ChromeHounds - Gen. Discussion & Info

Updated OP with achievement info:

http://xbox360achievements.org/content/view/257

DLC CONTENT IS UP:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/chromehounds/contentdownload.htm

SEGA® and FromSoftware are offering the pack free of charge as a "thank you" to loyal 'hound pilots around the world. The content pack contains three new Chromehound parts and a new color scheme.
ilmchromehoundsfreecontent001.jpg

Light Arms
Use this sniper cannon for fast, furious engagements. It features a smaller magazine to reduce weight.
ilmchromehoundsfreecontent002.jpg

Heavy Arms
This is an improved HC1500/D, a giant cannon with massive destructive power.
ilmchromehoundsfreecontent003.jpg

Assist Part
This additional armor has an enhanced KE defensive profile, shaped to better turn bullets.

I will most likely be on tonight again if anybody wants to join. The name of my squad is Hostile. It is on the American Region and English language. I don't know how hard it is to find in the listing but sign up and we can use you. If you have any questions please just let me know and I'll see what other info I can pass on.

Curious, is online like one massive battlefield where countries fight countries, or do you participate in small user vs. user battles for land?

[quote name='Santurio']I will most likely be on tonight again if anybody wants to join. The name of my squad is Hostile. It is on the American Region and English language. I don't know how hard it is to find in the listing but sign up and we can use you. If you have any questions please just let me know and I'll see what other info I can pass on.[/quote]

Since you've been playing a lot, maybe you can help me.

1. How can I join your squad?--There's no search option that I could find.
  2. Does free play & missions effect the outcome of the "war"?
  3. Anyway to skip the messages in the beggining?
  4. Downloaded the free parts but can't find them.
Thanks.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Since you've been playing a lot, maybe you can help me.

1. How can I join your squad?--There's no search option that I could find.
  2. Does free play & missions effect the outcome of the "war"?
  3. Anyway to skip the messages in the beggining?
  4. Downloaded the free parts but can't find them.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

To join the squad you just into the online menus and click the first icon that looks like 3 stick figures. It will show options to create a squad, join a squad, pick a nation to fight for and some others. Go into the join a squad and search for Hostile. I haven't actually searched for it myself so I don't know how easy or difficult it is but my friend didn't have a problem finding it.

No, freeplay or any mission not in the Neroimus War does not affect the outcome. You just build up money, very slowly, playing the missions and practice with your HOUND. There is also no penalty for expenses or blowing up your HOUND. In the actual war, you get an expense bill/report after every mission and if you happen to lose your HOUND your bill can be pretty expensive. You get way better payoffs though, when you actually complete a mission in the war. So to build up money fast you have to play the war missions. To be honest, I haven't actually played against any other human players yet. My friend and I have been playing the AI in the war missions to finish fast and build up some cash to buy better weapons and parts.

If you mean those "So & So donated X amount of $" messages I just keep pressing A. It skips them pretty fast.

I had forgotten all about the free DL content. I'll have to DL it today. I do know that it will only be usable in MP modes though. So it is really mostly for your Live Hound. I don't think you can use the parts on the SP HOUND.

[quote name='moojuice']Curious, is online like one massive battlefield where countries fight countries, or do you participate in small user vs. user battles for land?[/QUOTE]
It is a large scale continuous War. It has 3 different Nations trying to take over. There are several different regions that have several smaller battlefields with HQ's. You have to fight on the smaller battlefields to gain power for your nation and slowly overpower that region. You build your nations influence as you win missions and as you gain more power you have more allies that deploy and protect your HQ.

You will be playing the same missions over and over but it won't be exactly the same everytime. Right now there is just 2 members in my squad but would love others to join. Once we get some more members and build up decent hounds I would love to fight against other squads in the FreeBattle mode. I haven't tried it but I think they have DM modes and CTF type of modes as well.

I might be interested in playing in a squad. I just got the game and have not yet tried it out at all. After I get some practice in single player I let you guys know if I up so some online action.

[quote name='flybrione']I might be interested in playing in a squad. I just got the game and have not yet tried it out at all. After I get some practice in single player I let you guys know if I up so some online action.[/QUOTE]
That sounds good. If you want to join us we'd be happy to have you.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Santurio, how many people do you guys have in the squad so far? Are you the creator of the squad?[/QUOTE]
yeah I started it. It's only Maximo1324 and me right now.

OK can't join still. I guess its because I might be on a different Nation than you guys. What Nation are you guys on?

Also would it be ok with you Santurio if I change the title thread to reflect the clan? Hopefully this way we can recruit some more members, or you can start a thread or whatever. Let me know.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']OK can't join still. I guess its because I might be on a different Nation than you guys. What Nation are you guys on?

Also would it be ok with you Santurio if I change the title thread to reflect the clan? Hopefully this way we can recruit some more members, or you can start a thread or whatever. Let me know.[/QUOTE]
yea that's fine on the title.

I know it lets you send and application but the members have to accept it.

[quote name='Santurio']yea that's fine on the title.

I know it lets you send and application but the members have to accept it.[/QUOTE]
I seems we figured a few things out. You have to join the right nation to join the squad. Once you choose a nation you can't change again for either 2 weeks or until that current war is over.

