Circuit City August Clearance

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Consider this a temporary thread until someone from CC can post a more complete list. What we have currently is only what is listed on the website or has been checked in-store. Thanks to Donnums, wlau, zman73, and kell. Forgive me if I missed crediting anyone.

All games $16.96. July thread can be found here.

:ps3:
The Club
F.E.A.R.
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Tony Hawk's Project 8

:wii:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FarCry Vengeance

:ds:
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Mortal Kombat
Surf's Up

:360:
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt
Armored Core 4

:gba:
TMNT
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

:ps2:
DDR Supernova
Manhunt 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

:xbox:
Family Guy
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='argyle']Gonna have to check for FF:RW & ES. Even tho I understand you need to play through FFXII to really get the most out of RW, and I haven't done that yet, I doubt it'll ever get much cheaper than that.[/quote]I don't think it's in very high demand; sealed copies on eBay sell in the low-$20's range, shipped, pretty regularly. $17 + tax is a good deal but not by much.

ETA: In saying that, I don't mean to rain on the OP's deal parade. Just saying that you shouldn't feel too bad if you miss out on Revenant Wings at this price. :)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']While I was there today I had my eye on Guilty Gear Judgment for PSP, for $12.99. Don't know if that counts as clearance but it's pretty low in any case. Decided to pass for now because they still had several copies left, but I think I may go back for it tonight.[/QUOTE]

I think that was priced a while back, so sort of sale IIRC. I still have my unopened copy sitting on my shelf from that sale XD

Been waiting on several of these games to drop (and I could never find ES at a TRU). Thanks OP and other posters! I went to the Haywood Area CC in Greenville, SC and scored:

360 - Eternal Sonata - Last Copy, Marked $59.99 In-Section
Wii - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Last Copy, Marked $16.96 In-Bin
Wii - Dragon Quest Swords - Last Copy, Marked $49.99 In-Section

They also had several of the other games mentioned on top of each system's clearance bin. They may or may not be new:

360 - Armored Core 4, Shrek 3rd
PS3 - The Club, FEAR, Tony Hawk Project 8, Tony Hawk Proving Ground
Wii - Destroy all Hyoomons, Bleach

Argh, I wish I had waited on buying Fire Emblem. I don't like it nearly as much as the other ones; $17 would have been much more palatable than the $40 I paid.

[quote name='slidecage']picked up final copies of

Dragon warrior (final copy) and Fire emlb. (final 2 copies) At Cc in fort wayne. Picked up final copy of Dragon warrior final copy at best buy on coldwater..

going to try to take both recepts in this weekend and get 10% knocked off the BB and then would love to get 10% knocked of the CC ones : )

Got the final copy of FF wings Ds

i might try to dump on of the fire em. on ebay to try to offset the cost of the other games

love to see it go for around 30 on ebay would give me a 13 buck profit knocking the other 2 games down to 10 each

might be taking a few back next week if i do i post it[/QUOTE]

Don't be a greedy cheap ass. Its one thing to pick up extra copies so you can trade with other CAGs here for what you want, but to sell them off on eBay for profit??? People like you should be banned from the site!!!

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']If my CC still has the few Eternal Sonatas left, I'm going to buy them just to trade for the 3 games I want. Stopping by at 4pm EST.[/quote]

Please shoot me a PM if you are wanting to trade. PLEASE

Got the last two copies of Fire Emblem in the Braintree, MA store. They had 4+ Dragon Warrior and some of the older clearance, like Lost for PS3 and Geometry Wars.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I don't think it's in very high demand; sealed copies on eBay sell in the low-$20's range, shipped, pretty regularly. $17 + tax is a good deal but not by much.

ETA: In saying that, I don't mean to rain on the OP's deal parade. Just saying that you shouldn't feel too bad if you miss out on Revenant Wings at this price. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, might hold off on it then. I'm busy w/ FFTA2 right now anyway, so it would just sit on the shelf for a while.

[quote name='game_collector_83']I didn't see any, but I wasn't really looking. Just made a quick drop-in before work, but I do remember them having many copies in the past. If I go back, I'll let you know what they have from the list. I'm probably gonna check out the NLR store sometime soon, too. Gotta get FF:RW! What area are you from? Maybe you can save me some gas if you live near the NLR CC, eh?[/quote]

Cabot, so not too helpful on the saving-gas front. Well, I'll probably swing by either later this afternoon or more than likely tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully they have at least 1 copy of The Club PS3 and Fire Emblem on Wii ^.^

[quote name='SpitFire158']Is Fire Emblem that good?[/quote]

That depends on the person. If you like Strategy RPGs and are either really good at it or a person that doesn't mind reaching for the reset button occasionally, then yes.

Even moreso, because it's only $17.

