Civ 4- CAG PitBoss Game! Game is over, victory to Jesse Dylan!

Just tested the server. Having a weird issue where the turn timer isn't starting, but I dunno what's up with that.

Other than that, it's good to go.

My copy of BtS arrived today! Hooray! I'll be installing tonight and ready to go whenever you guys want. I guess Logain needs to get the turn timer bug straight first. Those game settings look fine to me. As far as difficulty shouldn't we all be on the same setting?

[quote name='keithp']My copy of BtS arrived today! Hooray! I'll be installing tonight and ready to go whenever you guys want. I guess Logain needs to get the turn timer bug straight first. Those game settings look fine to me. As far as difficulty shouldn't we all be on the same setting?[/QUOTE]

Awesome! We'll get going on Thursday, to let everyone finalize their civ choices and for me to get things set up.

We don't need to be on the same setting, but I do recommend it. Unless someone is super experienced, we should be close. Having a King or whatever the top difficulty is playing with Settlers will unbalance things. I plan on playing on Chieftain.

I *think* the turn timer is because Advanced Start is on. I can't say for sure, but I have a good guess.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this, but can we turn off barbarians? I find they unnecessarily slow the game down.

[quote name='bvharris']When are you planning to start? I may jump in on this.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Thursday.

I installed BtS--silly me, I thought it would just add content to my existing Civ4 install and I didn't realize I had to have the BtS CD in, so I put the Civ4 "play" CD in and didn't have any BtS content--d'oh! Got it straight and I'm ready to go.

[quote name='csalzman']Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this, but can we turn off barbarians? I find they unnecessarily slow the game down.[/QUOTE]

I bloody hate barbarians. Fine by me if everyone's cool with it.

[quote name='bvharris']When are you planning to start? I may jump in on this.[/QUOTE]

Thursday is go day. You're more than welcome to jump in if you'd like :)

[quote name='keithp']Looks like Thursday.

I installed BtS--silly me, I thought it would just add content to my existing Civ4 install and I didn't realize I had to have the BtS CD in, so I put the Civ4 "play" CD in and didn't have any BtS content--d'oh! Got it straight and I'm ready to go.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, everyone make sure you have the most update version. It'll prompt you for an update when you try to connect to gamespy. The reason I bring it up is because the last patch removes the CD check :)

So are we all playing on Chieftain? I've ONLY played on Settler so far, so I'm scared. :)

Logain PM'd me and I need to get back to him. :) What difficulty is everyone else playing on? I don't want an unfair advantage or anything, but there's no doubt about the fact that I'm a beginner.

Speaking of WoW, I haven't played it since before the Christmas sale, and I feel guilty. I'm sure my guild is annoyed at me and thinks I'm dead. eek.

I said Settler, since most of us are newbs, but I don't know what I'm doing. If we all need to be on Chieftain difficulty, then we can do that.

Thanks Logain for setting everything up and organizing everything. I appreciate it.
----------------

Jesse, which WoW server do you play on?

Yup, I was going to say Settler too, but I have no idea how it's supposed to work! :)

And yes, thanks Logain! :D

I'm on... uh... what the heck server AM I on..............

Oh yeah, Cho'gall. I chose it because I wanted to be Alliance but didn't want to be overpopulated. I think the ratio is like 11 horde there for every alliance. :)

I always thought I'd play horde on a different server and do PvE, but I got so busy on Cho'gall that I never had a chance. I should log back in sometime soon. I just get too into it and burn out and then disappear like this.

Hey, NP guys. I've been wanting to do some MP Civ4 forever, glad to get it going :)

The difficulty is really more of a handicap for people who've played before. It'll balance things between people who don't know what their doing and people who know to use Catapults to reduce down enemy +defense on cities, for example.

As long as we're within one or two steps, we're good :)

Not only do I not know to use catapults, I don't even know to attack the enemy (shhh, I shouldn't give away that I'm a pacifist!).

Anyway, Logain said he thinks it'll be okay if I'm on Settler. :p

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Not only do I not know to use catapults, I don't even know to attack the enemy (shhh, I shouldn't give away that I'm a pacifist!).

[/QUOTE]

So we all go after Jesse first? ;)

I tried PMing you logain but it says your inbox is full.

leader = cesaer
difficulty = normal

please change my username to mikespit1
I can't log in with the one I posted, sorry.

And then my archers spring forth, BAH HAAAAA!!!! And chariots pour from my cities, overwhelming the world in a sea of blood!!!

And the leaders of the world curse my settler difficulty level.

[quote name='mikespit1']I tried PMing you logain but it says your inbox is full.

leader = cesaer
difficulty = normal

I can't log in with the one I posted, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Huh. That's what I get for never clearing out my inbox.

I'm sure I have crap in there from 2003.

