ChromeHounds - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Maximo1324']I hear ya on that. I wouldnt mind that thing tying to destroy the cristmas tree.LOL[/quote]

Hey, the Chrismas tree rules. When you switched to the blue and yellow guy yesterday, we got worked. Bring back Chrismas :D

[quote name='Brak']This game could use a pause menu...[/quote]

It pauses, there's just no menus. If you need to exit hold the back button and your Hound will self distruct.

[quote name='Maximo1324']yeah there is some of our AI there. Thell shoot the enemy as they come in. I have played in about a handfull of matchs with actuall people. Nedless to say they got owned. It was pretty cool. But yes you capture the HQ well destry it, or you can fight all of the bosses on that level.[/QUOTE]

So does the AI on our side have the same color as our squad?
Because I think I might have been shooting our own team last night.

I just do not want to mess anything up for the team.

It was nice having you join last night Flybrione.

The main objective of the War missions is to destroy the Enemy HQ. The 2nd way of completing the missions is to eliminate all the Enemy hounds. There is always 1 enemy HOUND for every squad member that deploys. So if we have a 5 man squad then there will be 5 enemy HOUNDS to destroy along with whatever other weapons they have, Quad-Leg Spider, 2 leg machine gunners, turrets, tanks , human soldiers. You have to capture COMBAS towers to be able to communicate with the other squadmates. If you wander into the dark area of the map then you will not have any communication abilities until you capture another Combas, get back in range or a Commander gets within your range.

There flags on the map which indicates what country has the majority control of that each region. Regions break down into 3 or 4 battlefields which inturn have individual flags. All nations have a military presence on any battle field but how big is determined by how much control each nation has over that particular battlefield. Every battlefield has color bars that show the total capture points needed to overpower the area and how much each nation has at the point of deployment. Red is for Morskoj, Blue is for Tarakia and Yellow is for Sal Kar. When you enter an area that your country has no power in then you will little to no additional help other than your squad but will encounter a heavy enemy presence. now when you have some to major control of an area you will have several human troops, turrets , bi-peds, that will assist you in defending your HQ.

I hope that helps out and if I may have left something out or wrong please let me know.

[quote name='Maximo1324']you get used to it you can tell. Usually the other guys are not green, I think thats what i noticed.[/quote]

Our AI has green with light green camo. They usually stick by our home base. We also have some turrets as well. AI may not be the best, but they do help.

And flybrione, you'll get the hang of it, I was lost at first too. All you got to do is search for the nearby COMBAs so that we can remain in contact with our teamates while at the same time, look for their base and take it down or take down all enemies to win. If time runs out and the bases or enemies aren't destroyed, the team with the most COMBAs wins the match. Hope this helps, and if you have any more questions ask away.

Is it time to go home yet...? I want to play too!

EDIT: Beat me to it, I had the window up and was typing away for a while before I saved...

Well I got the game, won a match earlier when I was standing next to an enemy and blow up their base and I don't think they knew I was there and they were just messing around. I'll be online later looking for you guys.

How come when I was searching squads earlier everyone was from Japan?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Well I got the game, won a match earlier when I was standing next to an enemy and blow up their base and I don't think they knew I was there and they were just messing around. I'll be online later looking for you guys.

How come when I was searching squads earlier everyone was from Japan?[/quote]

Not sure, I get the same thing, thought it was just me. HOSTILE CAG won't be listed until one of us is online. See ya tonight!

I keep missing you guys since I'm usually sleeping when you are online (I start work at 2:30am). But I've got 3 weeks vacation starting next week so I should be able to catch you soon.

Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. I will work on a little single player tonight to get some more part and reconfigure my hound later this evening when I get home from work.

So far I really like the game and online is going to be great once I get my hound configured and I get the hang of what I should be doing to help the team.

[quote name='flybrione']Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. I will work on a little single player tonight to get some more part and reconfigure my hound later this evening when I get home from work.

