Circuit City July clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Many of these games have been listed in the other thread that was started but I'll put up this thread with the entire list. Thanks to maccabee72 for starting that thread. Some are new additions, some are markdowns on previous games. These should qualify for the 25% off sale that starts 7/8 so buy now and keep those receipts for pricematching. Same as last month, if there are new additions throughout the month I'll be adding them.

Here are links to the June and April/May clearance threads as well.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139368
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

:360:
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Condemned $16.96
Dance Dance Revolution Universe (game only) $16.96
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $16.96
Eragon $16.96
Gun $16.96
The Outfit $16.96
Phantasy Star Universe $16.96
Quake 4 $16.96
Virtua Tennis 3 $16.96
X-Men: The Official Game $16.96

:wii:
Happy Feet $16.96
Ice Age 2 $16.96
Meet the Robinsons $16.96

:ps3:
College Hoops 2K7 $16.96

:ps2:
Airborne Troops $12.96
Alien Hominid $12.96
Big Mutha Truckers 2 $8.96
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Eye Toy: Operation Spy $16.96
Ghost Recon $12.96
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $16.96
The Hobbit $8.96
NHL 2K7 $16.96
Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer $12.96
Rayman: Raving Rabbids $16.96
Rebel Raiders $12.96
Sprint Cars $12.96
Spy Hunter $12.96
Taito Legends $12.96
Tokyo Extreme Racer DRIFT $12.96

:xbox:
Cold Fear $12.96
Conflict: Desert Storm $8.96
Counter Strike $8.96
Fuzion Frenzy $8.96
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $12.96
MLB 2K5 $12.96
Project Gotham Racing 2 $8.96
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $8.96
SWAT: Global Strike Team $12.96
Unreal Championship $12.96

:gc:
Teen Titans $12.96
Top Gun: Combat Zone $12.96

:ds:
Charlotte's Web $16.96
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales $16.96
Magical Starsign $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Whac-a-Mole $12.96

:gba:
Codename: Kids Next Door $12.96
Kerplunk/Toss Across/Tip It $12.96
Killswitch $12.96
Road Rash: Jailbreak $12.96
Road Trip $12.96
Shaman King: Master of Spirits $12.96
That's So Raven 2 $16.96
Uno/Skip-Bo $12.96

[quote name='deathscythehe']Are you implying the man of steel is a cheap whore?[/quote]

Just don't make a crack about him being faster than a speeding bullet or he'll tear you in half like a phonebook.

I was going to pick up Superman for the 360 at this price, but the reviews are just horrid. I think this one makes it to 8.48 by Black Friday.

[quote name='Number83']I was going to pick up Superman for the 360 at this price, but the reviews are just horrid. I think this one makes it to 8.48 by Black Friday.[/quote]

:bomb: at the thought of being in a CC on that day. Last year I went there for the cheap 360 games they had and I stood in line for about 2 and a half hours before I gave up and walked out. The place was a disaster with no organization at all. Kinda like my local store runs all year long ;)

[quote name='Derrick1979']:bomb: at the thought of being in a CC on that day. Last year I went there for the cheap 360 games they had and I stood in line for about 2 and a half hours before I gave up and walked out. The place was a disaster with no organization at all. Kinda like my local store runs all year long ;)[/QUOTE]

I stood 4 hours waiting to buy a laptop, and they sold the last ones to a woman who bought 2 right in front of me! One, they allow you to purchase multiple laptops to be purchased, and secondly, why did a line specifically for the laptops of 30 people or so takes nearly 4 hours to get through?!?! :bomb:

I think I'll go to BB next year (Acutally a few months ;)) if the deals sound about the same. Even on regular days, the customer service at my CC is sub par.

[quote name='Link927']I stood 4 hours waiting to buy a laptop, and they sold the last ones to a woman who bought 2 right in front of me! One, they allow you to purchase multiple laptops to be purchased, and secondly, why did a line specifically for the laptops of 30 people or so takes nearly 4 hours to get through?!?! :bomb:[/quote]
It's because of shit like that I refuse to shop on Black Friday, at least in the morning. It's not worth the frustration and time to save a little money on something that will be the same price 6 months from now.

[quote name='sp00ge']It's because of shit like that I refuse to shop on Black Friday, at least in the morning. It's not worth the frustration and time to save a little money on something that will be the same price 6 months from now.[/quote]

I completely agree, yet people still form lines that circle the store a few hours before opening. I stopped going to Black Friday sales because it's just not worth my time for just the reason stated above. That and the sales don't seem to be all that great compared to a few years back.

