CheapyD to Appear Live on Bloomberg TV - Wednesday Night (6/7/06)

[quote name='Ma12kez']Did I hear it wrong or did that guy ask you if your dog owned stock in Nintendo?[/quote] I think I heard that too. Anyways, nice job Cheapy

Good job Cheapy.

Glad to see the link waiting on me when I got to work this morning. I missed it last night(Damned Little League!).

[quote name='Ma12kez']Did I hear it wrong or did that guy ask you if your dog owned stock in Nintendo?[/quote]

People hide shit in a divorce by putting something in the dogs name. Why not stock? That was probably an inside joke for the Bloomberg crowd.

Anyway, nice job Sir Cheap. I'm a little dissapointed there was no MASSIVE DAMAGE inflicted, but nobody is perfect. Anyone know what the hell that antenna was sticking out of the DSs they were showning?

I use to think that one day playstation would take over the gaming market... Until my 2nd month with my PSP.
Nintendo, you go boy! bringing the fun back into my pockets.

[quote name='Stuka']People hide shit in a divorce by putting something in the dogs name. Why not stock? That was probably an inside joke for the Bloomberg crowd.

Anyway, nice job Sir Cheap. I'm a little dissapointed there was no MASSIVE DAMAGE inflicted, but nobody is perfect. Anyone know what the hell that antenna was sticking out of the DSs they were showning?[/QUOTE]
TV tuner, if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='gunm']Er, looks like the stock went down a little bit as of this writing...hehe, just what are you saying about CD? ;)[/QUOTE]
Actually Nintendo's stock is nearly twice what it was at this time last year. We'll have to wait to the close of the markets today to see what short-term volatility this analysis has brought to the market.

Not bad...It was a very professional market convo really. I could see a small increase in the purchase of NTDOY. It did basically level out maybe because of this apperance. Could be a great time to get in on this stock if could afford to. Maybe you will be asked back when PS3 launches to give insight on Sony or something.

"What do you think is going to happen with their Wii model? This is actually going to be an ergonomic, if I use this term correctly, ergonomic revolution in the sense that you don't have to occupy both hands you can actually wiggle with one hand and get the job done."

How the hell did neither person burst out laughing at that last line? Maybe I'm not mature enough to be watching the Bloomberg channel.

Great job by the way, everything sounded very clear and professional and reflects well on gaming.

I liked when the host was introducing cheapy. I almost thought that he was going to say Cheapassgamer on tv, but he ended up just saying CD. That would have been funny.

He wasnt going to throw any follow up questions if he didnt understand anything, he wouldve just sat there and nodded and smiled like a schoolgirl.

You shouldve thrown out a giant crab/massive damage reference.

Example:

While Nintendo has lots of momentum, the small form factor of the system does not allow for flipping over giant crabs for massive damage.

Or you couldve interupted him with "RIIIIIIIDGE RAAAACER"

Nice job cheepy, you seem very calm on national television!

I like it how the analyist guy further abbreviated the "P3" and X360"

Great job Cheapy. You really sound like you know what you are talking about, :). I enjoy listening to your opinion. Hope we will see you again.

Hey Cheapy - good work. Watching crap like this makes me wonder why we can't get a decent video game network. There's so much to talk about pretty much all year long.

Nice job Cheapy! I like your new "title" of Video Game Consultant. Be sure to keep me in mind when your firm is in need of some fresh new talent. ;)

Way to go, Cheapy... you sure made Bloomberg your bitch! Now to increase your obscure cable channel market share with an all-out onslaught on the Outdoor Life Network and Fit TV...

Seriously, though, good stuff. You've got a pretty engaging personality, and I look for more and more channels to call you in to talk about gaming business and culture. I'm especially proud of you for giving such a big pop to Nintendo.

Bernie Lo: "And next on Bloomberg TV, how to flip the market on it's back and attack it's weak point for MASSIVE DIVIDENDS!!!"

Congrats Cheapy... somehow watching you on there made me think of.....

dr.evil_one_miliion_dollars.jpg

You should do that on CAG Cast sometime. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']Congrats Cheapy... somehow watching you on there made me think of.....

dr.evil_one_miliion_dollars.jpg

You should do that on CAG Cast sometime. :D[/quote]

Ugh. Please don't.

Good interview, you should have had a suit though so your attire competed with that of Blooomberg's, make you look like a gaming analyst. I gotta say more tv and the podcasts are doing wonders, who knows this whole cheap ass website might really pay off.

While you composed yourself well, I don't think you offered any substantial insight that an average gamer would, other than knowing about the 5-hour wait for the, *ahem*, "Wii room."

Not that you did a bad job, but to me, as a gamer, I don't think that you offered any kind of "expert analysis." To the average Bloomberg watcher, OTOH, they may have not seen into it that much.

You didn't look like a foolio on national television, and I suppose that's the most anyone can hope for.

It was pretty good. It's hard to "dumb down" this sort of info for business people, but you did a good job. The only thing I'd disagree was the last part -- about Nintendo going back to No. 1 position. I suppose it depends on how you measure it, but Wii is probably not going to sell as many units as PS3 or Xbox360.

On the other hand, one would think that Nintendo isn't losing as much money on the console sales, so financially-wise they're in a stronger position. For all the GC-bashing, it probably has been a profitable venture for N while MS lost $1+ billion on Xbox... It's a financial show, so discussion of profitability would've been very helpful.

[quote name='Rusdude']It was pretty good. It's hard to "dumb down" this sort of info for business people, but you did a good job. The only thing I'd disagree was the last part -- about Nintendo going back to No. 1 position. I suppose it depends on how you measure it, but Wii is probably not going to sell as many units as PS3 or Xbox360.

On the other hand, one would think that Nintendo isn't losing as much money on the console sales, so financially-wise they're in a stronger position. For all the GC-bashing, it probably has been a profitable venture for N while MS lost $1+ billion on Xbox... It's a financial show, so discussion of profitability would've been very helpful.[/QUOTE]

No, Nintendo isn't losing as much money on console sales, if anything, their handheld unit allows them to break even on any loss they might have, but personally I think thjey've gained back lots of the financial stablity they lost during the Nintendo 64.

However, yes, anyone who says Nintendo will take the number one spot financially is obviously blind. Microsoft made it clear, they're willing to lose money to have an established user base. Sure, Japan doesn't help them -at- all, but the consoles sell well enough in the Western world. If Microsoft could just find the key to Japan, they might not lose anything at all. It's obvious that financially they're worth it, or else developers would NOT buy into it. A horde of American developers and at least the bigger Japanese developers believe enough in them.

Personally, I think Wii will have a very quick, very strong debut, but will slow down as the PS3 gains steam. Except for Wii sports, I haven't seen one game which would really gain mass appeal, at least not like Brainage or Nintendogs. I mean, come on, it's as simple as saying this

How many companies have ever bragged about their launch titles and included AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER. that's almost as low as if Sony launched with THE BIBLE GAME 2 and POCAHONTAS COLOR BOOK ADVENTURE.

bread's done
Back