Chris Jericho's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']And don't forget, no Jeff Jarrett. I like this whole "addition by subtraction" thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm a Jeff Jarrett mark and proud of that!

heat is on! if anyone cares

goldust has been doing good on heat..i wonder if they'll just use hom on heat or mix him up on raw (doubtful)

Yeah that Goldust vs Rob Conway match was pretty decent. Totally forgot that we have Benjamin vs RVD tonight. Okay... so that might make up for that lame McMahons vs HBK/God match. Almost.

random impact pics

normal_IMG_6854.jpg

normal_IMG_6929.jpg

Backlash thus far..... I'll update this post during the PPV.

JR and King announcing tonight.

Carlito beat Masters.

Lita promissed if Edge wins that they'll have a private sex celebration.

Jamal beat Flair in an overglorified jobber match. What the hell?

WWE CD ad coming out May 23rd.

Vince and Shane promo. Vince pretends he walks on water then talks about "the bread and the fish and that kind of thing" then breads keeps being thrown at him along with some other crap I missed. JR wonders what the hell is going on.

Trish wins by DQ. Mickie retains the title however.

HBK talks backstage with Maria. He says that the good Lord is with him as always. The Lord expects HBK to use his gifts the way he wants him to. HBK says this is a handicap match. He guarantees he will win. He then says that he (and Lexington) has two words for Vince... then walks away just as the crowd says "suck it."

ROB fuckING VAN DAM beat Benjamin to retain Money In The Bank along with win the IC Title in what is definately Match Of The PPV! Nothing more needs to be said.

Big Show interview backstage with some guy I have no idea who it is. "Who doesn't have problems these days" is Big Show's point before finally getting to the real point which is that Kane crossed the line.

Big Show vs Kane went to a no contest after Big Show gave Kane a chair shot after the arena's lights went red and an audio loop of "May 19th you can't stop it."

Some Vince McMahon promo with Candice Michelle that's so lame I won't recap it.

Vince/Shane beat HBK/"God" after a run in by the Spirit Squad.

WWE ad for Mick Foley "Greatest Hits And Misses" on PPV during May.

John Cena promo backstage. Typical Cena. You could of missed this yet know what he said word for word.

Matt Stryker comes out to the ring. He says there is another miracle in Kentuck and its him. He then rattles off all the things wrong with Kentucky then says he has good news for everyone by saying his name is Matt Stryker and he will be our teacher. He then welcomes Eugene to the ring. Stryker askes Eugene to spell his name. Eugene writes "loves poop" below Matt Stryker's name on the chalk board. Eugene then picks his nose which Stryker screams at him about. Eugene then flings the booger at Stryker then gives him a stunner. Lame lame lame. And they expect people to pay $35 for this shit?

Judgment Day 06 (Smackdown brand PPV) plug for May 21.

Cena beat Triple H and Edge. Triple H however beats down Cena and Edge afterwards then gives the DX chops in the middle of the ring.

[quote name='mykevermin']Are you following spoilers on a show you hate, or did you pay $35 to watch a show you wouldn't like anyway?[/QUOTE]

Watching at a friends house. :D

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Big Show blowing a choakslam on Kane.

JR just said it right... "this has not been a pretty match." He's damn right... its been god aweful.

From WWE.com.

[quote name='WWE.com']According to WWE doctors at the Rupp Arena in Lexington, KY, Trish Stratus dislocated her right shoulder during her match with Women's Champion Mickie James. Doctors managed to put the shoulder back in place. An MRI has been scheduled. Check back here for updates.[/quote]

[quote name='Scorch']I keep feeling like "god" will be the comeback of someone huge.

who's been out lately? batista? eh wrong brand.. ken kennedy? angle?.. wrong brand.. who's on Raw that's been injured? JBL's a self-proclaimed wrestling god, could he be jumping ship? nah. foley? that'd be pointless. hmm..

or maybe it's nobody.[/quote]

hello. The "King of Kings" will sit back on his throne. I'm thinking HHH interferes somehow and DX finally reunites.

