Circuit City $16.96 March clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
I know there's a thread discussing this but I thought it would be easier to just start a separate one with the complete list. Here's a link to the other thread. Thanks go to lvgamer1 for giving everyone the initial heads-up.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129997

:360:
FIFA World Cup 2006
Final Fantasy XI
Full Auto
NBA Live 2006
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006

:ps2:
Armored Core: Nine Breaker
Chicken Little: Ace in Action
Commandos: Strike Force
Drakengard 2
FIFA Soccer 2006
FIFA World Cup 2006
Grandia III
Hitman: Blood Money
Kim Possible: What's the Switch?
MLB Slugfest 2006
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Reservoir Dogs
Spartan: Total Warrior
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Tales of Legendia
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Xenosaga III

:xbox:
Sonic Riders

:ds:
Cartoon Network Racing
Contact
Dragonquest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Full Metal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy
Garfield: Tale of Two Kitties
Justice League Heroes
Legend of Spyro
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Trozei

:psp:
Gretzky NHL 2006
Infected
King Kong
Miami Vice

[quote name='Derrick1979']So is it safe to ask if anyone out there officially has any idea of what games went on clearance this month besides Disgaea 2, and Bomberman for the 360????

Thanks[/QUOTE]
I saw God Hand and Mortal Kombat Deception in the stack.

[quote name='appleyum']I saw God Hand and Mortal Kombat Deception in the stack.[/quote]

damn how much was god hand seeing it's $20 everywhere else?
I wonder though is that game worth anymore than even $10 has anyone played it?

[quote name='Derrick1979']damn how much was god hand seeing it's $20 everywhere else?
I wonder though is that game worth anymore than even $10 has anyone played it?[/QUOTE]

God Hand is freaking awesome. Well worth the $16.96/$20. It's a little hard to control at first, but once you get used to it, it's one of the most awesome over the top fighters ever.

Seriously, the first mini boss fight is against an obviously gay duo. They attack you by sauntering over to you and then thrusting their asses at you. You dodge, then decide that they obviously don't deserve their testicles. You run in, activate the Ball Buster power, and kick them right in the crotch. But, it doesn't do anything because they *tuck them*.

It's freaking awesome.

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't know, I don't really expect the July 4th clearance sale to be all that great this year. CC seems to be doing good with its monthly clearances and to be honest, I can't really think of anything they would need to blow out and offer such a huge list.

I kind of see them just dropping all the $16.96 games to $8.96 or something similar, but it seems that they are clearancing new games every month and for the most part, it's working.

I kind of like this system better because it's a lot easier to grab what I want.[/quote]Y'know what's funny? I find myself picking the games up much quicker than I would a t the usual low price greatest hits mark of $20. For some reason $17 is just easier to swallow than $20, although it's just $3 off. They are def doing something right.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Y'know what's funny? I find myself picking the games up much quicker than I would a t the usual low price greatest hits mark of $20. For some reason $17 is just easier to swallow than $20, although it's just $3 off. They are def doing something right.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I mean, $16.96 is a great deal when they start slashing $30 - $50 games down to that price.

I like this though, every month there is a few more games, and I've noticed their game shelves are a lot better looking and not overflowing, since they aren't saving their games that aren't selling for one big blowout on July 4th, and I don't have to deal with tons and tons of other people searching for the same games I am.

The other deal sites don't seem to care about the $16.96 clearances so it's way easier to get good deals on games like Disgaea 2.

[quote name='expane']circuit city in Daly City CA never has anything on sale or worth buying

advent rising - they have 10 copies all marked at $49.99 that have been sitting there for over 2 years[/QUOTE]
Whoa, another Daly City CAG! Anyway, you're right, the CC here never has good clearance stuff or anything else worth buying. The last game I bought there priced at $16.96 was Xenosaga III.

[quote name='Logain8955']God Hand is freaking awesome. Well worth the $16.96/$20. It's a little hard to control at first, but once you get used to it, it's one of the most awesome over the top fighters ever.

Seriously, the first mini boss fight is against an obviously gay duo. They attack you by sauntering over to you and then thrusting their asses at you. You dodge, then decide that they obviously don't deserve their testicles. You run in, activate the Ball Buster power, and kick them right in the crotch. But, it doesn't do anything because they *tuck them*.

It's freaking awesome.[/quote]

Thanks alot for the info on that game I really want to get it now besides it's made by clover studios the awsome people that got the broomstick up the butt with no vasoline from Capcom...

"You run in, activate the Ball Buster power, and kick them right in the crotch. But, it doesn't do anything because they *tuck them*.""

too funny

Kind of Late...
but I suppose I must thank the OP - Manage to score a Disgaea 2 - a couple of days ago!