So far I really like the game and online is going to be great once I get my hound configured and I get the hang of what I should be doing to help the team.[/quote]

Forgot to mention. On SP, try to get "S" rankings, you get more parts this way.

Well now it seems we having a growing squad. Now we can almost surely have a 6 man squad on any given day. We may have to deploy in smaller groups to accomodate for the new members coming soon. But that won't be necessary until we have more than 6 people on at one time.

We do have to agree on how we will give every one a chance at the lottery parts though. When the squad was started, it only gave us 1 chance at an experimental part or a captured part per day for the entire squad. Now that a couple of us have leveled up, have played for awhile or just had more members join it gives us 2 opportunities per day per squad. I don't know if that number will get bigger or not but I hope so. Up until now it has pretty much been Maximo and me switching off days until Linkin and Toper joined and it has been first come first serve. Now with more members and in order to make it fair, we need to come up with a plan.

I propose we give both daily lottery picks to one squadmate per day so they have a decent chance of actually winning something. Then we move on to the next member and so on. We can set a members list and just keep rotating everyday. If you guys have a better idea please let me know.

[quote name='Maximo1324']you get used to it you can tell. Usually the other guys are not green, I think thats what i noticed.[/QUOTE]

Also, the AI "army" tends to shoot at you right when you see them. :)

[quote name='Santurio']
I propose we give both daily lottery picks to one squadmate per day so they have a decent chance of actually winning something. Then we move on to the next member and so on. We can set a members list and just keep rotating everyday. If you guys have a better idea please let me know.[/QUOTE]

That sound like a good idea. Has anyone even sniffed winning anything from the lotto? Maybe when we join one of the "less popular" countries (the jamaicans?) we'll have a better chance of winning?

[quote name='Santurio']I propose we give both daily lottery picks to one squadmate per day so they have a decent chance of actually winning something. Then we move on to the next member and so on. We can set a members list and just keep rotating everyday. If you guys have a better idea please let me know.[/QUOTE]

That is a good idea, Santurio. Now if everyone agrees on it, we should start organizing who gets what days as soon as possible.

[quote name='Santurio']Well now it seems we having a growing squad. Now we can almost surely have a 6 man squad on any given day. We may have to deploy in smaller groups to accomodate for the new members coming soon. But that won't be necessary until we have more than 6 people on at one time.

We do have to agree on how we will give every one a chance at the lottery parts though. When the squad was started, it only gave us 1 chance at an experimental part or a captured part per day for the entire squad. Now that a couple of us have leveled up, have played for awhile or just had more members join it gives us 2 opportunities per day per squad. I don't know if that number will get bigger or not but I hope so. Up until now it has pretty much been Maximo and me switching off days until Linkin and Toper joined and it has been first come first serve. Now with more members and in order to make it fair, we need to come up with a plan.

I propose we give both daily lottery picks to one squadmate per day so they have a decent chance of actually winning something. Then we move on to the next member and so on. We can set a members list and just keep rotating everyday. If you guys have a better idea please let me know.[/quote]

Whoa, I never knew thats how the lottery worked. I thought it was X number of entrants for the entire game. I've entered 2 times so far and got unlucky. So does that mean that 1 member per squad automatically wins?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Whoa, I never knew thats how the lottery worked. I thought it was X number of entrants for the entire game. I've entered 2 times so far and got unlucky. So does that mean that 1 member per squad automatically wins?[/QUOTE]
No you only get 2 chances per day for the entire squad. I don't know exactly how they choose winners but it depends on how many squads choose that specific part, I believe. So if you spend both chances for that day the rest of the squad can't enter the lottery at all, it will say the daily limit has been reached. If you check the requested parts option under shop it will show you who entered and what part they picked.

I don't know if anybody has tried to use the chances for today, if not wait until we decide who's turn it is. I don't know if Swift has had a shot at anything. Have you swift? I know Maximo, Linkin, Toper and myself have had a shot or two so I would say it would be Swift's shot. Now if he has then we move on to the next member that entered, which would be Flybrione. Then we have a few in wait to enter like Crowbb, Elrod and Brak. I guess they will go into rotation as soon as they join up.

