need to pay bills isn't working.

So has anyone here played Spectral Force 3?

I picked it up about a week ago from Gamestop, along with Magna Carta 2 & Star Ocean IV.

I decided that I would jump into Spectral Force 3 first since I wasn't sure about it and wanted to check it out during my 7 day window. At first I wasn't too sure about it, but now I'm about 12 hours into and I'm enjoying it. The graphics suck, but I'm enjoying it. I think the last SRPG that I played was on the Genesis (Shining Force 3). Considering how cheap it was ($12.99 before PUR), I'm easily going to get my money's worth out of it. Though I am looking forward to Magna Carta 2.

I played some ToV last night and found where I was supposed to go, but I just can't get excited and play that game for hours like I can Dragon Quest games.

Hopefully I'll beat it by the time DQVI comes out, but I doubt it. I'm 22 hours in and only play like an hour a day at the most.

[quote name='Lokki']So has anyone here played Spectral Force 3?

I picked it up about a week ago from Gamestop, along with Magna Carta 2 & Star Ocean IV.

I decided that I would jump into Spectral Force 3 first since I wasn't sure about it and wanted to check it out during my 7 day window. At first I wasn't too sure about it, but now I'm about 12 hours into and I'm enjoying it. The graphics suck, but I'm enjoying it. I think the last SRPG that I played was on the Genesis (Shining Force 3). Considering how cheap it was ($12.99 before PUR), I'm easily going to get my money's worth out of it. Though I am looking forward to Magna Carta 2.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up in the B2G1 a couple weeks ago to, mines lost in backlog damnation though.

soooooo tiiiiired!!

started playing Valkyria II again,

hella fun, up til 1am, I can't keep my new years resolution >_

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back