Circuit City July clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Many of these games have been listed in the other thread that was started but I'll put up this thread with the entire list. Thanks to maccabee72 for starting that thread. Some are new additions, some are markdowns on previous games. These should qualify for the 25% off sale that starts 7/8 so buy now and keep those receipts for pricematching. Same as last month, if there are new additions throughout the month I'll be adding them.

Here are links to the June and April/May clearance threads as well.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139368
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

:360:
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Condemned $16.96
Dance Dance Revolution Universe (game only) $16.96
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $16.96
Eragon $16.96
Gun $16.96
The Outfit $16.96
Phantasy Star Universe $16.96
Quake 4 $16.96
Virtua Tennis 3 $16.96
X-Men: The Official Game $16.96

:wii:
Happy Feet $16.96
Ice Age 2 $16.96
Meet the Robinsons $16.96

:ps3:
College Hoops 2K7 $16.96

:ps2:
Airborne Troops $12.96
Alien Hominid $12.96
Big Mutha Truckers 2 $8.96
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Eye Toy: Operation Spy $16.96
Ghost Recon $12.96
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $16.96
The Hobbit $8.96
NHL 2K7 $16.96
Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer $12.96
Rayman: Raving Rabbids $16.96
Rebel Raiders $12.96
Sprint Cars $12.96
Spy Hunter $12.96
Taito Legends $12.96
Tokyo Extreme Racer DRIFT $12.96

:xbox:
Cold Fear $12.96
Conflict: Desert Storm $8.96
Counter Strike $8.96
Fuzion Frenzy $8.96
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $12.96
MLB 2K5 $12.96
Project Gotham Racing 2 $8.96
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $8.96
SWAT: Global Strike Team $12.96
Unreal Championship $12.96

:gc:
Teen Titans $12.96
Top Gun: Combat Zone $12.96

:ds:
Charlotte's Web $16.96
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales $16.96
Magical Starsign $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Whac-a-Mole $12.96

:gba:
Codename: Kids Next Door $12.96
Kerplunk/Toss Across/Tip It $12.96
Killswitch $12.96
Road Rash: Jailbreak $12.96
Road Trip $12.96
Shaman King: Master of Spirits $12.96
That's So Raven 2 $16.96
Uno/Skip-Bo $12.96

The computers are fixed now so there won't be any need for manually adjustments. Games I purchased a few days ago for $16.96 now ring up at the appropriate $12.72 so there won't be any headache for the cashier.

can you do a price adjustment on games you bought online? as you dont have a receipt, if so, how does that work? cause i bought some games off their site on the 28th of June and am curious if I can price adjust those.

[quote name='Kendro']The computers are fixed now so there won't be any need for manually adjustments. Games I purchased a few days ago for $16.96 now ring up at the appropriate $12.72 so there won't be any headache for the cashier.[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping they never switch back

I'm not familiar with circuit city's return policy (and didn't see it on the site), do you have to return stuff to the same circuit city or can you return to any store?

[quote name='SpazX']I'm not familiar with circuit city's return policy (and didn't see it on the site), do you have to return stuff to the same circuit city or can you return to any store?[/quote]

You can return stuff to any CC.

[quote name='SpazX']I'm not familiar with circuit city's return policy (and didn't see it on the site), do you have to return stuff to the same circuit city or can you return to any store?[/quote]
You can return it to any store.

I finally price adjusted VT3 and DOAX2 with no hassles!

Earlier in the week when the 25% off wasn't in the computers I was able to get a copy of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for $6.81 amidst the manual price adjusting confusion. So CC not updating their computers can be beneficial at times ;)

the employees at CC looked at me like I was a hacker that somehow hacked into their system and made College hopps 2k7 (for ps3) $12.96.I thought it was funny that I knew more about their clearance games them,until they made me wait multiple times for a total of 20mins until they had no choice but to sell me the game....anyway thanks op!!!!