I'll make the changes and clear stuff out. Thanks :)

[quote name='mikespit1']I tried PMing you logain but it says your inbox is full.

leader = cesaer
difficulty = normal

I can't log in with the one I posted, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Um, by "normal" do you mean Chieftain or Noble?

[quote name='mikespit1']Whichever is easier.[/QUOTE]

Ok, cool. I'll set you to Chieftain.

And for everyone who hasn't seen the front page, go time is Tomorrow at approx 12pm PST. Everyone will get login instructions, game name and pw at that time.

I still have not heard from Treymoney on what he wants or if he's still planning on playing. Please check your PM box, Trey.

Exciting!! I'm a little nervous.

I should look up each leaders traits to see how that means everyone will be playing. (Or maybe they're just mind-effing us and are going to, say, pick Ghengis Khan and then be all peaceful and stuff.)

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!![/QUOTE]

Stop trying to psyche us out with your aggressive overconfidence.

The Pitboss game is now available! All players are now able to login and begin playing.

To login to the game follow the below instructions:

1. Go into "Multiplayer" then "Internet" and login to gamespy. You're now at the in-game browser.

2. Locate the "Cheap Ass Gamer Pitboss!" Game and login. The Game Password will be PMed.

3. Select your civilization and choose a civilization password. This makes sure that no one else can login to your side. Begin play!

IMPORTANT: When choosing a Civ for the first time, make sure you select the Civ you chose! Selecting this Civ will "claim" it.

4. This game is completely setup with Civ4's Email features. You can get automatic emails from the server when your turn is available. To set this up, go to "Your Details" in the options menu.

We'll also be using PlayYourTurn.com to track the game. It's basically just a graph of events and score changes.

To claim a Civ on the PlayYourTurn.com website, register a user and find game ID: 47. Click the hand icon and input your Civ Password. This will also be PMed.

And that should be it! Let me know if you have problems.

Ha, I had no idea what I was doing with the whole advanced start or whatever it was.

So after we get done doing what we can do, we just end the turn and exit to desktop?

I also put my e-mail address in, hoping it would e-mail me fun stuff. :)

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Ha, I had no idea what I was doing with the whole advanced start or whatever it was.

So after we get done doing what we can do, we just end the turn and exit to desktop?

I also put my e-mail address in, hoping it would e-mail me fun stuff. :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, just end turn and exit.

And the turn timer thing looks to be a bug on your side. It's still telling me 0:00:00 on the server.

What does the uploader do??

I think the turn timer is bugged on the PlayYourTurn.com side.

I totally hamstrung myself by buying my units before buying my techs. oops! The whole advanced start stuff was new to me. :)

[quote name='leahthevegan']Should I get the PlayYourTurn.com Uploader Tool ?[/QUOTE]

No. The uploader is only for the server. It's what the PYT site uses to record everything.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']

I think the turn timer is bugged on the PlayYourTurn.com side.

I totally hamstrung myself by buying my units before buying my techs. oops! The whole advanced start stuff was new to me. :)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised. Play Your Turn is still pretty new, but I thought it'd be cool.

And whups :) Sall good, shouldn't hurt too badly.

Edit: Play Your Turn is DEFINITLY buggy, since it thinks I'm dead.

Huh. Maybe we won't use that site, hahaha.

[quote name='csalzman']That has to be some kind of record :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, I haven't played my turn yet ;)

Will log in after dinner. Thanks Logain!!

Does the 24 hour timer start after the last person takes their turn? I'm all paranoid that I'm going to miss my turn.

[quote name='mikespit1']I logged in and took my turn. Looks like it went through. Do I need save or send my mobves or anything or does it just sync up?[/QUOTE]

I saved my game, but didn't need to send anything.

[quote name='mikespit1']I logged in and took my turn. Looks like it went through. Do I need save or send my mobves or anything or does it just sync up?[/QUOTE]

The server auto-saves, though if you wish to save the game yourself, you can :)

[quote name='leahthevegan']Does the 24 hour timer start after the last person takes their turn? I'm all paranoid that I'm going to miss my turn.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. We're still waiting on Treymoney and Humidore to take their turns and get setup.

[quote name='Logain8955']
Yeah. We're still waiting on Treymoney and Humidore to take their turns and get setup.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so if one person doesn't log in for a day or two it holds the whole group up? I was thinking they would just miss their turn.

The only time that people not taking their turn holds everyone up is during the first turn of Advanced Start.

Which is...exactly....when people aren't taking their turn.....

=\

[quote name='leahthevegan']The best part about Playyourturn is that we can see everyone obsessively logging in to check on their game. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah. I've been using it to see if Humidore and Trey have taken their turns.

Like, every 15 min.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I'm just paranoid I'll miss a turn or something. I hope I can sleep tonight.

You think I'm joking![/QUOTE]

Haha, addict :p

In any case, once the new turn starts, we'll have a full 24 hours to play it. Also, if you put in your email, you'll get an email from [email protected] every time a new turn is available.

bread's done
Back