Circuit City April clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
A lot of (really) old stuff but someone might want something. These prices are effective immediately.

:360:

$12.96

NBA Live 2006
NHL 2K6

:ps2:

$2.96

Space Channel 5

$3.96

The Getaway: Black Monday
World Championship Poker

$4.96

Midnight Club Street Racing
Rise of the Kasai

$12.96

50 Cent: Bulletproof
Chicken Little: Ace in Action
College Hoops 2K6
Commandos: Strike Force
DaVinci Code
Drakengard 2
Enter the Matrix
Gran Turismo 3
Kim Possible: What's the Switch?
MLB 2006
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control
NBA 2006
NBA 2K6
NCAA Football 2006
NCAA March Madness 06
Need for Speed Underground
NHL 06
ProStroke Golf: World Tour 2007

:xbox:

$4.96

Max Payne
NCAA Football 2005
NHL 2K6
Without Warning

$8.96

Juiced

$12.96

Arena Football
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
DaVinci Code
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
NBA Ballers: Phenom
NBA Street Vol. 2
NCAA March Madness 06
Paintball Max'd
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse

:gc:

$12.96

NHL 06
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006

:ds:

$12.96

Lost Magic
Scurge: Hive
True Swing Golf

:psp:

$12.96

Gretzky NHL 2006
Metal Gear Acid 2
NBA Live 2006
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

:gba:

$3.96
F-Zero: GP Legend

$4.96
World Poker Tour

$8.96
Wade Hixton's Counter-Punch

$12.96
Ant Bully

When in April does this start? I've heard decent-bad reviews on Lost Magic, but for $13, it may not be too bad of a pickup...

[quote name='beane316']When in April does this start? I've heard decent-bad reviews on Lost Magic, but for $13, it may not be too bad of a pickup...[/quote]

It's effective now. I'll add that to the OP.

Weak. Wish they'd drop prices on GameCube games that WEREN'T crap 3rd party licensed or sports games. I see they're also getting desperate in trying to sell F-Zero. It's probably their lowest priced GBA game (non-GB Video).

Thanks for the list, I'm just glad to see prices dropping, I was thinking some of those games would stay at $16.96 forever.

Cool.. I picked up Live 06 (360) last week and took it back because $17 was too much. $13 sounds a bit more reasonable for a shelf filler game I'll probably never even open.

[quote name='lawdood']Is Scurge any good? I'd pick it up if it is.[/quote]

I think it is. It's definately better than Lost Magic.

I wonder how many copies of Max Payne 1 and 2 there are in existence. I don't get how years later, and after people buying them all the time in these clearance sales, there are still a ton of copies every where.

Thanks, Neo.

Like others, I think Lost Magic has hit the "magic" price... Now if only they'd do that 20% off $19.99 and under dealie again.

$3.96 F-Zero: GP Legend. I pickup this game for $7.XX 2 days ago and i'll take it back later this week for price adjustment plus extra 10% off ;)

Scourge:Hive is excellent. Sleeper title all the way. Isometric Metroid clone with more than enough to be its own game while following in Metroid's footsteps.

[quote name='icedout297']Hmm... Lost Magic vs. Scurge: Hive...[/quote]

I have scurge hive and had lost magic. I would go with Scurge Hive no question.

So how bad is Lost Magic? $12.96 bad, or $9.99 or less bad?

[quote name='ihadFG']I have scurge hive and had lost magic. I would go with Scurge Hive no question.[/quote]

I've played a little bit of Lost Magic, and I wouldn't necessarily say it was a terrible game, but it can seem that way if you're not good at it. I can't draw worth a crap, so the game would probably be an overall terrible experience for me, as the game is really picky about you drawing stuff correctly.

The other elements (like the monsters and stuff) seem alright, but if you can't draw at all (like me), I would say skip it altogether. But otherwise, I wouldn't mind getting it for this price.

Not sure if this is universal, but the Circuit City in Parma, OH has dropped two Wii games.

Farcry was $19.99
Splinter Cell was $39.99

I'm a good deal into Scurge right now. I got it when it dropped to $15 at EB/GS. It's a really enjoyable game. It's a bit more linear than a Metroid, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You still get new abilities that open up new things to do in old places, but you spend more time going into new areas than old ones.

At $13, it's a good deal for anyone.

I'm going to try and find Max Payne (Xbox) and F-Zero: GP. Otherwise, nothing else really interests me. The Kim Possible PS2 game is a good buy for such a low price.

is this really the final list? did all the 16.96 games drop to 12.96 b/c there were a few others i might be interested in?

I really didn't like Scurge. The combat was clunky and poorly balanced, and the entire experience just wasn't that interesting.

Wade Hixton's Counter Punch, though, that's good quality heir apparent to Punch Out.

[quote name='fairtrade']So how bad is Lost Magic? $12.96 bad, or $9.99 or less bad?[/quote]

I'd say it's worth a chance for $12.96, but if you were only getting one, then I would definately say Scurge Hive is the better choice. Lost Magic got repetitive and boring, especially when you have to fight the same exact battles more than once while moving around the map. Also, the story is really bad in Lost Magic, so if you are hoping to buy it for that, then don't. Not that Scurge has a good story either, but it's a game like Metroid which isn't supposed to have much of a story.

Hmm, wonder if I could find either DS title. Of course neither's on the CC site anymore so I can't try and check to save a trip. I should probably just stick to getting Silent Hunter 4 or C&C 3 anyway.

I guess I'm another one for Lost Magic. I'm suckered in by WFC even though I'm sure I'll never play it on the net.

Well, I couldn't find Lost Magic so I got a Scurge. I was hesitant at $13 on that one, but I had an extra Best Buy $5 off DS coupon with me and much to my surprise they took it without question. I can live with $7.96 for Scurge Hive even if I never play it ;). I may try another store tomorrow for Lost Magic, and try my luck with the coupon again.

I also found the following to add to the list, Neo: Space Channel 5 Special Edition, marked $9.99 with a "Cool Deals" sticker but I just had a hunch and had it price checked: $2.96. (Original UPC - it wasn't covered with a sticker).

Scored a copy of Scurge for $14 after tax. Can't really go wrong with that.

They had a few copies of Scurge left as well as Lost Magic. Is Lost Magic any good?

Thanks OP!

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I'm going to try and find Max Payne (Xbox) and F-Zero: GP. Otherwise, nothing else really interests me. The Kim Possible PS2 game is a good buy for such a low price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, KP is not only hard to find, but very hard to find for less than its msrp of 29.99. Good luck scoring one for $13. My CC were gone of all of em the moment it dropped to $17; I grabbed the last copy and only b/c I put it on hold.

All the BBs near me are sold out of this title. Something tells me BVG isn't about to publish more of 'em, either -- given it's probably thankful it sold through its allotted shipment of a game that only a fairly niche audience prob. cares about.

That one could prove to be a rare one.

[quote name='io']I also found the following to add to the list, Neo: Space Channel 5 Special Edition, marked $9.99 with a "Cool Deals" sticker but I just had a hunch and had it price checked: $2.96. (Original UPC - it wasn't covered with a sticker).[/quote]

Added. Thanks.

Thanks again for the heads-up Neo - I was able to score a Lost Magic at another store, and once again they took the $5 off DS Gamepro coupon from Best buy. So in all I got Scurge and Lost Magic for $16 total.

I also spotted a GC Hello Kitty Roller Rescue, a game that I've been meaning to get for the kids whenever it got cheap. I thought that was on the $16.96 clearance list a LONG while ago so had hoped it would be cheaper now. Nope, still $16.96, so I left it... Seems like that should have dropped by now!

bread's done
Back