ChromeHounds - Gen. Discussion & Info

this is like one of those early xbox games...there's a drought so everyone gets excited over every new release. in 2 years it'll be going for .99 in the bargain bin and still won't move copies.

[quote name='Apossum']this is like one of those early xbox games...there's a drought so everyone gets excited over every new release. in 2 years it'll be going for .99 in the bargain bin and still won't move copies.[/QUOTE]

And that's actually an accurate statement. Chromehounds just screams bargain bin. The game had potential, but the recent gameplay videos were more than enough to persuade me that this isn't worth playing let alone paying money for.

Still hoping that Dead Rising or Enchant Arms turn out well...

[quote name='Chacrana']And that's actually an accurate statement. Chromehounds just screams bargain bin. The game had potential, but the recent gameplay videos were more than enough to persuade me that this isn't worth playing let alone paying money for.

Still hoping that Dead Rising or Enchant Arms turn out well...[/QUOTE]

call me jaded, but i bet both of those are mediocre as well. Dead Rising will be awesome for a day or two, then it'll get repetitive. Enchant arms will be about a boy in a village and his loli girlfriend and the dark portal will open and the world will be at stake and blah blah blah blah blah :lol:

Look, over there.

Watch out.

The mech is coming.

It is coming towards us.

Here it comes.

Quick, not much time to get out of harm's way.

Now less time.

Now less.

Now less.

Now less.

Now less.

It's very close now.

Let's get out of here.

We must move at once.

Now.

Hurry.

Quic-AUAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I played the first mission, and I wasn't paying attention, and spent like 10 minutes walking to the northeast corner of the map. Then, when I got to the corner, the girl goes "What are you doing, the enemy is to the North West" or something like that, and thats when I said screw it

[quote name='moojuice']I played the first mission, and I wasn't paying attention, and spent like 10 minutes walking to the northeast corner of the map. Then, when I got to the corner, the girl goes "What are you doing, the enemy is to the North West" or something like that, and thats when I said screw it[/quote]

:rofl:

After playing for a couple more times, I'm leaning towards no. I still want to see how it plays on live though.

I only played for a few minutes, but I thought it seemed like a quality title. I'm still not sure why they didn't just put a regular crosshair on screen like Mech Assault. In an attempt to differentiate themselves from other mech games, they shouldn't remove gameplay mechanics that actually work.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Since I'm cancelling my preorder at GR for Prey, I might pick this up instead.

Who else will be picking Chromehounds up?[/QUOTE]

it should hopefully be in by the weekend for me.

6.9 from IGN. Passing on this one. I know IGN isn't the best source, but I'm guessing that it'll get similar ratings from most other critics.

Ive been playing it for the last 4 or 5 hours and i gotta say its great, already one of three factions has been eliminated and there is some heated battles for land going on.

ok a little after 4 and I just stopped playing (i started around 9). This game is great online. I havent even touched the single player yet.

[quote name='guessed']$51. Insurance is required.[/QUOTE]

Still a hell of a lot cheaper than the one HUUUUUUURRRRRRR linked to.

[quote name='fieldkillah']So is anyone else enjoying this game, or even have the game yet?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up yesterday but have not given it a try yet. I am going to be all over the place this weekend so I'm not sure if I am even going to play it until next week.

Plus I just started Lord of the Rings and the Outfit and Prey should be at my house when I get home from work.

I need more time!

Anyway I'd love to play sometime next week. Send an invite sometime.

GameSpot Review is up:

The Good:
Inventive persistent campaign draws you into online team-based competition; deep, well-designed mech-building system is a lot of fun to play around with; distinctive mech designs and impressive presentation during battles; lots of gameplay variety and replay value during online play.

The Bad:
Single-player portion of the game is undercooked and relatively disappointing; interface for online play could have been much more streamlined in spots.

I kinda want to check it out, now...

[quote name='Brak']GameSpot Review is up:

The Good:
Inventive persistent campaign draws you into online team-based competition; deep, well-designed mech-building system is a lot of fun to play around with; distinctive mech designs and impressive presentation during battles; lots of gameplay variety and replay value during online play.

The Bad:
Single-player portion of the game is undercooked and relatively disappointing; interface for online play could have been much more streamlined in spots.

