CheapyD to Appear Live on Bloomberg TV - Wednesday Night (6/7/06)

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']did that guy even say the name of the site right?[/QUOTE]

He said CAG.com :/

Awww, no massive damage or giant crabs?? I sure do want one of those wiggly things since the "P3" is so expensive.

Good job CD!

[quote name='kaw']Here's a picture my friend snagged of Cheapy and Wombat at the Nintendo World / Miyamoto event.

cheapyd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

sometimes I forget how handsome I am, and great job Cheapy hopefully they will ask you back again.

He said CheapyD.com, which is apparently a mirror-name to Cheapassgamer.com.

So Cheapy thinks Nintendogs is a good seller, yet CLAIMS that his dog doesn't own stock in Nintendo.

I'm sure those crazy Sony and Microsoft lawyers will dig something up. :roll:

[quote name='kjauburn']Was it me or did the guy asking the questions almost sound like "So tell me more about this things called VIIDDEO GAA-MES..."[/quote]

sigh, he's a square, and not in a good way...

[quote name='jPoD']He said CAG.com :/[/quote]

he also said cheapyd.com...which does redirect to the main site, you gotta remember "ass" is a bad word.

encoding for the psp

although I might have to trim the footage

[quote name='mkg12'] That other guy is a douch, Msoft, X360?[/quote]
I thought that was hilarious. The guy obviously knew nothing about games, and didn't really want to do that segment.
Great job Cheapy!

[quote name='youruglyclone']he also said cheapyd.com...which does redirect to the main site, you gotta remember "ass" is a bad word.

encoding for the psp

although I might have to trim the footage[/QUOTE]

What capturing software did you use? Stupid ass virtualdub messed up my capture.

Obviously the interviewer had little knowledge or interest in doing the interview as evidenced by his continually rattling papers while CheapyD was talking.

Good job Cheapy!

I think he actually said CG.com as the site name. I heard it's a great site for P3's, wiggly things, MSOFT, and other things that vaguely sound like video game terms.

I don't think it matters that he got the site wrong though. Somehow I don't think we were going to get a lot of hits from regular Bloomberg watchers.

You handled yourself well, though, Cheapy. It looked like you were a little nervous, but you were coherant, relavent and concise. Hopefully, your video game consultant work will continue.

When are you going to start selling CAG stock?

Uploading the video right now...There's an image tag on the vid from the trial encoder that I used because my regular encoder wouldn't work.

the closed caption guys, wrote nintendo wee, as I believe at least 2 times, way to go bloomberg television.......!

cant believe what cag made me do , watch bloomberg tv!

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']What capturing software did you use? Stupid ass virtualdub messed up my capture.[/quote]

the default stuff that came with my all-in-wonder

uploading a trimmed version of it to youtube.

if bloomberg hunts me down...at least he can't shoot me.

[quote name='hcamacho']the closed caption guys, wrote nintendo wee, as I believe at least 2 times, way to go bloomberg television.......!

cant believe what cag made me do , watch bloomberg tv![/quote]

hey I stuck around for the korean bank thing and the fifa segment afterwards...oh the laziness

dang, hope somebody captured and posts it. hope this doesn't mean no CAGcast this week

Wow that guy had no clue what he was talking about "msoft, x360, p3". And then Cheapyd.... a video game consultant? I chuckled at that one

Nice job CheapyD. I saw that live as well. I actually happened to have Bloomberg on and saw you pop up. I completely forgot the interview is today.

Also, do you guys think it is a good time to buy Nintendo stock?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']IIRC, saying "Msoft" is acceptable and common for the business crowd considering the call symbol for Microsoft is MSFT.
[/quote]

but come on it's fun to be elitists...

so bored and avoiding work that I've encoded a psp and gba media player version.

if folks actually do want it I'll put it on yousendit or something

hahaha

The host was simply speaking like they do on Bloomberg all the time: MSOFT, TW, GM, etc. They do it on FOX NEWS too

but..he said he'd work in massive damage or crab battle or something..I didn't hear anything

[quote name='Wombat']great job Cheapy hopefully they will ask you back again.[/QUOTE]

Just watched it on my DVR and couldn't have said it any better myself. Cheapy on Bloomberg FTW!

Thanks for watching!

I just watched it myself. Definitely too much head nodding and my mouth likes to be open while i'm waiting to speak.

Hopefully I will be invited back and have an opportunity to do better job.

EDIT: Yeah, i didn't really have an opportunity to work in massive damage. Maybe next time.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']"Video game consultant"

Whatever you say man.[/quote]
I never told them that...

Great.... as soon as my failed capture ends I check and figure out the problem. I then test it to make sure it worked and it does.

For shame, I would have had a beautiful, high quality MPEG2 capture of the segment. Oh well. :(

[quote name='CheapyD']Thanks for watching!

I just watched it myself. Definitely too much head nodding and my mouth likes to be open while i'm waiting to speak.

Hopefully I will be invited back and have an opportunity to do better job.

EDIT: Yeah, i didn't really have an opportunity to work in massive damage. Maybe next time.[/quote]great job on the interview Cheapy, but you could have easily worked in Massive Damage:

Bloomberg: So do you think Nintendo will take back their top spot?
CheapyD: Definetely, they are going to do MASSIVE DAMAGE to microsoft and sony with the Wii

I think you did an excellent job Cheapy. I do agree that there was too much nodding, maybe too much rehearsing and showing that you knew what questions were coming.

[quote name='levi333']Good stuff Cheapy. Although i didnt hear a single real plug for the site.[/quote]
I don't think that the average Bloomberg viewer would be interested in a video game deals message board.

[quote name='dcfox']Since when the hell is Cheapy a video game consultant? :rofl:[/quote]

Any third party that's engaged to give professional advice on a topic is considered a consultant. You don't need a degree or anything special, you just need to be a subject matter expert.

Hey CheapyD, I totally enjoy watching the show. And yeah, you seem to expect a lot of those questions coming and you respond them in a snap! Great job! Thanks for sharing it with us.

[quote name='LiquidNight']great job on the interview Cheapy, but you could have easily worked in Massive Damage:

Bloomberg: So do you think Nintendo will take back their top spot?
CheapyD: Definetely, they are going to do MASSIVE DAMAGE to microsoft and sony with the Wii[/quote]

Ha! That would have been great. But it should be "I think Nintendo will inflict MASSIVE DAMAGE on Sony and 'Msoft.'"

Good job Cheapy. Did they ask you to keep you replies short? It seemed to me that you stoped talking when, if it were a CAGcast, you would have said a little more.

bread's done
Back