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']the employees at CC looked at me like I was a hacker that somehow hacked into their system and made College hopps 2k7 (for ps3) $12.96.I thought it was funny that I knew more about their clearance games them,until they made me wait multiple times for a total of 20mins until they had no choice but to sell me the game....anyway thanks op!!!![/quote]

They made you wait for no reason at all? That's not acceptable at all, I would complain to management or to the BBB. Is it just me or is the staff at CC slowly turning to crap like BB; after hearing about the higher ups laying off all the workers at CC it seems like things are slowly going downhill.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']the employees at CC looked at me like I was a hacker that somehow hacked into their system and made College hopps 2k7 (for ps3) $12.96.I thought it was funny that I knew more about their clearance games them,until they made me wait multiple times for a total of 20mins until they had no choice but to sell me the game....anyway thanks op!!!![/quote]

www.circuitcity.com/survey

let them know how your visit was...

[quote name='Jake77444']If anyone sees a copy of Just Cause and could pick me it up I'd be happy to pay for it + shipping and would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

[quote name='ZerotypeX']For which system?[/quote]

I finally went and PMed my games... but I didn't realize something until I got back from the store. I handed the girl two receipts, one with 5 games and the other with a single game. She only PMed the ones on the first receipt and handed me a new receipt so I don't have any proof of the second one since she probably threw it away thinking they were both the same.:bomb:

Oh well, screw it. I'm just glad to have gotten my $22 back. I basically picked up 2 brand new Wii games (after EB/GS trade deal) plus 2x VP Lenneth for $85. I also picked up a copy of Xenosaga III for $13.xx. I can sell that and off set my costs by another $15 or so.:D

[quote name='super_nerd']...Is it just me or is the staff at CC slowly turning to crap like BB; after hearing about the higher ups laying off all the workers at CC it seems like things are slowly going downhill.[/quote]
LOL, Yes. Although I'd say by now they're already at the end of the hill, you know?

Price adjusted 5 clearance games. The girl didn't know how to do it at first, but another CS person showed her and overall it was fairly painless. Got $22 back - well worth the time/effort.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']the employees at CC looked at me like I was a hacker that somehow hacked into their system and made College hopps 2k7 (for ps3) $12.96.I thought it was funny that I knew more about their clearance games them,until they made me wait multiple times for a total of 20mins until they had no choice but to sell me the game....anyway thanks op!!!![/QUOTE]

HA, I had EXACTLY the same thing happen to me too today. I picked up Xenosaga III, a Wii Ice Age 2, and 2 copies of PS3 College hoops 2K7. The cashier looked about 16 years old and he freaked out when he saw everything ringing up as $12.72. He thought there was some glitch in the system where every game would be ringing up at that price. So they got the 'manager' over, who looked no older than 25, and he didn't have a clue either. All the 'experts' there were adamant that there was no way a PS3 or Wii game would be that cheap. Eventually, I guess just out of sheer confusion, and after every single employee in the store had weighed in with their opinion, they gave it to me, and the manager said they were going to pull all the Wii and PS3 games off the shelf until they could sort out what was going on. Yes, apparently this guy thought that ALL the Wii and PS3 games were going to ring up like this, he had no clue that I had picked the one PS3 game that was cheap. LMAO. Jeez, if all Wii and PS3 games were going to ring up like that, don't ya think I'd be getting something better than Ice Age 2? How come NOT ONE employee at the store was aware of their own deals? What a train wreck.

[quote name='dinovelvet']HA, I had EXACTLY the same thing happen to me too today. I picked up Xenosaga III, a Wii Ice Age 2, and 2 copies of PS3 College hoops 2K7. The cashier looked about 16 years old and he freaked out when he saw everything ringing up as $12.72. He thought there was some glitch in the system where every game would be ringing up at that price. So they got the 'manager' over, who looked no older than 25, and he didn't have a clue either. All the 'experts' there were adamant that there was no way a PS3 or Wii game would be that cheap. Eventually, I guess just out of sheer confusion, and after every single employee in the store had weighed in with their opinion, they gave it to me, and the manager said they were going to pull all the Wii and PS3 games off the shelf until they could sort out what was going on. Yes, apparently this guy thought that ALL the Wii and PS3 games were going to ring up like this, he had no clue that I had picked the one PS3 game that was cheap. LMAO. Jeez, if all Wii and PS3 games were going to ring up like that, don't ya think I'd be getting something better than Ice Age 2? How come NOT ONE employee at the store was aware of their own deals? What a train wreck.[/quote]

They didn't think to just try scanning another Wii or PS3 game to check?

