Circuit City March clearance - 3/27 update Odin Sphere $16.96

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
(note from Io: merged the independent Odin Sphere thread into this one and changed the title to highlight that deal. Credit to langdon_alger for finding the Odin Sphere drop and to mitch079 for uncovering the other PS2 drops on the web site)

(Edit #2 from Io: Added the full list of new clearance items posted by Donnums including all the new Xbox/GC/PSP/DS stuff)

As usual, please post all Sale/Trade/Pickup Offers in the corresponding Circuit City clearance trade thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/27

:ps2:
[highlight]Odin Sphere $16.96[/highlight]

ATV Offroad Fury 3 12.96
Bigs $12.96
Bratz: Forever Diamonds 12.96
Bratz: The Movie 12.96
Capcom Classics Colleciton Vol. 2 $12.96
Dancing with the Stars 16.96
Dawn of Mana 16.96
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer 12.96
Ghost Rider $12.96
Godfather $12.96
Golden Compass 16.96
Hot Shots Tennis $16.96
Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night 16.96
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 16.96
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects 12.96
MLB 07 The Show $16.96
MLB 2K7 $12.96
MLB Power Pros $12.96
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles $12.96
NASCAR 07 $12.96
Open Season 12.96
Sly 3 $12.96
Surf's Up $12.96
WWE Smack Down! vs. RAW 2006 12.96
World Series of Poker Tournament $12.96

:xbox:
Black $8.96
Call of Duty Big Red One $8.96
Destroy All Humans 2 $8.96
FIFA 07 $8.96
Fight Night Round 3 $8.96
Ghost Recon Summit Strike $8.96
Madden 07 $8.96
Need for Speed: CARBON $8.96
Need for Speed: MOST WANTED $8.96
Need for Speed: MOST WANTED COLL ED $16.96
Scarface $8.96
Star Wars Battlefield $8.96
Star Wars Battlefield 2 $8.96
Tiger Woods 2007 $8.96

:gc:
(ALL $8.96 except as noted)
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Bratz Diamonds
Madden NFL 2007
Mario Party 7 $16.96
Mario Superstar Baseball
Meet the Robinsons
Metroid Prime 2: Echos
Naruto 2
NARUTO: CLASH OF THE NINJA
NEED FOR SPEED: CARBON
NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED
NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERGROUND
NICKTOONS VOLCANO ISLAND
OVER THE HEDGE
PAPER MARIO
POKEMON XD
RAMPAGE: TOTAL DESTRUCTION
RATATOUILLE
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG
SIMS PETS 2
SONIC HEROES
SONIC RIDERS
SPONGEBOB KRUSTY KRAB
STAR FOX: ASSAULT
SUPER MARIO STRIKERS
SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE

:psp:
CRASH TAG TEAM RACING $16.96
TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED $16.96

:ds:
BOOGIE $8.96
CLUBHOUSE GAMES $16.96
GOLDEN COMPASS $8.96
MARIO VS DONKEY KONG 2 $16.96
METROID PRIME HUNTERS $16.96
NINTENDO DS BROWSER $16.96
POGO ISLAND $16.96
SPONGEBOB: KRUSTY KRAB $16.96
STARFOX COMMAND $16.96

:gba:
FINDING NEMO/ INCREDIBLES DUAL PACK $8.96
HAPPY FEET $8.96
PETZ VET $16.96
SHREK 3 $16.96
SPIDERMAN 3 $16.96

3/21

:ps3:
Genji: Days of the Blade $19.96

Ape Escape 3 $8.96
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie $8.96
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai $8.96

:psp:UMD
Aeon Flux $4.96
Beavis & Butthead vol. 2 $4.96
Jackass vol. 2 $4.96
Jackass vol. 3 $4.96
Viva La Bam vol. 2 $4.96

2/29

:360:
Earth Defense Force 2017 $16.96
Import Tuner Challenge $16.96
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $16.96
World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions 2007 $16.96

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $16.96
Bee Movie $16.96
Excitetruck $16.96
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $16.96
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $16.96
Super Swing Golf $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Trauma Center: Second Opinion $16.96

:ps3:
The Bigs $16.96
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $16.96
Madden NFL 07 $16.96
MLB 2K7 $16.96
Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End $16.96

Need for Speed Underground 2 $16.96

:ds:
Nicktoons: Volcano Island $16.96

:psp:
Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai $16.96

:gba:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $16.96
Ultimate Spider-Man $16.96

February
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170283

January
NO LIST

December
http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=162745

November
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=158103

October
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154925

September
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150784

August
NO LIST

July
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

June
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=139368

April/May
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

[quote name='josekortez']I don't think the Gold Edition was released on Wii. Only on 360, if I'm not mistaken.[/quote]360 and PS2 but not on Wii.

