Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueLobstah']If Japan is any indication, the platinum reward is always going to be a calendar.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean gold?

Strangely a bunch of surveys now have a 2016 expiration, Twilight Princess and some others included. I wonder if they extended the expiration to 10 years for select games?

Doesn't look like much rhyme or reason to it. At first I was thinking it was all the games that count prior to December 2008, but then it excludes Wario Ware.

Here's my list of 2016 expirations:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Tetris DS
Elite Beat Agents
Clubhouse Games
Big Brain Academy DS
Brain Age
Yoshi's Island DS
New Super Mario Bros. DS

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when I went back to my parents house for Thanksgiving I received my Mario hat from them. Its pretty freaking sweet, I have it hanging around my apartment now.

I finally did decide to bite on that Game and Watch Collection, why the hell not. And I'm a Gold member now after registering several Wii games, yay! 250 more points and I can be a Platinium member again. I'm not sure if there are even that many games I want...

Sitting on 700 points currently and can easily register some more to reach 800 points. Not sure if I want to get the Game & Watch Collection, the Hanafuda Cards, or just wait for something better to come along.

But I fear we will never have as cool stuff in our store as Japan gets. :(

I just joined up and registered everything this weekend to get up to Platinum. I still have a few I was waiting on in case something cool comes out, but at this point I think I am going to go for that animal crossing case/styli..I just suck so terribly bad at the original Donkey Kong for the game & watch collection.

Anyone bought the game case/styli combos? Are they worth it? The Animal Crossing one would be a great stocking stuffer for the girlfriend.

Are there any recommendations for a reward I should aim to get? I've got 380 points at the moment and I was kind of interested in the Zelda posters at 350 points or the Super Mario Bros. DS game and stylus case for 600 points. I like the artwork on the posters, though the SMB case seems like the more practical item since I could use a simple case to store games for travel rather than using the sandwich bag I've used for years.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Are there any recommendations for a reward I should aim to get? I've got 380 points at the moment and I was kind of interested in the Zelda posters at 350 points or the Super Mario Bros. DS game and stylus case for 600 points. I like the artwork on the posters, though the SMB case seems like the more practical item since I could use a simple case to store games for travel rather than using the sandwich bag I've used for years.[/QUOTE]

While the case is nice... the posters are awesome.

I'm back up to Platinum! I still have 1800 coins. Will there be something better than the Hanafuda and Game&Watch Collection?

[quote name='Cambot']I'm back up to Platinum! I still have 1800 coins. Will there be something better than the Hanafuda and Game&Watch Collection?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo doesn't announce what prizes they may offer ahead of time. All we can do is just wait for them to appear on the website.

I registered my copy of Spirit Tracks this morning, and with the intend to buy bonus, it gave me 50 coins.

[quote name='KingBroly']I registered my copy of Spirit Tracks this morning, and with the intend to buy bonus, it gave me 50 coins.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I guess the base game must be worth 40 coins since the game is $35.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']While the case is nice... the posters are awesome.[/QUOTE]
Have the posters been on there long? I'm guessing that they're LE unlilke the cases, which I've seen on there since CN started. I'll probably get the posters.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Same here. I guess the base game must be worth 40 coins since the game is $35.[/QUOTE]

This:

[quote name='snipegod']Don't you get 10 coins for registering newly released games within a timeframe after release?[/QUOTE]

I think if you register a game within the first 4 weeks (if I remember correctly), you get a bonus 10. So 30+10 (new release)+10 (intend to buy)=max of 50 coins for a DS game.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']This:

I think if you register a game within the first 4 weeks (if I remember correctly), you get a bonus 10. So 30+10 (new release)+10 (intend to buy)=max of 50 coins for a DS game.[/QUOTE]

And wouldn't the post play survey give you another 10?

[quote name='xycury']And wouldn't the post play survey give you another 10?[/QUOTE]
I wasn't counting post-play, just the maximum initial amount, but yes, the post-play should give you another 10.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Have the posters been on there long? I'm guessing that they're LE unlilke the cases, which I've seen on there since CN started. I'll probably get the posters.[/QUOTE]

Posters have been up since about September of this year.

Awwwwwwww snap, check out the new awards guys, not bad methinks
bowser_folder_set_big_1.jpg
toad_folder_set_big_1.jpg
mario_folder_set_big_1.jpg
marioluigi_greeting_card_set_big_1.jpg
nintendogs_greeting_cards_big_1.jpg

bah they should be 150.... if the posters were 350, this "back to school" sets are way over priced.

Kinda lame. I think for 450, you should get all 3 sets. 9 folders/bookmarks.

OP has been updated listing the new rewards.

I was thinking about putting direct links in the rewards section for each item which would send you to the item page directly. Does anyone think this is a good/bad idea?

New Rewards:

Bowser Folder Set w/ Bookmarks

Toad & Friends Folder Set w/ Bookmarks

Mario & Friends Folder Set w/ Bookmarks

Mario & Luigi Greeting Card Set

Nintendogs Greeting Card Set

Rewards removed:

White DS game card holder

Silver DS game card holder w/ stylus

[quote name='KingBroly']OP has been updated listing the new rewards.

I was thinking about putting direct links in the rewards section for each item which would send you to the item page directly. Does anyone think this is a good/bad idea?[/QUOTE]

Do it! I suggest you do it in a spoiler to reduce clutter?

Also, in the OP- change the DS lite case from 300 coins to 400 coins.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Is Wii Sports Resort eligible for Club Nintendo? My brother's getting it for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is.

[quote name='maximumzero']Wait, anyone have pictures of what was removed? Wasn't the silver DS Lite case with silver stylus removed a long time ago?[/QUOTE]

It was removed, and then it came back (I think??)

