Circuit City July clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Many of these games have been listed in the other thread that was started but I'll put up this thread with the entire list. Thanks to maccabee72 for starting that thread. Some are new additions, some are markdowns on previous games. These should qualify for the 25% off sale that starts 7/8 so buy now and keep those receipts for pricematching. Same as last month, if there are new additions throughout the month I'll be adding them.

Here are links to the June and April/May clearance threads as well.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139368
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

:360:
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Condemned $16.96
Dance Dance Revolution Universe (game only) $16.96
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $16.96
Eragon $16.96
Gun $16.96
The Outfit $16.96
Phantasy Star Universe $16.96
Quake 4 $16.96
Virtua Tennis 3 $16.96
X-Men: The Official Game $16.96

:wii:
Happy Feet $16.96
Ice Age 2 $16.96
Meet the Robinsons $16.96

:ps3:
College Hoops 2K7 $16.96

:ps2:
Airborne Troops $12.96
Alien Hominid $12.96
Big Mutha Truckers 2 $8.96
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Eye Toy: Operation Spy $16.96
Ghost Recon $12.96
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $16.96
The Hobbit $8.96
NHL 2K7 $16.96
Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer $12.96
Rayman: Raving Rabbids $16.96
Rebel Raiders $12.96
Sprint Cars $12.96
Spy Hunter $12.96
Taito Legends $12.96
Tokyo Extreme Racer DRIFT $12.96

:xbox:
Cold Fear $12.96
Conflict: Desert Storm $8.96
Counter Strike $8.96
Fuzion Frenzy $8.96
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $12.96
MLB 2K5 $12.96
Project Gotham Racing 2 $8.96
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $8.96
SWAT: Global Strike Team $12.96
Unreal Championship $12.96

:gc:
Teen Titans $12.96
Top Gun: Combat Zone $12.96

:ds:
Charlotte's Web $16.96
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales $16.96
Magical Starsign $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Whac-a-Mole $12.96

:gba:
Codename: Kids Next Door $12.96
Kerplunk/Toss Across/Tip It $12.96
Killswitch $12.96
Road Rash: Jailbreak $12.96
Road Trip $12.96
Shaman King: Master of Spirits $12.96
That's So Raven 2 $16.96
Uno/Skip-Bo $12.96

do stores get new shipments of hella old games? i recently found a warioware mega party game$ for gc new sealed and a few other 1st party gc games. or maybe they were just in the back? got lucky and scored a 3$ space channel 5

[quote name='monkeydeew']do stores get new shipments of hella old games? i recently found a warioware mega party game$ for gc new sealed and a few other 1st party gc games. or maybe they were just in the back? got lucky and scored a 3$ space channel 5[/quote]

I don't know about old GC games, but I was debating picking up SC 5 for $3 as there were 2 copies at one of my CCs, but they disappeared during the 25% off sale. Guess that 75 cents pushed buyers over the edge on that one. Those copies had been in the bin for quite awhile. Sometimes nobody grabs a cheap game and it rots there for awhile.

[quote name='bookwo3107']Also, saw Taiko Drum Master. I assume this is a clearance item, but haven't seen it in any lists. Anybody know for sure?[/QUOTE]That one might be $16.96. I'd go back and have it price checked...you might not find an answer from us. If it was a clearance game it was from several months ago.

By the way, Scurge DS isn't worth $16.96, go get your money back =P

here in Chicago, I cannot find a Virtua Tennis 3 for the hell of me. I found out that it was lowered to 12 bucks though

By chance, does anyone have the website ad for the game? Maybe I can go to a different retailer? Thanks

[quote name='freshzen']That one might be $16.96. I'd go back and have it price checked...you might not find an answer from us. If it was a clearance game it was from several months ago.

By the way, Scurge DS isn't worth $16.96, go get your money back =P[/quote]
I'm liking Scurge well enough... but that one was around 8 bucks or so when I got it. Had I paid 17 for it, I'd probably be a bit miffed.

Is Monster Bomber worth $5? I don't know anything about the game...I'll check some reviews shortly when I get the chance.

