Chris Jericho's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myke loves to rant for really no reason at all, we've come to accept that.

Former ECW stars contacted by WWE include The Sandman, Sabu, Balls Mahoney, Justin Credible, Lance Storm, Francine, and quite possibly a few other individuals. All of these wrestlers, with the exception of Lance Storm at the moment, have agreed to terms with WWE. They are all expected to sign contracts this week or next week.

This is the best news i've heard in the past few months. My hype factor for this new ECW is through the roof, especially after reading that Heyman gets his own office.

I hope Justin Credible has had a meal since we last saw him. Where's Axl Rotten's name on that list?

At any rate, I just read about Chris Masters forgetting to kick out during his match with Carlito - how did this come across to those of you who watched it live?

thanks for telling me that the PPV's are free as well. Good to know.

Also while I can agree that people don't sell as hard as they should in TNA, when they pull off some of the spots they do it doesn't really bother me too bad when they don't sell like they should. People like Joe, Styles, and Daniels really are why I am interested in TNA. Sure they have some washed up people, but they at least have a plethora of legitimate title contenders in all divisions (the tag division needs to get hyped up more, but the X division and heavyweight division seem to have too much talent and too many contenders).

[quote name='mykevermin']At any rate, I just read about Chris Masters forgetting to kick out during his match with Carlito - how did this come across to those of you who watched it live?[/quote]

It looked awful, you could tell the ref had stopped his hand and then Masters decided that it was time to kick out.

I'm also wondering if we'd have seen Eugene and Striker had Trish not got injured.

I don't know WHAT the fuck is wrong with these stupid wrestling sites, specifically prowrestling.com. They'll load the main page, but headlines? Forget about it. I click headlines, it'll load for like 3 minutes, then it'll load the main page. From what I can gather, there's supposed to be a "huge" return to Raw tonight, and from the headlines, it seems like it will be
Mick Foley

//edit: Found out more.

As first reported on WWE's new Mobile Alert system, The Cutting Edge will return tonight on RAW, and Edge's guest will be none other than Mick Foley. At WrestleMania 22, Edge and Foley had one of the most brutal Hardcore Matches ever, ending when the Rated R Superstar speared the Hardcore Legend through a flaming table. With their bloody war at WrestleMania 22 still fresh on both men's minds, what will Foley have to say and what will happen?

As also first reported on WWE's new Mobile Alert system, Mr. McMahon will make a huge announcement tonight on RAW. What will it be?

Mick Foley will return to Raw tonight as the guest in "The Cutting Edge" segment.

It is very possible that this may be the start the ECW hype.

Geeeeee... think they push that stupid ass new "mobile system" alert enough?

i didnt notice that masters was supposed to kick out.. if i remember correctly carlito put his feet on the ropes and it ended quite normal...

[quote name='mykevermin']I meant no malice with my post. I was just commenting on his "aw, shucks, guys" approach to people taking issue with his bitching.

Look, we're all bitches here. No one is superior or inferior. Okay, well, perhaps VanillaGorilla is incredible enough to take a pretentiously obnoxious approach to something as proletarian as professional wrestling, so I'd say many of us are better than that. So that's something, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha. It just came off as a little vicious, that's all.

[quote name='evanft']No offense, but what the fuck? I mean, was that post really necessary? DemoMan was obviously not very serious, but you decided to jump down his throat and go on some irrelevant rant (which, oddly enough, you somewhat criticize Demo for doing, or at least, in your mind, possibly doing) that serves no purpose other than to take up bandwith.[/QUOTE]

Thanks evanfit. I might not have the best grammer in the world. I will admit to that. But for christ sakes this is not a grammer contest. Its just a freakin message board where we sound off on things. And hell while I might write lengthy posts at times well hell I wouldn't be posting them if I wasn't having FUN discussing things I enjoy.

And yes while I might be a TNA fanboy trust me... I'm not fully happy with out of all people Lex Luger (the bastard who murdered Elizabeth) working for the company in ANY way at all. Honestly as of lately even I'm getting sick of the whole has beens TNA has been dragging in. Yet I still have faith that soon enough this will be done and over with. Maybe someone at TNA's offices should look into the ratings from their first Thursday Night Impact a little more and realize that indeed the True Face Of TNA In 2006 is the likes of Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels given that their match netted a slightly higher rating than the joke "main event" between Sting and Eric Young.

