Circuit City August Clearance

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Consider this a temporary thread until someone from CC can post a more complete list. What we have currently is only what is listed on the website or has been checked in-store. Thanks to Donnums, wlau, zman73, and kell. Forgive me if I missed crediting anyone.

All games $16.96. July thread can be found here.

:ps3:
The Club
F.E.A.R.
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Tony Hawk's Project 8

:wii:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FarCry Vengeance

:ds:
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Mortal Kombat
Surf's Up

:360:
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt
Armored Core 4

:gba:
TMNT
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

:ps2:
DDR Supernova
Manhunt 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

:xbox:
Family Guy
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='allyourblood']edit: duh, i read your post wrong. anyway, my reason for keeping it still stands. why pay 30 dollars more for a game that very likely won't include 30 dollars worth of additional features? i can't think of any recent ports-with-benefits that really out-shined the originals.[/quote]

Because some people might not own a 360 but own a PS3.

Whoa Whoa Whoa....Fire Emblem Wii is on Clearance?!

It's a damn good thing I didn't use TRU's deal on that. Now to see if they actually have it here. My guess is not because I haven't found ANYTHING in stores here in NoVA.

man looking it up on the net

FF wings... might pass... i now remember playing this and beating it all the way to the final boss (that water type boss that kills everyone ...

Remember DO NOT COMPLETE ALL SIDE QUEST UNLESS YOU WANT TO FIGHT EVERY MONSTER LEVEL 99

still might run over and see ifi can find those 2 Wii games (dont have a wii yet but those would be two nice ames

Lots of good deals on The Club lately. I waited too long to pick up the 360 version for $21 on Amazon, hopefully I can find one of these in store.

FE would be nice as well, but I'm not sure that I'll make time for it.

Just got back from the Union Square store in New York City. Don't bother going there for FFXII: Revenant Wings. I got there as soon as the store opened and they had none. I searched manually as well as asking an employee to look it up in their inventory and it showed zero in stock. They did have around 10 copies of Dragon Quest Swords but I passed. I didn't see Fire Emblem but I didn't look too hard for it. Pretty sure they had none though.

Thanks OP, I hope Fire Emblem Wii doesn't sell out...
And thank you Kendro. Now, I'm really set on not going to that CC anymore, it just plain sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading over on my lunch break to look for Fire Emblem. I already have DQ Swords ($17 from Amazon) and FF:RW ($20 sealed on eBay).

Fire Emblem for that price seems like a great deal. I'll have to run out and try to pick that up. Thanks for the info!

picked up final copies of

Dragon warrior (final copy) and Fire emlb. (final 2 copies) At Cc in fort wayne. Picked up final copy of Dragon warrior final copy at best buy on coldwater..

going to try to take both recepts in this weekend and get 10% knocked off the BB and then would love to get 10% knocked of the CC ones : )

Got the final copy of FF wings Ds

i might try to dump on of the fire em. on ebay to try to offset the cost of the other games

love to see it go for around 30 on ebay would give me a 13 buck profit knocking the other 2 games down to 10 each

might be taking a few back next week if i do i post it

A short clearance list, but certainly a good one. I'm going to get my ass over to Circuit City ASAP so I can pick up FE: RD, FFXII: RW, and DQS. I've been holding out on all three of those.

Thanks a bunch, botticus!

Was able to get FFXII RW! I can't believe it... I usually never find anything from these clearances anymore.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Heading over on my lunch break to look for Fire Emblem. I already have DQ Swords ($17 from Amazon) and FF:RW ($20 sealed on eBay).[/quote]Success! Picked up the last copy of Fire Emblem, plus the last copy of Final Fantasy VI Advance, also on clearance. :)

Whatever happened to that master CC clearance list? I noticed quite a few really old titles at my CC and I'm wondering if those have dropped in price in the past or not.

[quote name='beaus27']HELL YES!!!
Must pick up FE:RD and FF12:RW, pending it's true.[/QUOTE]

Pending? I already got the game yesterday for 16.96

I can confirm Eternal Sonata for $16.96.

Just picked it up along with the last copy of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn also for $16.96.

This was in Saugus, MA.

Nice on Fire Emblem! I'd pick up Revenent Wings if I didn't just buy the last two copies (one for me, one for Jaeli) at MicroCenter for $20 a piece last week. ...although I did get to use the last of my credit from when my 360 RR'd, so I guess I did just as well.

Picked up FFXII:RW.

Now I just need to find the time to beat Final Fantasy IV and The World Ends With You and I will be able to start it.