We can either give both shots to one member or break members into groups of two and give each one chance. It's up to you guys. JLMK

I won't be able to get on tonite until around 10-11pm PST...If anyone in the squad is still on (or if you just got the game and you want to join us), look for me around that time.

[quote name='Santurio']No you only get 2 chances per day for the entire squad. I don't know exactly how they choose winners but it depends on how many squads choose that specific part, I believe. So if you spend both chances for that day the rest of the squad can't enter the lottery at all, it will say the daily limit has been reached. If you check the requested parts option under shop it will show you who entered and what part they picked.

I don't know if anybody has tried to use the chances for today, if not wait until we decide who's turn it is. I don't know if Swift has had a shot at anything. Have you swift? I know Maximo, Linkin, Toper and myself have had a shot or two so I would say it would be Swift's shot. Now if he has then we move on to the next member that entered, which would be Flybrione. Then we have a few in wait to enter like Crowbb, Elrod and Brak. I guess they will go into rotation as soon as they join up.

Now we can give both shots to one member or break members into groups of two and give each one chance. It's up to you guys. JLMK[/QUOTE]
Im cool with taking turns.

Sorry Max, didn't mean to ditch you, it was purely accidental. By the time we noticed and came back, you were gone.

Topper Joined me a few minutes later and we kicked ass in 4 or 5 missions. Good times. See you guys tomorrow night. I might be on late around 10pm PST but I'll see if I can make it earlier.

I know i was ditched freaken ramo. I think he was just mad because I messed his hound up with the rockets and the blades. Thats alright. I was like screw the squad, ill start my own. Its gonna be cristmas time tonight.

[quote name='Maximo1324']I know i was ditched freaken ramo. I think he was just mad because I messed his hound up with the rockets and the blades. Thats alright. I was i screw the squad ill start my own. Its gonna be cristmas time tonight.[/QUOTE]
hahaha. we were both fucked up on that one.

[quote name='Santurio']hahaha. we were both fucked up on that one.[/quote]

Yeah, what the hell was that all about. I heard missles shooting behind me and then all of a sudden you guys turned on each other. Did X-Mass break a fuse? ;)

[quote name='kurrptsenate']hows the 1p mode of this game.

I really want to get it, but id have to take it to a friends to play online :([/quote]

If all you're going to be playing is SP, rent it. SP can be pretty short. Online mode alone sells this game. SP is mainly to train you on the different types of hounds and weapons to prepare you for the main war online.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sorry Max, didn't mean to ditch you, it was purely accidental. By the time we noticed and came back, you were gone.

Topper Joined me a few minutes later and we kicked ass in 4 or 5 missions. Good times. See you guys tomorrow night. I might be on late around 10pm PST but I'll see if I can make it earlier.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, LP, that was alot of fun last nite. I was surprised at how much fun 2vs2 was, waaay better than 1on1. Looking forward to possibly to a full squad tonite.

we had a few 4 on 4 matches with other squads ...................................and we got our asses handed to us. If you want to go against other squads you better take along some missles and rockets.

I just barely missed you guys yesterday. I did get a request to join out, but I think everyone logged on before it was accepted.

I'll be on tonight from about 10 EST on.

[quote name='Santurio']we had a few 4 on 4 matches with other squads ...................................and we got our asses handed to us. If you want to go against other squads you better take along some missles and rockets.[/QUOTE]

Well I then need to play some more single player because I do not have a lot of parts available to me.

I am going to try to complete the single player over the weekend if I have the time and be really ready to kick some arse next week.

The X is here join the revolution!

I should be online tonight but probably not until late night.

[quote name='flybrione']Well I then need to play some more single player because I do not have a lot of parts available to me.

I am going to try to complete the single player over the weekend if I have the time and be really ready to kick some arse next week.

I should be online tonight but probably not until late night.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget Flybrione, today is your chance at the lottery. Take 2 of the chances and try for something from the Experimental parts or Captured parts section of the shop.