Why are the new items SO expensive? The 3 poster set makes them all look like a huge rip off...

With that said- I may get the Bowser folder set... looks really nice.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Why are the new items SO expensive? The 3 poster set makes them all look like a huge rip off...

With that said- I may get the Bowser folder set... looks really nice.[/QUOTE]

So I am not crazy to think that 3 paper folders and 3 bookmarks are just outrageous at 250 each.

I am finally glad to get the posters... at 350, it's a steal compared to everything else.

I do like hte Bowser set, but I don't see Dry Bones or Goomba... maybe the folders are double different sided?

These new prizes suck! I feel they didn't look at any of the surveys we did for the bonus 30 coins, and decided to screw with us.

[quote name='Squarehard']These new prizes suck! I feel they didn't look at any of the surveys we did for the bonus 30 coins, and decided to screw with us.[/QUOTE]
These prizes were likely in the process of being made before the survey went out. There's no way they could turn all those surveys around in a month's time, and use them to come up with new prizes so quickly.

I guess this is really the instant gratification generation. :roll:

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']These prizes were likely in the process of being made before the survey went out. There's no way they could turn all those surveys around in a month's time, and use them to come up with new prizes so quickly.

I guess this is really the instant gratification generation. :roll:[/QUOTE]

That and it's better than NOTHING. People are getting a little too uppity about this Club Nintendo thing. Don't you people remember less than 18 months ago Nintendo didn't give out ANY freebies for buying their shit?

[quote name='maximumzero']That and it's better than NOTHING. People are getting a little too uppity about this Club Nintendo thing. Don't you people remember less than 18 months ago Nintendo didn't give out ANY freebies for buying their shit?[/QUOTE]

too uppity???

This is because the comparision to what they get...

Over us, there is 3 soundtrack CDs, 3 games, 1 handheld game as a Plat member, one game toy, and a mario pin. And that's just stuff I want.

http://translate.google.com/transla...r/exec/entranceNaviPointStructure&sl=ja&tl=en

I'd LOVE to get any of that... would gladly make my coin count to 0 for that stuff....

we get fucking stationary....

no, this is past uppity. just unfair.

Hey, we can compare until the cows come home (do MS/Sony first-party titles come with any perks?) but at least they're doing something.

However, I will say that the new prizes seem geared towards school-age children, most of whom don't know anything about the code in the pamphlet. I've bought quite a few used games off of parents and found the code totally unused.

I think most of us are/were excited about Club Nintendo after seeing some of the cool stuff Japan got. We need to remember though that it was mainly the cool stuff that got reported over here...assuredly they had their clunker prizes, but we either forgot about them or never saw them reported.

As long as my coins aren't expiring, I have no problem waiting for items of worth to make it to the store.

[quote name='Salamando3000']I think most of us are/were excited about Club Nintendo after seeing some of the cool stuff Japan got. We need to remember though that it was mainly the cool stuff that got reported over here...assuredly they had their clunker prizes, but we either forgot about them or never saw them reported.

As long as my coins aren't expiring, I have no problem waiting for items of worth to make it to the store.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'll stock up my coins until there are better prizes.

What if that's all we get?

Next year will be stickers, and pens with the words Nintendo written on it.

Just saying we're still getting the shaft on this club stuff.... I wouldn't call anything "swag" except for maybe the posters and the G&W game.

Cards, wiimote holders, crappy game holders, and staionary don't cut it.

I want something that will last, look nice, and not something I could probably find at a store. Mario Hat was a great plat gift.

I guess I'm just more upset that we don't get any soundtracks, since Nintendo doesn't really release them with games like LEs.

They have potential but making a BIG email and say, WE GOTZ FOLDERZ AND CARDZ... just is lame.

Looking at the rewards for the Japanese Club Nintendo, I can see clunkers in there. Each program has its own positives. If I see something cool I'll use my coins. No sense in worrying about something we haven't gotten yet or will ever. Too each his own I guess.

Yup, never fails. I spend my coins and new things appear. Y'all are welcome.

EDIT - But after looking over the new items, I feel better. By the time I have a decent number of coins built up again, maybe we'll get something better. (although the Bowser folders are cute).

While I won't disagree with the Japan-gets-better-stuff argument, I like the new items, especially the Bowser folder set. I haven't shown the new stuff to my kids yet, but I think it's safe to say that they are going to want to spend some coins on some of them.

[quote name='crunchewy']While I won't disagree with the Japan-gets-better-stuff argument, I like the new items, especially the Bowser folder set. I haven't shown the new stuff to my kids yet, but I think it's safe to say that they are going to want to spend some coins on some of them.[/QUOTE]

I almost got a folder set... but the more I thought about it- it is pointless for a 22 year old. I don't need folders anymore. I would spend coins just to have and preserve them. I decided againsted it after that realization.

These are the rewards I have thus far:

Game & Watch Collection
Hanafuda Cards
Zelda 3-poster set

I really want that golden link statue from Europe/Japan.....

I would settle for an Arwing replica though!

I have to use most of my coins before the year ends though- I don't want to lose them.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I have to use most of my coins before the year ends though- I don't want to lose them.[/QUOTE]

Uh... no you don't. The earliest any coins can expire will be June 30th, 2011. You have plenty of time.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Hey, we can compare until the cows come home (do MS/Sony first-party titles come with any perks?) but at least they're doing something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unlike Nintendo, MS/Sony first-party titles come with a big perk, a good game.

I kid... I kid... :D

I've been away from anything nintendo related for over a year now. Nice surprise to see all the postplay/bonus surveys that will basically push me from 10 coins up to 270 :D

Are there any newer Wii games that give points? The lists in the first post look basically the same with older games that I've already registered...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']
I have to use most of my coins before the year ends though- I don't want to lose them.[/QUOTE]
Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?
Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back