Oh well... things can be worse. Like watching a 60 some year old man act delusional about God being in the ring. Then again after the many dumb things we have seen out of the WWE over the past few years including Katie Vick, the whole Dawn Marie/Al Wilson angle, Billy/Chuck, Heidenreich, the senseless explotation of Eddie after his death.... suddenly I realize Vince's latest stupidity is not quite so bad. If anything this certainly is just another entry for Wrestlecrap.

(Okay... I take back the Dawn Marie/Al Wilson angle... that was so bad it was too funny to take even remotely seriously)

[quote name='mykevermin']I meant no malice with my post. I was just commenting on his "aw, shucks, guys" approach to people taking issue with his bitching.

Look, we're all bitches here. No one is superior or inferior. Okay, well, perhaps VanillaGorilla is incredible enough to take a pretentiously obnoxious approach to something as proletarian as professional wrestling, so I'd say many of us are better than that. So that's something, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Sorry if I sometimes come across like a drunken ranter, and I certainly never said I was superior to anyone around here. If anything I feel actually interior but then again I have every right to that I suppose.

Anyways on a more brighter note... glad to see WWE working out deals with folks for their ECW brand. This is only making me more confident that perhaps this can be pulled off correctly. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']Thanks evanfit. I might not have the best grammer in the world. I will admit to that. But for christ sakes this is not a grammer contest. Its just a freakin message board where we sound off on things. And hell while I might write lengthy posts at times well hell I wouldn't be posting them if I wasn't having FUN discussing things I enjoy.

[/quote]

Your grammar isn't in slidecage territory yet. :lol:

None of us are perfect when it comes to grammar. As long as you use punctuation to end sentences and use capitalization to begin them then it's all good to me.

That would make a funny little gimmick with Cena though. HHH can revert a bit to his snob persona as Hunter Heart Helmsley and correct Cena's slang. :lol:

[quote name='guyver2077']was it comfirmed that luger did infact murder elizabeth??[/QUOTE]

No. I just feel he could of helped in preventing it by helping her with her (alleged) drug problems. That is why I feel he is guilty of her death since he could of done something.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That would make a funny little gimmick with Cena though. HHH can revert a bit to his snob persona as Hunter Heart Helmsley and correct Cena's slang. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That would be funny to watch.

Cena: Yo yo yo wuz up my homiez!
HHH: What... that is not even English. What is a homiez?

Play it out from here CAG. :lol:

the dx chops are just obvious now and they love teasing the fans...

I dont know why they started doing that as theres no chance hbk and hhh would team up again..

[quote name='Demolition Man']
And yes while I might be a TNA fanboy trust me... I'm not fully happy with out of all people Lex Luger (the bastard who murdered Elizabeth) working for the company in ANY way at all. Honestly as of lately even I'm getting sick of the whole has beens TNA has been dragging in. Yet I still have faith that soon enough this will be done and over with. Maybe someone at TNA's offices should look into the ratings from their first Thursday Night Impact a little more and realize that indeed the True Face Of TNA In 2006 is the likes of Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels given that their match netted a slightly higher rating than the joke "main event" between Sting and Eric Young.
[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see that we agree on this. I have resolved to stick with TNA through the Buff and Lex storyline in hopes that things will get better. Was it just me or did Lex look like a homeless person going to a job interview on Impact last week?

In any event, it beats the alternative of watching Vince crow on Raw about how he beat "God" last night. How was God represented in the match anyway? Was it through pyro or was it basically a handicap match for Michaels?

Well, it certainly isn't "Rock Box," "Run's House," "Walk This Way," "Jam Master Jay," or hell, anything else they put out.

Shamefully enough, though I like DMC, both he and Reverend Run put out solo albums over the past six months. I really respect DMC, and I think the song he did featuring Sarah McLachlan is very emotional, but it's *crystal fucking clear* that Run had the talent and the know-how. And probably Jay as well. Then again, I'm a sucker for nostalgia, and Run's EP sounds like it could have been recorded in 1986.

WWF Aggression was a joke. Not because it's hip-hop, but hip-hop songs about pro wrestlers? Uh-uh. Next thing you know, they'll start filming movies with wrestlers and feature their wrestling monikers on the marquee. Woe be that day. :roll:

In the news front, WWE.com sez that Trish will be out for six weeks or so. In other words, the women's division is now, quite literally, the woman's division until summertime. Sumbitch. Sorry to those of you who found this to be the one awesome storyline on Raw recently. There will be a special segment written where the Trish/Mickie storyline segment was scheduled to be on tonight's Raw. It will feature Vince shitting on a crucifix and then stuffing his fist up Candace Michelle's ass, while a choir composed of the Spirit Squad serenades the lovebirds.

