Circuit City Father's Day Sale/Promo - $15 off of $100

Scobie

CAGiversary!
Hey guys... just ransacked CC yesterday and picked up an interesting card at the register... $15 off your next purchase of $100 or more when you shop at Circuit City from 6/9/06 - 6/26/06.

The back of the card has the following exclusions:
"Offer excludes gaming consoles, notebook and desktop computers, Panasonic Plasma TVs, Verizon, Sharper Image, Infinity, Velodyne, Bose, Polk, Oakley, HP MP3 Players, Apple, Kicker, MTX, Thunder, Sony XBR TVs, LG, Akai, ESA, KEF, outlet, and Circuity City Gift Card purcases."

There's a bar code and an on-line code.

Each store should have a *ton* of these things laying around, and while not valid on systems, it *is* valid on games! So there you have it.

UPDATE 10 June: CC's seem to be running out of these coupons, but some stores are stuffing left overs in bags at the register. Also try asking a sales rep if they have any Father's Day coupons left. They'll probably give you one if they have any... worth a try if you can't find a code from someone on this thread. Also, big thanks to Sway for spotting the "Celebrate Summer" coupon with the same deal good from 6/30 through 7/16.

I went to CC this weekend, and no luck... anyone have an extra code, I will be more than grateful! Thanks.

Has anyone tried to use these coupons yet? The terms say it is valid starting on the 9th. I'm wondering if the coupon isn't valid yet or if it considers the PSP to be a console.

[quote name='BigChris914']Has anyone tried to use these coupons yet? The terms say it is valid starting on the 9th. I'm wondering if the coupon isn't valid yet or if it considers the PSP to be a console.[/quote]

I'd wait until the 9th. It seems these coupons have always worked on consoles (previous posters saying they've used similar ones on an X360 and such). If it still doesn't work for you, then I'm going to cry because I was planning to use it on a DS Lite.

Just got a bunch of CC stuff in the mail today...

One is a catalog filled with coupons... 1 is 18 months no interest on $499+ purchases. The other is a 10% off on $199 and up... neither say 'can not be used on consoles'. The other coupons are a few bucks off full price cd's/dvd's... 10% off computer work...

The other is a Father's Day coupon that gives you a free gift card worth 10% of your TOTAL purchase of $50 or more. Again... nothing mentioning that it can not be used for game consoles! I might get another PS2 and a XBX360...

I asked in a different forum, but hope someone can tell me more about Circuit City's return policy (regarding things like DS Lite).

Don't suppose anyone knows if Circuit City takes down the serial number on consoles (like the DS Lite)? The warranty on the DS Lite I read says the warranty process is easier if the console is "registered during point of sale" which is what I think serial number scanning at the register means.

Someone else told me there is only a restocking fee on computer parts, not on game consoles or portables. Thanks!

I just got one of these coupons (sortof) same deal.. $15 off a $100 purchase and the same fine print on the back of the coupon. EDIT: I do not need this coupon any longer (online code etc) as I spent a crapload of money on the DDD sale. I can give the online code to whoever wants it. PM me then.

I got mine by ordering 2 Cokes (20 oz.) along with the rest of my Papa John's foodstuffs.. The website has something about a 2pack with a circuit city coupon (it was like $2.60 for the cokes.. I think)

This coupon I have is good from 5/22/06-9/30/06. There is also another coupon (with the same dates) attached to the bottom for $5 off all video game and PC Software $39 & up. (though with the deals on this site, that one might not really be worth it.. though DDR Mario Mix is enticing)

Found an extra on the floor in the parking lot. Good luck, and be quick...hehe.

Enter this coupon code online at

circuitcity.com/fathersday or call 1-800-593-4391

from 6/9/06-6/26/06

4RAS2W9AE5

Happy father's day.

First, let me say that I understand that this coupon will not work until friday 6/9.

Anyways, Ds Lite is available to put in your cart at circuitcity.com, so I said what the hell let's try out the coupon. So I put in the coupon and it says "No valid item in you cart."

Then I empty the cart, and put in a $120 Television. The error message when applying the coupon i got this time was "This coupon is not valid today" or something along those lines.

Therefore, in conclusion, I don't think the coupon code will work online for the DS Lite, which is what I planned on using it for. :\

I just received a $15 off $100 coupon that's valid right now and I tried it on the DS Lite. It also says the coupon there are no qualifying items in the cart, so it looks like these can't be used on it, at least online.

[quote name='mklight']Lets hope it works instore[/quote]

agreed. it seems kinda lame that they'd gonna include the DS or PSP under "consoles", especially since, as someone else mentioned, a previous coupon mentioned "video game hardware" which would imply handhelds.

i hope it works, but if not i'm gonna haul ass across town to my pal workin' at Target! ;)

Im in the same boat... as a back up thou FW has an CC online 10 percent discount that can be aplied to the DS:L . thats pretty close the the 15 bucks off an no need to fight for coupons and you can select in store pick up...