I feel bad for Joey Styles, he has totally gotten screwed by JR (I know people were disappointed with the way he was calling things, but it was more Coach's fault than anything else)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I feel bad for Joey Styles, he has totally gotten screwed by JR (I know people were disappointed with the way he was calling things, but it was more Coach's fault than anything else)[/quote]

I think Joey Styles has been doing much better, and you're right, it is Coach's fault.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I feel bad for Joey Styles, he has totally gotten screwed by JR (I know people were disappointed with the way he was calling things, but it was more Coach's fault than anything else)[/QUOTE]

Actually Joey should be thankful. Outside of RVD vs Benjamin this PPV has been horrible. Especially the last two matches.

[quote name='guyver2077']trish looks great!!!

and i cant see micki in the same light after seeing her nudes[/quote]

link please!

[quote name='Demolition Man']BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Big Show blowing a choakslam on Kane.

JR just said it right... "this has not been a pretty match." He's damn right... its been god aweful.[/QUOTE]

Like your grammar.

I'd be pissed if I was your friend. I can just picture Demo at his friend's house.

*Vince suplexes Shawn*

*Demoman gets up, runs to the computer, posts it and runs back*

*HBK makes a DX sign*

*Demoman runs to the computer and posts it*

9:48 by my watch, meaning the main event ended about 180 seconds ago.. or should have. Please tell me Triple H won it.

Actually the computer was in the same room. So no issues there Scorch.

And besides I was doing the coverage mostly for my wrestling forum but I decided to share the coverage with CAG since it didn't take much more time to keep updating the one post during the show itself. Especially for those who just want to know what happened without wanting to watch the entire event. So enjoy. :D

[quote name='Scorch']9:48 by my watch, meaning the main event ended about 180 seconds ago.. or should have. Please tell me Triple H won it.[/QUOTE]

Prepare to be pissed.....

Cena won.

Overall it wasn't a shitty PPV like I said. It did have some good moments. Carlito vs Masters was pretty decent. RVD vs Benjamin was fantastic and well worth getting from that certain website that I shall not name. The three way main event was okay. The rest of the show was pretty much a forgettable mess. Sad to see...

Flair an overglorified jobber. And I couldn't imagine such a lame match like Kane vs Big Show having an ending lamer than the match that followed up to that ending but somehow WWE managed to do that

... and that whole McMahon God thing... well... its not over yet.

There's my quick review. Not a shitty PPV as I have seen far worse (yes... I have actually watched that aweful "Heroes Of Wrestling" PPV which makes Backlash look amazing). Hope everyone enjoyed my coverage. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']

There's my quick review. Not a shitty PPV as I have seen far worse (yes... I have actually watched that aweful "Heroes Of Wrestling" PPV which makes Backlash look amazing). Hope everyone enjoyed my coverage. :D[/quote]

yeah, worst dollar i ever spent.

[quote name='Scorch']They're showing a DSW event on Comcast Sports South (CSS) right now.. I didn't know they aired this[/QUOTE]

Sucks that is not available in my area. I wouldn't mind checking it out. :)

Thanks for the recap DemolitionMan. To bad WWE Pay-Per-Views can't be better than they are.

SIUfan86, if you really want to see those pics of Mickie James send a personal message to GuilewasNK that is where most of us got them from. I don't have them anymore otherwise I would have gladly sent them to you.

[quote name='cdeener']Thanks for the recap DemolitionMan. To bad WWE Pay-Per-Views can't be better than they are.

SIUfan86, if you really want to see those pics of Mickie James send a personal message to GuilewasNK that is where most of us got them from. I don't have them anymore otherwise I would have gladly sent them to you.[/quote]

I'll send him a link to them on MSN.

