Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, I looked last night for this one, and didn't see it. Glad to see it up now.

Thanks KB! (I'm calling you KB from now on)

OT: That's fine. Some call me KB, some call me Broly, some people call me King.

Also, Dragon Quest IV's Intend to Buy ends Monday.

Well, I always said that when I joined Club N, that the first reward I would order was the Hanfuda cards. They were what I wanted the most.

But I just put in for the first Game & Watch collection. Yeah, I could probably find a copy on eBay for like $30-40, and the 800 coins is like $500 I spent, but meh.

Is there a limit to how many games you can I2B at once? I wasn't able to put down the last two, and this time I was only able to I2B Pokemon White.

So how is the messenger bag? Is the strap long enough that you can comfortably wear it slung across your chest or do you have to wear it purse-style?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']So how is the messenger bag? Is the strap long enough that you can comfortably wear it slung across your chest or do you have to wear it purse-style?[/QUOTE]

The strap is long enough to wear it across your chest. It's rather small overall, so it still may look like a purse. And if you haven't heard, it lacks pockets, it's uses very thin fabric, the flap may be smaller than the rest of the bag giving it an awkward look AND the way to close it is using a tiny Velcro patch in the center.

Strange thing is, I'd probably buy it again.

[quote name='Blade']Slightly more on topic, I have 610 coins. Are the fans or terrycloth towels anything worth getting? To anyone who has ordered one of those before, what's the quality?[/QUOTE]

It is OK. Mine started developing some snags and pulled loose some of the threads. I had to do some trimming to keep more from pulling away. That being said, I still like mine and don't regret getting it.

I just got lucky to have gotten Platinum Status with Club Nintendo last year (don't know how), but since I never buy Wii/DS games anymore, it seems unlikely that I'll ever get enough points to get anything else from them.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']The strap is long enough to wear it across your chest. It's rather small overall, so it still may look like a purse. And if you haven't heard, it lacks pockets, it's uses very thin fabric, the flap may be smaller than the rest of the bag giving it an awkward look AND the way to close it is using a tiny Velcro patch in the center.

Strange thing is, I'd probably buy it again.[/QUOTE]

Well boo, I guess I'll keep saving for the cards or the Game & Watch games. I barely buy any Nintendo games so I'm only at 600 despite doing this ever since they brought it out in NA.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I really would like that Wii Fit bag. I guess since I registered last year, I can't get it. :([/QUOTE]

You have to get Wii Fit Plus w/ the Balance Board. You still might be eligible for it. It's been there since the game came out.

[quote name='KingBroly']You have to get Wii Fit Plus w/ the Balance Board. You still might be eligible for it. It's been there since the game came out.[/QUOTE]

Nah, that reward hasn't been there as long as the game came out. I bought the game right around launch, which was May 2008. The reward didn't start until January 2010. I guess I registered beforehand. Edit: Yes, I checked my account, and I registered the game in late 2008. No reward for me.

*Offer valid only to US and Canadian residents 13 and older who register a Wii Fit Plus™ with Wii Balance Board™ accessory and complete the registration survey on or after January 15, 2010.

I changed the OP and title to reflect the lack of Pokemon Black being an I2B. I thought they would've fixed it by now.

[quote name='lilman']Got mine today. I didn't notice the defect in the originals until the new ones came in. And they throw in parachute Kirby patch, adorable

I ended up doing both even though I'm only going to get one. I usually get the second version anyway. I didn't with Heart Gold though.

I did this before they put Black up and in case anyone was wondering, it didn't put Black up once I completed the White survey.

NEW CLUB NINTENDO REWARDS OFFER RETRO GAMING FUN AND REVERSIBLE STYLE

Feb. 9, 2011

Nintendo of America has announced the addition of two new rewards available exclusively to members of the Club Nintendo™ customer rewards program. Starting today, members can redeem their Coins for a playable replica of Game & Watch™: Ball, the first entry in Nintendo’s original Game & Watch portable electronic gaming series. They can also redeem Coins for a reversible carrying pouch for their hand-held Nintendo DS™, Nintendo DSi™ or Nintendo DSi XL™ systems.

The Game & Watch: Ball replica is modeled after the original version first launched by Nintendo in 1980. The game itself offers classic portable gaming fun, challenging players to toss and catch a series of balls without allowing them to drop. Club Nintendo members can get their hands on this unique item by redeeming 1,200 Coins.

The Nintendo DS carrying pouch is made from a soft, suede-like material and is available in red or blue, each with a reversible gray interior. The pouch also has an adjustable drawstring, a Club Nintendo logo on the gray side and one of several different retro-styled 2D Mario™ character patches on the colored side. Pouches will be available to Club Nintendo members for 250 Coins each.

Club Nintendo awards Coins to consumers who register and answer surveys about Nintendo products. Coins can then be redeemed for exclusive Nintendo merchandise. For more information about how to join Club Nintendo and earn rewards, visit http://club.nintendo.com.

nds_pouch_red_big_1.jpg
nds_pouch_red_big_2.jpg

nds_pouch_blue_big_1.jpg
nds_pouch_blue_big_2.jpg

Game and Watch 1200

game_and_watch_ball_big_1.jpg

I think I'll get the G&W.

I JUST updated the OP as you were putting that up.

I also did some code cleaning.

EDIT: Yeah, there we go. Tried to separate New Rewards and Old Rewards but I had an extra spoiler tag for some reason. I'll look at it and try it again later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that replica Game & Watch is awesome. But that's a lot of coins. I like the pouches too, and those are cheapish. I wouldn't use it for a DS, but it could come in handy for carrying other stuff. I'm going to run those by my kids tonight and see if they want to order one.

Meh. I think I'll wait till the launch of the 3DS and see if anything interesting for that comes out. Don't want to blow all my coins on the pouches or even attempt to get that replica system atm.

1200 coins for Game and Watch? Same exact model as dropped in Japan a year ago? Seems to me like Nintendo is trying to get the hardcore to give up their coins from the 'first wave' of Club Nintendo. Better than nothing I suppose.

That's a LOT of coins for the G&W Ball.

The collector in me urges me to jump on it but the CAG in me wants to make better use of my hard earned coins.

G&W Ball ordered! Whoo!

For those who think 1,200 is too much for it, perhaps... but how much did you think they were going to charge? I mean, look at what they're charging for folders and bookmarks...

Bah, would have 1200 for the G&W Ball, but got G&W 1 and 2, and a wii remote holder a few months ago. It was worth it. Just ordered a red pouch, need one for my DS. Hopefully I can get the G&W Ball from a trade or on ebay in the next few months.

I'm really delighted in the DS drawstring bags. Not sure which color I want. :whee:

Edit: Went with the red pouch after all. I just couldn't take my eyes off it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nnthomas']My G&W says backordered :\

I cant have been that late to the party[/QUOTE]

Mine says that too. I ordered mine before the story hit Joystiq but I'm not terribly surprised that these would be in high demand. Like you mentioned before, I'm not into washcloths, folders or patches either.

Nice to see I wasn't the only one attracted to the red pouch. Seems like a nice item, and something that I might be able to use. Considering getting a blue one too, but want to see the quality and size first-hand before dropping more coins.

How much was the G&W at Japan Nintendo Club? And did that come out before or after the SFC Classic Controller? I'm tempted by the G&W, but would sooooo much rather have the SFC Classic Controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back