I'm loving the circuit city monthly clearances!

Don't like to post right after my last post but someone should contact the OP on this CC march clearance thing and just make it a general "CC clearance thread" and keep it updated....

And to comment on the monthly clearance items instead of the all at once, this system of lowering prices is alot better than the chaos that was the BB clearance sale .. Any game so far that went on clearance I have got from CC except Contact and Xenosaga III which I ended up getting for the same price from a reliable source lol..

I don't own an Xbox, but I saw something strange. There was a new copy of Halo 2 that was in a silver case instead of the usual green!

Also, this was a regular/non-limited edition of the game and I compared it with another green cased one and they looked identical to me.

I thought that only platinum hits /lower than $29.99 games used those sliver/grey colored cases or did someone just make a mistake at the factory?

[quote name='Derrick1979']Don't like to post right after my last post but someone should contact the OP on this CC march clearance thing and just make it a general "CC clearance thread" and keep it updated....

And to comment on the monthly clearance items instead of the all at once, this system of lowering prices is alot better than the chaos that was the BB clearance sale .. Any game so far that went on clearance I have got from CC except Contact and Xenosaga III which I ended up getting for the same price from a reliable source lol..[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'd much rather have new threads each month. I find it a lot easier to find things in that type of format than the huge chain clearance threads.

[quote name='Logain8955']Honestly, I'd much rather have new threads each month. I find it a lot easier to find things in that type of format than the huge chain clearance threads.[/QUOTE]

Agreed... maybe the new thread can reference the old one since the games are showing back up?

I wonder how many people missed out on Disgaea 2 simply because they never clicked back into the March clearance thread?

Usually somebody posts a list of games that gets clearenced at Circuit City each month. We are just missing that list this month...

[quote name='Roufuss']Agreed... maybe the new thread can reference the old one since the games are showing back up?

I wonder how many people missed out on Disgaea 2 simply because they never clicked back into the March clearance thread?[/quote]

That's very true. I only noticed because I was about to delete my subscription to the thread but I was curious as to why people were continuing to post in May.

[quote name='depascal22']That's very true. I only noticed because I was about to delete my subscription to the thread but I was curious as to why people were continuing to post in May.[/quote]

Maybe this is a good stealth operation on the CAG'er part.. seeing this is an old thread maybe those other "site's" were slow on this info and more people from here got the games..

Those "Moles" are killing the deals for the legit people on this site..

[quote name='Logain8955']Honestly, I'd much rather have new threads each month. I find it a lot easier to find things in that type of format than the huge chain clearance threads.[/quote]
It would make sense to have a new thread a month, as well as keeping the size of the threads to something manageable.

[quote name='malalrd']Usually somebody posts a list of games that gets clearenced at Circuit City each month. We are just missing that list this month...[/quote]

I know, usally the websites hints to a new clearence or neo cisco pops up...shall we just go ahead and start a new one?

Disgea 2...
Bomberman 360...

[quote name='kevzik']I know, usally the websites hints to a new clearence or neo cisco pops up...shall we just go ahead and start a new one?

Disgea 2...
Bomberman 360...[/quote]

Castlevania : Portrait of Ruin NDS

I don't recall there being any other games that were clearanced, some dropped in price to match universal price drops. 'Course I was off the day of the reductions.

[quote name='sigep_ohio']Castlevania : Portrait of Ruin NDS

I don't recall there being any other games that were clearanced, some dropped in price to match universal price drops. 'Course I was off the day of the reductions.[/QUOTE]

Oh you work at Circuit City? Hear anything about a big July 4th game sale this year?

all i can say is WOW for PoR. not a single CC has it.. and im thinking employees hoarded them. maybe just lurkers of CAG. who knows. but i went to another (the one in Wayne NJ) CC today and no luck. that store really sucks. i also did manage to go to a even farther CC, and found MGS: Subsitence for $16.96, Star Ocean for PS2 for $16.96 still, and something unexpected, Phoenix Wright Ace Atty for the DS for $16.96 still. unexpected cause i thought all CC's are wiped out of these as well.

edit: forgot to mention Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for the PS2 for $8.96

[quote name='Derrick1979']someone said God Hand was in a clearance bin but did not confirm if it was on discount..[/quote]

I can confirm both, but found and bought one about three weeks ago...

[quote name='dinovelvet']Oh you work at Circuit City? Hear anything about a big July 4th game sale this year?[/quote]

Yes, I work for CShity. And if I hear anything about a clearance, you all will be the first to know. neocisco usually beats me to posting the game clearances though.