But I'm getting worried though. I won't be able to get over there until like 6:30 today. I'm also not liking the fact that people are picking up MULTIPLE copies of the game.:cry:

just picked up these:

Fire emblem
DRagon quest
FFxii Revenant wings
the club

just a bit over $65 total, not to shabby considering it would had been a hell of alot more if bought used at gamestop lol.

[quote name='Omnislash124']That depends on the person. If you like Strategy RPGs and are either really good at it or a person that doesn't mind reaching for the reset button occasionally, then yes.

Even moreso, because it's only $17.

But I'm getting worried though. I won't be able to get over there until like 6:30 today. I'm also not liking the fact that people are picking up MULTIPLE copies of the game.:cry:[/quote]

True, I also hate hoarders who just have to have multiple copies. I mean WTF? its not like they are going to make a good profit if they plan on flipping them, and even if they dont manage to sell them and return them people who actually want one wont be able to find one. All of the games will be sent back to the manufacturer if they are returned and people will be left out.

Which is why i only grab what i need when i go buy stuff like these so others get a chance of the deal(s).

damn, went for Fire Emblem and FFXII but neither were there. Four copies of Dragon Quest Swords were there, still marked at $39.99. This was at the Winchester VA CC. It's really a good thing though, because it'd probably be months before I got around to either game.

[quote name='Melatonin']damn, went for Fire Emblem and FFXII but neither were there. Four copies of Dragon Quest Swords were there, still marked at $39.99. This was at the Winchester VA CC. It's really a good thing though, because it'd probably be months before I got around to either game.[/quote]

you do know that even though the games are marked at full retail, when scanned at the checkout they ring up for $16.96.

Yeah i did know, I didn't make it clear though. I'm on the fence about DQS anyways; I'd rather get RE4Wii or Blast Works for $20 than DQS for $17. thanks for telling me though.

[quote name='devildr1ver']you do know that even though the games are marked at full retail, when scanned at the checkout they ring up for $16.96.[/quote]Yeah, this was the case for me with Fire Emblem. And I saw a copy of DQS on the shelf still marked at full price, but I'm sure it would have rung up at the clearance price too.

Yeah Circuit City never marks their games for clearance or for sale for that matter. Just find the game and ring it up.

I'll hit one of the local stores after neocisco posts a list. With these additional titles popping up here and there, I'd hate to miss out on something I really want. Sounds like this could end up being a sizeable markdown list for this week :)

[quote name='kell']A couple addition I think are new @$16.96:

Ultimate Mortal Kombat (DS)
TMNT (GBA)[/quote]

MK ds is already clearanced? :drool: Can anyone confirm this? me love you long long time lol.

[quote name='hbkhbk']Don't be a greedy cheap ass. Its one thing to pick up extra copies so you can trade with other CAGs here for what you want, but to sell them off on eBay for profit??? People like you should be banned from the site!!![/quote]
I second that idea. I was just about to stop by there to pick up fire emblem. Please ban this hoarder. :shame:

[quote name='jojodis808']anybody know what the trade in value for fire emblem? at gs or bbv. :bouncy:[/quote]

have you tried calling?

Originally Posted by slidecage
picked up final copies of

Dragon warrior (final copy) and Fire emlb. (final 2 copies) At Cc in fort wayne. Picked up final copy of Dragon warrior final copy at best buy on coldwater..

going to try to take both recepts in this weekend and get 10% knocked off the BB and then would love to get 10% knocked of the CC ones : )

i might try to dump on of the fire em. on ebay to try to offset the cost of the other games

love to see it go for around 30 on ebay would give me a 13 buck profit knocking the other 2 games down to 10 each

might be taking a few back next week if i do i post it

this is exactly what im talking about fucking hoarders.

[quote name='devildr1ver']MK ds is already clearanced? :drool: Can anyone confirm this? me love you long long time lol.[/quote]

Yes, I can.

I didn't bring a list, but here's what I spotted at the Point Loma store in San Diego on Rosecrans (I'm on vacation):

Fire Emblem Wii
FEAR PS3
The Club PS3
Lost PS3

They probably had quite a few others that I just didn't know of off the top of my head, as almost nothing was marked properly or even alphabetized or anything. I went ahead and bought The Club and Fear (but they had a couple more of each).

[quote name='slidecage']picked up final copies of

might be taking a few back next week if i do i post it[/quote]
You're a jerk slidecage. Why did you have to take the last two fire emblems? I was just about to stop there and pick one up. The whole point of this site is so we can all enjoy our hobby in a more affordable way. You should be banned for hoarding. :shame:

I'd be willing to pay cost+shipping+a little extra for Eternal Sonata and/or Fire Emblem if anyone can help a CAG and has extras. My CC was out of those, but had a bunch of the PS3 drops.

Grabbed a copy of FE. Store in Texas also had FFXII: RW, 2 copies of FE and a copy of eternal sonata.

