Civ 4- CAG PitBoss Game! Game is over, victory to Jesse Dylan!

By the way, how do I get it to e-mail me when it's my turn? I put my e-mail address into the "your details" section, but i haven't gotten any e-mails. Is it something to do with playyourturn.com? I was under the impression we weren't using that anymore but maybe I was wrong and we are.

oh, sorry, I didn't realize I was still awake.

I dunno. The email's not a feature of PlayYourTurn, but it's part of Civ4 itself.

I thought I configured it appropriately, but I guess not.

I've only been using PYT to see who's taken their turn. The event log is what I'm looking at when I look at it. I might as well leave it running.

Edit: After some quick googling, it looks like the email within Civ4 is broken. Bah. It looks like someone out there in the internet wrote an app to do it, I'll look into it more probably tomorrow.

Crap, sorry, guys. I've just had the worst 2 weeks of my life. I see that you've set my guy to AI. Can I still enter in?

[quote name='Treymoney']Crap, sorry, guys. I've just had the worst 2 weeks of my life. I see that you've set my guy to AI. Can I still enter in?[/QUOTE]

Aw man, that sucks to hear. Hope things pick up for you dude.

You can definitely still get in, I turned Take Over AI on. I'll PM you the login instructions.

Cool, thanks. I just logged in and took my turn. I assume I don't need to do anything to end my turn, and that it will happen automatically at the end of the day?

Here's the thing: the end turn button isn't showing up. I even tried the Shift+Enter quick key and nothing happens. I keep getting a flashing text that says "Waiting for Other Civilizations" that I think has something to do with it. What am I doing wrong?

[quote name='Logain8955']Unfortunatly, it is too late, Ernie. We can put you on as an alternate if someone drops though.
[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I have been a huge Civ fan since buying Civ III back in 2003. I have Civ 4 with all the expansions. I hope to play with you guys one day. Anyhow, I hope the game goes well and I'll be watching this thread for updates:)

[quote name='humidore']Ok, just got back from my trip...and was able to login my gamespy account through the game. So I'm ready to get annihilated![/QUOTE]

Oh, awesome, welcome back Humidore :)

We've changed how to connect to the server, Gamespy was a giant PITA and never worked.

I'll PM the new details to you.

Oh, humidore, dunno if the PYT thing just isn't registering it, but make sure to always hit End Turn when you log out. It speeds things along and saves the game, in case of server crash :)

Oh ok...it said "Waiting for other civs" when I logged in, so I thought it was stuck on someone elses turn. I would still hit End Turn regardless yea?

I feel bad that Ernie can't play. Next time, Ernie!! (Or if someone drops.)

Looks like Mikespit has 2 hours to take his turn. I've totally got the jump on him. My little Buddhist minions are going to culturally dominate his puny heathen city. Until he gets pissed and sends warriors. :) Someone hurry up and research the UN to save me!

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I feel bad that Ernie can't play. Next time, Ernie!! (Or if someone drops.)
[/QUOTE]

Can we play a second game?

[quote name='leahthevegan']Can we play a second game?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that running 2 pitbosses on the same DirectIP connection would mess things up, I have no idea how it would determine what game was what.

I could look into it if I get some time later on though.

Discs found and installed. I don't mind running a DirectIP PitBoss game if Logain can give me the basics of doing so? It's been quite a while since I've ran one, not sure what ports are used, etc. Not sure what game start options people would want either.

Yikes I almost missed my turn! You really gotta watch in case everyone takes their turn and the timer starts earlier than you're anticipating. Guess that means mikespit is still alive after all. He has... uh... 10 more points now... :)

Ernie, leahthevegan, 52club - still interested in a PitBoss game? You three, myself and my roommate would make 5.

Wondering if it would limit the roommate and I from joining the same game being as we're on the same network as my pc hosting the game

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I totally missed a turn yesterday. Maybe two. I'm annoyed at myself.[/QUOTE]

Since you're 50 points ahead of me, I'm just going to say... GOOD! ;)

I'm not sure those points mean much... I've been ahead the whole time! :) I may have the unfair advantage of Mikespit just sitting there waiting for me to absorb him tho. I think he's missed like 5 turns.

I'm not sure! I think I did miss one yesterday. It's hard to keep track, because if we all take our turn, then it starts the clock sooner. But yup, otherwise we get 24 hours. Mike must have miraculously taken a turn or something. :)

Hey, leahthepostdeleter :)

I dont think your lose much if you miss a turn, other than moving your units around. Tech still gets researched and cities still produce whatever you have on que.

[quote name='csalzman']I dont think your lose much if you miss a turn, other than moving your units around. Tech still gets researched and cities still produce whatever you have on que.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I typically miss a turn on the weekends, I haven't been affected too badly.

Still can't figure out this Python error when I'm trying to host the pitboss. Once that's solved I'll get the 2nd game going. /sigh

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Jessetheveganwhoeatsmikesvillageinafewturns[/QUOTE]

Are villages vegan? Better read the ingredients list first.

Still can't figure out this Python error when I'm trying to host the pitboss. Once that's solved I'll get the 2nd game going. /sigh

Sorry. I don't know anything about it.

I'm surprised I still have the most points. I keep making totally assinine decisions. I put a town in about the most strategically useless, least viable spot I could find. And now I'm mad at them because they won't hurry up with that granary. :)

How's everyone else doing?

I wish that feature for getting an e-mail when it's your turn would work. This game came out how many years ago and they haven't fixed that? They should just take it out of the game if it's never gonna work. I understand that maybe we're in the minority of folks who play this way, but it would be pretty handy.

/ragequit

Scoring in Civ is kind of hard to calculate, its kind of a combination of tech level, culture, great wonders, and overall happiness - but its mostly an indication of research level. Did you find any tech in goody huts? That's the easiest way to get off to a high score quick.

bread's done
Back