I can confirm that the CC in Rockville, MD has at least FEAR for the PS3 at 16.96. I wasn't interested in any of the other clearance games so I didn't get them price checked. They might be out of FEAR now though since I only saw two on the shelf and I have one of them while some guy who might have possib;y been a fellow CAG judging by the Wii games he had in hand picked up the other.

One good thing about my local CC, they are really slow concerning properly ticketing games and DVDs so the general public usually is unaware of these deals.

[quote name='slidecage']picked up final copies of

Dragon warrior (final copy) and Fire emlb. (final 2 copies) At Cc in fort wayne. Picked up final copy of Dragon warrior final copy at best buy on coldwater..

going to try to take both recepts in this weekend and get 10% knocked off the BB and then would love to get 10% knocked of the CC ones : )

Got the final copy of FF wings Ds

i might try to dump on of the fire em. on ebay to try to offset the cost of the other games

love to see it go for around 30 on ebay would give me a 13 buck profit knocking the other 2 games down to 10 each

might be taking a few back next week if i do i post it[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of ebaying FE but after tax, ebay fees, and shipping it is not that much so I decide to leave it for other CAGer

just picked up ff:rw. i already had fire emblem and dqswords. i looked for eternal sonata (for trade) but couldn't find it. but it WAS on the list.

[quote name='langdon_alger']just picked up ff:rw. i already had fire emblem and dqswords. i looked for eternal sonata (for trade) but couldn't find it. but it WAS on the list.[/quote]
What list?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Success! Picked up the last copy of Fire Emblem, plus the last copy of Final Fantasy VI Advance, also on clearance. :)[/quote]
Anyone know if FFVI is an old drop or something to add to the list?

[quote name='kell']What list?[/QUOTE]
the markdown list. the old guy at my CC let's me take a peek at the list of games that are being marked down on Thursdays.

[quote name='botticus']Anyone know if FFVI is an old drop or something to add to the list?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure it's an old drop. sure wish i would have remembered to look for it...iwas just looking for ff:rw and geometry wars wii

[quote name='langdon_alger']the markdown list. the old guy at my CC let's me take a peek at the list of games that are being marked down on Thursdays.[/quote]
Remember anything else good on it? I am going to head out in search of Eternal Sonata, but I know I'll miss something and have to make another trip.

FFVI is an old drop.

No eternal Sonata at either of my CCs that I go to.

I was able to get the Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest (willing to trade for Sonata if anyone wants to)

[quote name='game_collector_83']Picked up Eternal Sonata at the Little Rock CC. Last one, I think. Couldn't find FF:RW, though![/quote]

Sweet, another Arkansas cag. Notice any copies of Fire Emblem there?

I didn't see any, but I wasn't really looking. Just made a quick drop-in before work. If I go back, I'll let you know what they have from the list. I'm probably gonna check out the NLR store sometime soon, too. Gotta get FF:RW! What area are you from?

[quote name='Megaten']Sweet, another Arkansas cag. Notice any copies of Fire Emblem there?[/quote]

I didn't see any, but I wasn't really looking. Just made a quick drop-in before work, but I do remember them having many copies in the past. If I go back, I'll let you know what they have from the list. I'm probably gonna check out the NLR store sometime soon, too. Gotta get FF:RW! What area are you from? Maybe you can save me some gas if you live near the NLR CC, eh?

[quote name='kell']Remember anything else good on it? I am going to head out in search of Eternal Sonata, but I know I'll miss something and have to make another trip.

FFVI is an old drop.[/QUOTE]

the only thing i really remember that hasn't been mentioned here is a bunch of EA 08 sports titles. tiger, madden, etc. don't remember price, though. and it doesn't seem really relevant to CAG. It's odd that everyone here seems to be big RPG fans. or at least cheap rpg fans. it's pretty cool. i'm glad i'm not the only one who's a sucker for cheap rpg's.

Gonna have to check for FF:RW & ES. Even tho I understand you need to play through FFXII to really get the most out of RW, and I haven't done that yet, I doubt it'll ever get much cheaper than that.

While I was there today I had my eye on Guilty Gear Judgment for PSP, for $12.99. Don't know if that counts as clearance but it's pretty low in any case. Decided to pass for now because they still had several copies left, but I think I may go back for it tonight.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']While I was there today I had my eye on Guilty Gear Judgment for PSP, for $12.99. Don't know if that counts as clearance but it's pretty low in any case. Decided to pass for now because they still had several copies left, but I think I may go back for it tonight.[/quote]

CC previously had this on sale for $7.99.

bread's done
Back