[quote name='ddp72984']here in Chicago, I cannot find a Virtua Tennis 3 for the hell of me. I found out that it was lowered to 12 bucks though

By chance, does anyone have the website ad for the game? Maybe I can go to a different retailer? Thanks[/quote]

Lowered to $12? Where did you hear this?

[quote name='ddp72984']here in Chicago, I cannot find a Virtua Tennis 3 for the hell of me. I found out that it was lowered to 12 bucks though

By chance, does anyone have the website ad for the game? Maybe I can go to a different retailer? Thanks[/quote]
The majority of retailers won't pricematch a clearance price, as designated by the last digit in the price.

VT3 was ~$12 a few weeks back during the 25% off clearance debacle. Maybe that's what you heard?

I went by CC today to pick up VT3, actually. It was still $16.96. I got lucky because the one got was the last one they had.

[quote name='sp00ge']The majority of retailers won't pricematch a clearnace price, as designated by the last digit in the price.[/quote]

This is true. The Target I used to work at wouldn't even match the clearance price of another Target.

Not all the CC clearance priced games went down.

For example:

Advent Rising for XBOX was $16.96 a few weeks ago, and now it's $4.96 (picked one up, so I can confirm.)

However, Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Collector's Edition/Black Edition) was $16.96, and still is.

It's kind of hit or miss.

We'll need to wait for NeoCisco.

Peace,
Orri~

could be YMMV though. but you can get Advent Rising (xbox) from the TRU clearance. i think it was $9.48. with the current 15% Off, it'll go down a bit.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Is it possible that all $16.96 titles are now down to $4.96? :) hopefully Neosisco can come through for us on this one![/quote]

I'm actually out of town on vacation so it's going to be a while before I can post any drop updates. Sorry about that. On the upside, I'm on vacation!!!:bouncy:

Have a fun time. We'll bully some lowly CC clerks into scanning every single game in the stores to check the prices until you're back.

fyi last time I checked about three or so weeks ago Taiko Drum Master was still the 49.99 price. i've seen them sitting there for quite a loooong time now. shame since i missed getting the clearance on it at tru and target in the past.

[quote name='livegamer101']for dance dance revolution can u buy the mat seperatly and if so whats the best deal[/quote]

you can buy 3rd party mats, i think they're around $30.

might get the best deal off ebay, though. that's the only place you'll find konami's pad.

i went yesterday and saw these xbox games were ringing up 4.96. i didn't check anything for the other systems.

advent rising
american chopper 2
commandos strike force
davinci code
dead to rights 2
madden nfl (cant remember the year 06 or 07)
max payne plat. hits
need for speed underground
unreal championship
without warning

[quote name='deathscythehe']Here are some 4.96 games available online.

Xbox
Max Payne
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Max-Payne-Xbox/sem/rpsm/oid/58190/catOid/-13227/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
Advent Rising
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Advent-Rising-Xbox/sem/rpsm/oid/125908/catOid/-13227/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
Need for Speed Underground
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Need-for-Speed-Underground-Xbox/sem/rpsm/oid/82581/catOid/-13227/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

DS
Monster Bomber
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Mons...72779/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do[/QUOTE]

they got around 10 or so monster bombers left in fort wayne

picked myself up one around 10 mins ago. Makes a nice birthday gift to myself and the big thing is i get to open it now cause today is my Bday WOOOO

: )

I went to my Circuit City today in Easton, PA and I really cant figure things out there. They have 4 bins full of stuff but most of it isn't even clearance. They have a few clearance titles such as True Crime: NYC for $8.96 but all the rest are Greatest Hits or Platinum Hits. They are all marked $19.99. But whats weird is that there is a whole seperate section on the shelves for Greatest Hits and Platinum Hits and its a really big Circuit City. I dont know. Didnt feel like asking for the prices because I bought a Logitech case because it said it was on sale for $9.99 but the girl at the cash register couldn't scan the code so she typed it in and it came up to be $14.99. So then I had to hold up the whole line and made ME get the tag so she could put in the right price. It then somehow ended up being $8.99. Circuit City has to get their shit together.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']i went yesterday and saw these xbox games were ringing up 4.96. i didn't check anything for the other systems.

advent rising
american chopper 2
commandos strike force
davinci code
dead to rights 2
madden nfl (cant remember the year 06 or 07)
max payne plat. hits
need for speed underground
unreal championship
without warning[/quote]

I got Commandos for 2.96 (minus discount) during the % off discount sale.

