Chuck! - Mondays on NBC

[quote name='Nelo Ice']o well with the quality of season 2 id guess theyd be able to think of something good to keep the show goin :bouncy:
btw i think the real competition is house and dancing with the stars :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
You would right about that. The sad thing about Monday is that most of what I like to watch comes on at the same time but I try to watch stuff online later on so the stuff I can't watch online I focus on that actual night.

For example, you can't watch Big Bang Theory online so I try to catch it on TV but I can catch Chuck on Hulu so most times I see Chuck a different night of the week.

Yeah... I doubt people are taking into account online viewers.

As for me, I watch tv but WHEN I WANT not on their schedule thanks to my illegal Tivo named T.E.D. xD

[quote name='kube00']Not going to sign it. I wasn't impressed with it at all. I can think of better shows to watch on Mondays...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Is there a petition we can go sign to make sure it stays canceled?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I like the show, but they do need to retool the show. It is a 13-year old's dream tv show.
If they make it more quantum leapy then I'll sign it.[/QUOTE]

They did by adding Scott Backula as Chuck's dad.

[quote name='www.series.nu']Exclusive: NBC renews Chuck for a third season

An NBC and WB insider is telling series.nu that Chuck is getting a third season of 13 episodes. The NBC insider says that Chuck will get a third season of 13 episodes. But an other insider at WB is telling it's not 100% sure, but it's looking very good for the show. The WB insider confirms that if the show is getting renewed, (what seems likely to happen), that the third season gets 13 episodes.

Schedule problem? The WB insider tells series.nu that NBC had a problem to get Chuck on the schedule, but because NBC really loves the show, they did everything to make it happen.

CW had no interest? Last week we had an exclusive article about Chuck, that the show could move to The CW. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment of The CW likes Chuck, and had interest in the show if NBC would cancel it, but NBC has never offered the series to The CW.[/quote]
So when the season ends next week, we probably won't get Season 3 until January 2010...but it's better than nothing.

First season fan here, but i have so many other shows im watching had to let it go. Wish em the best...

I like Chuck, but I'm miffed that people give this show love and let a great show like Reaper die. I can't give this show more favor than I do the Reaper, where's the Reaper love?

Reaper was not only garbage but ripped off a good show like Dead like Me and probably also helped create the definition of a douche haircut.

Nope, ain't gonna happen. The network gave this show tons of promotion and a perfect nerd combo slot. If it can't make its numbers with that then a petition isn't going to help.

A prime time major network slot has to reach a mainstream audience. Niche audiences cannot justify what the networks to earn from ad time in that chunk of the schedule.

Petitions are just whiney annoyances. The only thing that can make a difference is to show them the money. About the only way to do that is to buy the Season 1 box set. If DVD sales are high enough it is far easier to keep producing a show that isn't otherwise strong enough in the ratings.

Its pretty sad to see a show on the axe given the amount of promotion pumped into it. Especially given the recent one with Subway along with having all those ads shown during the Super Bowl for the episode on the next night as well.

[quote name='musha666']Agreed. Is there a petition we can go sign to make sure it stays canceled?[/quote]

The nice thing about being canceled is that it is, in general, forever.

If a show happens to be saved, a network will only buy a half or quarter season and then yank it after a few episodes. It is not as if a bunch of die-hard fans sending nuts will entice people to watch a failing show with little viewership. Commercial TV is all about the bottom-line, and the big three + the network with the Simpsons and that other show on it and the CW, which thrives on catering to the underrepresented demographics, will replace at a moment's notice a show that is not maximizing their return on investment by obtaining enough cash flow from advertising.

This show is doomed, and I realize that working in the corporate world causes my writing to be far more rational and less fun...

[quote name='wingnut2600']The nice thing about being canceled is that it is, in general, forever.

If a show happens to be saved, a network will only buy a half or quarter season and then yank it after a few episodes. It is not as if a bunch of die-hard fans sending nuts will entice people to watch a failing show with little viewership. Commercial TV is all about the bottom-line, and the big three + the network with the Simpsons and that other show on it and the CW, which thrives on catering to the underrepresented demographics, will replace at a moment's notice a show that is not maximizing their return on investment by obtaining enough cash flow from advertising.

This show is doomed, and I realize that working in the corporate world causes my writing to be far more rational and less fun...[/quote]

Family Guy made it back along w/ friday night lights and The office all it takes is fans to speak out.

[quote name='gareman']what when was the Office canceled?[/QUOTE]

Didn't the show nearly get the axe after the first season when the season ender got a 2.2 overall rating?

[quote name='Demolition Man']Didn't the show nearly get the axe after the first season when the season ender got a 2.2 overall rating?[/quote]
Not that I have read/remember but I wouldn't doubt it, but NBC is usually pretty good about giving shows that are critically well received or have potential at least 2 seasons if not 3.

