Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
i wasnt sure where to post this, but my friend was able to score 3 Mario kart 7 games at meijers for 3 dollars

said it was a clearance

Total YMMV but my local Best Buy had a manager markdown table with Lord of Magna launch edition and Senran Kagura DD Edition for $9 and $10 respectively. Chibi Robo bundles were $10 as well.

Is $10 for Codename:  S.T.E.A.M. any good?  My local NFM has lots of them available at that price.

Total YMMV but my local Best Buy had a manager markdown table with Lord of Magna launch edition and Senran Kagura DD Edition for $9 and $10 respectively. Chibi Robo bundles were $10 as well.
how does this stuff work in retail? I understand if it is a company wide clearance, but what are the policies for clearance pricing at a store or regional level for non consumable goods? don't mean Best Buy but retail in general.

how does this stuff work in retail? I understand if it is a company wide clearance, but what are the policies for clearance pricing at a store or regional level for non consumable goods? don't mean Best Buy but retail in general.
Depends on the store. Some stores like BBY have company wide clearance and then the managers have discretion to mark things down lower to move them. Walmart is all set by management I believe. Target is mostly corporate driven but requires the in-store teams to update to those prices and some stores or districts hit thresholds at different times for some reason (possibly banding).

There is a demo for CODE Steam ... I didn't like it. And I like SRPGs a lot.

Just my two bits.
Exactly the same way I use demos... to gauge general interest in a game. Sometimes demos don't fully match the final game... but often they match up enough to make an informed decision. That's one of the games that is hit or miss even among SRPG fans. I still need to try it before deciding to open my copy.

PM'd Dragon Ball Z Butoden at Best Buy (from Amazon) for less than $14.

Also, my Best Buy had one copy left of the Legend of Legacy launch edition, so I picked that up for $24

PM'd Dragon Ball Z Butoden at Best Buy (from Amazon) for less than $14.

Also, my Best Buy had one copy left of the Legend of Legacy launch edition, so I picked that up for $24
I tried price matching legend of legacy and was told they couldnt because the one in store was the launch edition. I mentioned that more than likely they weren't going to get any more copies regardless. They just repeated they had to be the exact same.
I also brought up the fact no one was going to buy the ones they had at regular price anyway since the boxes were crushed by the spider wraps they were in. But it was fine I bought devil survivor 2 instead

I tried price matching legend of legacy and was told they couldnt because the one in store was the launch edition. I mentioned that more than likely they weren't going to get any more copies regardless. They just repeated they had to be the exact same.
I also brought up the fact no one was going to buy the ones they had at regular price anyway since the boxes were crushed by the spider wraps they were in. But it was fine I bought devil survivor 2 instead
Ridiculous. Price matching has no effect on a launch edition especially since they retail at same exact price.

I hope Stella Glow goes on sale or clearance somewhere soon because my BB has a couple launch edition copies left

Hopefully it works for you as it did for me.

I was told the same but I pressed a bit more saying that the Amazon listing was also the one that included the soundtrack pointing out that some of the reviews mentioned it.

They ended up price matching because of that

Whoever is thinking about buying Legend of Legacy, please don't. 

I was actually the first person to post on CAG about the launch edition (still waiting for my medal, guys!) and that game is among my most regretted purchases ever. In fact, I even started a thread about most regretted purchased on CAG, which was fueled by my LoL purchase. 

I sold it for about $25 to a friend. If anyone cares. 

Save your money for much better games like Fire Emblem or Bravely Second. Or spend your money on drugs. 

All of those options will give you far less regret than buying the generic titled game, Legend of Legacy. 

I was actually the first person to post on CAG about the launch edition (still waiting for my medal, guys!) and that game is among my most regretted purchases ever. In fact, I even started a thread about most regretted purchased on CAG.

I sold it for about $25 to a friend.

Save your money for much better games like Fire Emblem or Bravely Default. Or spend your money on drugs.

All of these options will give you far less regret than buying the generic titled game, Legend of Legacy.
I bought it day 1, too, after seeing your OP. #regret

Artbook and soundtrack are nice though.

I've spent 10 dollars so far and got 2 launch copies of the game.  I enjoyed the demo and finished it completely but I haven't been motivated enough to stop playing Picross and actually try it. 

