Circuit City $16.96 March clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
I know there's a thread discussing this but I thought it would be easier to just start a separate one with the complete list. Here's a link to the other thread. Thanks go to lvgamer1 for giving everyone the initial heads-up.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129997

:360:
FIFA World Cup 2006
Final Fantasy XI
Full Auto
NBA Live 2006
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006

:ps2:
Armored Core: Nine Breaker
Chicken Little: Ace in Action
Commandos: Strike Force
Drakengard 2
FIFA Soccer 2006
FIFA World Cup 2006
Grandia III
Hitman: Blood Money
Kim Possible: What's the Switch?
MLB Slugfest 2006
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Reservoir Dogs
Spartan: Total Warrior
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Tales of Legendia
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Xenosaga III

:xbox:
Sonic Riders

:ds:
Cartoon Network Racing
Contact
Dragonquest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Full Metal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy
Garfield: Tale of Two Kitties
Justice League Heroes
Legend of Spyro
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Trozei

:psp:
Gretzky NHL 2006
Infected
King Kong
Miami Vice

My CC started a combination deal in addition to those prices in Lafayette, Indiana last Saturday. They added some more games to the bin and made it 'buy one, get one free'.

I picked up Devil May Cry 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal and an extra Grandia III.

I didn't get a chance to see what all new stuff was added because a guy was just in there 5 minutes before me who spent $260 cleaning up. Doh!

I have a copy of Pheonix Wright that I grabbed if anyone couldn't find one. CML for details. Also grabbed Contact because of the extremely positive buzz for it here on CAG, but can't decide if I want to keep it. Any thoughts?

BTW, I have 2 sealed copies listed (of Ace Attorney) but only 1 of them is from CC.

Oh man, I was just at Circuit City looking for a copy of Contact (none left) and I noticed about five copies of Scurge sitting there - I should have checked this thread! Damn!

Also, I found two copies of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones for $15 each and I just had to get em. One will go to my GF probably. They were in a "Happy Easter" packaging (lame, haha) so they must be new arrivals. If you're wondering about games that have been out of stock, you might want to take another trip back soon.

The best though, was of the many copies of Phoenix Wright sitting on the shelf - THEY MARKED DOWN "JUSTICE FOR ALL" instead of the original game!! So I walked out of there with the only copy left of the new Phoenix Wright game for $16.96. Awesome!

Is Scurge any good? I might have to head back there tomorrow if it is, and I might cave on grabbing Mechwarrior since they still had a few copies of that left.

Also, they restocked and have lots of fresh copies of Pokemon Trozei is anybody is really looking hard for that game...

Didnt see much. Is HITMAN BLOODMONEY for Original XBOX still 29.99?? There was only one copy left so it lead me to hope its mismarked. I did get Bounty Hounds for PSP for a nice 14.99 Though.

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']The best though, was of the many copies of Phoenix Wright sitting on the shelf - THEY MARKED DOWN "JUSTICE FOR ALL" instead of the original game!! So I walked out of there with the only copy left of the new Phoenix Wright game for $16.96. Awesome![/quote]

ha! that's awesome. My circuit city was too lazy to mark down the games that were clearanced down in the first place.

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']
Is Scurge any good? I might have to head back there tomorrow if it is, and I might cave on grabbing Mechwarrior since they still had a few copies of that left.[/quote]

I've played it and I didn't like it very much. There's alot more better games on the DS, so I wouldn't waste your time and money on this game.

Sorry, I couldn't find the CC clearance trading thread. If it's stickied I completely didn't see it. If someone could put a link to that thread in the OP it would be appreciated.

Until I find the trading thread I'm gunna clog up this thread with this, I have one copy each of: Contact DS, Drakengard 2, Tales of Legendia which I picked up for CAGs. With tax, shipping and paypal fees, each works out to $23 shipped. Nothing amazing I know, but if you're dying for one of these under $25, this'll cover you.

Saw most of these at the Ledgewood NJ store, not quite my price point though. Did pick up a Phoenix Wright: JFA for 16.96, as they marked that one down instead of the older one. It does look like it is was resealed, not the original plastic. If anyone wants it (because I really don't), $23 shipped.

