ChromeHounds - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Toper, Swift and I played quite a bit. Toper and I ranked up to private. Sorry we lost you at some point Swift, but I guess it was best for you since it was almost 5am for you. Hope to see you guys again, tomorrow night, same time![/QUOTE]

Yeah, the game froze up on me during a loading screen so I restarted my 360.... when I was dozing off before the Chromehounds title screen even appeared, I decided it was time to call it a night. Sorry for not informing you guys, but it looks like you figured out my disappearance on your own.

See you later tonight.

Has anyone done all of the missions with an S rank yet? I've done them all up to the last heavy gunner mission, all I can get in that is an A. Seems like its impossible to get an S. Anyone done it?

[quote name='dafoomie']Has anyone done all of the missions with an S rank yet? I've done them all up to the last heavy gunner mission, all I can get in that is an A. Seems like its impossible to get an S. Anyone done it?[/quote]

I'm barely done with Soldier (all S) and Sniper (need 2 S). When you finish the mission, the summary shows you secondary objectives, you must meet those objectives to get the S ranking.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm barely done with Soldier (all S) and Sniper (need 2 S). When you finish the mission, the summary shows you secondary objectives, you must meet those objectives to get the S ranking.[/QUOTE]
I know that... But in this mission, one of the objectives is fairly impossible (no allies die), one is automatic, and one is hard, but can be done (destroy all buildings) but takes forever, its a huge level.

Well it was nice to finally get in and play with you guys a bit. After that last mission it kept telling me you weren't in a mission so I figured I would give it a rest for the day.

I just did that mission I was asking about, it was surprisingly easy to get an S by just making a soldier mech and running the level that way.

I was trying to join up earlier tonight, but all I could see in my Squad searches were Japan region squads... any idea what was going on? It seemed to ignore me when I put in America as a region in my searches and continued to give me Japan.

I put in all the search criteria in the OP of this thread, but that returned no results for me. Ramo was on at the time, so it wasn't that there were no members online...

[quote name='WildWop']I was trying to join up earlier tonight, but all I could see in my Squad searches were Japan region squads... any idea what was going on? It seemed to ignore me when I put in America as a region in my searches and continued to give me Japan.

I put in all the search criteria in the OP of this thread, but that returned no results for me. Ramo was on at the time, so it wasn't that there were no members online...[/QUOTE]

Was Ramo playing chromehounds when you saw him? I think someone in the squad has to be in-game for the squad to show up in a search.

I suspect not only does someone have to be online, but not in a mission for it to let you find them. Because I was having the same problem for days where even if I saw some of the squad were online i couldn't find it in a search.

So I beat the single player, S in every mission, etc. I try a game online just to get a feel for it, thinking that the free mech they give you would be half decent... Geez. At least now I know that the shotgun and assault rifle are useless.

What kind of weapon combos do you guys like to use?

When I play Quick Matches, I get destroyed pretty easily... the opposition literally runs circles around me, and blasts me with automatic rifles. It seems as though they shoot me for, like, 5 seconds and I explode.

I'm trying to make a faster Hound, but it's still just as slow.

I should be on today sometime for anyone that wants to play and/or join the squad. I've been having net connection issues, but hopefully it holds up for awhile.

[quote name='toper']Was Ramo playing chromehounds when you saw him? I think someone in the squad has to be in-game for the squad to show up in a search.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Ramo was on in Chromehounds and in the lobby, not in a mission or anything like that.

[quote name='WildWop']Yeah, Ramo was on in Chromehounds and in the lobby, not in a mission or anything like that.[/quote]

If you see us online and have problems, send us a message, we'll try to help. Also the squad name is case sensitive. Its HOSTILE CAG

I was trying to help him through but he just wasn't finding it. We both exited out to the title menu and back in and nothing. I couldn't think of anythhing else since I was just sitting in the lobby.

Sorry guys, I haven't been on much in the last couple of days. I will be on tonight for a few hours between 9 and midnight Central.

How's this for the lotto:

Santurio - Ramo Z - Saturday
Swift900 - swift fix - Sunday
Maximo1324 - Monday

toper - Toper331 - Tuesday
flybrione - BigMes - Wednesday
LinkinPrime - Thursday
Ultimate Matt X - Friday

I picked the Sat-Mon based on the people that already took those days.