This may be a mistaken sticker since it's a non clearance number, but I saw Juiced Xbox for 14.96. I've seen 16 and 12, but not 14 for clearances. . .

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Not all the CC clearance priced games went down.[/quote]In fact, a lot did NOT. Had a lot checked out on Saturday, and aside from Advent Rising, nothing else that I could find dropped any further.

[quote name='daminion']is advent rising worth $4.96? My CC has about 6 of them in the racks marked full price.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, It's not backwards compatible. I picked it up at that price at Kmart a few months back hoping it would make next update. It still hasn't.

[quote name='MasterSprtn117']I can't find DDR:Universe at my CC...once it's gone, is there a chance that they'll get more stock of the game only?[/quote]

i searched but couldnt find doa ex2 for 2 weeks (even had an employee look it up) and then randomly a copy showed up. not sure if someone returned it or they got a new shipment, good luck

I just keep hoping that Gun will drop from $16.96 at some point. I could have picked it up for $12 for the 360 a few weeks back, but I was too focused on trading in all the Wii games I was picking up. heh.

[quote name='MasterSprtn117']I can't find DDR:Universe at my CC...once it's gone, is there a chance that they'll get more stock of the game only?[/quote]I know neocisco showed me a couple copies of Space Channel Five that his store got earlier this year out of the blue. But I think that was a very rare occasion.

Unless you can find the clearance games at CC.com, chances are the stock in-store is the last of their inventory.

I could be 100% wrong, but that's from what I've observed.

Some new clearance games this month are on the CC website. Nothing great but there are always more that are no longer on the website:

All $16.96:

360:
Superman Returns
Chromehounds
MLB 2K6
Disney's Meet The Robinsons

PSP:
Kingdom of Paradise

DS:
Disney's The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Here's to hoping there are actually some good new clearance titles in the the B&M stores.

[quote name='chronojin']found 1 copy of Virtua Tennis 3 for 360 today. Damn this game is fucking sweet![/QUOTE]

You found it TODAY (/yesterday)?!? Wow, you're lucky... seems like that game disappeared fast when it went on clearance last month...

[quote name='Josef']Some new clearance games this month are on the CC website. Nothing great but there are always more that are no longer on the website:

All $16.96:

360:
Superman Returns
Chromehounds
MLB 2K6
Disney's Meet The Robinsons

PSP:
Kingdom of Paradise

DS:
Disney's The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Here's to hoping there are actually some good new clearance titles in the the B&M stores.[/quote]
I could probably do superman at that price.

[quote name='psunami']I just keep hoping that Gun will drop from $16.96 at some point. I could have picked it up for $12 for the 360 a few weeks back, but I was too focused on trading in all the Wii games I was picking up. heh.[/quote]
I was waiting for that too....I bit the bullet and bought it today. They had an unannounced 10% discount attached to the price lowering it to 15.xx so I walked out the door with it in hand at 16.33.

You might like the deal enough to bite, I did at 16.96 after playing a friends copy.

Someone may want to check the price of Valkyrie Profile 2. It's no longer on the website and it's been around long enough to go on clearance.

Chromehounds is an excellent game for that price. But I already have it - come on CC, put stuff like Cars (360) or Kororpina on clearance!

[quote name='io']Chromehounds is an excellent game for that price. But I already have it - come on CC, put stuff like Cars (360) or Kororpina on clearance![/quote]

Is Chromehounds that good? I didn't have a 360 when it came out, but it seems like my impressions weren't so hot, but it looks interesting.

Just a note for those who can't find it at CC, it's 15 at KMart (10.50 during the current 30% off clearance items sale) and 15 on permanent price cut at Targets that didn't clearance it before.

[quote name='2k style']score, found a copy of DDR today. :)[/quote]

How do you play without a pad? What's the point? Isnt it $$$ with the pad still at CC?

[quote name='seihaku']You can buy the pads cheaper than you can get the combo.[/quote]

Yeah you can get a big box of pads pretty cheap lol :lol:

bread's done
Back