Check your email. All Killer Instinct characters unlocked for free. XBOX ONE

vwbeetlvr

CAGiversary!
You're a fan of us and we're a fan of you.
We want to show you our appreciation, so we're giving you:

KILLER INSTINCT

We've unlocked all characters so you can hit the ground running.

Watch your inbox on November 22 for instructions on how to claim your free gift.

Don't worry, we'll remind you.

We wouldn't be here without you,
and we know you'll do amazing
things on Xbox One.
Thank you from Xbox Live.
Jump ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
10+ years over 100k gamer score, play lots of fighting games. Got the KI e-mail.

Lucky bastards getting the free X1 tho!

I'm pretty damn happy about a free game. Granted I'll still give them money for KI Gold.

7 years and 27k in gamerscore and nothing. If anyone doesn't want theirs I would gladly compensate them for one
Fine print seems to indicate that the redeem is tied to the actual gamertag that received the email. I guess we'll see though.

Free gift code valid only for the authorized account holder of the gamertag this email is addressed to, and is nontransferable and not redeemable for cash.

anthonyd46 said:
This is a MICROSOFT STORE promotion. I got the email as well called they said it was legit. The phone number in the email and on microsoftstore.com match. Someone I know in the UK got it as well and the numbers also match. They said they would contact me about the free one tomorrow to verify shipment info.
Is it safe to call, now? Do they know of the promotion?

my brother has 312k gamerscore and I have 395k ish.  Both of us got the free xbox one email.  Been Xbox Live Gold since Halo 3 back in 2007.

10 year tenure and nothing so far. Always amazes me how these seemingly random giveaways always skip me. Sigh. I am one of the few actually looking forward to KI. Ah well. Maybe something will show up for me someday.

Fine print seems to indicate that the redeem is tied to the actual gamertag that received the email. I guess we'll see though.

Free gift code valid only for the authorized account holder of the gamertag this email is addressed to, and is nontransferable and not redeemable for cash.
Well that stinks. I got the free KI characters email, but not only do I not plan on getting an Xbone, I hate fighting games. Was hoping I could make someone else happy...

Just talked to a guy - you have to provide a CC because they place the order through the Microsoft Store (online?) - so be prepared to provide one.

Got the Killer Instinct email. Hardly a free X1, but won't complain. I am really thinking I'm going X1 next gen at this point so I'm cool with it. For what it is worth, I currently have a X1 on pre-order at the Microsoft store. Not sure how that might affect things. 

What is the subject of the e-mail?  It's from the MS Store?

I got nothing, been a member since the beginning essentially also. 

Bummer... but it makes sense.. I've can-x'd my account (at the end of this month) and low-n-behold a whole lotta nothing.  Been gold since 360 launch.

Looked back... I got my Xbox in 2004 when I got back from deployment.  I've been an ACTIVE Gold member since 2004 until the end of this month..

Just finished with my order.

qqvpmQN.png

Nothing for me. Pretty sure I have over 100K in point and 6 years tenure. Maybe not enough loyalty, but I am picking up a Xbox One on day One...would be a nice treat to have, but not gonna complain.

Ok got the email at 9:35 am EST.  

It says Welcome To The New Generation Call 1-877-696-7786 by 11/21/13 to get your free One.

Thank you no really thank you. 

You are a fan of us and we're a fan of you.

Now we want to show you our appreciation.

Consider yourself gifted all free all yours.

Picture of Xbox one with Forza 5

Then it says the sooner I call the closer to November 22 I'll get the system.

Then it says the info required is email, gamer tag associated with the email, and my single use code.

Also to watch my email on Nov 22 cause I will be getting additional free gifts.

So i called and got :

Option 1 questions before u buy or to purchase an item from Microsoft store

Option 2 for products other than Microsoft Windows Phone 
Got connected a CSR and gave them the info requested.  They said I would get a call within 24-48 hours to verify shipping Info.

About 30 mins ago or so they called with a "No caller ID" 

They said they wanted to verify my shipping info.  

I said how do I know this isn't a scam?  Prove to me it isn't.

So they sent me an email from [email protected] and it was all legit.

Then they were like so whats your address and CC info.  I said why don't you tell me ?

So they gave me all the info correctly.  I said yea thats correct.

So they processed it all I got an order confirmation and it says:

Product Name: Replacement Xone Standard Order
Product SKU: 7UV-00077 (Pre-Ordered)

​Then it says $499.99 with a discount of $499.99 with a total of $0.00.

It says expected ship date 12/31/2013 but i think thats just cause they don't know yet.

Anyone with any questions let me know.

I got this in my e-mail and had to spend 15 minutes on the phone with Microsoft Store to cancel my Killer Instinct Pinny edition (with all the Pinny Arcade pins).

First thing guy asked when I asked I wanted to cancel an order was: "Is this for the Xbox One Day One Edition"?  INCREDIBLE.  Means people are cancelling their orders in droves due to resolutiongate, and they did this promotion to save face and keep people from cancelling the pre-orders for the console.

For the record I have 8 year tenure and 116K GS and top tier in Rewards program.  Do NOT have the preorder "achievement".

Current Gold membership doesn't matter. I let my Gold expire last month and I still got the e-mail about KI today.

10 year tenure and nothing so far. Always amazes me how these seemingly random giveaways always skip me. Sigh. I am one of the few actually looking forward to KI. Ah well. Maybe something will show up for me someday.
I am in your exact position. KI was the deciding factor between ps4 and x1 for me even!

Major Nelson doesn't seem to know the criteria of these emails and another user said that he called support and they told him that all the emails have been given out.  Source.

Edit: More on the emails.

Been on XBL since the launch of the original Xbox and have over 150k gamerscore. Still nothing on my end.

If possible I wouldn't mind buying the code off someone for a discounted price if they do not plan on using it!

I got KI, be handy when I buy an Xbox One in 2 years.

Oh wait no, I think I'm getting a PS4 instead.

EDIT - I really should have gotten an Xb1 considering all of the $5 1200 point codes I ordered from the MS store that time ;)

11 years on Live, since the launch with original Xbox.  Only 38k gamerscore though as I don't have a lot of time to play.  Didn't get either email, which I didn't expect to since I didn't get a free 360 at 10 yrs either.  They must have certain criteria and then randomly selected from that pool ...

bread's done
Back