And thanks OP. I got Excite Truck and an extra copy of EDF at the CC I work at.

Was able to get a copy of Excite Truck for myself, but not a copy for my friend. So now I feel bad about keeping this one for myself (even though he would never ask for it) while he goes empty-handed. So...anyone pick up any spares?

I'm going back through the thread to see if anyone couldn't find a title I have access to...hoping that they have access to Excite Truck.

I went to two Circuit City locations in Orange County, CA. Grabbed Excite Truck and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for myself. I was hoping for Trauma Center also but no luck. I did see extra copies of all the other games on the list.

Thanks Neo....I was able to grab the last Trauma Center at the Pearland, TX CC. They still had a number of other titles from the list, but no Excite Truck.

I'm buried at my home from all the snow we got. Unable to go out and find Trauma Center today. I'm sure it will be gone tomorrow >_

I scored a copy of Trauma Center today. At this store, it also wasn't in the clearance bin, but in the mess of the Wii section. It still had the full price sticker on it and was hidden (I don't know if it was intentional or not).

Anyway, thanks OP! I was upset that I couldn't find it for cheap at Target like some people did and didn't feel like paying how much they're going for new on eBay.

[quote name='josekortez']Already posted in the other thread, but today I got the following, all for Wii:

Alien Syndrome - $16.96
[/quote]

You have my deepest sympathy for this one. On the bright side, maybe you can use it as more than $17 trade-in credit somewhere. Just don't actually play it. That way lies madness.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I scored a copy of Trauma Center today. At this store, it also wasn't in the clearance bin, but in the mess of the Wii section. It still had the full price sticker on it and was hidden (I don't know if it was intentional or not).[/QUOTE]

Ditto at the Albany, NY store. Found a lone copy of Trauma Center, so they either didn't have anything else, or it was all pulled to be repriced. Either way, I went through every row of Wii games, and it's the only one I found.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I scored a copy of Trauma Center today. At this store, it also wasn't in the clearance bin, but in the mess of the Wii section. It still had the full price sticker on it and was hidden.[/quote]

Same here. Last one in Evansville, IN for Trauma Center, no Excite Trucks.

Anyone want to trade Trauma Center for Excite Truck straight up? There are plenty of TC at my CC, but no ET.

Also, I noticed my CC put out a bunch of games in a clearance bin I never knew were on clearance before, like Sonic Gems Collection (12.96) Bomberman Jetters (8.96) Taito Collection 2 (7.46) and more...

green bay...could not find trauma center or earth defense force, but scored excite truck. oh well, really wanted the other two also.

[quote name='drave117']You have my deepest sympathy for this one. On the bright side, maybe you can use it as more than $17 trade-in credit somewhere. Just don't actually play it. That way lies madness.[/QUOTE]

I haven't opened or played it yet, but it wouldn't be the first crap game I willingly paid more than $15 for before. Heck, I still have $16.96 games from before Thanksgiving that haven't been opened yet. And I'm not proud of that.

Thanks Neocisco, found a Trauma Center up in the Acworth CC. There's another one there, they were behind the other Trauma Center game. No Excitetruck, a couple of Fantastic 4s for the PS3, no Bigs for the PS3. That's all I remember.

i only found alien syndrome and fantastic four. didnt pick it up. wish i couldve gotten trauma center or excite truck ....

My CC had about 5 Wii Alien Syndrome but I didn't get. Scored last copy of Earth defense force for 360 from under the nose of some asian dude who was finger-walking through all the games along with his girlfriend. (I hope he wasn't a fellow CAG) It was in the last row right in front of the "W" section and him and his gal were only up to the "L" section. He looked at my hand and gave me a dirty look. Usually I'm the one who gives the dirty looks because I usually strike out with these sales. Hooraah for me...............By the way, it was still marked $39.99.