[quote name='Number83']I was going to pick up Superman for the 360 at this price, but the reviews are just horrid. I think this one makes it to 8.48 by Black Friday.[/quote]
I got Superman for $19.99 or so from Amazon a while back, and I like it. It's fun to just put in a fly around. The missions are a little repetitive, but it's a fun game in small doses.

[quote name='sp00ge']Just don't make a crack about him being faster than a speeding bullet or he'll tear you in half like a phonebook.[/quote]
Oh nos... Superman is cumming.

[quote name='TheKindred']saw last night
NCAA Basketball 07 for the PS3 for 16.96[/quote]

damn...we need the list, get off vacation and get back to work Neocisco;)

I'm suprised by the dops that people are posting. I checked the last 2 markdowns and there woeren't any clearance games on there. I'll check tom when I work and try to compile a list of the ones that look the newest for me and post here for you all.

bill123

[quote name='TheKindred']saw last night
NCAA Basketball 07 for the PS3 for 16.96[/QUOTE]

not that shocking knowing that 2008 is coming out shortly isnt it

I stopped by a CC about 20 miles away on my trip into the city. I finally had good luck at a CC (usually they all have garbage; I hate the one local to me).

DS:
LostMagic ($12.96)

PS2:
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories (2 @ $16.96 ea.)
Grandia III ($16.96)
Space Channel 5 Special Edition (9.99)

I saw they had Disgaea in with their non-clearance PS2 games, and figured I would get a price check just for the hell of it. I was pleasantly surprised when it rang up at the clearance price, and immediately went back for the second copy, figuring I could either trade or resell it or admire a sealed, semi-rare RPG as part of my collection...because one copy is definitely going to be ripped open and played (erm, as soon as I clear out this backlog...but I am 5 hours into FFVII!).

Then in Brooklyn, I saw they had Contact ($16.96) and Fire Emblem ($15), but I had Contact ($22.99 used with no box or manual from GC back before I was on CAG, I got ripped off, I know) and didn't want to spend $17 just for the box and manual, as well as Fire Emblem, and, while I would have like a second sealed copy, I didn't see the merit in spending the money on it right now (unless someone thinks otherwise? I'm still only a few blocks away from the store). I did pick up a new case for my DS Lite, though, one of the nice PlayThrough ones, for only $5.

I also stopped by a GameStp on my way out and had a major penny-guide find, including two copies of the Disgaea 2 guide of all things, as well as Pokemon Ranger, Final Fantasy I & II, Final Fantasy V, Devil Summoner, .Hack, and Dragon Quest VII, plus a few more that are in the trunk of my car right now. And only half were on the shelves, the other half were on the counter and marked "Free." =D

I also stopped at a GameCrazy on my way out...two copies of FFVII with discs 2 and 3 only for $5. The guy wouldn't let me rummage, I had to ask game by game and have him check for me in their inventory system...which was kind of dick, after I talked two of his customers who were there buying a Wii and on the fence about the service add-ons into disc-protection and pre-orders for him. D=

Uh, since a lot of this is off-topic, I'm going to make a new thread in bragging rights.

[quote name='Xerxes']Found one Disgaea 2....[/quote]

I've been able to find almost every recent Circuit City price drop over the last two years.

There have been three that I could never find, unfortunately, because I've really wanted all three.

1. Disgaea 2 (PS2)
2. Virtua Tennis 3 (360)
3. DOA Extreme 2 (360)

I'll be dammed if I couldn't find ANY copies at all three of my local CC stores.

Everything else, I could find.

Arrggh!!

[quote name='Jedi1979']damn...we need the list, get off vacation and get back to work Neocisco;)[/quote]

He already had College Hoops 2K7 listed at $16.96. ;)

I saw a couple of copies of FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus in the clearance bins but they only had the $49.99 stickers on them. I know they're $19.99 in other stores but does anyone know if they're $16.96 at CC?

[quote name='Mugen Power']I saw a couple of copies of FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus in the clearance bins but they only had the $49.99 stickers on them. I know they're $19.99 in other stores but does anyone know if they're $16.96 at CC?[/QUOTE]

They're still $19.99 in the CC system. I just did a price check recently.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']He already had College Hoops 2K7 listed at $16.96. ;)[/quote]

stupid me...i just saw it as 2 diff games for some reason...but there are still the 4 360 drops that werent on the list

Hey all,
Just got the newest list of clearanced games that hit this week looks like a couple of decent drops on there. Hope you all enjoy.