Store also had a few copies of Geometry Wars and older clearance games like Trauma Center, Alvin and the Chipmunks, etc.

EDIT: I may be going back to the store tonight on the way to the movies, if anybody is looking for some of the clearance games and came up unlucky. No promises, but I'll try to get by there.

[quote name='mkernan']I didn't bring a list, but here's what I spotted at the Point Loma store in San Diego on Rosecrans (I'm on vacation):

Trauma Center Wii
Fire Emblem Wii
FEAR PS3
The Club PS3
Lost PS3

They probably had quite a few others that I just didn't know of off the top of my head, as almost nothing was marked properly or even alphabetized or anything. I went ahead and bought The Club and Fear (but they had a couple more of each).[/quote]
Which Trauma Center was that? Second Opinion (first game) or New Blood (newer one, big cross on the front)?

[quote name='forumreader']I'd be willing to pay cost+shipping+a little extra for Eternal Sonata and/or Fire Emblem if anyone can help a CAG and has extras. My CC was out of those, but had a bunch of the PS3 drops.[/quote]

I posted in the thread. I may go back to that store tonight when I go to the movies, but if I do... I'll let you know if I managed to get another copy of FE. No promises, but I'll try. :bouncy:

Not sure if this is the place for it, and apologies if it isn't, but anyone wanna trade a copy of Fire Emblem for Eternal Sonata?

[quote name='botticus']Which Trauma Center was that? Second Opinion (first game) or New Blood (newer one, big cross on the front)?[/QUOTE]

Second Opinion is an old CC drop, so that one should be $16.96 for sure.

I had to pick my mouth up off the floor at my CC. All 3 Eternal Sonata's gone.
DQ gone.
FE gone.
FF RW gone.

Yet many games from previous clearances are still unmarked and on the shelves.
I'm so disappointed.

I'll take a trip to my back up CC with little hope Saturday.

Awesome post OP. Scored Elite Beat Agents for $7.17 and FFXII: RW for $16.96. Also saw PREY collector's edition (no price though) in the bin.

I'm about to leave for CC in an attempt to find Fire Emblem from a currently untapped (or at least unreported) CC in Sterling, VA. I'm going to hope hard for this one...

Speaking of which, are these games usually in a bin or are they mixed in with the rest of the retail priced games? I know back in Newport News, VA, the clearance games were in a bin, but here in Sterling, I haven't seen any bins ever.

[quote name='aaronandjenni']You're a jerk slidecage. Why did you have to take the last two fire emblems? I was just about to stop there and pick one up. The whole point of this site is so we can all enjoy our hobby in a more affordable way. You should be banned for hoarding. :shame:[/QUOTE]

LOL when is taking 2 copies HOARDING your probally the one who took all 10 Jenna d arc or whatever its called from TRU the other week.

if you want to #$#$# and cry go someplace else cause there are tons of games I missed out on too...

you want to know why people no longer post on this site cause of Cry babies who are the real horaders who dont get the games and then they come here crying about people taking all of the games.

Hell i would like to got a copy of Master of illiusion DS but someone grabbed all 8 copies at TRU. They also Grabbed 5 copies of megaman and someone took Every THrillville. not to mention all of the other DS games (besides meet the robinsons) over at TRU.

BUYING 4 games that 3 out of the 4 i will keep Yea that is being a hoarder.

PLAN FACTS GET THEIR FIRST CAUSE IF I DIDNT TAKE THEM THEN SOMEONE ELSE WOULD OF .

this is why of the games i do trade to people on this site I only trade to people i know for awhile cause the rest are just lurkers who are pure horaders. Dont worry im sure you will be First in line when TRU opens it doors monday taking all of the sale games once again

[quote name='aaronandjenni']You're a jerk slidecage. Why did you have to take the last two fire emblems? I was just about to stop there and pick one up. The whole point of this site is so we can all enjoy our hobby in a more affordable way. You should be banned for hoarding. :shame:[/quote]

If you're going to ban slidecage, there are better reasons than hoarding.

by the way if anyone is looking for the dragon quest game let me know. I got it price adjusted at Best buy today ( didnt have FF or FF wings) so that game will go back come tuesday

would rather buy it from Best buy for 15 then CC for 17...

they did say the BB on Appleglen had more copies of dragon quest wii and the FF wings game at 10 am wasnt worth my time driving all the way across town to get a 2 buck price adjustment on FF wings

[quote name='Rictor']If you're going to ban slidecage, there are better reasons than hoarding.[/QUOTE]

That'll be like what.... the 50th time he's been banned or punished on CAG? I think it's a little redundant at this point to consider it.. just go to another regional or metro market, that's what I do to avoid the hoarders (for the most part). Or... get a job in IT that requires travel :)

When he starts doing fake CAG trades or whips out man-boobs with meatball sandwiches in his fists.. that's a different story.