[quote name='cdeener']Thanks for the recap DemolitionMan. To bad WWE Pay-Per-Views can't be better than they are.[/QUOTE]

My beef with the WWE is that they continue to have top notch talent and the full capability to have nothing but solid shows every week. Yet we keep getting crap angles (Vince vs God), crap talent (Jamal, Mark Henry), and so on and so forth. I really wish the WWE could be better than what we are getting. Its not like as if I hate the WWE just for the sakes of hating the WWE but when the product is bad then I'll call it out as the way I see it.

Yet I keep giving the WWE chance after chance despite vowing never to watch I think more out of hope that someday Vince might snap and realize that he needs to turn his product around.

I guess as a wrestling fan even I must endure the shit times before things get better. Its the only thing I can really do outside of working in the business itself.... wait a second... anyone think I could possibly do that? It might be fun to work backstage such as booking/writing or even doing play by play announcing? Odd thought as I'm writing this but hell.... thinking never hurts now does it? ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']I guess as a wrestling fan even I must endure the shit times before things get better. Its the only thing I can really do outside of working in the business itself.... wait a second... anyone think I could possibly do that? It might be fun to work backstage such as booking/writing or even doing play by play announcing? Odd thought as I'm writing this but hell.... thinking never hurts now does it? ;)[/quote]
Start as an oil boy and work your way up :whistle2:#

Or you could be Scott D'Amore's stand-in.

[quote name='2Fast']Or you could be Scott D'Amore's stand-in.[/QUOTE]

What's scary is that I'm not too far off apperance wise from Scott. :lol:

[quote name='Demolition Man']My beef with the WWE is that they continue to have top notch talent and the full capability to have nothing but solid shows every week. Yet we keep getting crap angles (Vince vs God), crap talent (Jamal, Mark Henry), and so on and so forth. I really wish the WWE could be better than what we are getting. Its not like as if I hate the WWE just for the sakes of hating the WWE but when the product is bad then I'll call it out as the way I see it.

Yet I keep giving the WWE chance after chance despite vowing never to watch I think more out of hope that someday Vince might snap and realize that he needs to turn his product around.[/quote]
I honestly have no idea how you can say that about the WWE and enjoy shit like TNA. I tried watching it the other day for the first time, and I couldn't stomach more than 10 minutes of it. It was boring and slow. I'd much rather watch Vince vs. God than Christian vs. Abyss.

[quote name='Demolition Man']My beef with the WWE is that they continue to have top notch talent and the full capability to have nothing but solid shows every week. Yet we keep getting crap angles (Vince vs God), crap talent (Jamal, Mark Henry), and so on and so forth. I really wish the WWE could be better than what we are getting. Its not like as if I hate the WWE just for the sakes of hating the WWE but when the product is bad then I'll call it out as the way I see it.

Yet I keep giving the WWE chance after chance despite vowing never to watch I think more out of hope that someday Vince might snap and realize that he needs to turn his product around.

I guess as a wrestling fan even I must endure the shit times before things get better. Its the only thing I can really do outside of working in the business itself.... wait a second... anyone think I could possibly do that? It might be fun to work backstage such as booking/writing or even doing play by play announcing? Odd thought as I'm writing this but hell.... thinking never hurts now does it? ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm curious just what the hell you think you've exhibited on this forum to show yourself employable, much less an employee of a professional wrestling company.

I can only hope that your jadedness towards the WWE's product stops harming you. I feel that I, with few exceptions, have stopped getting worked up about a fucking television show. Now, Monday night wrestling is an addiction I started in 1989, so I understand that my behavioral patterns belie me. However, it's taken some time, but I'm getting over myself in terms of being pissed about WWE or TNA programming.

Do I have to like it? Of course not. I reognize Vince versus God to be what it is, and six months ago would have written a scathing diatribe, of which seven whole people would read, about everything that's wrong with the WWE and how they're ruining professional wrestling. Now? Eh, while I know it's crap, I've taken a daoist approach to wrestling: there's nothing I can do to stop the flow of crap, so why get bothered by something as predictable as the sun rising and falling during the day?