[quote name='MC Hampster']They didn't think to just try scanning another Wii or PS3 game to check?[/QUOTE]

Hmm no. I just happened to have picked out games that were all 12.72, so an assumption was made that therefore every game in the store was 12.72 and that something was wrong in the system. One guy did actually scan a digital cassette of some kind just to see if that was 12.72 too (it wasn't). I don't know what that was supposed to prove, exactly. Another guy was getting really excited and he said he was going to raid the PS3 shelf. Ha ha, he probably thinks he's going to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma for $13! There's going to be a lot of head scratching at that place tonight, and tomorrow when the prices revert back to $16.96 it'll freak them out all over again!

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm no. I just happened to have picked out games that were all 12.72, so an assumption was made that therefore every game in the store was 12.72 and that something was wrong in the system. One guy did actually scan a digital cassette of some kind just to see if that was 12.72 too (it wasn't). I don't know what that was supposed to prove, exactly. Another guy was getting really excited and he said he was going to raid the PS3 shelf. Ha ha, he probably thinks he's going to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma for $13! There's going to be a lot of head scratching at that place tonight, and tomorrow when the prices revert back to $16.96 it'll freak them out all over again![/QUOTE]

LMFAO - what absolute morons. It sounds like in zoolander when derek and hansel are trying to figure out how to turn on the computer and start acting like monkeys

[quote name='dinovelvet']HA, I had EXACTLY the same thing happen to me too today. I picked up Xenosaga III, a Wii Ice Age 2, and 2 copies of PS3 College hoops 2K7. The cashier looked about 16 years old and he freaked out when he saw everything ringing up as $12.72. He thought there was some glitch in the system where every game would be ringing up at that price. So they got the 'manager' over, who looked no older than 25, and he didn't have a clue either. All the 'experts' there were adamant that there was no way a PS3 or Wii game would be that cheap. Eventually, I guess just out of sheer confusion, and after every single employee in the store had weighed in with their opinion, they gave it to me, and the manager said they were going to pull all the Wii and PS3 games off the shelf until they could sort out what was going on. Yes, apparently this guy thought that ALL the Wii and PS3 games were going to ring up like this, he had no clue that I had picked the one PS3 game that was cheap. LMAO. Jeez, if all Wii and PS3 games were going to ring up like that, don't ya think I'd be getting something better than Ice Age 2? How come NOT ONE employee at the store was aware of their own deals? What a train wreck.[/quote]

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm no. I just happened to have picked out games that were all 12.72, so an assumption was made that therefore every game in the store was 12.72 and that something was wrong in the system. One guy did actually scan a digital cassette of some kind just to see if that was 12.72 too (it wasn't). I don't know what that was supposed to prove, exactly. Another guy was getting really excited and he said he was going to raid the PS3 shelf. Ha ha, he probably thinks he's going to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma for $13! There's going to be a lot of head scratching at that place tonight, and tomorrow when the prices revert back to $16.96 it'll freak them out all over again![/quote]

Best story I read all day. I wish I was there to see that!

:rofl:

I wonder how those same employees would have reacted last year when it was common to find a game tagged for $39.99 and then ring up for $1.96

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wonder how those same employees would have reacted last year when it was common to find a game tagged for $39.99 and then ring up for $1.96[/QUOTE]

I got alot of 49.99 tagged games for 1.99... it was the best, this CC didnt mark down ANYTHING, it was a treasure trove of cheap gaming goodness... to walk out with bags of games for under 100 bucks... great feeling

price adjusted VT3 today with just a bit of hassle.

