Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Like a few weeks ago, and if you have GCU the price is reduced to $1.39 (depends on the tax), INSANE.
It's actually been going on for a bit longer than that. First time I remember getting the $1 in store discount was back in May. The trick for getting it is you have to select shipping when you checkout and during the checkout process it will eventually (but not always) offer a dollar discount to switch from shipping to in store pickup.

It's actually been going on for a bit longer than that. First time I remember getting the $1 in store discount was back in May. The trick for getting it is you have to select shipping when you checkout and during the checkout process it will eventually (but not always) offer a dollar discount to switch from shipping to in store pickup.
I don't have GCU, but that's pretty cool of them to offer. I would guess if it's not offered 100% of the time, it has to do with them saving funds on shipping, and in turn, gives the customer a break as well.

I have an Amazon center in town, but even if they offered the $1, I doubt I would bother, but it probably would help in regards to damages. I get bubble mailed items all the time that they deliver directly, and almost every time stuff arrives OK. If the same stuff came the same way by UPS or USPS, it would be damaged almost every time, go figure uh?

Dragon quest 8 is 20/16GCU at BB, and 20 at Amazon. Tempting.
This discussion has been going on in the TRU clearance thread for about a week now and I'm surprised it hasn't made it to this thread yet, but several 3DS games are maybe available at pretty decent prices:

DQ7 --> $11.98

DQ8 --> $13.98

Bravely Second --> $11.98

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright --> $11.98

Fire Emblem Fates Conquest --> $11.98

ETC

River City: Rival Showdown (with keychain) - $22.03 (and fluctuating) on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/River-City-Showdown-Limited-Keychain-Nintendo/dp/B076B8Q6CH/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1513471865&sr=1-1&keywords=river+city+rival+showdown

FYI, many of the other major retailers don't seem to be carrying this.
Thanks for the heads up, this looked a little too similar to Tokyo rumble from last year but if the price drops a little more I think I will bite

From another thread:

$9.99 ($7.99 GCU) Nintendo Selects: Tomodachi Life - Nintendo 3DS
http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5408000

$19.99 (15.99 GCU) Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest - Nintendo 3DS
http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=4225700

$19.99 (15.99 GCU)
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - Nintendo 3DS
http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=4738200

$19.99 (15.99 GCU)
Mario Party Star Rush - Nintendo 3DS
http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5322700
I feel like a lot of stores are trying to unload their copies of Dragon Quest 7 and 8. I've seen it clearanced at Toys R Us and Target and now Best Buy too. Maybe it's been out too long.

I feel like a lot of stores are trying to unload their copies of Dragon Quest 7 and 8. I've seen it clearanced at Toys R Us and Target and now Best Buy too. Maybe it's been out too long.
Yeah, DQ8 was one of the last games I played on PS2. It's a long ass game with antiquated saving, which is less ideal than the save-anywhere style of Pokemon when it comes to mobile gaming.

Picked up DQ7 but skipped DQ8 since I already have the PS2 which I hear is the superior version if you care about the fantastic orchestral sound that didn't get ported to the 3DS version.  But if you don't care about that, I hear the 3DS has 2 extra playable characters, extra content and less annoying gameplay.

Bestbuy has Monster Hunter Generations on clearance for anyone that’s interested.

$14.99 ($11.99 GCU)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/monster-hunter-generations-nintendo-3ds/5075600.p?skuId=5075600

I know everyone is playing the new game, but I thought it was still worth a post. I’m pretty sure this is the cheapest it’s ever been.
This was actually delisted and removed from the BB site for a while. It's back now though - wonder if Capcom supplied more when they released the new Monster Hunter World game.

I noticed this morning that Bestbuy dropped the regular edition of Super Mario 3D Land to $19.99.

$19.99 ($15.99 GCU)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/super-mario-3d-land-nintendo-3ds/2809399.p?skuId=2809399

I know this is going to be the new price with the Nintendo Selects version being released on Sunday, but it’s great for anyone that wants to get it early.

I personally would much rather have the original artwork anyway. So for anyone else that feels the same way this is a good time to get it.

An amazing game that I'm currently playing thru again, so I can't recommend it enough. I know this title was hit & miss at release in regards to how well it was received, but it's in my top 5 Mario games, and is the perfect combining of 2D/3D.
I’m glad to hear that! I was able to pick up the last copy at my Bestbuy. I really enjoyed playing 3D World with my nephew and this looks pretty similar. So I’m definitely looking forward to playing through this one.

3D Land came first, and 3D World built on the design. World might have improved on the formula (idk, I haven't played it), but Land is absolutely worth playing.

I’m glad to hear that! I was able to pick up the last copy at my Bestbuy. I really enjoyed playing 3D World with my nephew and this looks pretty similar. So I’m definitely looking forward to playing through this one.
Yeah, World was a different game of sorts. As it was expanded and offered multiplayer over the original. I loved "Land", but "World", not so much. While World isn't a terrible game, it's like most of what "N" does now a days. They take a solid game, and just spit out a new game with a few added features, and hope for the best.

3D Land for me is one of the best games "N" has ever spit out, and World was just another very forgettable Mario title. It felt like nothing more than a filler title for the Wii U, and not anything that was special in any way, shape or form.

3D Land came first, and 3D World built on the design. World might have improved on the formula (idk, I haven't played it), but Land is absolutely worth playing.
Yeah, 3D land was perfection from a portable stand point, as it really was a game that showed it was never anything else but an handheld title, and is one of the best ever made, IMO of course.

It probably isn't a mistake. Fire Emblem Echoes, Ever Oasis and Smash Wii U are also $20. Anyone find any others? Bought Metroid and Smash.

I’m so pissed I missed out on Metroid for $20. I was actually up when it was posted last night, but it sold out when I tried to buy it. I’ve really been wanting this game too. 😩

I'm showing 3rd party for $40
Yeah, I just saw that. It was in stock through Walmart right before I made my post. Probably sold out like a minute or two after I checked.

For anyone really wanting this game I’d keep an eye on it. It’s been in and out of stock a few times today.

Well I snagged Echoes yesterday but Ever Oasis is the real goal.  I'll keep a lookout for it and hopefully I can snag it.

Did Bravely Default get a reprint? I noticed it's don't to $40 at GS and <$30 on eBay.
I don't know if it got a reprint, but game prices go up and down all the time. At this point, most 3DS games are cheap, as tons of people dumped it off in favor of the NS, so that flooded the market with more copies of most games. More games equals less cost, as demand is less with ample inventory.

Should have checked my notifications, for 8 bucks I would have picked up TRI.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

bread's done
Back