I think the issue that many take with you is your admitted TNA bias. That's fine, I like to support underdogs too. However, you encompass this in a dialogue that reeks of your perpetual willfull ignorance of TNA's problems. Yeah, you don't like Scott Steiner. You won't follow that to the very next step, where TNA is relying on proven winners in the past, and wrestlers who were popular 3-7 years ago, to boost their ratings. They are going for the same demographic as WWE: the traditional dumbass wrestling fan who reacts to names and entrance music (sorry guyver), rather than moves. Now, yes, they have Samoa Joe, but that does not grant them absolution for everything.

In the end, you come across as a political pundit: you're more than happy to write a 1000 word essay on why the party you're opposed to stinks, but offer only a flippant admittance of the *same exact* shortcomings of the party you align yourself with (there was a clip of Ted Kennedy on Meet the Press last week doing just that when he was confronted with video footage from 1962 stating something that contradicted what he thinks today). By wearing your allegiance on your sleeve, it's hard to take you seriously. That's all.

You have a better chance to get into the biz if you drop the snacks, hit the gym, get mediocre and then suffer a career-ending injury than if you continue to post diatribes online. The latter career path will get you nowhere, unless you want to be Dave Scherer. And, if you prefer that lifestyle, then you do get the fringe benefit of having your mother do your laundry twice a week. I suppose that's nice.

EDIT: Your spelling and grammar are dogshit.

Case in point: I just found out that SmackDown is going to be in Cincinnati tomorrow night. Huh. They're promising Benoit/Finlay, but OTOH I do know two other things: (1) No Angle, and (2) They're gonna have a lot of time spent building up Mark Henry. I'll sit this one out, though I did promise my brother I'd take him to Cyber Sunday in November.

Between SD! tomorrow, Backlash last night, and ROH last Friday, it would have been quite a live wrestling week for me. It's uncanny to think I didn't go to any of them.

[quote name='Trakan']I honestly have no idea how you can say that about the WWE and enjoy shit like TNA. I tried watching it the other day for the first time, and I couldn't stomach more than 10 minutes of it. It was boring and slow. I'd much rather watch Vince vs. God than Christian vs. Abyss.[/quote]

TNA is much better than WWE when it comes to actual wrestling. 75 percent of those in WWE either have been doing the same shit for 20 years, can't wrestle, or are severely limited by WWE rules so that they cannot perform well.

and gyver since you have been to a TNA show, what all do you have to do to go and how much are tickets to a PPV? I tried looking but could only find info on going to impact (which it said was free). The reason I ask is I am going to see my grandma soon and she lives like 2 hours outside of Orlando (about an hour north of Tampa). Figured the June PPV would be worth going to.

Pwtorrents has Hustle 14 available for download. Team 3D, Kenzo Suzuki and Hiroko, and Yoshihiro Tajiri all make appearances (and perhaps wrestle, I just started watching).

Plus, Hard Gay wrestles!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']and gyver since you have been to a TNA show, what all do you have to do to go and how much are tickets to a PPV? I tried looking but could only find info on going to impact (which it said was free). The reason I ask is I am going to see my grandma soon and she lives like 2 hours outside of Orlando (about an hour north of Tampa). Figured the June PPV would be worth going to.[/quote]

iMPACT and the PPVs are free, all you have to do is pay for parking (if you get there before 6). Just get there about 5-6 hours early for the PPV.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']TNA is much better than WWE when it comes to actual wrestling. 75 percent of those in WWE either have been doing the same shit for 20 years, can't wrestle, or are severely limited by WWE rules so that they cannot perform well. [/QUOTE]

I have to disagree.

In TNA, you either have guys bouncing all over the ring no selling everything or you have guys that have no business being in a wrestling ring.

----------

Both companies have pretty big flaws and decent pluses (WWE = Burchill :drool: ).

