Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay it has been a while since I have been really active in this thread but I have a few questions:

Is the Wii Fit Plus tote bag nice?

How is the messenger bag? Is it worth 550 points? Is it flimsy, cheap, etc?

Is the Game & Watch worth it? 1200 is pretty steep...

Also, how is the regular Tote bag?

Reviews for prizes would be great!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Is the Wii Fit Plus tote bag nice?[/QUOTE]

Basically it is like those bags you get at grocery stores. Not bad for free.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Basically it is like those bags you get at grocery stores. Not bad for free.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Is that how the other tote bag is like? I would think so.

Does anyone have the club nintendo screen savers? If so, how do you download the file. Is it a Zip?

EDIT: I found all 3 of them for free. They are okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo! Just hit platinum the other day for getting Wii Fit Plus. The code in the game I bought was for the game + balance board (used copy from gamestop) so not only do I get 100 points for that, I also get a free tote bag. :D

So what happens if you do Intend to Buy but never register the game? Are there any consequences, or is it best to just Intend to Buy everything that comes up in case you end up getting it?

I'm glad this thread caught my eye tonight and has "Pokemon" in the title. I hadn't yet gotten around to the I2B for those. I almost missed out!

I'll do the 3DS stuff later... I like now that it shows you when you have to register certain things for the 10 coin bonus. I don't think they said that before, right? Anyway, it reminds me that if nothing else I should at least open up my DQ VI and register it soon. I probably won't play it within the next month though.

I am going to get the Messenger Bag and the blue pouch. The Game and Watch is just a tad bit over priced. If it was 1000, I would. I don't wanna wipe all of my coins out just yet.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']And of course coins expire 2 years + whatever is left in the current year.

The earliest coins can currently expire is June 31, 2011 so your coins are safe until then.[/QUOTE]

So I've got well over 1000, what should I get? I am guessing that at least some will expire this year...

The I2B for Pokemon Black and White ends today. So if you guys haven't done it or know friends who haven't, better get them onto Club Nintendo's webbie soon.

The I2B seems to have already ended, as it isn't showing up as available anymore. I just reminded a friend to do it, and they can't.

Edit- Nevermind, apparently they're just retarded.

I added a section to tell people when Coin Bonus Periods End since I just noticed that Nintendo makes that information known on their sidebar. Pokemon ends 4/5/11.

Last year, I had just enough coins to order the Game & Watch Collection and Grill-Off With Ultra Hand. I thought they all expired at the end of every year and the rewards would be limited, so I just hurriedly spent all of the coins I had. This year, I've had a lot more coins, so I went ahead and ordered the Mushroom tote and the first three fans. I just need 150 more coins for the fourth fan, which I could achieve by doing the product surveys. I'd like to thank you guys for providing so many answers to my questions and clarifying my misconceptions from last year.

I was happy to see that the fans are actually decent sized, even if the designs are less colorful than what they appear to be in pictures and are only printed on one side. At least my Asian girlfriend enjoyed reminiscing about her childhood while fanning herself with the gifted Bloober fan the other day. She had to show me how to open it, because I irrationally began tugging on the edges in typical unthinking male fashion. ;)

What's cool about the Pokemon DSi bundles is that you can register the DSi and the game, so you get 190 points with the bundle (200 if you register by April 5th).

I kinda want the pouch now that I have a DSi, but it came with a kinda cool case and I want to save up for the Game and Watch DS games.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']o_O Did anybody else get 20 points for their I2B?

I got 30points for the game and two 10 points for the I2B.[/QUOTE]

you get 30 for the game, 10 for I2B, and 10 for early registration.

So am I the only one who got screwed out of a code for DQVI? Just realized the early registration time period was almost up so I popped open the box, and nothing. Wonder if an email would secure me some points.

[quote name='botticus']So am I the only one who got screwed out of a code for DQVI? Just realized the early registration time period was almost up so I popped open the box, and nothing. Wonder if an email would secure me some points.[/QUOTE]Yea you should probably contact Nintendo about that. They're pretty good at fixing problems like these.

got all my points
do professor layton games have points in them
just curious

finished some surveys and i am now a Platinum member
sweet hope the prize is good
maybe pokemon or dragon quest related

Yeah, they have'em. In Europe, they even had a special gift to those that registered all of the Layton DS titles.

Been trying to find one on eBay, but they all shoot past 20euros >_>.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Awww man, do you only get coins from games developed by Nintendo? That blows, I thought they were offered with every game.[/QUOTE]

Or published (like Layton) as Nintendo has a stake in those games too. Since Nintendo is funding the gimmic it only makes sense, unless they mandated companies chuck some coins to the program, which seems a little unlikely given previous hand slaps Nintendo has received.

cool thx for the help
just bought 2 in 2 days
the box i got with pokemon black and TRU B1G1 50%off
and future i got from amazon's same sale

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Yeah, they have'em. In Europe, they even had a special gift to those that registered all of the Layton DS titles.

Been trying to find one on eBay, but they all shoot past 20euros >_>.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too, there's one on there but it's 50 pounds....

Darn, they've got an Intent To Buy for Pilot Wings and Poodle...

Dang...I'm STILL undecided on the thing, and I guess I should make up my mind soon :lol:

Still don't know what color to go with either if I get it.

I just keep vacillating on the whole thing. On the one hand, I hate "3D". To a lesser extent I'm also annoyed Nintendo thinks it's okay to be an entire generation behind Sony. I'm also ticked about Kid Icarus, which looks like it has bull shit controls and nothing at all to do with Kid Icarus, which was an awesome game.

But on the other hand, I love Pilot Wings, Paper Mario, and portable games generally....so...