[quote name='ultrarobotninja']Im in the same boat... as a back up thou FW has an CC online 10 percent discount that can be aplied to the DS:L . thats pretty close the the 15 bucks off an no need to fight for coupons and you can select in store pick up...[/QUOTE]

Might be tough to do:

*This offer is good for 10% off $199 or higher. Offer good for one use only and applies to total qualifying purchase on a single sales receipt dated between 6/2/2006 and 6/10/2006.

The DS:L is $140 or so after tax. You put on 2-3 games and you easily go over $200. Unfortunately this is my second DS so I don't need more games, but it might be useful to some others.

Today is the 9th so for you eager folks placing orders, let us know if it works! I'd use it in store but I don't have an actual physical coupon, just a code sway was kind enough to send out.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']What are the odds that some cashier that doesn't know any better will ring you up anyway?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how the registers at CC works but won't it tell the cashier that the coupon cannot be applied because there isn't any eligible items?

On a side note, I went to CC tonight and instead of a Father's Day Coupon, I got a red white and blue "celebrate summer" coupon. Same thing except it's valid from 6/30 - 7/16.

Okay CAGs, I took a whole bunch of cards from my CC. So here are plenty of codes. If you take one, please post an updated list without the one that you took so no one else gets screwed.

PAAFHGRAW3
5DAMWYRA6S
2LA8K37AWH
LCAA8XRAP8
VYAJBSSA7X
BNAUPK7A7N
TFA9H9YAPD
YEART4EA84
FLAG7FSAQT
2PAXEW9AYJ
PCAPKD6AR9
HBAD6QSAHY
BDA7R34AZP
LFAUJUHARE
NVAA8R7AJ5
NCAPHC3AJU
BFAZZKSASK
VLAQB2UAAA
YPAL4X8A3Z

You're welcome :)

I just added a PSP, a 360, a DS, and a DS Lite all to my cart (at once) to see if the discount would take on any of them...no dice. Looks grim for in-store, unless the employees are told to override the coupon/computer and manually accept it (if that's even an option).

if you get a nice manager you MIGHT be able to convince him that the DS:L is a handheld gaming system not a CONSOLE per se... well at least i think so...

[quote name='ajwho']Okay CAGs, I took a whole bunch of cards from my CC. So here are plenty of codes. If you take one, please post an updated list without the one that you took so no one else gets screwed.

PAAFHGRAW3
5DAMWYRA6S
2LA8K37AWH
LCAA8XRAP8
VYAJBSSA7X
BNAUPK7A7N
TFA9H9YAPD
YEART4EA84
FLAG7FSAQT
2PAXEW9AYJ
PCAPKD6AR9
HBAD6QSAHY
BDA7R34AZP
LFAUJUHARE
NVAA8R7AJ5
NCAPHC3AJU
BFAZZKSASK
VLAQB2UAAA

You're welcome :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot man!! Got an upscanning dvd player for my new hdtv. I used the last one, and I deleted it from your list.

[quote name='bmarquardt']I just added a PSP, a 360, a DS, and a DS Lite all to my cart (at once) to see if the discount would take on any of them...no dice. Looks grim for in-store, unless the employees are told to override the coupon/computer and manually accept it (if that's even an option).[/quote]

Arrrrrgh!!!

Damn I just read the fine print on my coupon and it says "Offer exlcudes gaming consoles" NOOOOOOOOOOO!! I'm still gonna try it tomorrow =p

[quote name='Sway']On a side note, I went to CC tonight and instead of a Father's Day Coupon, I got a red white and blue "celebrate summer" coupon. Same thing except it's valid from 6/30 - 7/16.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, Sway!! I updated the original post.

[quote name='mklight']Damn I just read the fine print on my coupon and it says "Offer exlcudes gaming consoles" NOOOOOOOOOOO!! I'm still gonna try it tomorrow =p[/QUOTE]

Let us know if it works.

I just bought mine at CC as well. No coupon, but got Brain Age and the Mario Pack for free. Nice going CAG! I had a preorder @ EB, but I'll be cancelling that thanks to the free Brain Age + Mario Pack deal!

Thought I'd give a little good news as well. Bought it today at CC. Coupon worked just fine, and I got the free Mario bundle item.

Just a heads up. I saw a stack of new coupons for the "Summer" by the cash registers. Again $15 off $100. Good from 6/30-7/16.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Used the coupon in store (Summer one, not Father's Day) and got both freebies.[/quote]

they let you use that??? AND get BOTH??!! lucky

Damn, wish I would have seen this topic earlier, would have gotten one. Does anyone think they might still have any, or are they long gone?

Just saw Eau post, new coupons, starting 6/30?

Went to my local CC and they were out of stock. Got there around 10:30 this morning.. So i just went to BB and picked it up there along with brain age. To those who got to use the 15 off coupon, got the mario bundle and brain age for free. WOW just WOW!! I freakin hate you hahaha

bread's done
Back