Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KingBroly']You still get a receipt for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - but someone asked about ordering it with one account and using it on a Wii not tied to that account. Looks like you could.

Got Grill Off with Ultra Hand going to wait until the end of this club nintendo year to enter more so I can get platinum for next year and game and watch 2.

[quote name='KingBroly']THREE NEW ITEMS FOR PURCHASE
Grill-Off with Ultra Hand - 80 coins (128 blocks)
Club Nintendo Mario 3-Poster Series - 350 coins
Game & Watch Collection 2 - 800 coins[/QUOTE]

Wooohoooo!

Ordering all 3!

Will possibly get the Mario posters. Not interested in the other two items, unless I can sell them or trade them for something good, heh.

I did my Super Paper Mario post-play survey so I could get those Mario posters. Now I'm at 0 coins and I'm waiting for the new year.

Please don't release Metroid posters before then Nintendo.

Grill-Off with Ultra Hand is surprisingly hard. The controls are really complex.

Just got my download code. Will get later. The video on the website looks absolutely insane. But perhaps, the people flapping their arms to play the game look more insane.

I am definately getting the Game & Watch Collection 2 and Grill Off With Ultra hand... but the posters... hmmm....

I want to get them, and I can afford them- but they are vastly inferior to the Zelda posters, which look magnificent.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I am definately getting the Game & Watch Collection 2 and Grill Off With Ultra hand... but the posters... hmmm....

I want to get them, and I can afford them- but they are vastly inferior to the Zelda posters, which look magnificent.[/QUOTE]

Really? I like the fact that the three Mario posters are (mostly) original artwork and not very title-specific, as opposed to the two Zelda posters which is basically the artwork for two very specific titles. I also feel the history of Mario poster is far superior to the characters-on-white theme of the Zelda poster...

[quote name='UncleBob']Really? I like the fact that the three Mario posters are (mostly) original artwork and not very title-specific, as opposed to the two Zelda posters which is basically the artwork for two very specific titles. I also feel the history of Mario poster is far superior to the characters-on-white theme of the Zelda poster...[/QUOTE]

While it is cool that both Mairo posters are 'unique' rather than the japanese boxart for the game (Twilight Princess/Phantom Hourglass), I think the boxart images are overall nicer.

Also, I find the Zelda history poster more elegant than the Mario one. The mario one seems like it was trying to hard.... I don't know.

I don't think it is bad at all, I am just hesitating because I thought the Zelda ones were amazing.

Knowing me, I will end up getting them.

I would KILL for a Metroid poster set! Or a Metroid anything.... lol

With you on this one flame...I think the Zelda posters were much better looking and I had to order them the minute they went up on the site.

These Mario ones, while cool, just aren't grabbing me and I have yet to place an order.

-mattyp

While the Mario posters aren't as nice as the Zelda ones, I went ahead and ordered them anyway. There's only a few items I'm interested in, and I had the points to spare.

I'll probably get Ultra Hand at some point, but I want to reach platinum status on my second account first. Just need 100 more points...

Love the posters.

couldn't care any less about G&W. I'll wait when they actually FILL UP the cart and put all of them on one.

damn ultra-hand is about as bad... if it was a mini-multi-game thing, sure... but just the grills? Bah.

at least now I'm down from 1080 to 730, and still have 1000s of surveys left to do....

I hope Plat member prize/present is awesome this year.

Is there any particular reason why a registration code wouldn't give me points/coins? I got Picross DS a few weeks ago and when I put the code in, it accepted it but then told me I wouldn't get any points up front or any surveys afterward for more points. I don't think it would have taken it if it was already used, but I didn't think that codes from before a certain date offered no benefits.

The game was too old and wasn't retroactively put into the Club Nintendo program. The OP has a list of all Wii/DS/WW/VC games that apply.

Wish you could order the 3 Mario posters individually, I like the Mario and Family one.

Don't have the coins now, but may pick those up when I get Galaxy 2.

[quote name='Kaoz']Wish you could order the 3 Mario posters individually, I like the Mario and Family one.
[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same thought when I saw them. I really like that one, and somewhat want the History of Mario one, but I find the third one (with the big Mario and arc of Mario in various positions) to be a little much. I'll probably end up ordering them anyway, seeing as I have 1190 coins, multiple surveys waiting, and SMG2/Metroid upcoming for another 100-120 coins.

Is there a page further explaining the Netflix offer? I have the Netflix disc and have used it and my Wii shop is connected to my account but it hasn't offered me any coins.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Has anybody played the WiiWare game yet?[/QUOTE]

I just ordered it. I'll let my kids play through it when they get home from school and get their impressions ;).

Just ordered Game and Watch 2. That drained me (only have 10 coins left), so I'll order ultra hand after I start filling up in the next fiscal year.

Grabbed the Mario posters.

Thinking about the WiiWare game. I'd like G&W2, but, I don't even have the first one purchased. That, and I wouldn't have enough coins.

I think I realized what I don't like about the Life of Mario poster, I wish they had used the actual pixel representations of Mario for the 2, 3, and World iterations.

