CheapyD Gets His PS3 From Amazon Japan - Unboxing Video Inside

[quote name='whoknows']Also, those of us who do get a PS3 at launch (and keep it) should organize a CAG Resistance game :D[/QUOTE]So true

CheapyD not excited? He just wanted the video to get over with so he can finally start playing! Seriously, that is exactly like I would act, throwing papers and not caring about them and just wanting to see the system.

Price isnt too bad.. 66129 yen = $563 (with Japanese tax), $536 without tax... assuming amazon ever gets them back in stock. Can you change the menus to english? Any other surprises?

Jesus, cut the poker-faced one a break! If he were more than just a little animated, this video would be circulating the web for all the wrong reasons! Also, were he to allow his enthusiasm for the long-awaited console to bubble over, it would most likely result in involuntary gaseous emissions. Again, not the kind of ammunition you want to give insolent, immature, and sadistic fuckwads in and beyond the gaming, um, 'community'*.

Personally, I like watching someone stay 'cool and collected' when you know they want to do an impromptu celebration jig.

*--The implication that some of the most socially inept and confrontational people in the history of Mankind can sustain some sort of kinship and camaraderie is one of the more ridiculous things I've said. I mean, besides those united by sheer frugality, obviously.

very nice catch, I cant get over how big and heavy looking it is, think you can stand it next to your ps2, just to get a general size difference

grats Cheapy ... it'll probably be some time before I get a PS3 (if at all, I'm more than happy with my 360 at present). What's the web browser like on the PS3 ... is it based on any current browser like the DS browser is?? (based on Opera 9, iirc)

Remember when the original xbox came out, and they said one of the reasons it didn't sell very well in Japan was because of its size? I wonder how they're liking the size of this beast?

::jealous::

Why does Japan get all the fun stuff first? =(

"Knocking out the fat, in high definition" :lol:

How long in advance where you planning that one?

Lucky mutha

Good stuff Cheapy

cod damn I hate you right now (nah just jonesing)
but Damn
well hopefully my connection will pull though on his end of the bargain and I'll join you on The Ps3 owner list by December

edit*

man I feel like frank grimes everytime I see that vid =>_

Grats Cheapy. It's nice to see a video of someone unpacking their system that is actually excited. Most of the "major news sites" seem very unimpressed with getting to open/unpack the newest console.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']"George Foreman Grill" -- Classic!

and the PS3 comes with composite cables? huh?

it's hard to believe the day is upon us.[/QUOTE]

I am surprised that it didn't come with HDMI cables, wasn't that one of there selling points with the PS3?

Congrats CheapyD!

Unlike you, I'm a poor man, so it looks like I'll be getting my PS3 sometime later

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Remember when the original xbox came out, and they said one of the reasons it didn't sell very well in Japan was because of its size? I wonder how they're liking the size of this beast?[/quote]
They switched places. Now the American console looks Japanese, and the Japanese console looks American. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Remember when the original xbox came out, and they said one of the reasons it didn't sell very well in Japan was because of its size? I wonder how they're liking the size of this beast?[/quote]
Poor Microsoft, they tried so hard to make their console "look Japanese." Sony, a Japanese company goes "fuck it, lets make this thing look like it came from Hollywood!" :lol:

Congratulations Cheapy!

Sorry about the video thing, though.

I'll be waiting for a time until the PS3 won't do MASSIVE DAMAGE to my wallet, because yesterday I bought Okami, and it'll be sucking up a good 30 hours of my life. :)

[quote name='rmoushon']Congrats and all that, Cheapy.

Maybe some of us CAGs should put together a fund to buy you some furniture.[/QUOTE]
Teh Ps3 is teh furnitures!

Also, I think he was excited enough for an adult human opening a new piece of technology. He isn't Cheapy 64 Kid, after all. What, did you want him and Mrs. Cheapy to start scratching at the box?

Congrats to the man who didn't have to wait in line, and picked up his PS3 with such effortless manner :D. Fast shipping as well.

Thanks for the vid.

[quote name='Vinny']What a big box... I don't understand why it's so much bigger than the 360 box.[/QUOTE]
It's power supply is internal.....which to be honest REALLY worries me.....with the amount of heat these processors are going to put out.

Are the melting PLAYSTATIONS or Upside Down Playing going to return??

[quote name='rmoushon']Maybe some of us CAGs should put together a fund to buy you some furniture.[/QUOTE]

F that. If furniture is that important, he can sell that shiny new PS3 on Ebay and get more cash than both of my kidneys combined.

Cant wait for the next show, hope you play it enough to talk about it and compare it with the 360.. [UI and Online wise]

Congrats on get it, it would have been nice though to see you try and get it in the shops.. more funny for the users

Now the question is.....is RESISTANCE worth 600$ (or in my case of 5 Pre-Orders = $ 3000.00).......as all the good games supposed to be at launch have been delayed.....till the European Launch???....how convenient.

PS3 = PSP = A lameduck 6 Months - 1st year??

[quote name='evilmax17']You should fix your webcam on your TV and go into the CAG chat for a live PS3 marathon. We can ask you questions and stuff while you game.[/quote]

That's a good idea.

[quote name='David85']I like how you spent $600+ dollars on a PS3 when you don't even have a couch. :)[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing! LOL!

bread's done
Back