It's all a preference though and TNA reminds me way too much of WCW (which I couldn't stand)

-edit [quote name='2Fast']iMPACT and the PPVs are free, all you have to do is pay for parking (if you get there before 6). Just get there about 5-6 hours early for the PPV.[/QUOTE]

It's free? Nice, I'll have to head over there now and check out a taping.

I remember having fun at the XPW taping they had a few years ago.

So... John Cena is still champ, huh? This pretty much completely destroys Triple H's, and definately Edge's, credability at taking another title shot. You think with all the massive buildup to this, and the fans booing John Cena, they would snatch the belt from him and turn him heel.

So what happens in WWE now? They've built up no other serious contenders for the belt, so is it going to be ANOTHER month of triple threat RAW main events?

I think, at this point, I'm pretty much done watching.

[quote name='Roufuss']So what happens in WWE now? They've built up no other serious contenders for the belt, so is it going to be ANOTHER month of triple threat RAW main events?[/QUOTE]

RVD

They have to start his mega push if the ONS rumors are true.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
and gyver since you have been to a TNA show, what all do you have to do to go and how much are tickets to a PPV? I tried looking but could only find info on going to impact (which it said was free). The reason I ask is I am going to see my grandma soon and she lives like 2 hours outside of Orlando (about an hour north of Tampa). Figured the June PPV would be worth going to.[/QUOTE]

Yes ppv's are free except Bound For Glory. honestly i prefer paying for tickets because it guarantees you entrance. Sometimes im hesitant about going because of risk of ebing turned away. You jsut got to get there early and wait in the line.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']TNA is much better than WWE when it comes to actual wrestling. 75 percent of those in WWE either have been doing the same shit for 20 years, can't wrestle, or are severely limited by WWE rules so that they cannot perform well. [/quote]

I think that is the main problem.

Some interesting stuff from LordsofPain.net. Apologies if posted already.

--------------------------------------------

WWE has put up pics of Melina's solo entrance. :bouncy:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/melina/soloentrancephotos/

Genocidal posted this pic in the last thread...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1859404&postcount=494

Several former ECW wrestlers not under contract to World Wrestling Entertainment received calls last week from WWE officials with inquiries in regards to participating in this new ECW project. All the individuals contacted were offered full-time deals. The contracts are one year deals with an option for two rollover years at WWE's discretion.

Former ECW stars contacted by WWE include The Sandman, Sabu, Balls Mahoney, Justin Credible, Lance Storm, Francine, and quite possibly a few other individuals. All of these wrestlers, with the exception of Lance Storm at the moment, have agreed to terms with WWE. They are all expected to sign contracts this week or next week.
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006/articles/1146173516.php

There is good news in Hulk Hogan's future, as "Hogan Knows Best", the hit reality show that focuses on the former WWE Champion's family, has been picked up for a third season by VH-1. Here is the official press release about the renewal:

"Hogan Knows Best" - Premiering October 2006

The Hogans get ready to rumble on VH1 for a third season of "Hogan Knows Best." Hulk might be able to stand the pain when he's in the ring, but there is one pain that even he can't escape -- growing pains! This season, daughter Brooke, 18, is beginning to see her dream of becoming a popstar realized as she heads into the studio to record her first album. Son Nick, 15, straddles the fence between boyhood and manhood, leaving Hulk and his wife Linda to flex their parenting muscles as they get body-slammed by their spirited teenage charges.

"Hogan Knows Best" is produced by Pink Sneakers Productions for VH1. Kimberly Belcher Cowin is executive producer. John Ehrhard is producer. Scott Bennett is director/co-producer. Shelly Tatro and Brad Abramson and Michael Hirschorn are executive producers for VH1. Warren Cohen is supervising producer for VH1.

