Chipped tooth thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Stoneage']When this catches on in the mainstream, we can all say we were there. And no one will believe us or care. I say we all start grafittiing every ad we see with gap teeth so we may know CAGs have gone before us.[/quote] Oh boy, e-Cool!

[quote name='Greetard']I hate logic. Especially when I can't argue against it. I admit defeat.

But...
Can we at least throw the videos and pictures back up and give credit to the people who originally found 'em? After that's done, we could lock the thread before it gets out of hand again (I think that baseball stat page was the final straw- my bad). That way at least something will be left for TOTY nominations.[/QUOTE]
Considering that that was the reason why the thread was deleted...there's no fucking way that it's going to happen.

Even if what RZ did was stupid, we don't need him to be harassed like Kayden's girlfriend (and to an extent, Kayden himself) was. If the pictures and video come back, I can almost guarantee that someone will use it against him, and probably in the near future. We don't need it popping up wherever he posts.

And in all honesty, having something like that as our "thread of the year" bothers me. That's not the kind of thing that we should honor.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Even if what RZ did was stupid, we don't need him to be harassed like Kayden's girlfriend (and to an extent, Kayden himself) was. If the pictures and video come back, I can almost guarantee that someone will use it against him, and probably in the near future. We don't need it popping up wherever he posts.

And in all honesty, having something like that as our "thread of the year" bothers me. That's not the kind of thing that we should honor.[/quote]

Exactly. This isn't gamefaqs.

Which is why the guy winning Villian of the Year ticked me off so much, that guy was a petty street thug, a thief, I on the other hand am the face of evil on this site.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']And in all honesty, having something like that as our "thread of the year" bothers me. That's not the kind of thing that we should honor.[/quote]

If a thread about some guy's shitting habits gets nominated, this should win hands down.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Which is why the guy winning Villian of the Year ticked me off so much, that guy was a petty street thug, a thief, I on the other hand am the face of evil on this site.[/QUOTE]

Stop being such a retahd.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']If a thread about some guy's shitting habits gets nominated, this should win hands down.[/quote]
11379210643390hu.gif

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Considering that that was the reason why the thread was deleted...there's no fucking way that it's going to happen.

Even if what RZ did was stupid, we don't need him to be harassed like Kayden's girlfriend (and to an extent, Kayden himself) was. If the pictures and video come back, I can almost guarantee that someone will use it against him, and probably in the near future. We don't need it popping up wherever he posts.

And in all honesty, having something like that as our "thread of the year" bothers me. That's not the kind of thing that we should honor.[/quote]

I completely disagree. If somebody is stupid enough to post something on the internet, on a public forum, they are asking for trouble. They should expect the worst. Nobody is going to show sympathy. If RZ really felt badly about what was going down, he could have both erased the OP and PM'd a mod to lock it right away. He didn't. He let it go on for ages. Also, about Kayden, I think he's an alright guy, but posting a naked pic of your girlfriend on the net? Shiiit, that's just asking for trouble. He knew that once he posted it, but it was too late. I'll bet that Jim's still got that pic on his computer, waiting to bust it out one of these days, and I'm gonna laugh my ass off when he does.

You made your fucking bed, now you lie in it.

(This is with no ill-will towards you, GW.)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Considering that that was the reason why the thread was deleted...there's no fucking way that it's going to happen.

And in all honesty, having something like that as our "thread of the year" bothers me. That's not the kind of thing that we should honor.[/QUOTE]

Thread of the Year is usually given to the funniest thread of the year. Considering this was the funniest thread of the past decade, there's all the reason it should be nominated.

Some people take the internet way too seriously.

Damn I missed the last few pages.
Will it be able to be voted on as thread of the year? I mean its gone, but its not over 7,500 people saw it.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Which is why the guy winning Villian of the Year ticked me off so much, that guy was a petty street thug, a thief, I on the other hand am the face of evil on this site.[/quote]

Exactly.
People don't quite seem to understand the sophistication of such things.
A proper villian should be charasmatic, and have a cult of personality about them.

A proper villian makes the things they do, which when viewed from an objective point of view are obviously evil and destructive, seem helpful, worthwhile and necessary.

Despite the number of obviously vile, crude and callous things JimmieMac has done, there are a number of people by which he is beloved and lauded.
This is what the true face of evil does.

As he correctly states, JimmieMac is that evil... and I have a feeling most of you wouldn't have it any other way. That's how good he is.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Which is why the guy winning Villian of the Year ticked me off so much, that guy was a petty street thug, a thief, I on the other hand am the face of evil on this site.[/quote]

More the face of obnoxious bluntness...