There is no invite to squad feature so you have to search for the squad by name and zone.

It seems we had some bad communication on my part and now Linkin is stuck on his own for the duration of this war, which will probably only be a couple of days.

I tried to leave the squad, change nations and start a new squad w/ Linkin but it wouldn't let me. So, now I had to start a new squad.

Info:

Allegiance: Morskoj
Squad name: HOSTILE CAG
Zone: Pro Zone
Language: English
Region: America
Passcode: No

I'm waiting for GameCrazy to get a copy in, which is where I have all of my store credit.

I hope the multiplayer is fun.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Update OP with the new info and changed thread title, hopefully more CAG's will join.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update to the OP and I hope we can get the squad together soon.

I am on the fence about this game. I haven ever been into giant mech games, but I love blowing shit up. Not being able to tell your teammates apart is kind of something that puts me off by this game. I could read through all 7 pages and probably will, but I would like updated opinions and advice on this game.

[quote name='Kendal']I am on the fence about this game. I haven ever been into giant mech games, but I love blowing shit up. Not being able to tell your teammates apart is kind of something that puts me off by this game. I could read through all 7 pages and probably will, but I would like updated opinions and advice on this game.[/quote]

I never been into mech games either, hated both Mech Assaults. This game though its slower, its very fun. Just start up your custom soundtrack and start kicking ass. The demo is not at all a full representation of the game, it gives you an Idea but doesnt even come close to how good and underatted the game is. I suggest you atleast rent it to get the full feel for it. The online mode alone is worth its purchase, the whole virtual war "what side are you on" thing kicks ass!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I never been into mech games either, hated both Mech Assaults. This game though its slower, its very fun. Just start up your custom soundtrack and start kicking ass. The demo is not at all a full representation of the game, it gives you an Idea but doesnt even come close to how good and underatted the game is. I suggest you atleast rent it to get the full feel for it. The online mode alone is worth its purchase, the whole virtual war "what side are you on" thing kicks ass![/QUOTE]
yeah, I didn't care for either MechAssault game. But I really am addicted to this game. There is just so much to do at any time. This is even from just playing the war missions against the AI not actual human players. Building up money, buying new weapons, breaking your HOUND down and creating a new one. I won't say it's perfect, it's far from it, but it is thouroghly entertaining and borderline addicting!! It does have to be played online. If you buy it just to play the SP then you will be missing out and won't get the total effect.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yesterday's war just ended. I couldnt switch alligiences, still getting the "wait 2 weeks" BS :bomb:

See you guys in 2 weeks I guess.:wall:[/QUOTE]
So you are still with Tarakia??

I guess I will change the Squad over to Tarakia so Linkin can join. If anybody is planning on joining the Squad tonight they should join Tarakia.

[quote name='Santurio']So you are still with Tarakia??

I guess I will change the Squad over to Tarakia so Linkin can join. If anybody is planning on joining the Squad tonight they should join Tarakia.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm still Tarakai. If you can change it let me know. I'll update OP.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah, I'm still Tarakai. If you can change it let me know. I'll update OP.[/QUOTE]
It's changed.
New nation is Tarakia.

Alright, just picked this one up...sofar, I'm VERY impressed. It seems like they went for more "sim" than "arcade" which is a breathe of fresh air (for me).

Anyways, I'm just gonna do a few training missions before I "report for duty"...don't hesitate to invite me if you guys see me online.

Ok, just tried to join the clan and I'm getting the "no squads meeting those conditions were found" message. I entered all caps and everything. Can anyone help?

[quote name='toper']Ok, just tried to join the clan and I'm getting the "no squads meeting those conditions were found" message. I entered all caps and everything. Can anyone help?[/quote]

Ditto.

My thoughts on this now is that a member of the squad has to be online at the same time for us to apply. I'll try next time I see Santurio or Maximo

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ditto.

My thoughts on this now is that a member of the squad has to be online at the same time for us to apply. I'll try next time I see Santurio or Maximo[/QUOTE]
that may be true.

Set up a time and we can give it a try.

fun games guys. For some reason the enemy HOUNDS seem to be getting harder. Hopefully we can arrange another time and date so we can charge in with the 4 man squad again soon.

I'll be on again today but not as late.

Yeah, that was alot of fun last nite...I might be on later tonite, not sure (got a family party I gotta goto).

Anyways, if anyone else is reading and is on the fence with this title, GO GET IT NOW! The gaming sites totally missed the boat on this one...it is very addictive, there's alot to do (re: the online war), and has sooo much customability/replayability.

I was REALLY looking forward to NCAA, but this one has taken up my time and put NCAA on the back burner. If you're into mech games (more sim than arcade), then this title is a no brainer.

I'd like to join too. I just finished the single player campaign and I am looking to get into the multiplayer somewhat. I joined Tarakia but I can't seem to find HOSTILE CAG in searches. Does a member need to be online for me to find it?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I might pick this up later, does not having crosshairs impact things much?[/quote]
You know you can zoom in and get the crosshairs, right? Also, if you can see it well enough, the crosshairs appear in the top right window.

bread's done
Back