Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KingBroly']You know, I have a funny feeling that Monster Hunter Tri might have Club Nintendo points in it. At least the bundle version.[/QUOTE]

It won't. Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods Pro Tour 2010 did not have Club Nintendo points and those were bundled with Wii MotionPlus.

[quote name='david12795']Not bad. But im more worried at the price than quality. Unless that frame you bought is going to like collapse D:

But all in all, I just want a poster frame that has a black border around it and won't collapse on me.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's this frame with the borders that pull apart and a stiff cardboard backing. I've used these for posters before, and they're somewhat durable; I just eventually want something that is a little nicer myself.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I believe it's this frame with the borders that pull apart and a stiff cardboard backing. I've used these for posters before, and they're somewhat durable; I just eventually want something that is a little nicer myself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will check that out at my local target :D
If the borders don't satiify me, then I could always spare a few bucks more for another one.

Got the flower cards... They are much smaller than I thought. So should I save my codes for next year's platnium or use them to buy those Animal Crossing cards.

[quote name='Hostile']Do coins ever expire? I'm talking about the coins on your account and not the ones waiting for you to take them.[/QUOTE]

Coins do expire. But the earliest they'll expire is at the end of the next Club Nintendo year, so 2011.

[quote name='snowmint']Got the flower cards... They are much smaller than I thought. So should I save my codes for next year's platnium or use them to buy those Animal Crossing cards.[/QUOTE]
Unless I'm mistaken, all Hanafuda cards are smaller than traditional playing cards.

[quote name='david12795']I don't get it. I am 100 coins away from platium and what is the difference? More rewards?[/QUOTE]

you get a better freebie at the end of the Club's year (June).

Like last year the regular people got a calendar while the plat members got to choose between a life size Mario hat or what amounted to a Punch-Out demo (Doc Louis Training)

[quote name='fart_bubble']you get a better freebie at the end of the Club's year (June).

Like last year the regular people got a calendar while the plat members got to choose between a life size Mario hat or what amounted to a Punch-Out demo (Doc Louis Training)[/QUOTE]

IMO

calendar > game. Can we get both if we are a platinum member? :D

ehh i guess ill add more coins.

No we can't get both unforunately.

There's not much to update on the Club Nintendo front I'm afraid. Nothing's really changed over the last couple of weeks, which is disappointing.

Thanks for the heads up on Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Added both to my intend to buy's.

I went through my list of games to register yet and to do post-plays on, and next CN year I'll already be up to over 500 points, so well on my way for next year. I doubt I'm going to be able to manage two Platinum's again, though. I sure hope this years platinum rewards are good....

[quote name='crunchewy']Thanks for the heads up on Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Added both to my intend to buy's.

I went through my list of games to register yet and to do post-plays on, and next CN year I'll already be up to over 500 points, so well on my way for next year. I doubt I'm going to be able to manage two Platinum's again, though. I sure hope this years platinum rewards are good....[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I reached Platimun on Day 1 of this year. If I went through and did all the surveys I have sitting in my account now, I'd have an additional 1,160 coins (like, in addition to the ones I've already completed). *sigh*

New prizes were announced today during the Nintendo Media Summit!

They are:

Mario Posters,
Game and Watch Collection 2 (DS),
Grill-Off with Ultra Hand (WiiWare)

I think everyone is missing the bigger Club Nintendo related item here.

Dragon Quest IX will have Club Nintendo points since Nintendo is publishing it here.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think everyone is missing the bigger Club Nintendo related item here.

Dragon Quest IX will have Club Nintendo points since Nintendo is publishing it here.[/QUOTE]

While awesome, it isn't a bigger deal than new prizes!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I will grab all of those. Do we have pricing on the prizes?[/QUOTE]

There is no information regarding pricing and when it will be availabe.

I also, am going to get all 3. I hope the Mario posters are as nice as the Zelda ones!

TWO New Intend to Buys are now available on Club Nintendo

Can you guess what they are? It's quite obvious if you think about it.

Hint:
They're both Pokemon games

[quote name='KingBroly']TWO New Intend to Buys are now available on Club Nintendo

Can you guess what they are? It's quite obvious if you think about it.