[quote name='forumreader']Second Opinion is an old CC drop, so that one should be $16.96 for sure.[/quote]SO is from 2/29, so it's almost more likely that it was New Blood than a 5+ month old drop. NB and FE were released at the same time too.

I'll be checking after dinner if no one clarifies first.

I rang up Trauma Center: New Blood last night and it wasn't on clearance, still the normal $49.99 or whatever it's priced at now.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion is the one that was on clearance for $16.96

This is the Wii clearance list up to date as of last week:

010086650044 ALIEN SYNDROME WII WII $ 16.96
802068101268 ARCTIC TALE WII WII $ 16.96
785138301310 AVATAR: BURNING EARTH WII WII $ 16.96
785138301235 AVATAR: LAST AIRBENDER WII WII $ 8.96
047875830899 BEE MOVIE WII WII $ 16.96
008888173809 CRANIUM KABOOKI WII WII $ 16.96
020626726511 CRASH OF THE TITANS WII WII $ 16.96
879278340015 DRAGON BLADE: WRATH OF FIRE WI WII $ 16.96
742725274778 DRAGONBALL Z: BUDOKAI TENKAICH WII $ 16.96
008888173489 DRIVER PARALLEL LINES WII WII $ 16.96
083717400516 ELEBITS WII WII $ 16.96
045496900021 EXCITE TRUCK WII WII $ 16.96
710425341335 FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SI WII $ 16.96
020626727440 GEOMETRY WARS: GALAXIES WII WII $ 16.96
014633156379 GODFATHER: BLACKHAND ED. WII WII $ 16.96
010086650051 GOLDEN COMPASS WII WII $ 16.96
031719191710 HAPPY FEET WII WII $ 16.96
013388350049 HARVEY BIRDMAN: ATTORNEY AT LA WII $ 16.96
020626726320 ICE AGE 2 WII WII $ 8.96
890181002142 JUMPER WII WII $ 16.96
083717400523 KORORINPA: MARBLE MANIA WII WII $ 16.96
014633152784 MADDEN NFL 07 WII WII $ 16.96
047875815018 MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE WII WII $ 16.96
712725003586 MEET THE ROBINSONS WII WII $ 8.96
828862900029 METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY WII WII $ 16.96
010086650075 NIGHTS: JOURNEY OF DREAMS WII WII $ 16.96
014633159219 NINJA REFLEX WII WII $ 16.96
008888173700 NITROBIKE WII WII $ 16.96
893384000397 OBSCURE: AFTERMATH WII WII $ 16.96
031719191741 RAMPAGE:TOTAL DESTRUCTION WII WII $ 16.96
008888173243 RED STEEL WII WII $ 16.96
014633158601 SIMS 2 PETS WII WII $ 16.96
008888172949 SPLINTER CELL:DOUBLE AGENT WII WII $ 16.96
020626726634 SPYRO: THE ETERNAL NIGHT WII WII $ 16.96
018946010496 SUPER SWING GOLF WII WII $ 16.96
008888173410 TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURT WII WII $ 16.96
014633152159 TIGER WOODS 2007 WII WII $ 16.96
047875816091 TONY HAWK'S DOWNHILL JAM WII WII $ 16.96
730865700011 TRAUMA CENTER:SECOND OPINION WII $ 16.96
045496900038 WARIO WARE: SMOOTH MOVES WII WII $ 16.96

One of the stores I go to replaced a lot of their DS games with empty plastic security cases with a photocopy of the game's cover inside of it. I found the one for FFXII: RW and picked up a copy.

The other thing I noticed is that the empty case for FF Crystal Chronicles DS had a $16.96 sticker on it. Before anyone gets excited, I'm pretty sure this was a mistake because the FFXII: RW case didn't have the sticker whereas this one did and they were both located with the normally priced games. Whichever worker did it probably didn't pay too much attention. Anyway, I didn't get to verify if the price was a mistake or not because they didn't have any copies left so couldn't ring one up.

This is the second time this store got my hopes up for no reason. The first time, they had one of the display cases for Super Princess Peach and it ended up they didn't have one, either.

They also didn't have DQS but it's not a big deal since I have something else I need to order from CC online that would push the total over $24 for free shipping.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I had to pick my mouth up off the floor at my CC. All 3 Eternal Sonata's gone.
DQ gone.
FE gone.
FF RW gone.

Yet many games from previous clearances are still unmarked and on the shelves.
I'm so disappointed.

I'll take a trip to my back up CC with little hope Saturday.[/QUOTE]

When I went to my CC this morning they had pulled all of the new clearance games from the floor to resticker. I found out when I asked where all the clearance games were, and they said they would put them out either that day or later in the week.

bread's done
Back