Works for me even though Wednesday is street fighter day!!!!!

Anyway I should be online tonight. I want to play a little more Prey and then I hop on and join the crew.

I was pretty pissed to jump online yesterday night and find out my lottery picks were taken. I was online all night and if there was going to be an issue somebody should have sent me a message. What time do I have to take the picks before they expire.

I jumped online at 12pm cst to take my picks and play a little and everything was spoken for.

[quote name='flybrione']I was pretty pissed to jump online yesterday night and find out my lottery picks were taken. I was online all night and if there was going to be an issue somebody should have sent me a message. What time do I have to take the picks before they expire.

I jumped online at 12pm cst to take my picks and play a little and everything was spoken for.[/quote]

That should have been a good time, I think thats when it expires. Just speak to the CAG who took them, switch days or something. Sucks.

I don't know who took them but they will have to switch days with you Flybrione. I am not completely sure what time they reset but we think it is 12:00 midnight Pacific

I checked my Friendslist last night but everyone was playing SFII or something else so I didn't even bother getting on Chromehounds. Now I'm one Global Challenge closer to finishing FIFA World Cup!! Only 2 hard as fuck challenges left.

I was also wondering if WildWop was going to try and join again? We can try and set a time to try it again.

[quote name='Santurio']I don't know who took them but they will have to switch days with you Flybrione. I am not completely sure what time they reset but we think it is 12:00 midnight Pacific

I checked my Friendslist last night but everyone was playing SFII or something else so I didn't even bother getting on Chromehounds. Now I'm one Global Challenge closer to finishing FIFA World Cup!! Only 2 hard as fuck challenges left.[/QUOTE]

How the hell did you beat Aussie Rules.
I can not beat that one no matter how hard I try.

Anyway thanks for the response to the lottery hopefully someone will let us know who took the picks.

I said I would be on even though it was SF2 day.
I had to stop play SF2 because my wrist was going to fall off.

[quote name='flybrione']How the hell did you beat Aussie Rules.
I can not beat that one no matter how hard I try.

Anyway thanks for the response to the lottery hopefully someone will let us know who took the picks.

I said I would be on even though it was SF2 day.
I had to stop play SF2 because my wrist was going to fall off.[/QUOTE]
Wait, which one is that? Do you have to win with 7 goals?

I actually meant 2 challenges before the final 4 FIFA challenges get unlocked. So I have 2 regualr challenges left and I think that Aussie challenge is one of them.

[quote name='Santurio']
I was also wondering if WildWop was going to try and join again? We can try and set a time to try it again.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably get some time Friday night or Saturday afternoon. I'll let you know.

Sorry I haven't been online...had some "real life" stuff to take care of on mon/tues, and wed SF came out. :)

Anyways, I guess I missed out on my day at the lotto (tues). So do we just enter for items on our selected day? Anyways, I got class tonite, but I'll be on ALL weekend for some squead action.

Thanks,

Christopher

[quote name='Santurio']Wait, which one is that? Do you have to win with 7 goals?

I actually meant 2 challenges before the final 4 FIFA challenges get unlocked. So I have 2 regualr challenges left and I think that Aussie challenge is one of them.[/QUOTE]

That is the one. It is a pain in the arse and I can't beat that one or the one with Spain where you have to win or tie (I think) in about 3 minutes.

[quote name='flybrione']That is the one. It is a pain in the arse and I can't beat that one or the one with Spain where you have to win or tie (I think) in about 3 minutes.[/QUOTE]
I have passed that one. I believe I have that Aussie chal. and one with Argentina where they have to come back from 3-0 at the half.

Ohhh sorry guys ill swich I took them yesterday and the 1st one said it would be over @ aprox 1 hour. No one was on ,well mess was on but playing SF i looked and no one had taken them. But you can switch with me.

[quote name='Maximo1324']Ohhh sorry guys ill swich I took them yesterday and the 1st one said it would be over @ aprox 1 hour. No one was on ,well mess was on but playing SF i looked and no one had taken them. But you can switch with me.[/QUOTE]

If that happens again you could always send me a message. I can stop what I doing for a few minutes for the lottery. I just could not stop play SFII I love it!