Edit: sold

Scurge really isn't good. I give it a big, smelly thumbs down. The GameSpy review is spot on regarding its problems except that the timer isn't an issue and they suck for it being so. Everything ELSE though is spot on.

[quote name='kingsoby1']CC in Roseville, MN has no more Xenosaga 3 or Spartan: Total Warrior thanks to me ;-)... I also picked up Tales of Legendia.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Wound up going to Woodbury and Maplewood instead. For once I found all the games I was looking for. Won't have to buy a new game for a while now.

Maplewood, MN

Tales of Legendia (Still 1 copy left)

Woodbury, MN

Grandia III
Xenosaga III

Don't know if there where more copies left of Grandia or Xenosaga cus the bin was such a mess that I didn't bother looking. I know Woodbury had Tales of Legendia too for anyone in the area.

[quote name='Soul DragooN']Its #3333, and the zip code is 97504.

I'll be heading down there tomorrow, since its right across the street from the theatre.[/quote]

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town. It's out of stock. Sorry about that.

For all who have played both Rocket Slime and Contact which game is better, or are they both worth a pick up? I was able to get both but like everyone else have a back log of games to play!!!
Any help would be great!

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']For all who have played both Rocket Slime and Contact which game is better, or are they both worth a pick up? I was able to get both but like everyone else have a back log of games to play!!!
Any help would be great![/quote]

I haven't played Contact, but Rocket Slime is an awesome game! It is very easy to pick up and put down, which is nice for me because I can only play about 30 minutes a day. I recommend you take on Rocket Slime first.

I'm glad these lists are compiled, otherwise I would never know what was going on at my local Circuit City (North Little Rock, AR). I went in to check out random things, snagged Second Sight for 5.99, then started to notice a horrendous amount of games that I was positive had not been marked down. Prince of Persia: Two Thrones was still 49.99 with some other games, some games had no prices at all on them, and some had the prices removed but not replaced. I ended up taking about 20 games to the register for price checks, but the only one I decided to get was Prince of Persia for 16.96 (I had no idea it was part of their clearance).

It turns out that my store does not have a single pricing gun of any kind. A vendor was there checking on new releases and told me how frustrating it was to not be able to change the prices on anything. I would think that having even just one pricing gun would be a store requirement if not ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to do anything in your store, but that's just me I guess.

Yesterday I had absolutely zero interest in DQ: Rocket Slime: I have never played a DQ game, and the game title is bizarre to say the least. But after reading this thread and some reviews, I picked it up today at CC. Once again, CAG has caused me to spend money I had no intention of spending, but I did get a good deal. So...

Thank you CAG, and, at the same time, curse you CAG! :)

And thanks OP.

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']Also, I found two copies of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones for $15 each and I just had to get em. One will go to my GF probably. They were in a "Happy Easter" packaging (lame, haha) so they must be new arrivals. If you're wondering about games that have been out of stock, you might want to take another trip back soon.

Is Scurge any good? I might have to head back there tomorrow if it is, and I might cave on grabbing Mechwarrior since they still had a few copies of that left.[/quote]
Regarding Fire Emblem, I also saw it at my CC in that packaging. A wise purchase for $15.

Regarding MechAssault, I love both the MechWarrior and MechAssault series, but the poor reviews for this one (64% at GameRankings) is keeping me away, even at that price. Anyone care to contradict?

[quote name='Vegan']Tales of Legendia looks pretty good, from the screenshots. Can anyone attest to it?[/quote]

Yes it is a great game....pick it up for $17... Just wish I could have found a copy of contact (DS) at my local store........... :cry:

[quote name='Sentinel']Yesterday I had absolutely zero interest in DQ: Rocket Slime: I have never played a DQ game, and the game title is bizarre to say the least. But after reading this thread and some reviews, I picked it up today at CC. Once again, CAG has caused me to spend money I had no intention of spending, but I did get a good deal. So...

Thank you CAG, and, at the same time, curse you CAG! :)

And thanks OP.[/quote]

Supposed to be a really good game, however it's not very indicative of Dragon Quest games.