[quote name='JSweeney']Despite the number of obviously vile, crude and callous things JimmieMac has done, there are a number of people by which he is beloved and lauded.
This is what the true face of evil does.

As he correctly states, JimmieMac is that evil... and I have a feeling most of you wouldn't have it any other way. That's how good he is.[/quote]

You really give him too much credit. When you have "diplomatic immunity", acting evil isn't all that hard. Any jackass could do it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You really give him too much credit. When you have "diplomatic immunity", acting evil isn't all that hard. Any jackass could do it.[/quote]

I'd take all this under advisement but I only pay attention to people that make at least 10 bucks an hour and get laid on a semi-regular basis.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I'd take all this under advisement but I only pay attention to people that make at least 10 bucks an hour and get laid on a semi-regular basis.[/quote]

I'd take this under advisement, but since you responded I'd say you already pay attention. :lol:

That thread was great. It will be missed. And really, he posted the thread so he knew what he was getting into. Should people have gone after his friends, no, but on here on CAG and his myspace who cares. He put it up. Thread should have simply been closed. I missed the end of it.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I'd take all this under advisement but I only pay attention to people that make at least 10 bucks an hour and get laid on a semi-regular basis.[/QUOTE]

Hey I meet that criteria, except for the getitng laid on a regular basis, but I'm working on that.
icon_lol.gif

[quote name='Greetard']You're right- the owner can delete a thread if they chose to do so. However, a mod did it without a reasonable explanation to the owner. Explain that.[/QUOTE]

dont like it leave. Noone owes anyone a explanation why a mod closes a thread. maybe if people would learn to grow up and not call names the thread wouldnt need to be close. BUT since this site went to hell in the past year no wonder why few people who been here a long time even post anymore. And i hope they sue the hell out of anyone who made Sigs out of their post .

[quote name='slidecage']dont like it leave. Noone owes anyone a explanation why a mod closes a thread. maybe if people would learn to grow up and not call names the thread wouldnt need to be close. BUT since this site went to hell in the past year no wonder why few people who been here a long time even post anymore. And i hope they sue the hell out of anyone who made Sigs out of their post .[/QUOTE]A new challenger appears!

[quote name='slidecage']dont like it leave. Noone owes anyone a explanation why a mod closes a thread. maybe if people would learn to grow up and not call names the thread wouldnt need to be close. BUT since this site went to hell in the past year no wonder why few people who been here a long time even post anymore. And i hope they sue the hell out of anyone who made Sigs out of their post .[/quote]

Now, now.
The site really hasn't gone to hell in the past year. There have been periods of disturbance, but you really wouldn't even know about them if you only checked the deal boards, which is exactly what the majority of the userbase does.

Sure, there are a bunch of long time posters that stopped posting, but that's the nature of the beast. I'd love to see some older posters post again (Minx, Nintendo Fan Girl), or post more often (DarkeKatt, Darkewolfe, Epobirs, and more), but that won't happen. People migrate from boards, and stop posting mostly because they lose interest.

Sure, there are people that get banned, or leave in disgust, but those will be a minority.

[quote name='slidecage']dont like it leave. Noone owes anyone a explanation why a mod closes a thread. maybe if people would learn to grow up and not call names the thread wouldnt need to be close. BUT since this site went to hell in the past year no wonder why few people who been here a long time even post anymore. And i hope they sue the hell out of anyone who made Sigs out of their post .[/quote]

For some reason, I don't think you can sue for that.

didn't anyone save the thread? google cache? anything? riiidge racer?

I found the thread to get out of hand way too many times, especially the prick (who I wont name, even though I know who did it) who was making a joke out of RZ's deceased father. It just showed how immature many of you are, and even if RZ did come off as an idiot to you guys, some of the things that went down crossed the line and the thread served no real purpose. People just made fun of him, similar to how the audience would make fun of dumb guests on the Jerry Springer show. But on this site I wasent suprised. This is CAG after all.

[quote name='JSweeney']Now, now.
The site really hasn't gone to hell in the past year. There have been periods of disturbance, but you really wouldn't even know about them if you only checked the deal boards, which is exactly what the majority of the userbase does.

Sure, there are a bunch of long time posters that stopped posting, but that's the nature of the beast. I'd love to see some older posters post again (Minx, Nintendo Fan Girl), or post more often (DarkeKatt, Darkewolfe, Epobirs, and more), but that won't happen. People migrate from boards, and stop posting mostly because they lose interest.

Sure, there are people that get banned, or leave in disgust, but those will be a minority.[/quote]

Maybe not hell, but it has had a foot in purgatory for awhile now. You make a good point about the fact that most people just check the deal boards. Heck, there are over 50,000 members and only 14,000 are active. That means most look at the deals and are content with that without posting so much as a thank you.

