Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Little Battlers Experience for $10 shipped buy it now on ebay. It's new and y fold sealed. Good deal right? There's a few more available for anyone interested. I'll buy any Nintendo published game for $10. Any others available online new or even complete used for $10-$15 besides the usual ones on Gamestop?
sucks paying full price for this and still having it sealed

Project X Zone 2 appears to have dropped to $9.96 at all Walmart locations nationwide (based off every single store near me had it at the price).  If its marked a different price in the glass case it should scan for $9.96.

Some other clearance 3DS game prices at Walmart that have appeared at multiple stores (most, actually) in my area:

Shovel Knight - $7

Dragonball Z Extreme Butoden - $7

LBX - $15

Project X Zone 2 appears to have dropped to $9.96 at all Walmart locations nationwide (based off every single store near me had it at the price). If its marked a different price in the glass case it should scan for $9.96.

Some other clearance 3DS game prices at Walmart that have appeared at multiple stores (most, actually) in my area:

Shovel Knight - $7

LBX - $15
got to see if i can find shovel tonight

Shovel Knight - $7

if anyone can find me a copy of  knight  let me know   really want that.. might want   z  as well

Shovel Knight - $7

if anyone can find me a copy of knight let me know really want that.. might want z as well
No dice a my local walmart but I'm stopping at one on my way home. If I see them at that price I'll pick them up for you.

Also, I have several copies of Project X-Zone 2 around me for that $9.88 price.  If anyone wants it and can't find it, I'll only charge cost + shipping.  PM me if interested!

Anyone know the price drop date for the two titles added to Nintendo selects (Kirby and Mario dream team)? Nintendo has it listed as mid February and no hit of the price drop anywhere except from Nintendo. I realize they want to sell current stock at the higher price, just wondering if anyone has leads on when the drop will happen...

Anyone know the price drop date for the two titles added to Nintendo selects (Kirby and Mario dream team)? Nintendo has it listed as mid February and no hit of the price drop anywhere except from Nintendo. I realize they want to sell current stock at the higher price, just wondering if anyone has leads on when the drop will happen...
Should be the 6th according to gamestop.

crap dream team is falling to 19.99.. never mind thinking of the newer one.

Also Pokemon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest are all $19.99 (15.99 after GCU)

Also Bravely Second is $19.99 on BestBuy.com (15.99 GCU)

Scored FE and Alpha to replace my lost copies.

Part of Best Buys Deal of the Day

LINK

Has anyone who got a $15 DQ VI from best buy warehouse the other day (on eBay) received a tracking number yet?
And I just got a message through eBay from best buy that my order could not be fulfilled and was cancelled.
Meh

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android

updated the new releases and will updated sites along the week.

Picked up a bunch of cheap games at my local zias and amazon

Also updated the upcoming 3DS and switch games in the nintendo section

​MHGen is a decent start point. While it is a "greatest hits" sort of game with locations and monsters from the first four games, it still has tutorials to help out newcomers. I don't think it'll ease in a newbie as well as Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate does, but the difficulty of the game is overall easier than 4, and also probably 3 as well. It doesn't have the third difficulty tier that 3 and 4 have though, but there's still plenty to do. That said, there are many things about MH which are odd or obtuse, so patience is required to learn the rules the game wants you to follow. The game can also be a real time sink if you want to make progress, so if you're looking for a quick pick-up-and-play game or one where you can see everything in 20 hours, this isn't it.

I'd say for that price, you can't really go wrong.

Thanks for this! I have some psp version from way back on my vita. It was a free plus game years ago but everyone said the controls are so bad it subtracts from the experience.

I'm pretty solid in terms of difficult games, so it is a shame this one is a bit easier but a greatest hits type would be nice since this is one series I've missed since it's inception.

Thanks for all this!

​MHGen is a decent start point. While it is a "greatest hits" sort of game with locations and monsters from the first four games, it still has tutorials to help out newcomers. I don't think it'll ease in a newbie as well as Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate does, but the difficulty of the game is overall easier than 4, and also probably 3 as well. It doesn't have the third difficulty tier that 3 and 4 have though, but there's still plenty to do. That said, there are many things about MH which are odd or obtuse, so patience is required to learn the rules the game wants you to follow. The game can also be a real time sink if you want to make progress, so if you're looking for a quick pick-up-and-play game or one where you can see everything in 20 hours, this isn't it.

I'd say for that price, you can't really go wrong.

Thanks for this! I have some psp version from way back on my vita. It was a free plus game years ago but everyone said the controls are so bad it subtracts from the experience.
I honestly never thought the PSP claw hand controls were actually any less effective than the more typical right stick camera control on most other systems, though I'll grant that it seems to have been uncomfortable for a lot of players.

I honestly never thought the PSP claw hand controls were actually any less effective than the more typical right stick camera control on most other systems, though I'll grant that it seems to have been uncomfortable for a lot of players.
It's just that the PSP is too small to hold comfortably, and they made it even smaller with the Go. Nintendo went larger with the 3DS XL, and it's slightly easier to hold, but my left hand still cramps holding it and using the joystick.

I personally also never understood the complaints against the PSP's lack of a second analog. Certain games, like Syphon Filter, devised some clever control schemes to get around the limitation and it worked fairly well imo.

I personally also never understood the complaints against the PSP's lack of a second analog. Certain games, like Syphon Filter, devised some clever control schemes to get around the limitation and it worked fairly well imo.
Actually it worked really well, I was rather surprised at the time how much I enjoyed SF. It was still a learning curve there, but once used for awhile, it did work fairly well. The one analog stick was utter trash on the PSP IMO. As the movement it allowed, and the force required to move it, places it near the bottom of any analog stick I've ever used. Better than nothing, but far from ideal. So while I would have preferred a second one, the first wasn't that great anyways, so I made what was there work.

Maybe only the N3DS camera nipple is worse, as that is really only good for "camera" usage, and not much else.

bread's done
Back