Also they left out baby Mario from Yoshi's Island :p

I guess I'll just get the Zelda posters instead and hope for some kickass Metroid posters in the future.

[quote name='SteveGo']I think I realized what I don't like about the Life of Mario poster, I wish they had used the actual pixel representations of Mario for the 2, 3, and World iterations.

Also they left out baby Mario from Yoshi's Island :p

I guess I'll just get the Zelda posters instead and hope for some kickass Metroid posters in the future.[/QUOTE]

the zelda posters are gone. and im not positive, but i think baby mario is considered a separate character. could be wrong though.

If wishes were fishes and all that but I'd love a Club Nintendo exclusive DS XL case. My old sock does the job but it's sized more for DS Lites and PSPs.

[quote name='Drclaw411']the zelda posters are gone. and im not positive, but i think baby mario is considered a separate character. could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

The Zelda posters are not gone, I could order them right now. And how is baby Mario a separate character if Yoshi's Island is a sequel to Super Mario World?

I just ordered G&W Collection 2 and Ultra Hand. 0 point remaining. Already on platinum status so I'll just wait until July 1 to enter more codes for next years status.

Im confused about the point system. Last year I had 700 points for Platinum & ordered the Zelda posters -350 = 350 + this year so far Ive added 250 so now I have 600 & Im gold status. Is that right? I guess what Im trying to say is do I need to build up 700 from zero again this year to reach Platinum or do I get to keep my old points?

[quote name='cheapbastard']Im confused about the point system. Last year I had 700 points for Platinum & ordered the Zelda posters -350 = 350 + this year so far Ive added 250 so now I have 600 & Im gold status. Is that right? I guess what Im trying to say is do I need to build up 700 from zero again this year to reach Platinum or do I get to keep my old points?[/QUOTE]

300 points within the Club Nintendo year = Gold.
600 points within the Club Nintendo year = Platinum.

Having 600 isn't enough for platinum. You need to earn 600 within that year. It is a weird system, but it makes sense.

Basically, you can't keep 300+ or 600+ coins and remain a status for the free gift.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Im confused about the point system. Last year I had 700 points for Platinum & ordered the Zelda posters -350 = 350 + this year so far Ive added 250 so now I have 600 & Im gold status. Is that right? I guess what Im trying to say is do I need to build up 700 from zero again this year to reach Platinum or do I get to keep my old points?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and you must have figured that wrong because if you just added 250 this year (since July 1st of 2009) you wouldn't be gold status. But you can check your status and see exactly how many coins are applied to your status for the current year right there on the site. I only have 200 right now, which was somewhat of a surprise. But then I looked at my ToDo list and saw I basically hadn't done much of anything since I pumped it up for Platinum last year (just a few game regs since then).

Thanks for the help. I figured out the problem. I though you needed 700 for platinum last year. So in reality I had 350 this year. That is why I had the gold status already this year.

Another question. What would be the best move to add more points this year & not lose any points in the future?? Add more new games or do the post play surveys I already have listed?? Which should I do 1st?

I just registered my DSi from when I got it and my new DSi XL; I also did those damn surveys and am now back to platinum :cool:. I have a handful of more games to register but will wait to July to do so.

Grill-Off with Ultra Hand is VERY HARD. The controls are kinda awkward as well.

It's time for a test. Does the following link work or not.
Grill-Off with Ultra Hand (80 coins)

If it does, tell me so and your opinion on it. If people like it, that's how the Rewards section will be laid out in the future.

[quote name='KingBroly']Grill-Off with Ultra Hand is VERY HARD. The controls are kinda awkward as well.

It's time for a test. Does the following link work or not.
Grill-Off with Ultra Hand (80 coins)

If it does, tell me so and your opinion on it. If people like it, that's how the Rewards section will be laid out in the future.[/QUOTE]

It does work. It goes straight to the ultra hand redeem spot.

I like how you guys are going double platinum already, even triple if you have mutliple accounts.... Meanwhile I only have 500 coins total. :lol:

[quote name='Chronis']I like how you guys are going double platinum already, even triple if you have mutliple accounts.... Meanwhile I only have 500 coins total. :lol:[/QUOTE]

There are some pretty cheap ways to get a few coins, namely if you're trying to build up your Wii/DS library with some older games. Considering games can be registered and give coins for up to 3 years after release (I think it's 3 years) I just check out Gamestop.com and sort the used DS/Wii games by choosing Nintendo as the publisher. Heck, Animal Crossing and Wario Land on the Wii would cost slightly more than $30 with an Edge card and net you 100 coins.

To put myself in the same sadness as Broly, my Mario posters are still apparently sitting in a warehouse somewhere, waiting to be shipped but not going anywhere.

[quote name='david12795']So is there any catch to getting netflix? I just want the coins. lol[/QUOTE]

I assume you need to be a Netflix member but getting the Wii streaming disc doesn't cost anything. I should do the same soon.

[quote name='Halo05']I assume you need to be a Netflix member but getting the Wii streaming disc doesn't cost anything. I should do the same soon.[/QUOTE]

So does getting the wii streaming disk give us nintendo coins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back