[quote name='joker______']neocisco which version of Marvel Ultimate Allience is it? the regular or PH?[/quote]

It should be either. I believe they both have the same UPC's.

[quote name='neocisco']It should be either. I believe they both have the same UPC's.[/quote]
ok thanks man ill look out for it now

Managed to find one copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and many many copies of Alien Syndrome/bee movie/fantastic four/tony hawk all for wii.

I picked up Ultimate Alliance, too bad, I'm sad I couldnt find any Trauma Center or Excite Truck.

SLC, UT

I picked up Excite Truck at the CC on La Cienega in Los Angeles, no luck in Santa Monica or Culver City.

But I did find Trauma Center Second Opinion in Culver City.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Second Opinion is really 16.96?
Last time I checked, it's always been 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]

You're confusing Second Opinion with New Blood . Trauma Center: New Blood is 49.99

I think it's Second Opinion.
My store sucks, I swear.
They probably looked at something wrong game when they rung it up.

The one that has people on the box, that's second opinion ,right?
Let's hope it's still there later today :/

Yes, looks like copies of Excitetruck and Trauma Center will be gone by the time I send my mother-in-law out there.

Anyone in the Tri-Cities, WA area see any of these titles?

I checked out both CCs in the Greenville,SC area on Friday. They pretty much had everything EXCEPT ExciteTruck, which was nowhere to be found. I grabbed Tony Hawk, Alien Syndrome (I know, It's terrible) and someone must have returned an Elebits as the price was torn off inside the plastic holder and it was buried in the regular section. I grabbed it too, although I know it's been on the list for a while, I was never able to find it.

Went to Anderson CC Saturday morning. As usual, this is the laziest of the three stores and all the clearance games were still marked full price and in-section. I grabbed the last Excitetruck. Awesome game.

I was interested in Trauma Center but I've already played the DS version and got frustrated with it. These games are not easy. Then I read that the Wii version doesn't support 16:9 so I decided to pass.

Tony Hawk, Excitetruck, and Elebits are all pretty good so far, Alien Syndrome is god-awful. Steer clear.

So I take it that these clearances need to be bought up within the first 24 hours or less. Basically if I wanted any of these games I should've been up and out of my house at 9 to get something?

[quote name='cheapwiigamer']So I take it that these clearances need to be bought up within the first 24 hours or less. Basically if I wanted any of these games I should've been up and out of my house at 9 to get something?[/quote]

Not entirely. Sometimes your local store may have sold out of their stock long before they went clearance.

And then there are the hoarders.....

[quote name='sp00ge']Not entirely. Sometimes your local store may have sold out of their stock long before they went clearance.

And then there are the hoarders.....[/quote]

Thanks. My problem is that I'm 30-40 minutes away from the Taget/CircuitCity/Best Buy/TRU area Mall locations. So it costs me about 6 bucks in gas to drive back and forth just to see if I could get a game. I rely on Amazon and other online outlets. Stupid College Location!:bomb:

[quote name='cheapwiigamer']So I take it that these clearances need to be bought up within the first 24 hours or less. Basically if I wanted any of these games I should've been up and out of my house at 9 to get something?[/quote]

It really is based on location.

Some CC's (including mine) don't mark most of their games when they hit the clearance prices and are mixed in with the full price games - I can usually snag most of the clearance titles at any time I want - or wait until they hopefully drop again.

Other CC's, on the other hand, will be picked clean ASAP - but after a few visits you should be able ot figure out with your local one is.

Dunno if this was a clearance or not... but I found the World Series of Poker 2008 Bracelets one for X-Box 360 for $19.99.

Was on a display rack. They had about 20 of em at the Champaign, IL store.

Bad time for me to be away for the weekend, I guess. I'll look for Excite Truck tomorrow, been waiting for that price forever.

[quote name='neocisco']It should be either. I believe they both have the same UPC's.[/QUOTE]

The Gold and PH version of Marvel alliance have different upc code. could only find the original version. Right now i am not sure if i should keep it.

Just nabbed Get On Da Mic (PS2) for $5.96!!

Looked at some various titles; was disappointed to see that Enchanted Arms (PS3) was still $19.99, as was All-Pro Football :(

I picked up Excite Truck on the 29th. Didn't know it was on the March Clearance until after I got back. Thought about Ultimate Alliance, but it's still cheaper at GS with the Edge card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back