Chipped tooth thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='daphatty']Don't drag me into this. I had nothing to do with it. In fact, I haven't even read the original chipped tooth thread.[/quote]

I didn't mean anything by it. I was just guessing. I see you and Shrike on the board more than other mods, thats the only reason I guessed. If I offened you I apologize because that wasn't my intent at all.

[quote name='JSweeney']If you actually believe that, document it. Report the posts, PM the mods. Get involved. You can't expected 100% accuracy out of a volunteer force, especially one that is as relatively small as the one that polices this site.[/QUOTE]

It's only relatively small because most of the mod's aren't very active.

The site has almost 60,000 members I think, and I can only name 5 active mods I see on a regular basis: Trakan, Wubb, Daphatty, Shrike, and Shipwreck.

Are there even other mods other then these 5?? That number is just painfully low for such a huge site. As the site grows, the other parts of the site other then the deals will grow as well, and I've seen more flaming and a larger negative attitude these last couple of months, and that stuff really needs to be nipped before it gets out of control.

Who wants this site to be "Oh, they have good deals, but the members are real assholes" because it's the more vocal ones that will stand out in people's heads.

[quote name='JSweeney']If you actually believe that, document it. Report the posts, PM the mods. Get involved. You can't expected 100% accuracy out of a volunteer force, especially one that is as relatively small as the one that polices this site.[/quote]

Heck, I've reported a mod before. I have reported others if I think it's necessary.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's only relatively small because most of the mod's aren't very active.

The site has almost 60,000 members I think, and I can only name 5 active mods I see on a regular basis: Trakan, Wubb, Daphatty, Shrike, and Shipwreck.

Are there even other mods other then these 5?? That number is just painfully low for such a huge site. As the site grows, the other parts of the site other then the deals will grow as well, and I've seen more flaming and a larger negative attitude these last couple of months, and that stuff really needs to be nipped before it gets out of control.

Who wants this site to be "Oh, they have good deals, but the members are real assholes" because it's the more vocal ones that will stand out in people's heads.[/quote]

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showgroups.php

Ryback and Led are active. They both don't post as much as they used to though. They usually keep quiet while locking/moving threads. As am I, usually.

[quote name='Roufuss']Who is BigDirty..??[/quote]

He's actually on the site quite often, but doesn't post much. daphatty kind of was the same way when he had the government job. He has more time now though.

Some CAGs who were mods left/went on hiatus, and aren't mods anymore. (SneakyPenguin, Punqsux, jmon22, SS4Brolly, and NintendoFanGirl.)

[quote name='JSweeney']I can be here for any reason I want.

As can the people you see as "assholes". If they derive some sick pleasure from causing discord, if they stay within the bounds of the TOS, there isn't much that can be done about it.
[/quote]

Oh knoes!~ teh bolder! :lol:

Sweeney, you know better that anyone thats horseshit. The TOS is enforced about as rigidly as ... ... something not rigidly enforced... :roll:

Jimmie has broken an innumerable amount of rules and still strolls around like his a dick... err cock of the walk.

Hell, Even I have numerous infractions and I'm still here.

Oh knoes!~ teh bolder! :lol:

Yep. Back to the old habits.

Sweeney, you know better that anyone thats horseshit.
The TOS is enforced about as rigidly as ... ... something not rigidly enforced... :roll:

People has different levels of tolerance and different threshold for which they see as infractions.

Look at the difference between the moderating styles of Shrike and Jaket.
Both enforce the TOS as they see fit, but the end result tends to be far, far different.

I'd imagine that both think they rigidly enforce their interpretation of what the TOS is.

Of course, that interpretation many times just doesn't jive with what other do think that TOS says.

Jimmie has broken an innumerable amount of rules and still strolls around like his a dick... err cock of the walk.

Jimmie is an anomoly, and most people know that.
I don't think there is a single other poster that could get away with what he has, but that's all part of what you have to deal with if you want to use the boards. This is CheapyD's site after all.

Hell, Even I have numerous infractions and I'm still here.

That speaks more to the mercy of the mods more than anything else.
Yes, the threshold for what one must do to get completely and permanently banned is high, and that will lead to many people abusing that freedom, either because they are immature, or just a horrible person... but would you really have the opposite, with an overly oppresive, low threshold for frivolity enforcement of the rules?