Hey everyone. I have been playing this game since it came out and was with another squad, but since my 360 went down and my squad disbanded, I'm looking forward to joining up when my 360 gets back from repair. I am on just about every day/every other day and am on my way to pvt 1st class. I use a soilder/heavy gunner as my primary, but also have a tactics commander mech when needed. My mech is on the slow side, but when it comes down to it, it gets the job done.

you are just like me i do a soldier and sometimes a heavy gunner, but sometimes im a christmas tree that messes up the HQ.

[quote name='toper']Sorry I haven't been online...had some "real life" stuff to take care of on mon/tues, and wed SF came out. :)

Anyways, I guess I missed out on my day at the lotto (tues). So do we just enter for items on our selected day? Anyways, I got class tonite, but I'll be on ALL weekend for some squead action.

Thanks,

Christopher[/quote]

I took your day since you werent there, so go ahead and take today.

With the addition of new people (updated OP) and people forgetting to do the lottery, here's the new and improved one. You must get your 4 lottery picks in before 10pm CST - This is the deadline from the server!

1. Santurio - Ramo Z - Saturday 7/29
  2. Swift900 - swift fix - Sunday 7/30
    [*]Maximo1324 - Monday 7/31
  3. LinkinPrime - Tuesday 8/1
  4. Taken by ??? - Wednesday 8/2
  5. Brak - Brax0r - Thursday 8/3
  6. Ultimate Matt X - Friday 8/4
  7. toper - Toper331 - Saturday 8/5
  8. flybrione - BigMes - Sunday 8/6
  9. Crowbb - Crowbb Live - Monday 8/7

Then on Tuesday 8/8 it would be Santurio - Ramo Z's turn again and so on...
I'll try to post who's day it is to do the match and who's doing it the next day on a daily basis.

Ultimate Matt X is next followed by toper on Saturday

Hope this makes sense to everyone. If you have any questions, better process, feel free to post.

I've never seen an attack in a video game freeze someone's console... up until last night, that is.

[quote name='Brak']I've never seen an attack in a video game freeze someone's console... up until last night, that is.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that was pretty impressive...............and disturbing at the same time. I wonder if we'll see it happen again?;)

Thanks to Linkin for keeping up with the list on Lottery picks. We really need to take our picks as they come so it won't get to be a cluster fuck on days.

How do you guys have your routers configured to work with this game? I've come across some tech support questions that seem to point to restrictive NAT settings blocking Squad search results.

Since I think this may be the reason I was unable to find the Squad the other day when Ramo was online, I figured I'd ask you guys if you set up any specific ports on the router to get your XBL going.

[quote name='WildWop']How do you guys have your routers configured to work with this game? I've come across some tech support questions that seem to point to restrictive NAT settings blocking Squad search results.

Since I think this may be the reason I was unable to find the Squad the other day when Ramo was online, I figured I'd ask you guys if you set up any specific ports on the router to get your XBL going.[/quote]

Try this: http://tommccann.net/live/ It helped me ever since I had problems with GRAW.

Reminder for lottery pickings:

flybrione - BigMes - Sunday 8/6 (TODAY)
Crowbb - Crowbb Live - Monday 8/7(TOMORROW)

I should be on all evening/night tomorrow, hope to see some of you guys then.

Anyone else running a Strict NAT router? I should be able to connect to whoever does, at least to be able to search for the Squad.

My router refuses to let me open up my ports for the 360... i even set the 360 to the DMZ on my router and THAT didn't open up the NAT. I hate you Netgear.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Reminder for lottery pickings:

flybrione - BigMes - Sunday 8/6 (TODAY)
Crowbb - Crowbb Live - Monday 8/7(TOMORROW)

I should be on all evening/night tomorrow, hope to see some of you guys then.[/QUOTE]
2 new updates:

1) It seems we have a few new memebrs on the members list so they need to be added to the end of the lottery list. So instead of starting over with me on Tueday that day will got to Mr Wahoo. I don't know the other member so he will have to step up and speak so we can know who he is.

2) The current War ended and I changed the affiliated nation to Morskoj. If this makes it harder for some to join the squad, I apologize, but we had to move on. This will open up more weapons and cockpits and such for better and bigger HOUNDS. I know Wildwop was trying to join but there may be others. If you can change nations try that if not we may have to come back and pick you up after the this war is over.

bread's done
Back