In regards to epobirs, he has made a few posts recently. He is always one of the more interesting posters since he worked in the industry (IIRC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidecage
dont like it leave. Noone owes anyone a explanation why a mod closes a thread. maybe if people would learn to grow up and not call names the thread wouldnt need to be close. BUT since this site went to hell in the past year no wonder why few people who been here a long time even post anymore. And i hope they sue the hell out of anyone who made Sigs out of their post .

For some reason, I don't think you can sue for that.

wait and see. you can sue the person who post it and you are able to sue the person who owns the site for allowing it to be posted .

[quote name='Rozz']But on this site I wasent suprised. This is CAG after all.[/QUOTE]Why are you here then?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']For some reason, I don't think you can sue for that.[/quote]

It won't stop someone from trying. The cries of "emotional distress" ring loud even if they are self-inflicted.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It won't stop someone from trying. The cries of "emotional distress" ring loud even if they are self-inflicted.[/QUOTE]You can sue for whatever reason you want. Winning a civil suit is another matter entirely.

[quote name='jmcc']Why are you here then?[/quote]

I can be here for any reason I want. That doesent mean I have to pretend to enjoy the presence of most of the people here, especially since a large amount of people here are idiots while the intelligent people are overshadowed by the over abundance of assholes.

[quote name='jmcc']You can sue for whatever reason you want. Winning a civil suit is another matter entirely.[/quote]

Yeah, but I still don't think anyone would want to go through it. When it comes to minors courts throw logic out the window.

[quote name='Rozz']I can be here for any reason I want. That doesent mean I have to pretend to enjoy the presence of most of the people here, especially since a large amount of people here are idiots while the intelligent people are overshadowed by the over abundance of assholes.[/QUOTE]So you're willingly hanging around a place that you find distasteful?

[quote name='jmcc']So you're willingly hanging around a place that you find distasteful?[/quote]

The deals are what keep people here. Not the people.

[quote name='jmcc']So you're willingly hanging around a place that you find distasteful?[/QUOTE]

Most people just do it to piss others off. He finds satisfaction in pissing other people off and talking crap about them. Where as he is really no better then the rest of us. Hell he is probabbly worst off in real life.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The deals are what keep people here. Not the people.[/QUOTE]There aren't many deals posted in the off-topic forum.

[quote name='jmcc']So you're willingly hanging around a place that you find distasteful?[/quote]

I never said I find the whole entire site distasteful, and I would never leave for good (as I enjoy checking out the deals). If I found the whole entire site distasteful I would have left a long time ago, but there are certain members that post useful information and get the site going. However, it seems that the whole site as of late is getting flooded with morons, and I may wind up just checking the deals portion of the site in the future. However, for now I'm staying.

Now reply to yet another one of my posts, will ya? :roll:

I found the thread to get out of hand way too many times, especially the prick (who I wont name, even though I know who did it) who was making a joke out of RZ's deceased father.

It did get out of hand, which is exactly why it was deleted. This site is moderated on a volunteer basis. You can't realistically expect mods to be on this site 24/7.
That thread grew at a viral speed, and even the most dilligent moderator would have to spend a reasonable amout of time going through it, especially if they found it later on. I didn't see the thread when it started, and it was multiple hundreds of posts long the first time I saw it.

It just showed how immature many of you are, and even if RZ did come off as an idiot to you guys, some of the things that went down crossed the line and the thread served no real purpose.

Many? Even with all of the activity that thread saw, it was only a small minority of the site. You point is valid, but I rather resent the implication you make about the userbase at large. "Some" or " a few of" would be far less inflamitory. The number of users involved was in the tens, whereas the site membership is in the thousands. With all the people that were involved, they're still an almost statisically insignificant number of users.

People just made fun of him, similar to how the audience would make fun of dumb guests on the Jerry Springer show.

To a certain point, this is almost acceptable. These people open up their personal lives for some reason, be it money, attention, acceptance... but they put it out there. People did go over the line, but you can't really put the genie back in the bottle after it's been opened.

If anything, you should be happy with the way this is being resolved. Rather than cow-tow to the wishes of the few, that thread was removed from the site.. as you can see, a rather unpopular move. But the mods did it.
I would think that speaks better of the site that you're willing to give it credit.

But on this site I wasent suprised. This is CAG after all.

That is horrible, distasteful flamebait. There are thousands of users on this site who don't have anything to do with the enivronment you imagine. By and large, this site is a great resource full of helpful and knowledgable people.
Sure, there may be a few dark corners and seedy alleyways, but those aren't what the site is about.. people always seem to overexaggerate negatives and downplay positives. In general, this site is one of the nicest and kindest of the large videogame boards on the entire internet.

