Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
So the new copy of Azran Legacy I ordered still hasn't shipped.  Not expecting it to at this point so I stopped at the one store that had it used in the area and used my birthday coupon on it.  Thought it was going to be cart only but the other guy grabbed the case at the last minute so all the better and looks like it may have been converted or something.  Guess I can be happy with that and don't have to worry about opening it if I ever get around to playing it.

I tried to get Azran Legacy when it dropped but the local stores quickly sold out.  The nearest one that has a used copy is a good hour a way.   Next time I'm in that area I'll check it out along with some other games... but hopefully there is another deal sometime in the near future on Amazon or somewhere.

Over the weekend a bunch of my DS/3DS games came in.  My Italian Cover art version of Last Window looks amazing.  Such a thick box too, I guess that's the multi-language booklet though I haven't opened it yet.  I'm just glad to finally have that in my collection.  I plan to play it after I play Hotel Dusk again.

So Story of Seasons had come back in stock at BBY a month or two ago. Went clearance for a whole $4 off and sold out again. :oldman:
Well worth it though. Best "Harvest Moon" game in years. I still have my melted copy because of the angora rabbit plush they melded on to the launch copies.

Hope anyone that wanted Azran Legacy "new" from GS got in on it since it may be OOS now. Finally got to GS last night to get some credit back to order it and was OOS when I got home but came back in stock for about an hour and got an order in.
Was it a special price? If MSRP is all you're looking for, Azran Legacy is still $35 + $5 shipping at the Nintendo store.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod580495

Well worth it though. Best "Harvest Moon" game in years. I still have my melted copy because of the angora rabbit plush they melded on to the launch copies.
I was going to happily buy it from BBY for $40 I just hadn't had the money to throw at it. And now it's gone.

Was it a special price? If MSRP is all you're looking for, Azran Legacy is still $35 + $5 shipping at the Nintendo store.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod580495
Yeah, it was $21 new and $19.99/$17.99 used.

Damn, was to tired to dig through this before I went to bed last night. Assumed it was all over priced crap. Didn't realize they would have DS games I was about to buy for $25 a piece. So instead I got Chrono Trigger, TWEWY, and FF4. Would have loved Space Invaders and Legend of Kage but I guess that's my punishment for not looking sooner.

Great price on DQ games as well but I picked those up in mint condition at GS yesterday.

TWEWY is a great game if anyone's on the fence about it. That said I believe S-E's site has $8 shipping so probably best to buy multiple games.

YMMV, but I noticed my local Walmart had Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy back on the shelves for the full $40 asking price.  I checked walmart.com and they listed it for $35 but instore pickup only.   So not a huge savings but once it dropped to $20 used / $22 new on Gamestop it quickly disappeared from all the stores anywhere near me (gamestop or not).  Anyway, it was worth grabbing a copy before Amazon and the $51.99 option was the only one left.   BestBuy has it cheap used but no stores within 250 miles of me has it, but that may be worth checking.   Also of note when my local Walmart got these copies in, it was a good 10 to 14 and they had already sold down to 4 yesterday which is why I went ahead and grabbed one now.

I know people were down on it from the reveal, but I totally recommend Codename STEAM. It's well worth it at that price. A game I thoroughly enjoyed and wished would have received more praise.

I know people were down on it from the reveal, but I totally recommend Codename STEAM. It's well worth it at that price. A game I thoroughly enjoyed and wished would have received more praise.
As someone who has played many SRPG's, i could not figure out movement, or mechanics in the tutorial. I stopped playing shortly thereafter... it's not intuitive.

It's just an SRPG played from the perspective of a TPS.
Yes, i'd compare it to the likes of Valkyria Chronicles, except movement and actions had much tigher control and made sense to me. I'll pick it up again and try it someday, but not when DQH is still waiting in backlog. I think the kicker was the steam usage and regeneration also. That broke this camel's back.

Like a few Vita games on Amazon, I'm tracking some 3DS games as well.

The trigger it seems is when the price drop hits either the target low or people start buying in enough demand that they raise the price back up gradually.

So watch the prices and see where it's going before buying.  I think CodeName Steam will hit $15.xx by tomorrow at the rate it's dropping.

Persona Q  Premium also went down from $35.26 yesterday at around 1:30pm cst to $30.30 this morning at 8am cst.  It's already dropped in the past few hours to $33.71 and is on target to hit $32.xx by tomorrow.

That is, if it doesn't start racking up a bunch of purchases.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D also was $37.97 this morning and is already down to $36.30.

So build a little wishlist of games and track the prices on what you want.

Also don't forget for bestbuy shoppers there's a buy 1 get 1 for 40% off sale on Nintendo Published 3DS games coming in the next ad.

Aw crap! I'm so used to them being the lowest (sometimes even before GCU discount) that I completely forgot about price matching. Oh well, the order is placed now. Thanks anyways!
The bonus about getting it at Best Buy is the possibility of not waiting forever...

$27 is diff than $30 so....
Yes, but he at least put it on people's radar to start monitoring it. I know I've been tracking a few games on Amazon - some that have been mentioned here and some that haven't even been mentioned yet. Just have to decide when to bite on the right price.

If only it had an overhead view of the battlefield and even faster enemy turns than what they patched in.

Despite not liking the demo much, I price matched it anyway at Walmart tonight.

After Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars I needed something similar.

Finally received my "Used" copy of Zelda Link Between Worlds from Gohastings during the 40% off used sale. For god knows what reason they sent me a completely new copy that is still wrapped but I'll take it. 

6S2w2N.png

Finally received my "Used" copy of Zelda Link Between Worlds from Gohastings during the 40% off used sale. For god knows what reason they sent me a completely new copy that is still wrapped but I'll take it.

6S2w2N.png
No, I can guarantee you that it's used... they just do a really good job of sealing them as if they are new. Allow me to explain how I know. The time before last I purchased 2 3DS games (Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7). Both came sealed and I thought they were new... I really did. This past sale I bought smash bros for $20, and it came sealed but with a used sticker on the seal which just slid off of it... it looked like a new copy after that sticker practically fell off... I opened it up and everything looked new as well, but there was just the slightest nick on the inside of the manual thingy that came in it, and that's how I knew it wasn't new.

No, I can guarantee you that it's used... they just do a really good job of sealing them as if they are new. Allow me to explain how I know. The time before last I purchased 2 3DS games (Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7). Both came sealed and I thought they were new... I really did. This past sale I bought smash bros for $20, and it came sealed but with a used sticker on the seal which just slid off of it... it looked like a new copy after that sticker practically fell off... I opened it up and everything looked new as well, but there was just the slightest nick on the inside of the manual thingy that came in it, and that's how I knew it wasn't new.
agree also Hastings is known to reseal games sometime to

I think the kicker was the steam usage and regeneration also. That broke this camel's back.
What was wrong with the steam usage? My friend said it bothered him too, but it's just a way to limit steps. All srpgs put a limit on how far you can go on the map, this is no different.

Interesting. It looks so perfectly new inside and outside that I could probably even pass this off as a new if I give it to friends.
Yea, that's what I did the first few times as well... one could usually tell 3rd party reseals with a trained eye, but even I couldn't tell the difference between their seals and the offical factory seal.

6S2w2N.png
You got the world release version(think Middle East countries), which you can tell from the small circle on the bottom right of the cover.
It'll work just fine on your NA 3ds, just wanted to point it out.

Might be buying Codename STEAM today at $16.50. If the price holds for a few more hours. Though I wonder if it ends up being one of the Gamestop Spring sale games (low odds).

bread's done
Back