For the third we can have a little lottery of our own. I have chosen a number from 1 to 100 and the squadmember that comes the closest will get the third shot. So if you happen to log-on today don't use either of the picks unless it happens to be Flybrione or the winner of the third pick. I am going to PM the winning number to flybrione to make it a little more legit and just to cover my ass if I don't happen to look back soon enough,

[quote name='Santurio']Don't forget Flybrione, today is your chance at the lottery. Take 2 of the chances and try for something from the Experimental parts or Captured parts section of the shop.

For the third we can have a little lottery of our own. I have chosen a number from 1 to 100 and the squadmember that comes the closest will get the third shot. So if you happen to log-on today don't use either of the picks unless it happens to be Flybrione or the winner of the third pick.[/QUOTE]

Cool I will do that later tonight! Thanks

[quote name='flybrione']Cool I will do that later tonight! Thanks[/QUOTE]
No problem. I sent you a PM with the winning number so don't cheat by giving it away!!:lol:

I also want to do a little experiment and find out if the parts we win become available in the shop for the rest of the squad. So, if anyone wins a part from these sections please make a note of it and list them here so I can see if they become available for everyone.

BigMes, I'm not sure about how much money multiplayer gives online, but I got most of my mech parts with the money that is provided at the start of the game. It seems to be quicker for getting parts than the single player.

[quote name='flybrione']Well I then need to play some more single player because I do not have a lot of parts available to me.

I should be online tonight but probably not until late night.[/quote]

BigMes you can get more money by playing through the online missions and you can practically buy everything after a while. I do understand the need to finish SP though, they do hook you up with basic parts and its great training tool for coming up with the best hound for you.

[quote name='Santurio']For the third we can have a little lottery of our own. I have chosen a number from 1 to 100 and the squadmember that comes the closest will get the third shot. So if you happen to log-on today don't use either of the picks unless it happens to be Flybrione or the winner of the third pick. I am going to PM the winning number to flybrione to make it a little more legit and just to cover my ass if I don't happen to look back soon enough,[/QUOTE]

I'll go with my lucky hound number, 90.

BTW, I'll be on tonight.

Lastly, I'll reiterate what Santurio said a couple posts up. If we hope to be successful in a battle against human opponents, we should all have a hound that is outfitted with rockets. It's kind of sad to say this, but after last night it appears that rockets utterly dominate any other weapon in hound vs. hound combat.

How are piles in hound vs. hound? I know they do crazy damage vs. bases but I have yet to try them against a person. Usually I build mine for speed though so I could probably get in close if they are able to 1 shot people.

guys you've got me interested in the game so much I'm renting it to see how it is. should i do the single player first then hop on online? this online war thing sounds pretty cool.

[quote name='tavarua88']guys you've got me interested in the game so much I'm renting it to see how it is. should i do the single player first then hop on online? this online war thing sounds pretty cool.[/quote]

I would definately suggest doing a few missions online atleast to get the controls down. Then hop online and build a mech, you start with $50,000 IIRC.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I would definately suggest doing a few missions online atleast to get the controls down. Then hop online and build a mech, you start with $50,000 IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Do you have to pay for stuff you've unlocked in the SP mode?

[quote name='crowbb']How are piles in hound vs. hound? I know they do crazy damage vs. bases but I have yet to try them against a person. Usually I build mine for speed though so I could probably get in close if they are able to 1 shot people.[/QUOTE]
Piles can do insane damage against enemy hq's, so I'd imagine the same would be true for against hounds... but 1 shot? eh.... Maybe if you have 4 stacked, but IMHO - you would never make it close enough to use it.

[quote name='WildWop']Do you have to pay for stuff you've unlocked in the SP mode?[/QUOTE]
Nope.

Toper, Swift and I played quite a bit. Toper and I ranked up to private. Sorry we lost you at some point Swift, but I guess it was best for you since it was almost 5am for you. Hope to see you guys again, tomorrow night, same time!

bread's done
Back