For some reason, the Circuit City I went to had Scurge for 12.96. I'm guessing it was mispriced, since the system showed it was 16.96 and they had to overide it.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']For all who have played both Rocket Slime and Contact which game is better, or are they both worth a pick up? I was able to get both but like everyone else have a back log of games to play!!!
Any help would be great![/QUOTE]

I started and finished Rocket Slime last week, which took about 20 hours to fully unlock everything. I was sick at the time, so I didn't have a lot to do (or have the ability to do much). I find myself wanting to play it more - there's a collecting element to the game for the tank battles, and being that the tank battles are incredibly amusing, I might still waste a few hours playing the game. It helps that the adventure elements are just as much fun.

So I highly, highly recommend it.

I started Contact immediately after, and I can already tell that this game is going to be awesome. I've only played 2-3 hours or so, but the music, graphics, and overall atmosphere of the game feels incredible.

So I would say it would be worth it as well.

If you have played Earthbound, get Contact. And since Earthbound is an incredible game, Contact follows the same path.

I'd really tell someone to get both. Without question I can say Rocket Slime is one of the best DS games out there, and I have a feeling that by the time I finish Contact, I'll be thinking the same thing.

Hope this helps.

I was able to pick copies of Xenosaga III, Tales of Legendia, and Contact at my local Circuit City. I saw a few copies of Final Fantasy XI for xbox 360 there, but wasn't sure if those or the Xbox regualr ones were on sale (they didnt have any of those tho). Is FFXI for xbox 360 worth 17$? I can't run it on my comp because my comp is pretty old so yeah.

They had copies of DQ Heroes too but I'm going to have to watch some gameplay vids before I check it out.

picked up Meteos, Pikmin 2, Grandia 3, and the last Xenosaga 3 in the bin today.

They had Hitman Blood Money, a few Final Fantasy XI, a Battalion Wars....i believe that was about it for noteworthy games in the bin. Couldn't find Phoenix Wright... o well

Went to pickup Trozei for one of my kids and MechAssault for me. Yet, the store moved all the games to a bin and out of the plastic security shells. In the bin was one copy of MechAssault, two Trozei, a few Contact, one Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime and three copies of Phoenix Wright.

So, I still picked up the Trozei, but snagged one of the Phoenix Wright instead of the MechAssault. I'm pretty sure I made the better choice.

I picked up Dragonquest Heroes: Rocket Slime & Worms for DS yesterday! :)

Still had 5 Dragonquest Heroes: Rocket Slime left in the bin,
but I got the last Worms Open Warfare

Picked up Xenogears III, and my g/f picked up Rocketslime (I convinced her that I think she'll love it, even though I've never played it, based on what you CAGer's have said (cutesy game with Paper Mario elements, she loves Paper Mario). You all better hope you were right!)
Now I just need to pick up Xenosaga II, and then play Gears, and Saga I-III.

Nothing in these drops for me unfortunately. But, before I forget, has anyone checked out CC.com lately? I found numerous 'pre-owned' listings for games in the PS2/PS3 and Xbox/360 listings.

Since when did they start selling pre owned titles and is this a hint they'll start doing this in store sometime soon?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nothing in these drops for me unfortunately. But, before I forget, has anyone checked out CC.com lately? I found numerous 'pre-owned' listings for games in the PS2/PS3 and Xbox/360 listings.

Since when did they start selling pre owned titles and is this a hint they'll start doing this in store sometime soon?[/quote]

Well, now that TRU is doing it, maybe more retailers are getting into used games. I'm guessing the profit margin is a lot better than on new ones.

Still, I haven't seen any sign of used games at B&M CC's in my area.

They are testing it in like 15 stores(I think in Texas, but not sure). It may or may not roll out to every store.

If I recall the buy back prices from CC is like 40% of their used price. So, a game CC sells for $11 used, they will buy back(at the participating locations) for about $4.5. And I think they only buy back certain games.

These are the store location numbers for the USED GAME selling Circuit City stores.
805, 824, 825, 840, 866, 1600, 3100, 3102, 3106, 3244, 3549, 3752, 4112, & 4115

edit to add store numbers and buyback info

I saw a whole rack of "pre-owned" games at the store I went to (3106) but they were all full-price. Lots of greatest hits titles marked at 19.99. It made no sense, they're either not pre-owned (they did look re-wrapped though) or they're just fucking retarded.