Which, we all know, will be vastly more entertaining than an Umaga match.

(Pardon my noxious visuals earlier; I just saw a trailer for a GG Allin documentary yesterday).

[quote name='Scorch']See? That's what I meant up there. Myke rants about pretty much nothing. We're used to it by now.[/QUOTE]

Let me tell you something...

I suppose I am the "crazy old granpa who talks to himself while sitting in the rocking chair on the porch" of the wrestling thread.

Someone's gotta, I suppose.

[quote name='mykevermin']Let me tell you something...

I suppose I am the "crazy old granpa who talks to himself while sitting in the rocking chair on the porch" of the wrestling thread.

Someone's gotta, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case you should end every post with: "Damn Hippies!"

[quote name='mykevermin']
WWF Aggression was a joke. Not because it's hip-hop, but hip-hop songs about pro wrestlers? Uh-uh. Next thing you know, they'll start filming movies with wrestlers and feature their wrestling monikers on the marquee. Woe be that day. :roll:

[/quote]

In the context that these are wrestling themes, that's part of why Run-DMC's version was one of the only songs that worked on the album (Godfather's theme being the other since hip-hop really fits it). Run-DMC's style leans quite a bit to rock and not just "typical" hip-hop. They didn't alter the original DX theme nearly as much as the other guys did to the other themes. I actually have that damn tape somewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004HYGX/ref=sr_11_1/103-8352303-1250200?%5Fencoding=UTF8

The rest sucked though.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I didn't watch tna luger and buff are back????? WCW is back[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Luger didn't even look happy to be there. At least Buff acted like he was excited and tried to put on a show.

[quote name='evophile']Yeah, Luger didn't even look happy to be there. At least Buff acted like he was excited and tried to put on a show.[/quote]

It would be pretty cool if they elaborated on Luger being a felon (and that is a shoot) and had a few "Self-Destruction of Lex Luger" mini-documentaries talking about his life and maybe eventually leading to Luger killing himself? That would be sweet...

I think Lex Luger should just shave his head bald and start a feud with the self-proclaimed "Suntan Super Man," Ron "The Truth" Killings.

Damn I don't watch for one night. Anyways I figured lex would go didn't thinkm ole buff would though. I think its wolf pac coming back. Lex sting nash konnan and hell through in buff. The only thing I would like to see some of the new school kids. Its turing into wcw ( which I think was better then wwe) but they shouldn't be the main events maybe openers and mid cards. Let some new talent rise. I would like to see ddp come back though

[quote name='evophile']Yeah, Luger didn't even look happy to be there. At least Buff acted like he was excited and tried to put on a show.[/quote]

I guess Buff is still the stuff.

Hilarious avatar you have BTW.:lol:

I said it before and I will say it again, Mickie James DDT is the best finisher in the WWE. The Snake said the DDT was the end and her's definately fits the bill.

[quote name='PhrostByte']That Kane/Conway match was pretty funny... heh[/QUOTE]
I definitely liked the vintage Michaels that we got a peek of tonight!

ECDUB! ECDUB! ECDUB!

Who would have thought the second hardcore revolution would be ushered in by an announcer...

Joey is off the fucking hook tonight. Loving it

edit: now that it is over with I kind of feel pissed off. If WWE creative knows the problems with the product, fuckING FIX THEM!

[quote name='niceguyshawne']I know that was a work but that was awesome.[/quote]

Yep.

He gets bonus points for saying he's sick of Vince's semen. I think we all are. :lol:

I just thought that we would get an ECW guy coming out to kick King's ass. What we actually got was so much better. I kind of have hope for ECW now.

King is coming across as kind of a bitch though with all of his going back to the gutter talk.

I don't get Vince sometimes... First he knows his product is crap. Then he goes on air and uses Joey as the medium to voice how crappy it is. Now he's going to resurrect a former rival company to "compete" with WWE? I realize he's going to make money off of it... but I don't see how shitting all over his current product helps? Then again... I bet the new ECW will be just as crappy as WWE is now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back