PS2

MLB 2006 The Show
Rampage: Total destruction
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW
UEFA Champions League 2006- 2007

Chromehounds
Far Cry Insticts Predator
Meet the Robinsons
MLB 2K6
Superman Returns
UEFA Champions League 2006-2007

PSP

Kingdom of Paradise
World Championship Poker 2
Metal Gear Portable Ops (hell yea)

NDS

Little Mermaid

I can probably snag one or two of these if some CAGs are looking. Drop me a PM with any questions.

bill123

[quote name='Orrimarrko']I've been able to find almost every recent Circuit City price drop over the last two years.

There have been three that I could never find, unfortunately, because I've really wanted all three.

1. Disgaea 2 (PS2)
2. Virtua Tennis 3 (360)
3. DOA Extreme 2 (360)

I'll be dammed if I couldn't find ANY copies at all three of my local CC stores.

Everything else, I could find.

Arrggh!![/quote]
Virtua Tennis 3 got by alot of us... I was hoping flippers would give Gamecrazy too many and it would at least drop to $19.99. I also lucked up on a DOAX 2 a while back. I will stop by a few more on my way home to find Grandia 3. I'll keep an eye out on another Disgaea 2.

[quote name='bill123']Hey all,
Just got the newest list of clearanced games that hit this week looks like a couple of decent drops on there. Hope you all enjoy.

PS2

MLB 2006 The Show
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW

Chromehounds
Meet the Robinsons
MLB 2K6
Superman Returns

PSP

Kingdom of Paradise

NDS

Little Mermaid

I can probably snag one or two of these if some CAGs are looking. Drop me a PM with any questions.

bill123[/QUOTE]

It'll be $16.96 right ?? IT's possible drop down extra 25% on the 12th for cool deal sale ??

PSP

Metal Gear Portable Ops (hell yea)[/quote]

Hell fucking yeah.

PS2

MLB 2006 The Show
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW

Chromehounds
Meet the Robinsons
MLB 2K6
Superman Returns

PSP

Kingdom of Paradise

NDS

Little Mermaid

bill123[/QUOTE]

is that smackdown vs raw 2007?

A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Seth guard's nose drips

[quote name='poolshark181']A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Seth guard's nose drips[/quote]

?

[quote name='Usa Ghost']Have any of you run into college hoops 2k7 for 16.96? I keep seeing it scan for 29.99 for the 360[/quote]

As far as I've seen it's only the PS3 version which has been clearanced to 16.96.

EDIT: I was just checking out CC's website to see if 1600 points cards were listed again and I saw this:

NFL Headset for Xbox/Xbox 360 is priced at 19.96 (4 dollars off)
Motorola NFL Gaming Headset X205 (89076J)

It's not as great as getting it at a KMart at $5 which a lot of people have, but if you're like me nothing drops below $10 at your KMart, if they even have the clearanced item to begin with so that's not really an option.

I just noticed the .96 ending and hadn't seen that before so I guess I'll look for it B&M and hope it drops a little lower.

Hmm... So does the Metal Gear Solid:pO price start ASAP? Or do we have to wait until next week?

[quote name='Towlie']Hmm... So does the Metal Gear Solid:pO price start ASAP? Or do we have to wait until next week?[/quote]

It is already marked down.

I'm confused about the pricing and what's included. I mean about the upcoming 25% off/Cool Deals promotion.

Does it include the clearance games or just the ones mentioned in the ads as well as games with the cool deals sticker? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'm confused about the pricing and what's included. I mean about the upcoming 25% off/Cool Deals promotion.

Does it include the clearance games or just the ones mentioned in the ads as well as games with the cool deals sticker? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

In a previous sale a glitch took off 25 percent on cool deals and clearence games, when the sale should have only taken off for the cool delas games.
In the very last sale, it was done right and only cool deals games were marked off, so I would not get my hopes up.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'm confused about the pricing and what's included. I mean about the upcoming 25% off/Cool Deals promotion.

Does it include the clearance games or just the ones mentioned in the ads as well as games with the cool deals sticker? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Didn't even know this was happening. They used to include both clearance and Cool Deals games in those sales, but the last few times has been just one or the other. Of course, with their utter failure to implement these sales in their computer system recently, probably nothing will ring up cheaper when it is supposed to start :roll:.

Malalrd - wasn't the last sale on clearance games and NOT on Cool Deals? That was the one that they didn't get into the computer until Thursday (when the sale started Sunday). Many people were able to adjust before that but others got hassled until the actual price changes took effect. I think before that sale there was a 25% off Cool Deals that did not apply to clearance. Before THAT it glitched and worked on both. I liked CC better when their glitched led to more games on sale than intended and not the way it is now with even the intended things not ringing up right! :lol:

bread's done
Back