Looks to me like you got overhyped for it, even going so far as to make a thread to hype it. That made a less than stellar game seem a whole lot worse than it really is. Quite frankly if I bought it at launch I'd have a lot of regret... but I noticed it was a little more on the generic side and opted to get it when it was around $20 on amazon (still getting the launch edition). I don't regret that at all. I bought it because I like exploration while knowing full well the story was not going to be anything special. Sort of the same way I feel about the older Etrian & Persona/SMT games. I just like the exploration and battles.

^

Yes, I did get overhyped. I would imagine everyone has fallen prey to being excited about what looks like a really cool game in a genre they enjoy. 

Only Destiny and Legend of Legacy can hold that against me. At least for 2015. 

The game looks awesome, but man, was it a stinker. 

Okay.

I was actually the first person to post on CAG about the launch edition (still waiting for my medal, guys!) and that game is among my most regretted purchases ever.
YOldrk0.jpg

In fact, I even started a thread about most regretted purchased on CAG, which was fueled by my LoL purchase.
attention.jpg

I sold it for about $25 to a friend. If anyone cares.
Nobody cares.

Save your money for much better games like Fire Emblem or Bravely Second. Or spend your money on drugs.
Screenshot2011-01-17at113655AM.png

All of those options will give you far less regret than buying the generic titled game, Legend of Legacy.
tmpQzHoRV.jpg

"still waiting for my medal, guys!" - EvilChamp

I think the last game I had much regret over was True Crime on the GC.  Not that the game was bad, I fully enjoyed it.  But I bought it at launch knowing it was going to be at least a few steps down from the full GTA experience I wanted on the GC.   I'm starting to regret getting hyped for Fire Emblem Fates.  I preordered the SE but now I see the extra Map Pack 1... I'm guessing that means a Map Pack 2 isn't too far off as well... and I just am sick of games that nickle and time for content.  I know it's not as huge a regret because I can keep my preorder and flip it for 100%+ profit... but I still feel regret about getting hyped in the first place.

FE Awakening had the DLC afterwards as well. The game is a complete experience without said DLC though.

Okay.

YOldrk0.jpg

attention.jpg

Nobody cares.

Screenshot2011-01-17at113655AM.png

tmpQzHoRV.jpg

"still waiting for my medal, guys!" - EvilChamp
You care. I know you do. Just look at all this effort you made for your, what is this now? A collage?

Any who. I give you a B+, with points taken off for not grasping sarcasm.

Keep up the good work, though! I gave you a "Like." Spend that "Like" how ever you please!

Thanks, I'll save it for the next overhyped game thread you regret making.

Keep me posted.
You went through WAY too much effort to show us you don't care, or don't like the poster, or SOMETHING.

Just more evidence that Cheapy needs to institute a gif posting limit on the site.

He was probably just referring to the part where you said you sold your game, when he said he didn't care. I mean, he clearly does care about the rest. (And there's nothing wrong with that, despite what some internet tough guys would have you believe.)

Honestly, regardless of wheher LoL is good or not (besides, what you consider a good game might be something I consider bad, every one is different) for that price it was a no brainer for me to pick up. Last launch edition at my best buy, so getting it for just over $20 is a steal to me. I probably won't even get to plaging it for a few months

I did my homework on Legend of Legacy and knew what I was getting into before I got it, so I have no complaints.

This is kind of like when everyone was shitting on the Bravely Default demo, just because it wasn't what they were expecting it to be.

I upsets me how much I could have saved on the special editions of Senran Kagura, Legend of Legacy, and Persona Dancing All Night, just by waiting a few months.

It's okay.

These in-store clearances are generally pretty rare to still be in stock when they hit that price point, or at least for my BB.

My BB doesn't even clearance items to that level since they're all pretty stubborn with their at-risk and eol items, so I never get to get in on these yummy super low prices some people here have a chance at getting.  T___T

Depends on the store. Some stores like BBY have company wide clearance and then the managers have discretion to mark things down lower to move them. Walmart is all set by management I believe. Target is mostly corporate driven but requires the in-store teams to update to those prices and some stores or districts hit thresholds at different times for some reason (possibly banding).
makes a bit of sense for Best Buy as I have seen clearance stickers which correspond to reports online.

I have never come across those instance clearance prices as seen in Target/TRU clearance threads. if game A doesn't ring up for some insane price at a Target whereas it does in others throughout the country, I can blame my local Target's lazy employees and management?

Does having more stock in inventory more likely for a game to be clearanced?

well of course it is since its a manager markdown but it may be on clearance every where. my local one had it only for $8 off.

bread's done
Back