And the post about employees hoarding is probably off base a little bit. Most of our employees haven't a clue or care about the game clearances. Most of them are there for the paycheck, not cause they like or care about what they do(at least in my experience at 2 different stores).

Circuit City hasn't gotten manufacturer replenishments for POR in at least 2 months. I honestly was expecting it to be a part of the March clearance, along with Disgaea II. I guess we were a little slow on those two.

[quote name='phear3d']but i went to another (the one in Wayne NJ) CC today and no luck. that store really sucks. [/quote]

Hey I go to that CC once in a while. I have never really got any great deals there. Usually everything is gone by the time I show up.

[quote name='stoned99']Picked up
Amped 3 360 for 17$ tonight, and Cartoon Network Racing NDS for 13$[/quote]

I saw Cartoon Network Racing at Best Buy for $10, but didn't bite becuase:

1) They didn't have any copies at the moment.
2) I'm waiting until next week so I can use the $5 off coupon and get it for $5.

[quote name='phear3d']all i can say is WOW for PoR. not a single CC has it.. and im thinking employees hoarded them. maybe just lurkers of CAG. who knows. but i went to another (the one in Wayne NJ) CC today and no luck. that store really sucks. i also did manage to go to a even farther CC, and found MGS: Subsitence for $16.96, Star Ocean for PS2 for $16.96 still, and something unexpected, Phoenix Wright Ace Atty for the DS for $16.96 still. unexpected cause i thought all CC's are wiped out of these as well.

edit: forgot to mention Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for the PS2 for $8.96[/quote]

I have found some stuff in Wayne before, but yeah for the most part it does suck. Was the other store in Ledgewood? They usually have just about anything youd want if you get there early enough. And COD for 8.96 is heavy metal, I need to find that.

[quote name='happyorangeman']Hey I go to that CC once in a while. I have never really got any great deals there. Usually everything is gone by the time I show up.[/quote]

[quote name='xdl']I have found some stuff in Wayne before, but yeah for the most part it does suck. Was the other store in Ledgewood? They usually have just about anything youd want if you get there early enough. And COD for 8.96 is heavy metal, I need to find that.[/quote]

the only thing i found there before was Wario Ware Twisted, they had like 5 or 6 copies of them. i was going to get at least 1 yesterday but all of them were GONE. they really suck cause they barely have any room for the DS and GBA games, they fit them at the end of the aisle, all cramped up and hard to get to.

as for july 4th clearance, im thinking maybe they are going to clear out all xbox games. i know 1 particular store that still has alot but the games barely move at all. but we may never know until they release that list.

[quote name='phear3d']the only thing i found there before was Wario Ware Twisted, they had like 5 or 6 copies of them. i was going to get at least 1 yesterday but all of them were GONE. they really suck cause they barely have any room for the DS and GBA games, they fit them at the end of the aisle, all cramped up and hard to get to.

as for july 4th clearance, im thinking maybe they are going to clear out all xbox games. i know 1 particular store that still has alot but the games barely move at all. but we may never know until they release that list.[/quote]

I would think you may be on the right track.. Possibly all Xbox and Gamecube seeing the systems are dead and the new gen systems are starting to roll out the games...

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I saw several copies of Space Channel 5 SE for PS2 marked $2.96 today. Would've been all over it if I didn't already own it. Great game.

[quote name='Ranger Rick']Ninja Gaiden Black for Xbox is 16.96. Also Enter the Matrix for Xbox is 8.96 or something like that.[/QUOTE]
ORLY?! I really need Ninja Gaiden Black...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']ORLY?! I really need Ninja Gaiden Black...[/QUOTE]
I'd love to pick up Ninja Gaiden Black, but I didn't see it last when I checked for Disgaea 2.

[quote name='erehwon']I'd love to pick up Ninja Gaiden Black, but I didn't see it last when I checked for Disgaea 2.[/quote]

Ninja Gaiden Black has been at that price for a while. I think I picked it up for that price back in Feb.

[quote name='MadFlava']Ninja Gaiden Black has been at that price for a while. I think I picked it up for that price back in Feb.[/quote]

Could be lower then. :)

[quote name='Ranger Rick']Could be lower then. :)[/quote]

Not likely... :cry:

I think someone mentioned earlier that CC isn't doing the tiered / time clearance structure, so a lot of the prices are staying the same.

And darn, no success on Disgaea 2 for me. If anybody is looking for anything else in the clearance they can't get (e.g. Contact, Phoenix Wright, etc), I would certainly entertain a trade if someone wanted to get me a copy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back