I kinda want to check it out, now...[/QUOTE]

I saw it at Target today and I was a little tempted because of all the raving about the online.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I saw it at Target today and I was a little tempted because of all the raving about the online.[/QUOTE]
I kinda want to nap one on eBay within the next couple of weeks, when someone realizes they don't want it. Might be able to acquire it for $45 - $50.

[quote name='TC']Its on the way from Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Same here (along with NCAA). I heard this game was going to be garbage, but apparently more people than I thought are enjoying it. I guess there's no risk just having Gamefly ship it to me. If I dont like it, its going back.

Too bad you can use the Steel Battlion controller :(

This game is awesome, the demo didnt do it justice. After going through the training, the game gets better. I still dont have enough parts to make my own mech yet, been using the "borrowed" ones. I'm on the first section of the game, does anyone know if finishing missions at certain ranks gives you more mech parts?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']This game is awesome, the demo didnt do it justice. After going through the training, the game gets better. I still dont have enough parts to make my own mech yet, been using the "borrowed" ones. I'm on the first section of the game, does anyone know if finishing missions at certain ranks gives you more mech parts?[/QUOTE]
you get basic parts for finishing with as A ranking. You are supposed to get more and better parts for finishing with an S ranking. I've only finished a couple of missions total most were with an A and only one was with an S ranking. After getting the S ranking I got a weapon.

[quote name='Santurio']you get basic parts for finishing with as A ranking. You are supposed to get more and better parts for finishing with an S ranking. I've only finished a couple of missions total most were with an A and only one was with an S ranking. After getting the S ranking I got a weapon.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't sure what was better A or S. I guess I could have read the manual, but I hardly ever check them out. I'll try to redo my A missions.

I guess this is definetly a multiplayer game only. The demo was awfuly slow moving. Here's lookin forward to mechassault 3

After reading all the positive user reviews over the weekend, I ended up picking this up yesterday. Gonne give it a try later on today. Maybe a CAG squad can get going once we get som mechs built up?

Haven't tried multiplayer but I did log on. It seems like a virtual world with an ongoing war. Theres a map with battles, it asks you to chose a side and then you join battles. It gives you a percentage of who winning the war. It seems pretty sweet. I'll have to check it out some time soon. Kinda want to finish the missions first. They do let you borrow mechs which is cool though. Love this game, the demo did not do it justice. Any mech fan should own this.

I actually had some more time with the game last night and I really like it. It can get really deep but yet stay very playable. I have only finished the soldier missions and yes it can get a little boring, but then I went online. A friend and I started a Squad and played a few Squad Missions and bought some parts forour HOUNDs. At that point I really loved the game.

Then we tried a mission on the actual Neroimus War and that shit was pretty hard. It didn't help that we didn't know what the hell we were doing at all. We both blew up, but the shit that hurt was that it cost me most of my money to repair my HOUND.

I still really like though and plan on getting on some more. If anybody wants to join the squad and play a few missions please do. We need members.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Haven't tried multiplayer but I did log on. It seems like a virtual world with an ongoing war. Theres a map with battles, it asks you to chose a side and then you join battles. It gives you a percentage of who winning the war. It seems pretty sweet. I'll have to check it out some time soon. Kinda want to finish the missions first. They do let you borrow mechs which is cool though. Love this game, the demo did not do it justice. Any mech fan should own this.[/QUOTE]
I saw you on last night for a while and was going to invite you to play but I noticed you were playing the SP. If you want to try MP let me know, we could use you.

[quote name='Santurio']I actually had some more time with the game last night and I really like it. It can get really deep but yet stay very playable. I have only finished the soldier missions and yes it can get a little boring, but then I went online. A friend and I started a Squad and played a few Squad Missions and bought some parts forour HOUNDs. At that point I really loved the game.

Then we tried a mission on the actual Neroimus War and that shit was pretty hard. It didn't help that we didn't know what the hell we were doing at all. We both blew up, but the shit that hurt was that it cost me most of my money to repair my HOUND.

I still really like though and plan on getting on some more. If anybody wants to join the squad and play a few missions please do. We need members.[/quote]

If I see you on, I'll join. I'm usually available on Mondays and late night throughout the week pacific time.

bread's done
Back