[quote name='Rozz']I never said I find the whole entire site distasteful, and I would never leave for good (as I enjoy checking out the deals). If I found the whole entire site distasteful I would have left a long time ago, but there are certain members that post useful information and get the site going. However, it seems that the whole site as of late is getting flooded with morons, and I may wind up just checking the deals portion of the site in the future. However, for now I'm staying.

Now reply to yet another one of my posts, will ya? :roll:[/QUOTE]So, you just wanted to be a drama queen for a bit there?

[quote name='JSweeney']
Many? Even with all of the activity that thread saw, it was only a small minority of the site. You point is valid, but I rather resent the implication you make about the userbase at large. "Some" or " a few of" would be far less inflamitory. The number of users involved was in the tens, whereas the site membership is in the thousands. With all the people that were involved, they're still an almost statisically insignificant number of users.
[/quote]

This is true. There were really only 5 people that were doing the digging and posting the pictures.

Honestly, when he says "check out the rest of my photobucket please", what do you expect people to do?

Although, I think the father comment and the posting of the stat page of his friend were a little rough. I went to bed around the time when he said it was getting out of hand, and woke up to a deleted thread, so I'm not sure what happened after that, but he was semi-cool with it up to that point, so hopefully it stopped after that point.

I can be here for any reason I want.

As can the people you see as "assholes". If they derive some sick pleasure from causing discord, if they stay within the bounds of the TOS, there isn't much that can be done about it.

That doesent mean I have to pretend to enjoy the presence of most of the people here, especially since a large amount of people here are idiots while the intelligent people are overshadowed by the over abundance of assholes.

Personalities clash. That happens in real life, and when you shift from that to a text based medium, this will only get worse. Sarcasm easily gets lost, and there are some who just don't convey themselves well in text... and just like in real life, it's easier to get people to listen by being loud than by being eloquent.

Attacking the masses because of the actions of some really only tends to get you closer and closer to being lumped in with those "assholes", and eventually joining them on the ignore list.
Unless, of course, your posts are always compelling, even if disgusting and vile.. in that case you get a bye.

[quote name='JSweeney']I can be here for any reason I want.

As can the people you see as "assholes". If they derive some sick pleasure from causing discord, if they stay within the bounds of the TOS, there isn't much that can be done about it.

[/quote]

The only problem with that is that a lot does go out of bounds of the TOS. I don't mean a stray asshole comment here and there, no one is perfect, but repeated attacks (harassment). Technically, someone who does that shouldn't be here.

I think the board overall is still better than most (it could still be better) and the ignore list should be utilized. People will seldom miss a deal that way (since the best are usually posted by helpful CAGs, not the asses) and that gives users at least some control.

I never said I find the whole entire site distasteful, and I would never leave for good (as I enjoy checking out the deals).

As do most people. Just like every community, there is a common interest that binds people. Of course, just like in real life, those with common interests may still hold radically different morals and opinions. This leads to friction, and in time, situations like the one you saw. Renegade Zero has had a negative history with a number of users. While this doesn't excuse the actions take, I can't really say I'm surprised that any of it happened.

If I found the whole entire site distasteful I would have left a long time ago, but there are certain members that post useful information and get the site going.

That accounts for most of the users... even some of the people that pile on in some of the nastiest things said and done on this site post some of the most useful and interesting things.

However, it seems that the whole site as of late is getting flooded with morons, and I may wind up just checking the deals portion of the site in the future.

Do not judge so rashly. While one post can color your opinions of someone, that one faltering may not correctly speak for the bulk of what they've posted. It doesn't forgive it, but you'd miss out on some of the best content this site provides if you run around judging others based on singleton posts.

However, for now I'm staying.

I'm positive everyone's breathing a collective sigh of relief.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I am guessing Shrike or Daphatty.[/QUOTE]

Don't drag me into this. I had nothing to do with it. In fact, I haven't even read the original chipped tooth thread.

[quote name='daphatty']Don't drag me into this. I had nothing to do with it. In fact, I haven't even read the original chipped tooth thread.[/QUOTE]It was weird, wild stuff.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The only problem with that is that a lot does go out of bounds of the TOS. I don't mean a stray asshole comment here and there, no one is perfect, but repeated attacks (harassment). Technically, someone who does that shouldn't be here.

I think the board overall is still better than most (it could still be better) and the ignore list should be utilized. People will seldom miss a deal that way (since the best are usually posted by helpful CAGs, not the asses) and that gives users at least some control.[/quote]

If you actually believe that, document it. Report the posts, PM the mods. Get involved. You can't expected 100% accuracy out of a volunteer force, especially one that is as relatively small as the one that polices this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back