Hint:
They're both Pokemon games
[/QUOTE]

This was already posted. Check post #162.

Thanks though :whistle2:D

[quote name='flameofdoom666']This was already posted. Check post #162.

Thanks though :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Post 162 has been deleted so that I may maintain my dignity ;)

Grill-Off with Ultra Hand (WiiWare)

That is the best news ever. Ok, so it probably sucks, but I like the concept. I will be using points for that for sure... next CN year. Hopefully it's still available then.

[quote name='crunchewy']Grill-Off with Ultra Hand (WiiWare)

That is the best news ever. Ok, so it probably sucks, but I like the concept. I will be using points for that for sure... next CN year. Hopefully it's still available then.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember, but I think it was only 50 coins in Japan. Since we get more coins per game, hopefully it will only be 75 or 100 coins.

I am definately going to get it, with Game & Watch collection 2.

I love collectable/exclusive games!

I love the collectible game thing, too. I don't even have a DS but I had to get the G&W Collection, anyway.

I'd love to see a 'History of Mario' poster. That'd be fun for the rec room.

More games = Win

I'm never going to complain about free games, even if I only play them for a little bit. Although I have to admit, I have put in a fair amount of hours in G&WDS though...

So hell yeah, sequel!

[quote name='cochesecochese']No posters before Zelda. Bummer, I know.[/QUOTE]

Japan had the Zelda posters, and we eventually got them.

Are you aware of Japan having a set of Mario posters? Maybe it would be the same set??

[quote name='cochesecochese']No posters before Zelda. Bummer, I know.[/QUOTE]

Hey, if anything, I'm just glad nintendo decided to give zelda postes. :D

[quote name='FallMoon']My points are going to expire in the Summer :( I mean, points do take 2 years to expire, right?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure when the first batch expire, but here is what I do to try to ensure they won't ever expire:

I have a TON of surveys to still do, because the dates are years away.

I try to only use 600 coins a year, per two account. Basically for platinum. I will select my prizes with that. If the Game and Watch collection 2 is 800 like the first one, I would fill out enough surveys to get that, and have 0 coins left. I try to leave no leftovers if possible.

[quote name='FallMoon']My points are going to expire in the Summer :( I mean, points do take 2 years to expire, right?[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure the first batch of coins do not expire until June 2011, but I am not 100% positive on that.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I am pretty sure the first batch of coins do not expire until June 2011, but I am not 100% positive on that.[/QUOTE]

The soonest any coins can expire is June 30th, 2011. And those would be coins redeemed last Nintendo year (2008-2009). Don't worry, your coins are safe for another year and a quarter.

Couple guys on Slickdeals mentioned that if you register your Wii Fit Plus (with Balance Board) code, Nintendo is sending out balance board duffel bags or something. Apparently the game only code doesn't get you the bag.

[quote name='snipegod']Couple guys on Slickdeals mentioned that if you register your Wii Fit Plus (with Balance Board) code, Nintendo is sending out balance board duffel bags or something. Apparently the game only code doesn't get you the bag.[/QUOTE]

I have had my Wii Fit Plus w/ Balance Board registered since launch and have not received anything. I'll post here if I end up getting something.

Dammit, I need a new case and forgot all about the 'club'. Went in excited to get one and realized I only had 250 points out of the 400 needed. Gotta find something else to carry my DS in.

I'm currently at 540 points for this year, enough for Gold. I have enough points to get Platinum, but judging by the rewards last year (I was Gold and preferred the calendar to the DLC/hat) I may just save my points for the next calendar year. Thoughts?

^ i dont remember, did they announce the rewards after the year was over or before (so you could decide/finish getting points). Otherwise, I think as Platinum you can choose either reward? I'm prob wrong on both counts.

[quote name='Arakias']^ i dont remember, did they announce the rewards after the year was over or before (so you could decide/finish getting points). Otherwise, I think as Platinum you can choose either reward? I'm prob wrong on both counts.[/QUOTE]

They announced the platinum/gold rewards AFTER the year closed out.

Also, if you are platinum, you cannot select the gold reward (you should be able too......). You are locked into your category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back