Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Altanis']I doubt it. Don't see why they would.[/QUOTE]Well they could just add a new poster for skyward sword. They don't necessarily have to redo the timeline poster.

[quote name='2DMention']I'm surprised they don't have an intendo to buy for DQVI.[/QUOTE]
I think that it'll be up in a week or so.

They have to do an I2B on Mario Sports Mix too.

I don't think it's up yet.

I was simply pointing out that both Mario Sports Mix and Dragon Quest VI are in need of I2B surveys in the near future.

You folks ever go back and reread the old topic? It's hilarious.

Anyways, I just recently picked up the new Messenger Bag and it's unimpressive to say the least. The cover flap isn't secured at all. The only thing that keeps it closed is a small velcro strap near the top of the bag. It's tiny too. I saw the dimensions their website of course, but I didn't think it would look like a purse on me. And I'm a fairly slender man.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you don't want to hear this, but there were multiple reports of the cover flap not closing right in this thread.

If you ordered it, even with multiple warnings, I'm not sure what you're complaining about: that's your fault.

[quote name='Altanis']I know you don't want to hear this, but there were multiple reports of the cover flap not closing right in this thread.

If you ordered it, even with multiple warnings, I'm not sure what you're complaining about: that's your fault.[/QUOTE]

I'm well aware of that -- it was on the previous page too. I was simply trying to share my experience. And give my own (brief) review of it.

That's still allowed, right? I don't remember seeing something like this posted after the second mention of the Messenger Bag.

If not, I'm sorry. This account is brand new and so I couldn't say it early December.

I wish our Club Nintendo was as in-depth as the one in Japan. I like their prizes much more, but unfortunately, I cannot read hiragana/katakana/kanji. Anyone know when they typically cease production on their current offerings? I like the fans, but would prefer some exclusive statues like last year's Platinum award.

[quote name='Blade']I wish our Club Nintendo was as in-depth as the one in Japan. I like their prizes much more, but unfortunately, I cannot read hiragana/katakana/kanji. Anyone know when they typically cease production on their current offerings? I like the fans, but would prefer some exclusive statues like last year's Platinum award.[/QUOTE]

I wish our version was more like the JPN system too. They've got a wider selection of prizes and all, but I'm more interested in the fact that 3rd party publisher games can contain Club Nintendo codes too. But at least we aren't set up like the EU one. They get a few great items like the special edition Pokemon DS, or the Golden Link Statue, but even the most devoted traders on this board would have had issues with getting that thing >_>. Somebody is attempting to sell his Link Statue for $550 (with shipping) on eBay atm.

And I honestly have no idea when they stop producing a certain item.

I know back in 2008 & 2009, they had a different style DS game and stylus case available featuring Mario. And I think their "blue" case was labeled as "black".

Aside from that, I don't think the NA version has removed anything else. They did alter the White DS Game Card Case though. It used to come with a pen-like stylus. But now it's just the case. They did end up dropping its price by 300coins a few months later though. I believe that's the only item to have a price drop too.

[quote name='mickeyp']Hanafuda Cards-are these any good? Is it a game? Did anyone get them?[/QUOTE]
I got a set. They are really nice, and really sturdy. I was caught off guard by their size though. The cards are much smaller than a business card, but i don't have them around to get precise measurements.

Thanks for the link.. that was interesting. I like card games so this might be a good thing to get, they also mentioned in the article that one of the card games is on clubhouse games ds game cart.

[quote name='Blade']I wish our Club Nintendo was as in-depth as the one in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Meh. Aside from the limited edition stuff those trinkets usually wind up on Yahoo Auctions Japan for practically nothing.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Million-dollar question: how many points will the 3DS be worth? ;)[/QUOTE]I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be worth 200 points.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Million-dollar question: how many points will the 3DS be worth? ;)[/QUOTE]

It's the same price as the Wii at launch, so whatever that was worth at the time.

[quote name='Corvin']It's the same price as the Wii at launch, so whatever that was worth at the time.[/QUOTE]

Wii launched before Club Nintendo and was worth Zero coins.

Edit - Ignore this, I made a fool of myself and just repeated the guy above.

Anyways, all of the systems are worth 160 now (I think), so it'll probably be that too.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Anyways, all of the systems are worth 160 now (I think), so it'll probably be that too.[/QUOTE]
The Black Wii bundle I registered in May was worth 180, not 160.

[quote name='Altanis']The Black Wii bundle I registered in May was worth 180, not 160.[/QUOTE]

I just registered my black sports resort wii bundle and only got 160 coins for it, so it has definitely changed since then.

A reminder: Mario Sports Mix I2B goes out in 4 days.

I've done the following modifications to the OP (in order in which they now appear):
- Added the Wii Fit Tote Bag Special Offer
- Changed Point Values to Coin Values
- Moved Coin Values above Club Nintendo rewards
- Added Netflix App Registration to Coin Values (It's 20 coins)

I'd have to check my magazine collection, but I'm pretty sure I didn't get anything between Dec and Jan.

I won't be able to check for a few weeks though. They're stored on a bookshelf at my parents' and I'm 220 miles away on campus. Sorry :(

[quote name='cheapbastard']Slightly off topic but do NP subscribers get the Holiday issue after the dec issue or it goes straight to Jan??[/QUOTE]

Yup, we get the Holiday issue. This year's had Kingdom Hearts on the cover.

That was the holiday edition? Are you sure? I was pretty sure mine said January 2011 (February?) not Holiday. Then again, this was the first time I have had an NP sub.

Slightly more on topic, I have 610 coins. Are the fans or terrycloth towels anything worth getting? To anyone who has ordered one of those before, what's the quality?

Fans aren't bad, but are small and very light. You'll have to decide for yourself if that is a good thing, I was hoping for something a bit bigger. The print quality (at least on my Animal Crossing fan) didn't really look very good either. Not a bad value overall... but nothing special. I wouldn't order a second fan.

I wasn't overly impressed with my fan, either. It's neat...but definitely something I would "take back" if I could.

Haven't ordered any of the towels, but I got the fans just for collection sake. Like the two others said, the quality isn't that stellar. You have to be gentle with it and you even have to close it slowly or it won't close properly. But they're a nice decoration.

[quote name='Altanis']That was the holiday edition? Are you sure? I was pretty sure mine said January 2011 (February?) not Holiday. Then again, this was the first time I have had an NP sub.[/QUOTE]

They sit five feet from me as I type this. January has Mario Sports Mix on the cover, and February has Pokemon Black and White.

Alright, well thanks for clarifying. I haven't really delved into the recent NPs as much as I would like, as I didn't bring them up to campus with me.

In other note, just a reminder that the I2B for DQ6 ends 2/7!

New Intend to Buy Update:

Pokemon Black :ds:
Pokemon White :ds:

Both End 2/27. Keep in mind they only have Pokemon White up there, so I don't know if they're in the process of uploading the Black image or they're just being cheap with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back