[quote name='kewljoe']Family Guy made it back along w/ friday night lights and The office all it takes is fans to speak out.[/QUOTE]

Family Guy came back because it was making very good money in syndication and DVD sales. Also, the nature of the show makes for a very low commitment level for the voice cast, who won't be required to pass up any major career opportunities to stay with the show. The fact that the three characters that account for almost 80% of the dialogue are also the show's creator helps keep costs down as well. Seth McFarlane can afford to forego a major salary as he owns so much of the back-end.

season finale is on tonight so remember buy at subway and fill out a comment card to say ur supporting chuck!

dont let this die like arrested development did =( (albeit i just finished watching it earlier this month it definitely didnt deserve to be canceled) and for those who liked AD buster is on chuck!

[quote name='VipFREAK']Reaper was not only garbage but ripped off a good show like Dead like Me and probably also helped create the definition of a douche haircut.[/quote]

You utterly fail to convince me to support Chuck. Attacking Reaper with insults is lame. *"Chuck has nothing but eye candy and a barbie doll', or how about 'I liked this show better the first time I saw it: when it was called "Jake 2.0", /sarcasm* talk about garbage. Give me something substantial or stfu.

1. Sorry I hit a fragile Reaper fan nerve and you confusing it as a person attack, but callin it as I see it.

2. Hmm... wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything.

3. You gay? Sarcasm obviously

4. What show is canceled again?

5. Jake 2.0 was a fail even before it started because it was on UPN.

6. Jake 2.0 guy and Chuck guy are not the same person. Sorry try again.

I don't know that I've ever seen a full episode of Chuck... I first heard about it from a friend, went to Wikipedia, and it was basically this reaction:

Chuck
is an action-comedy television program...

K I'm with you...

The series is about an "average computer-whiz-next-door"...

This sounds okay, in fact I love shows with computer nerds; maybe this will finally be the "Office-meets-computer-nerds" type show I've been waiting for!

...who receives an encoded e-mail from an old college friend now working in the CIA...

Excuse me?

...the message embeds the only remaining copy of the world's greatest spy secrets into Chuck's brain.

Pass. If this show is more comedy than spy capery then I'lll give it a shot, but it sounds way to contrived for my tastes.

And the person that compared Arrested Developments cancellation to this is wrong. You can't compare AD in any way shape or form to anything else. It was the greatest show ever and stands all alone, far away from all the other crap. Seinfeld was genius, granted, but I think if AD had had a proper 9 year run, we would have had a new winner for best sitcom of all time. I think for it's short run it is the best. Wow I went a little ot there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the later part "intersect" stuck in his head is the weak part and the only thing that keeps this show's story together in a way, but at least it isn't the same old there's a problem, get though it, everything is better now, rinse and repeat like Smallville. It usually moves the character development problem forward not sideway.

Oh yeah... I guess I should put on my Smallville fan flame suit. :roll:

Thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna get subway on my way to work! I might miss Chuck tonight since I'll be at work although, there's Hulu! :D

Um, isn't it possible to like and watch both Chuck and Reaper? I know I do, and I hope both shows get a third season, although Chuck seems to have a much better chance at that than Reaper.

damn the hate for chuck here is ridiculous :lol:
whatever the shows awesome and we need a freaking a 3rd season
and if u havent even seen it at least watch an episode preferably the 2nd season(which completely trumps the 1st) and you'll see why its such a critical darling and has a solid fanbase

[quote name='MisterModest']Um, isn't it possible to like and watch both Chuck and Reaper? I know I do, and I hope both shows get a third season, although Chuck seems to have a much better chance at that than Reaper.[/QUOTE]

Naw, I cannot watch Reaper without remembering how good Brimstone (the show it is blatantly lifted from, not 'Dead Like Me') was before Fox killed it so quickly. If you like John Glover as Lionel Luthor, check him out as Satan.

(Some friends and I were once at a restaurant where the waiter was a dead ringer for John Glover. Maybe it was, since this was after Brimstone was canceled but before Smallville started production with its first Martha Kent. I couldn't bring myself to ask out of horror at the idea that someone that good of an actor was that hard up for work. I kept referring to him as "our waiter, Satan" until someone else finally remembered Brimstone and made the connection.)

[quote name='Nelo Ice']damn the hate for chuck here is ridiculous :lol:[/QUOTE]No kidding. Whatever, some people just live to thread-crap I guess.

I'm looking forward to watching the season (and possibly series) finale, but since I leave for work in 15 minutes, it will have to wait until tomorrow morning. Last week's ep felt a lot like a series finale. If the writing is on the wall, at least maybe they can wrap it all up and give it a good ending.

[quote name='dmes65']I will be watching while eating subway tonight. God save Chuck!![/quote]

I picked up Subway, but there was no adds or anything about Chuck...

I officially hate the way this will be going if they have another season. The season finale just made the majority of the cast of no importance in the future of the show. If you watch the last 10 minutes you will understand what I mean.

The show is going toward the Matrix since the newest intersect is more powerful then one he had before. So those who said it need to go more that way it just did.

bread's done
Back