Stores 805, 3100, and 3549 are also near me, I'll have to see what they have pre-owned and see if they're also too dumb to mark them different prices.

This is VA btw, not TX, but it makes sense since the CC headquarters is in Richmond IIRC.

[quote name='SpazX']I saw a whole rack of "pre-owned" games at the store I went to (3106) but they were all full-price. Lots of greatest hits titles marked at 19.99. It made no sense, they're either not pre-owned (they did look re-wrapped though) or they're just fucking retarded.

Stores 805, 3100, and 3549 are also near me, I'll have to see what they have pre-owned and see if they're also too dumb to mark them different prices.

This is VA btw, not TX, but it makes sense since the CC headquarters is in Richmond IIRC.[/quote]

Where in VA are you?

I saw used games in December at the store in Ashland (near Virginia Center Commons) and they actually had some really good prices! I recall seeing the GTA trilogy (Xbox) for $15-20, and some GC games that were >$10.

yeah, your right it is VA. Different stuff is tested all over the country. I was just too lazy to look up the location of the stores and tried going off my memory. That'll learn me. ;).

See, I know I kept reading about BB doing it in their B&M stores to some extent, but this is the first I'm hearing about CC or TRU selling used games.

And honestly, if their prices are more like FYE's on used games, then for the $5 extra, I'd rather just buy it new.

Thanks a ton fellas, I never go to Circuit City so I never would have known about this deal without CAG. Got Xenosaga III for $16.96, it is an awsome game I would never have tried without a sale. They also had Grandia III, Tales of Legendia, and Rocket Slime still in-stock at the 82nd street Indianapolis location; I should probably go back for those.

I picked up MechAssault DS, Pokemon Trozei, and Full Auto(i used to have this one before). I also saw a bunch of REDS for $16.96, but I'm buying this from a CAG for $15 new shipped already.

Picked up Rocket Slime DS & Contact DS at Plantation, FL CC (Sawgrass). They still had at least 3 Contacts and 1 Rocket Slime left as of Saturday night at closing time.

If you're into PC games, ask them to price check some of the older games. For instance, I got Bad Day L.A. for $7.99 (marked $29.99) and Night Watch (based on the horror movie of the same name) for $9.99 (marked $39.99).

My final grab was a cheap-ass PSP game called Bounty Hounds for $14.99- not sure how it is.

It appeared during the transaction that the clerk didn't ring me up for Contact but I wasn't sure until I got outside, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it in case I was going to get lucky. Once I was to my car I was like "Hell yeah! Free DS game!" I guess the guy who checks receipts at the door can't count either. Actually, though, that would have been embarrasing if he caught the mistake and I had to go back to the line looking like I was guilty (even though, technically, it was the cashier's fault). Score!

[quote name='Rayray']Picked up Rocket Slime DS & Contact DS at Plantation, FL CC (Sawgrass). They still had at least 3 Contacts and 1 Rocket Slime left as of Saturday night at closing time.

If you're into PC games, ask them to price check some of the older games. For instance, I got Bad Day L.A. for $7.99 (marked $29.99) and Night Watch (based on the horror movie of the same name) for $9.99 (marked $39.99).

My final grab was a cheap-ass PSP game called Bounty Hounds for $14.99- not sure how it is.

It appeared during the transaction that the clerk didn't ring me up for Contact but I wasn't sure until I got outside, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it in case I was going to get lucky. Once I was to my car I was like "Hell yeah! Free DS game!" I guess the guy who checks receipts at the door can't count either. Actually, though, that would have been embarrasing if he caught the mistake and I had to go back to the line looking like I was guilty (even though, technically, it was the cashier's fault). Score![/quote]

Take the money you saved on Contact and go buy a conscience, lurkerboy.

[quote name='neocisco']Take the money you saved on Contact and go buy a conscience, lurkerboy.[/quote]

That isn't needed, quit being a troll.

[quote name='Rayray']
![/QUOTE]
It would be nice if there was a list of PC game prices. I know most of the cheapest and best PC deals I've gotten have been through CC via CAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back