Cheap Ass Gamer at E3 2011

Out of curiosity, I wonder if the Microsoft floor section is full of people flailing their limbs around in front of televisions. Also, do have any impressions of the voice recognition abilities of Kinect?

[quote name='jedi_dad']So...If Microsoft was going to announce any price drops, would it have been today? Think they'll try and steal some thunder away from Nintendo tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

No,i think the price drop will happen on august/September like always.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Wow the Ubi presentation sure started off cheesy ;)[/QUOTE]
Ubisoft is always cheesy and has the worst hosts I've ever seen. I was so happy Joel McHale didn't come prancing onto the stage this year, but then some new retard (Mr.Caffeine? Give me a break) had to ruin all that. Far Cry 3 was the only highlight of their show for me, which isn't saying much. At least they stayed away from 3DS games and kept the dancing/workout crap to a minimum.

What were the buses for - getting from the hotel to E3? Or were press conferences held elsewhere?

EDIT: And what was that Amazon NES cart? Did Amazon have a booth there or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ronin Bahamut']CheapyD and Shipwreck - That was me at the Namco booth!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Awesome, it was nice to meet you!

Just based on the audio boos this doesn not sound like the great E3 that you guys expected on the last CAGcast.

Microsoft offered nothing for grownups.

With the IPhone/IPad Sony's portable device is just the latest in a dying breed.

The Wii U sounds like its going to be a current generation system with a giant universal remote control. Why would I want to play a game on a little screen while sitting on my couch in front of my big screen TV?

The games side sounds more interesting but no real surprises. All in all it sounds pretty routine.

No real surprises cause everything gets leaked and spread across the internet faster than Wombat cutting off Cheapy when talking.

[quote name='paintball745']The new Nintendo system the Wii U sounds like the noise an ambulance makes.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Iv heard a lot of Wii U jokes, but thats the best! Edit - Stole your joke already twice ;)

Battlefield 3 and Zelda:Skyward Sword are the only games I'm getting for sure this year.

Not even that excited about Wii U. Not sure why. I was looking forward to the reveal and I was hyped when the Wii was unveiled 5 years ago, but ....just not feeling it.

There's potential there. I like NIntendo games.

But ....I don't know. I want to believe, but they just didn't give me anything concrete enough to believe in yet. There was no WiiSports. New demonstration on stage. Just tech demos behind closed doors or on the floor I guess.

Also something goofy about the use of sleek small wiimotes and the large tablet controller in the same living room.

And now I'm hearing only 1 controller per Wii U? The cool game ideas I was thinking of involved multiple tablet controllers in the same room. Madden. Zelda:4 Swords stuff. fps games against each other away with the tv as the scoreboard or map etc.

And then 3rd party support? Is that really going to go anywhere this time around? The only light at the end of that tunnel for me was BF3 shown at the Nintendo conference. Not that I won't already own that game on another platform before 2012.

[quote name='Jodou']Ubisoft is always cheesy and has the worst hosts I've ever seen. I was so happy Joel McHale didn't come prancing onto the stage this year, but then some new retard (Mr.Caffeine? Give me a break) had to ruin all that. Far Cry 3 was the only highlight of their show for me, which isn't saying much. At least they stayed away from 3DS games and kept the dancing/workout crap to a minimum.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Caffeine has been their promo guy for years, just never in public. Always at Gamestop manager conventions and such.

True story: One year he was brought in on a throne with 2 of the Frag Dolls, 1 draped on each leg. He proceeds to pinch the butt of the very attractive one and say, "You all wanted me to do that, right?"

Also Cheapy/Shipwreck, Snowblind Studios is the hack-and-slash dev you couldn't remember the name for that's doing the LotR game.

I am beat! Exhausted from all the coverage and going back and forth between the two floors! One year break from this is all I need!

[quote name='binici']I am beat! Exhausted from all the coverage and going back and forth between the two floors! One year break from this is all I need![/QUOTE]

Ditto, plus I got a cold while I was out there. I don't know how anyone can try to attend the parties and find time to cover the show.

[quote name='binici']I am beat! Exhausted from all the coverage and going back and forth between the two floors! One year break from this is all I need![/QUOTE]

Agreed - this has certainly been a Lazy Friday.

And was only able to attend 2 days! But with driving in early, all the standing, talking and walking around, plus parties, then driving home...yikes. Going to stay downtown Tuesday and Wednesday nights next year for sure.

I just wanted to say thanks CheapyD and Shipwreck for the awesome party on Wednesday. I really felt like I was party of the gaming community!

I wouldnt buy anything Nintendo right now. They're distancing themselves from the pack so much with the DS3D and Wii U, NOBODY except shovelware shit is gonna make it to their consoles. I don't want that shit.
I suppose it makes them money, but .. game wise. yeah. ok. garbage.

[quote name='CheapyD']Awesome, it was nice to meet you![/QUOTE]

It was great to meet you guys! I can't believe I didn't take a pic. Next time for sure.

Sorry I couldn't make it to the CAG Party; would've had to bring a couple if I did. Hope it went great.

I'm kind of surprised that with the Wii U and the PS Vita on the way that neither the original Wii or PSP Go have gotten any special offers.

I mean, I can understand the PSP Go since most retailers didn't really restock on it. There should be more Wii deals or something to push out the obsolete model to make room for the Wii U. Seems like there's really no reason to keep a Wii now, especially if people planning to get a Wii U and have a Gamecube lying around.

Edit: Any reason to get a DSi if you're planning to get a 3DS. The DSi XL looks nice, wish there was a TV out for the DS systems. I mean, you'd still have to use the bottom screenfor touchscreen required games. Have it hooked up to the TV where you can have the option to shut off the DS/DSi/DSi XL's screens, but still function normally.

bread's done
Back