Check ur PSN inbox; Sony is giving away free money

I didn't get it. I guess being a PS+ member who spent $80 in the last couple months in the store doesn't make me a loyal customer. Here's to hoping it's just delayed.

Got mine too, now if they will just confirm if Bioshock Infinite will be day one digital and include first game like the retail release I will put it towards that!

[quote name='p-spiddy']Thanks for the heads up, OP. There wasn't a message alert on the media bar so I would've totally whiffed if not for this post.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy it! I'm glad it seems like a lot of people are getting it :)

I got an account on PSN but can't sign because I don't have a PS3 if anyone is willing to trade an amazon gc for it let me know.

Didn't get one. Maybe punishment for using my 360 for gaming more than my PS3. Though I do own quite a few PSN titles. Oh well, no biggie.

Nice gift but it's not fun for EU users. Always America get something but never Europe. Sony should think about every PSN user in the world.

I got $10! Very excited about this. Money is tight right now for my family and my birthday is next week. Really wanted the Star Wars pinball tables and now I can get them for free!

[quote name='page305']Has anyone received the $10 that is not a PS+ member?[/QUOTE]I'm not a PS+ member (though I was at one time for a month thanks to a code), and I got the free $10.

[quote name='Necromorph']Nice gift but it's not fun for EU users. Always America get something but never Europe. Sony should think about every PSN user in the world.[/QUOTE]

Sony isn't doing it to be nice. They have some reason behind this. My assumption is purchases are lacking in the US whereas EU purchase numbers have been just fine.

I didn't get a code though.

[quote name='Necromorph']Nice gift but it's not fun for EU users. Always America get something but never Europe. Sony should think about every PSN user in the world.[/QUOTE]
This is definitely not true. Europe got some things the US didn't like the free PS+ subscription and Ratchet and Clank Future a Crack in Time after the PSN fiasco.

Better not say that on the Weekly PS+ Update comments section. I think your eyes would wither and die after reading the hate mail you'd get.

Checked again & a new message! Ubisoft wanting me to buy the new $10 add-on, lol. Nothing from Sony & I am a PS+ member who has bought about 4 full PS3 games & 4 PSN games, some PS1 all within' the last 6 months.

Bastards!

[quote name='GenPirate']Sony isn't doing it to be nice. They have some reason behind this. My assumption is purchases are lacking in the US whereas EU purchase numbers have been just fine.

I didn't get a code though.[/QUOTE]

Imo I think they did it as a PR move to go with the announcement of the PS4

[quote name='TheRobReport']Um I just got a psp, is that even eligible for this $10? LOL[/QUOTE]

As I wrote in the first post, you need a ps3 system to view the message (if you got it)

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Imo I think they did it as a PR move to go with the announcement of the PS4[/QUOTE]

Not realizing with the language they used it's an absolute backfire for anyone who reads game sites and didn't get a voucher.

Nothing here, despite having PS+ for 2 years and spending around $100 on PSN since October. It'd be one thing if there was more information about how/why some are getting this and others aren't . . . as is, now I know Sony doesn't see me as a loyal customer.

:booty:[quote name='Rohsiph']Not realizing with the language they used it's an absolute backfire for anyone who reads game sites and didn't get a voucher.

Nothing here, despite having PS+ for 2 years and spending around $100 on PSN since October. It'd be one thing if there was more information about how/why some are getting this and others aren't . . . as is, now I know Sony doesn't see me as a loyal customer.[/QUOTE]

Nobody has addressed it everywhere I looked. Why! Why dammit! Lol, I don't know is an answer. Look at me, cooking rabbit w/ Glen Close, come on people.

I have about $300 worth of "across the pond" shipping receipts from my EU exporter of collector editions that says you're wrong!

It's probably a legal reason, like some US states aren't eligible for giveaways when others are.

I still wonder what the criteria was for getting a credit. I know Sony had a website where you could register to "be the first to know on 2/20", so maybe that is what they used to determine who got the credit. Did anyone else sign up for it and get the credit, or sign up and did not receive the credit?

I didn't sign up for the 'be the first to know on 2/20' thing, cause I don't care about the PS4, and I got a $10 credit. For further statistics, I'm a PS+ member as of the end of Nov 2012, and I have spent about $130-$140 on the PSN since mid-Nov 2012. I'm not active on Sony's message boards or whatever, I've only had a PS3 since 2011, and I only started making purchases on the PSN shortly after Legend of Dragoon came out on the PSN, whenever that was. I have a 3G Vita that I got in March of 2012. I don't play any games online. I was only in 1 Beta (LBP Karting), and it was the last day of it when I got in. Can't think of any other random things that could be part of it.

Oh, I also visit the PS Store on my PS3 about every day, and I have a tab opened to the Sony Entertainment Network Store pretty much 24/7 cause I never close tabs or shut off my computer.

I live in Massachusetts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Judge Magister']I still wonder what the criteria was for getting a credit. I know Sony had a website where you could register to "be the first to know on 2/20", so maybe that is what they used to determine who got the credit. Did anyone else sign up for it and get the credit, or sign up and did not receive the credit?[/QUOTE]

Signed up and didn't get credit:cry:

I have plus didnt sign up for any special email lists I did spend 100$ a few months ago to get that 20 extra and Ive had my psn acct since 07. Idk if time and actually buying things was the main factor in who got the credit.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Nothing in my inbox, had the PS3 since 2008.

Also have a PSP and Vita.[/QUOTE]

I've had my ps3 since launch, I also have ps+ and got nothing :/

I got $10 credit. I'm pretty sure it's random. Of all the friends I know that have a ps3 and use it often, only 1 besides me got credit

[quote name='page305']I have about $300 worth of "across the pond" shipping receipts from my EU exporter of collector editions that says you're wrong!

It's probably a legal reason, like some US states aren't eligible for giveaways when others are.[/QUOTE]
Anyway, Sony is a big company so they should think about all customers.

To people saying that they bought stuff from PSN worth 1000000+ dollars and they didn't got anything, Sony said that they are giving these vouchers for "loyal" users. They didn't said that you need to have PS+ or buy alot stuff from PSN. I don't know how much is "loyal" for Sony but I think that all members who has been PSN members for more than year and are regulary using PSN, Sony should give them something. I am not talking now only about EU but even US and as it seems not all users in US got their 10 bucks which is unfair for most US members.

Still no idea what the criteria was, but I'll drop my name in the "I got it" hat. I'm PS+, have purchased recently from the store, and own 2 PS3s (One broken), a PSP and a Vita.

Don't know how much we can take from that - mostly that I've given Sony way too much money.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']I think only people in US get it.[/QUOTE]

latin american accounts also got this promotion, it was for the whole continent, i think so.

Only person in my household to not get it. Come Monday I'm going to go buy a MS Points card and email them a photo of it.

No code for me, and I was one of the people who had their CC info stolen and actually used (attempted anyway). No big deal, since both of my PS3's are basically glorified Blu ray players...

Was a member of PS+ for 2 years, but let the subscription lapse last December. Got a $10 code.

Kind of off topic, but does anyone recommend the Gundemonium Collection? Three shmups for $15 is tempting...

Nothing for me but I was never a PSN + member (besides the 1 free month for the hacking incident) or spent that much money on PSN. So I guess I wasn't loyal enough?:p

I got the credit, thanks Sony. :bouncy:

[quote name='sp00ge']No code for me, and I was one of the people who had their CC info stolen and actually used (attempted anyway). No big deal, since both of my PS3's are basically glorified Blu ray players...[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with Sony sending out random PSN credit?

bread's done
Back