It's hard to find middle ground on such things...

kind of like refs in the NBA, they will give the foul to a proven player like kobe or dirk, but if some nobody tries to get away with it the ref will just wag his finger at the player.

[quote name='JSweeney']

Jimmie is an anomoly, and most people know that.
I don't think there is a single other poster that could get away with what he has, but that's all part of what you have to deal with if you want to use the boards. This is CheapyD's site after all.

[/quote]

Anomaly is the perfect term. The only villian from 3ACA still with us...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80966

That says quite a bit.

[quote name='slidecage']Quote:
Originally Posted by slidecage
dont like it leave. Noone owes anyone a explanation why a mod closes a thread. maybe if people would learn to grow up and not call names the thread wouldnt need to be close. BUT since this site went to hell in the past year no wonder why few people who been here a long time even post anymore. And i hope they sue the hell out of anyone who made Sigs out of their post .

For some reason, I don't think you can sue for that.

wait and see. you can sue the person who post it and you are able to sue the person who owns the site for allowing it to be posted .[/QUOTE]

The resident conspiracy theorist and fact-faker is claiming something that isn't true? I don't believe it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Who is BigDirty..??[/quote]
Old ass mod from the ye olde days. And can someone answer me the question why the fuck am I still not a mod? :D;) I've stuck through the site and have been on for a good while and am on fairly frequently at all hours of the day and am nice (usually). I mean, i've gotten angered by some (JimmieMac), but have cooled off and it is rare. Besides, I have the summer and less work and school.

Edit: OH and the chipped tooth thread was fun for what I read of it. DOn't know what the spiral looked like at the end of it though.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']And can someone answer me the question why the fuck am I still not a mod? :D;) I've stuck through the site and have been on for a good while and am on fairly frequently at all hours of the day and am nice (usually). I mean, i've gotten angered by some (JimmieMac), but have cooled off and it is rare. Besides, I have the summer and less work and school.[/quote]

Probably because you go on whiny rants like that one.

[quote name='Scorch']Probably because you go on whiny rants like that one.[/quote]
Hey shut up. I was going to include you for the mod nominations since you catch me on my mess ups. We'd be the perfect combo of mods. Oh and couldn't you see the :lol:;) smileys

:roll:

;)

Edit: Look at the title by the way ;) If i was mod it could be chanced to worst mod on CAG.

I don't consider anyone (except real thieves) to be CAG villains. If there were only deals here, I would just check the front page like certain other sites. Sure, people can be dicks sometimes, but that's life. And most of the "dicks" on here are only messing around most of the time.

And, oddly enough, I almost chipped a fricking tooth on my Heineken as I was multitasking. Huh huh.

Yeah, what ever happend to those mods, like punqsux? I know NintendoFanGirl left CAG forever, but what about those other ones?

Speaking of BigDirt, what the hell happend to BigNick and the whole DragonLordFrodo thingy?

Also, who is evitoo?

[quote name='Stoneage']I don't consider anyone (except real thieves) to be CAG villains. If there were only deals here, I would just check the front page like certain other sites. Sure, people can be dicks sometimes, but that's life. And most of the "dicks" on here are only messing around most of the time.

And, oddly enough, I almost chipped a fricking tooth on my Heineken as I was multitasking. Huh huh. HHUUUURRRR!!!![/quote]

:cool:

Thank-you for keeping the seed alive.

hurrrrrr2zz.gif

I just wanna say that the only things that bothered me from the thread was mooky talking about my dad, and the person who posted my friend's stat page. I'm fine with the other stuff, calling me gay or whatever it bothers me, but I can deal with it.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I just wanna say that the only things that bothered me from the thread was mooky talking about my dad, and the person who posted my friend's stat page. I'm fine with the other stuff, calling me gay or whatever it bothers me, but I can deal with it.[/quote]

I used to actually like you when you joined the GW guild. I must not have been paying attention. :roll:

[quote name='Arikado']Ledhed is dead...?[/quote]

Braindead maybe, but he's still capable of spasming onto the keyboard.

[quote name='Kayden']he's still capable of spasming onto the keyboard.[/QUOTE]

mjh bd sflijnsdb/sadf.lkmnszdfgoaeswr 234578asdf.nmaflkjsgbh

Just doing a quick systems check.