[quote name='Wolfpup']To a lesser extent I'm also annoyed Nintendo thinks it's okay to be an entire generation behind Sony.[/QUOTE]
Hasn't the success of the DS proven that it is okay to be an entire generation behind Sony?

I have a question, I'm right about to hit platinum since I sat down and bothered to register all of my games tonight.

The question I have is, does it make a difference whether or not I register the older games first or not?

King Broly, used to have an FAQ in the OP detailing games with expiration dates for post play, intend to buy, etc. and some common questions, with the program, I see the OP has been altered for awhile so that's why I need to ask people with more expertise with this stuff than me.

Also I have a Nintendo rep. go and add my VC and Wiiware purchases I made last year to my account, so should I be expecting and post-play surveys with those too?

The reason I ask it that I'll need like 10 coins to push me into 600 and I really didn't want to waste a Wii game code to push me over the top. In the meantime, I guess I'll register my two games from 2007 and hope for the best with those.

If anybody can chime in and educate my on my questions, I'd be most appreciative. :)

It's still in the OP in the bottom part of it. I just put it in more spoiler tags because it saved some space and made sense to. Only some VC/WW games have post-play surveys, that list is also in the OP. It's a very small list of pre-CN released games that qualify.

You'll basically have 5 years from the original release date to register a game. Then you'll have another 5 years to do a survey. Some games no longer qualify for a survey. I believe Metroid Prime Hunters is the only game currently. Tetris DS might also be in that list now, or close to it. AC Wild World and Mario Kart DS will expire this fall. I'll check it tomorrow just to make sure. But since those constantly get refreshed stock-wise I'm guessing they won't go away.

But basically everything from the November 2006 forward gives you points from a retail point of view for Wii.

[quote name='KingBroly']It's still in the OP in the bottom part of it. I just put it in more spoiler tags because it saved some space and made sense to. Only some VC/WW games have post-play surveys, that list is also in the OP. It's a very small list of pre-CN released games that qualify.

You'll basically have 5 years from the original release date to register a game. Then you'll have another 5 years to do a survey. Some games no longer qualify for a survey. I believe Metroid Prime Hunters is the only game currently. Tetris DS might also be in that list now, or close to it. AC Wild World and Mario Kart DS will expire this fall. I'll check it tomorrow just to make sure. But since those constantly get refreshed stock-wise I'm guessing they won't go away.

But basically everything from the November 2006 forward gives you points from a retail point of view for Wii.[/QUOTE]

Thanks King Broly, I'll have to look again as I didn't see that information when I went looking earlier.

I just needed to know whether my Metroid 3 and SMG codes would still work (both published in 2007, and they still did, also I did see the FAQ on the club nintendo site, that you also have in the OP) and when they would expire. But my Excite Truck code was not valid anymore according to the site, since it said it was too old.

I only have two more I can use (two of my games didn't include the codes since they were used copies) and I didn't want to waste points for nothing. So I'm hoping I get some post-play surveys for something to get the last 10 coins I need for platinum.

One other question, am I right (can't remember what I've read in this thread before) in thinking that the coins I use don't affect the overall accumulated amount, only what I use to buy anything in the store correct? (that is deducted from the top amount, right?)

Other than that, thanks for the quick answer. ;) I just had a few questions I needed answered while I was taking care of getting the games added to my list and surveys taken tonight.

One other question[/U], am I right (can't remember what I've read in this thread before) in thinking that the coins I use don't affect the overall accumulated amount, only what I use to buy anything in the store correct? (that is deducted from the top amount, right?)
I don't know about your other question, but coins that go towards your gold or platinum status never decrease even if you spend those coins on rewards. The only time the status coins decrease is at the end of the Club Nintendo year, when everyone resets to 0.

so if i have a bunch of games with codes should i wait to register them after the prize year is up since i already have platinum?

[quote name='Kaijufan']I don't know about your other question, but coins that go towards your gold or platinum status never decrease even if you spend those coins on rewards. The only time the status coins decrease is at the end of the Club Nintendo year, when everyone resets to 0.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thank you for the information. :)

Can you still get points for Gamecube and Gameboy Advance games??? Thanks in advance.

VV Then why did they have the same pin codes as Wii and DS games?

[quote name='adriley313']so if i have a bunch of games with codes should i wait to register them after the prize year is up since i already have platinum?[/QUOTE]
Yea- the prize year ends pretty soon, so you might as well just sit on them. I think the last day is usually end of June or something.

[quote name='jboy']Can you still get points for Gamecube and Gameboy Advance games??? Thanks in advance.

VV Then why did they have the same pin codes as Wii and DS games?[/QUOTE]

The codes were for game registration extensions, in case you lost your game. Trust me, they DO NOT give points for those titles.

Only DS, DSiWare, Wii, some old WiiWare and some old Virtual Console games give you Coins. Every game released on Virtual Console and WiiWare since Club Nintendo's inception gives you Coin opportunities.

The list of these older games is listed in the OP.

[quote name='jboy']VV Then why did they have the same pin codes as Wii and DS games?[/QUOTE]

MyNintendo registration. You could register them for wallpapers, icons, etc., etc... Occasional physical gifts were given out (Zelda Collector's Disc, Metriod Prime 2 Demo Disc, Avalanche 1080 Beanie Hat, Zelda Stylus, 3 Month Nintendo Power Subscription, Kirby Stylus, Pokémon XD GameCube skin, Custom Robo print, Rainbow stylus set, etc., etc...).

You can still register GBA/GC games (in fact, I still do on the random occasion when I get one that's sealed), but there's no rewards for doing such.

Here's some info on 3DS Registration:

30 Coins for Game Registration
20 Coins for Post-Play Survey
160 Coins for System Registration

So...Thrice the Vision, Double the Coinage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back