I'd like to thank the employee with the obvious Napoleon complex for getting in my face regarding getting this price adjusted. Congratulations for making a complete ass out of yourself by giving me the good ol' tude as to how/where/when I found out the latest price, when the sign next to you clearly showed that clearance games were 25% off.

[quote name='180husher']Anybody check the prices in store today? Just wondering if they are still $13, or back to $17.[/quote]

Considering the 25% off was part of last week's sale, I'm pretty sure prices are back up.

Aww man. I couldn't find any VT3 deals down at CC.

Question though: is the $17 offer on VT3 only good in-store? Because whenever I tried to order online, it wasn't there.

[quote name='djkunai']Picked up another 5 copies of Avatar and 5 copies of MtR, as well as a few 360 games for flipping fun.[/QUOTE]

you know avatar is now excluded from the EB/GS Wii trade deal.....just sayin

they should have an extension. considering that from Wednesday did the 25% really took effect. so we're missing a couple of days (almost half of the week) of a short lived deal. :cold:

:applause:

[quote name='VideoGamingFan416']Aww man. I couldn't find any VT3 deals down at CC.

Question though: is the $17 offer on VT3 only good in-store? Because whenever I tried to order online, it wasn't there.[/QUOTE]

In store it was $12.XX, up until today. Now it's back to $16.96.

I see. I did the math and tried looking for it on Thursday, to no avail.

Even at 16.96, VT3 looks like a steal. However, when I was looking in the clearance sale box, it wasn't there. :(.

[quote name='VideoGamingFan416']I see. I did the math and tried looking for it on Thursday, to no avail.

Even at 16.96, VT3 looks like a steal. However, when I was looking in the clearance sale box, it wasn't there. :(.[/QUOTE]

Ive looked through 3 CC's for VT3... found everything ELSE but that

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Based on the threads in this forum, I'd say your best chance to find Circuit City copies of Virtual Tennis 3.... is at Gamecrazy. :([/QUOTE]

That is so true. My local GCs have shelves and shelves of VT3 and Project 8 (from the Costco sale).

[quote name='lurknomore']That is so true. My local GCs have shelves and shelves of VT3 and Project 8 (from the Costco sale).[/quote]I went to one store with a gaggle of Eragon, Just Cause, DDR, and Tiger Woods 06 for 360. I should have got a gaggle for flipping but I'm not a flipper. I just wanted VT3. That was damn near the last one in about a 20 mile radius.

Anybody here anything about dropping the price at Gamecrazy?

VT3 is a lot of fun. I've been playing a lot of it the past few days. Brings back good memories of the original game on Dreamcast, but with much better graphics, better players, and more weird minigames. Well worth playing.

[quote name='Xerxes']I went to one store with a gaggle of Eragon, Just Cause, DDR, and Tiger Woods 06 for 360. I should have got a gaggle for flipping but I'm not a flipper. I just wanted VT3. That was damn near the last one in about a 20 mile radius. [/QUOTE]

That's the only one I wanted and couldn't find. I normally don't flip, but I picked up 4 titles for a possible trade here for VT, but no one bit. So now I'm flipping them. Oh well.

My friend picked up Killzone for PS2 yesterday at Circuit City for $9.99. I don't know if it was on clearance or just marked like that on the shelf.

What are the latest clearance/price drops at Circuit City? I thought they lowered a few games every week. Does anyone know?

It seems like the drops are taking forever, Resident Evil DS, Luigi's Mansion, Wario Ware, Metroid Prime are all still $16.96.

I saw a copy of Chibi Robo for $12.96 and a few Guitar Hero 1 (game only) with a $16.96 price sticker, I think that was wrong, as I am sure that game has not dropped yet.

Oddworld Stranger for $12 + extra 25% off!

That game pleasantly surprised me, WOW the graphics are amazing for an XBOX game and the "live ammo" is just cute and funny as hell

bread's done
Back