[quote name='Technique']Also, who is evitoo?[/QUOTE]

Technical advisor, helps make sure the boards are running smooth, doesn't moderate any threads or anything.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I just wanna say that the only things that bothered me from the thread was mooky talking about my dad, and the person who posted my friend's stat page. I'm fine with the other stuff, calling me gay or whatever it bothers me, but I can deal with it.[/QUOTE]

People are just mean. You are better off ignoring them. Most Americans only care about themselves.

[quote name='Ledhed']mjh bd sflijnsdb/sadf.lkmnszdfgoaeswr 234578asdf.nmaflkjsgbh

Just doing a quick systems check.

Technical advisor, helps make sure the boards are running smooth, doesn't moderate any threads or anything.[/quote]

Running at floptimal efficienty I see. :lol:

I made it a rule to aviod that thread. You could tell that it wasn't going to be pretty by the end of the first page. When the pics, myspace and gay jokes started, I figured it would be deleted, so no suprise there.

[quote name='Trakan'] Also, about Kayden, I think he's an alright guy, but posting a naked pic of your girlfriend on the net? [/quote]

Three questions:

Was she hot?
Did she find out?
Still together?

[quote name='the3rdkey']People are just mean. You are better off ignoring them. Most Americans only care about themselves.[/QUOTE]
Ah, the UK. Where anyone can wear a helmet and not be made fun of :roll:

[quote name='Russblue11']Three questions:

Was she hot?
Did she find out?
Still together?[/quote]

1. Not really, although she isn't horrible. Mainly JimmieMac loved reposting it.

2. Yep.

3. I don't know, Kayden seems to have a lot more free time now......:twisted:

The worst part about this thread isn't what happened in it, it's that CAG members are going to constantly reuse the joke and run it into the ground.... much like Giant Enemy Crabs, magazine racks, and glitter. Oh wait, it's already happening!

You people need to learn that a joke is only funny in moderation.... Rick James was funny until everyone on the planet started doing it constantly.

[quote name='Roufuss']The worst part about this thread isn't what happened in it, it's that CAG members are going to constantly reuse the joke and run it into the ground.... much like Giant Enemy Crabs, magazine racks, and glitter. Oh wait, it's already happening!

You people need to learn that a joke is only funny in moderation.... Rick James was funny until everyone on the planet started doing it constantly.[/quote]

Rick James used cocaine... for massive damage. :cool:

[quote name='Roufuss']Rick James was funny until everyone on the planet started doing it constantly.[/QUOTE]
No. It still is funny -- It's not funny when people repeat it.

The chipped tooth saga, the PS3 press conference, etc. can be repeated for years to come, because they weren't told as a joke, initially (like "I'm Rick James, bitch!"), but created by the people.

Those types of memes often become funnier when totally out of context, tacked on and insaley dated -- "Rick James", on the other hand, is a straight-forward joke... and just doesn't work that way.

I know it's cool to stand on the outside, and is often intellectual to do so... but, shaddap.

[quote name='Brak']No. It still is funny -- It's not funny when people repeat it.

The chipped tooth saga, the PS3 press conference, etc. can be repeated for years to come, because they weren't told as a joke, initially (like "I'm Rick James, bitch!"), but created by the people.

Those types of memes often become funnier when totally out of context, tacked on and insaley dated -- "Rick James", on the other hand, is a straight-forward joke... and just doesn't work that way.

I know it's cool to stand on the outside, and is often intellectual to do so... but, shaddap.[/quote]

I dig the sig, but the giant crab massive damage thing is getting a bit stale. It's dying down a bit now though.

[quote name='Trakan']I dig the sig, but the giant crab massive damage thing is getting a bit stale. It's dying down a bit now though.[/QUOTE]
Well, you can't get any staler than 1888.

[quote name='Trakan']I dig the sig, but the giant crab massive damage thing is getting a bit stale. It's dying down a bit now though.[/quote] It still makes me smile, however, Albinos HA! HA! Teh Giant Enemy Crab is using the internets! Makes me :rofl: everytime. :lol: The hat and monicle make no sense whatsoever, and thats what makes it great.
[quote name='Roufuss']:lol:

That was actually funny ;)[/quote]
Did you ever expect any less of me? :cool:

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Someone (Kayden?) posted the smiley in the last OTT. Give me a sec.

Edit: Okay. So it was the current OTT.

But, it was Kayden. I was close.

icon_lol.gif

:lol:[/quote]

icon_lol.gif

".../Blade_bucket/..."

A-hole.

I certianly hope jaket has the sense not to share this sort of thing with you in the future Gree...

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back