[Chrono.gg Megathread] Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure ($7 / 30% off) 24 hour sale

Justin.Chronogg

Official Representative
Hi all! This is the megathread for Chrono deals. I'll update the subject every day and do a bump in the thread when a new sale goes live. 

If you're unfamiliar with what we do, we're a daily deal site that focuses on one game every day, and typically have historic low prices. We work directly with the developers so there's no funky shady reseller stuff going on.

If interested in today's game go grab it at Chrono.gg

Last edited by a moderator:
We do take requests! We'll definitely reach out and see what we can do. :)
I like the new deal everyday but have you considered having the deals last for 48 hours? (Like how Steam foes their daily deal.)

Sometimes I don't always get to check and I'm far more active on PC than allot of people.

I like the new deal everyday but have you considered having the deals last for 48 hours? (Like how Steam foes their daily deal.)

Sometimes I don't always get to check and I'm far more active on PC than allot of people.
We don't have any current plans to change the length of deals, but we have some more unique deal styles we're working on for the future. Also, the site is 100% mobile-friendly, so you can always check and buy on your phone! ;)

remember when the dev of this game threatened to kill Gaben because of something really stupid
That wasn't the only time he was a douchenozzel. When they game first came out on Steam he was on Twitter telling people he made more in a day than they do in a year.

When I saw this as the game of the day I just thought Dat Dev Tho...

lol... I remember the dev drama.  Didn't they buy him out though?

Did they ever make an easier difficulty for this?  I tried playing and was just instakill instakill instakill.  

That looks pretty fun and original. I like how it's different from Diner Dash and focuses more on the preparing food aspect rather than serving tables, like Cooking Mama.

Cook, Serve, Delicious is fantastic and one of the best games in its genre.  It's fast, fun and can get rather challenging, so I definitely recommend it, especially for $1.50.

That looks pretty fun and original. I like how it's different from Diner Dash and focuses more on the preparing food aspect rather than serving tables, like Cooking Mama.
It's actually mostly based on a Japan-only PS1 game named Ore No Ryouri. I played a demo of that game on a Playstation Underground disc a ton, and when this game came out I asked the developer if he had also played it. He replied that I was correct :V

But yeah, it's a fantastic game. It's also had pretty substantial free updates. My only criticism is that it starts out pretty easy and takes quite a while before it ramps up to the more complex ingredients.

remember when the dev of this game threatened to kill Gaben because of something really stupid
Wasn't that turned into a song?
01f668aa7f2a4dc6d4cbe389be532bbf.jpg

It's actually mostly based on a Japan-only PS1 game named Ore No Ryouri. I played a demo of that game on a Playstation Underground disc a ton, and when this game came out I asked the developer if he had also played it. He replied that I was correct :V

But yeah, it's a fantastic game. It's also had pretty substantial free updates. My only criticism is that it starts out pretty easy and takes quite a while before it ramps up to the more complex ingredients.
Why would PlayStation Underground have a demo of a Japanese-only game? Unless you meant the Japanese counterpart to PlayStation Underground? That reminds me of a label called Fresh Games (I forget who was the publisher) that brought over quirky Japanese games like Legend of Legaia and Mister Mosquito. Those were awesome.

Why would PlayStation Underground have a demo of a Japanese-only game? Unless you meant the Japanese counterpart to PlayStation Underground? That reminds me of a label called Fresh Games (I forget who was the publisher) that brought over quirky Japanese games like Legend of Legaia and Mister Mosquito. Those were awesome.
It was a section called "imports", I also remember a demo of some monster top-battling game, long before Bakugan was a thing.

And yeah, Fresh Games was a subsidiary of Eidos. I am actually looking at my copy of the Japan-only Mr. Mosquito sequel, Ka 2: Let's Go Hawaii, on my desk right now. I also liked Mad Maestro a lot.

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot Mad Maestro. I love classical music and wish there were more games that featured it. The only other ones I know of are Fantasia on Xbox and Why Not Listen to Classical Music?, a Japanese-only title, for the original Nintendo DS. And Wii Music, but that wasn't great. (Incidentally, there was a Nintendo Power editor who also loved Mad Maestro.)

I've always said there should be a Guitar Hero-like game with a solely classical music soundtrack - the soundtrack would be cheap to produce since most famous works are already public domain. Sony already has a huge catalog for classical music and other companies could record for cheap if they book an inexpensive but respected orchestra like the Czech Philharmonic. They can even go full MIDI now that the samples have gotten better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually want to play this one so I'll sacrifice the five bucks so the rest of you can get it in a Humble.

bread's done
Back