It is unknown at this time if Hogan will make any more appearances in-ring or out on WWE TV anytime soon. His last match was at Summerslam 2005 when he defeated "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels and his last TV appearance for the WWE was when he presented Mene Gene Okerlund with his award at the 2006 Hall of Fame induction ceremony the night before Wrestlemania 22.
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006/articles/1146296433.php

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006/articles/1146173516.php
[/QUOTE]

On this one if Lance Storm comes back it will only be part time.

Lance Storm wrote a commentary on his official website at StormWrestling.com noting that he had talked with WWE officials about returning for the ECW brand but noted that he would not be returning full-time.

Storm said that he was serious when he said he retired and wanted to spend time with his family as well as his Storm Wrestling Academy school.

Storm also noted that he may appear from time to time but nothing on a full-time basis.

Another interesting tidbit of news from this ECW revival.

The Pro Wrestling Torch is reporting that with the launch of the new ECW brand this year, Paul Heyman will be so heavily involved that he will be getting his own office at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT.

We will be following this situation with the new ECW brand very closely over the next few weeks with plans being finalized for ECW programming, contracts being sent out to former ECW talent and a whole lot more.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm curious just what the hell you think you've exhibited on this forum to show yourself employable, much less an employee of a professional wrestling company.

I can only hope that your jadedness towards the WWE's product stops harming you. I feel that I, with few exceptions, have stopped getting worked up about a fucking television show. Now, Monday night wrestling is an addiction I started in 1989, so I understand that my behavioral patterns belie me. However, it's taken some time, but I'm getting over myself in terms of being pissed about WWE or TNA programming.

Do I have to like it? Of course not. I reognize Vince versus God to be what it is, and six months ago would have written a scathing diatribe, of which seven whole people would read, about everything that's wrong with the WWE and how they're ruining professional wrestling. Now? Eh, while I know it's crap, I've taken a daoist approach to wrestling: there's nothing I can do to stop the flow of crap, so why get bothered by something as predictable as the sun rising and falling during the day?

I think the issue that many take with you is your admitted TNA bias. That's fine, I like to support underdogs too. However, you encompass this in a dialogue that reeks of your perpetual willfull ignorance of TNA's problems. Yeah, you don't like Scott Steiner. You won't follow that to the very next step, where TNA is relying on proven winners in the past, and wrestlers who were popular 3-7 years ago, to boost their ratings. They are going for the same demographic as WWE: the traditional dumbass wrestling fan who reacts to names and entrance music (sorry guyver), rather than moves. Now, yes, they have Samoa Joe, but that does not grant them absolution for everything.

In the end, you come across as a political pundit: you're more than happy to write a 1000 word essay on why the party you're opposed to stinks, but offer only a flippant admittance of the *same exact* shortcomings of the party you align yourself with (there was a clip of Ted Kennedy on Meet the Press last week doing just that when he was confronted with video footage from 1962 stating something that contradicted what he thinks today). By wearing your allegiance on your sleeve, it's hard to take you seriously. That's all.

You have a better chance to get into the biz if you drop the snacks, hit the gym, get mediocre and then suffer a career-ending injury than if you continue to post diatribes online. The latter career path will get you nowhere, unless you want to be Dave Scherer. And, if you prefer that lifestyle, then you do get the fringe benefit of having your mother do your laundry twice a week. I suppose that's nice.

EDIT: Your spelling and grammar are dogshit.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but what the fuck? I mean, was that post really necessary? DemoMan was obviously not very serious, but you decided to jump down his throat and go on some irrelevant rant (which, oddly enough, you somewhat criticize Demo for doing, or at least, in your mind, possibly doing) that serves no purpose other than to take up bandwith.

I meant no malice with my post. I was just commenting on his "aw, shucks, guys" approach to people taking issue with his bitching.

Look, we're all bitches here. No one is superior or inferior. Okay, well, perhaps VanillaGorilla is incredible enough to take a pretentiously obnoxious approach to something as proletarian as professional wrestling, so I'd say many of us are better than that. So that's something, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back