Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='emeraldgsl']Same here. I think I may end up calling them to see if I can find out. Some of my surveys don't expire until 2014-2015.[/QUOTE]

If you call, please post what they say!

[quote name='All Out Fanboy']I am anal with my points lol[/QUOTE]

TMI. We don't need to know what goes on between you and your points behind closed doors.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']It's very cheaply made, sadly. There's no pockets, and it's held closed by a simple velcro strap. Also, I don't know exactly what your build is, but I'm 6'0 and 165lbs, and it looks small enough to be a purse on me. I wish I kept my points for the posters xD[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish I had used the points for the two other Mario 25th anniversary pins.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']If you call, please post what they say![/QUOTE]

Spoke with a lady who wasn't sure why it was happening. She said there's been a lot of traffic since the redesign and they're still working out the kinks. Asked me to "hang in there" and try back in a week or two. If the problem doesn't fix itself, she would pass my info along to get me an answer as to why the expiration year doesn't show up on my surveys.

I'll post when the second call takes place after the holidays.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Spoke with a lady who wasn't sure why it was happening. She said there's been a lot of traffic since the redesign and they're still working out the kinks. Asked me to "hang in there" and try back in a week or two. If the problem doesn't fix itself, she would pass my info along to get me an answer as to why the expiration year doesn't show up on my surveys.

I'll post when the second call takes place after the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thank you!

Someone told me that they're going to make a more static redesign and it should be available soon. I hope so, since it's causing me issues with updating the OP, namely the Game Download and New Reward Images >_>

FYI, on Club Nintendo, when you click "get games and rewards" on top, it brings you to the new reward page. Under the 4 downloadable titles it says "Until Jan 10." One again, we don't know the year involved, but I would image it to be 2012. If thats that case, anyone who wants anything from this selection should get it soon.

[quote name='KingBroly']Obviously.

I'm torn between Xevious and Fluidity myself.[/QUOTE]

Fluidity is a great game. I bought it when it first came out. Well worth it.

guess i'll skip the star bag thing then. Not really interested in posters.. hmm. Maybe i'll save up for the game and watch.

It looks like the Intend to Buy thing is gone? That's fine really. I got tired of filling those in and 90% of the time I never get the game, which means I end up with all these todos for them. I'm not sure if this went away a while ago or not. I just logged in for the first time in a long time today.

[quote name='crunchewy']It looks like the Intend to Buy thing is gone? That's fine really. I got tired of filling those in and 90% of the time I never get the game, which means I end up with all these todos for them. I'm not sure if this went away a while ago or not. I just logged in for the first time in a long time today.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it did since you can get 60 coins for registering within 4 weeks of release date now. It's essentially the same thing, but you have to spend more. :(

[quote name='crunchewy']It looks like the Intend to Buy thing is gone? That's fine really. I got tired of filling those in and 90% of the time I never get the game, which means I end up with all these todos for them. I'm not sure if this went away a while ago or not. I just logged in for the first time in a long time today.[/QUOTE]

May not be gone for good(I did just use it last month for Zelda), they're usually only up there about 6 weeks in advance of a new Nintendo title coming out. I don't think there are any until late February so time will tell.

[quote name='Blade']I'm pretty sure it did since you can get 60 coins for registering within 4 weeks of release date now. It's essentially the same thing, but you have to spend more. :([/QUOTE]

That's on top of Intend to buy. So, if you max out your coinage, you should get(for a Wii game):

10(I2B) + 10(early purchase) + 50(actual game) + 10(PP survey) = 80 coins per game.

That Mario vs Donkey Kong game is just a downloadble version of the regular DS game, right? Isn't that kind of awesome for a 110 coin reward? I may actually buy two - one for my 3DS and one for my son's.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

That was one of the games that Blockbuster had $14.99 and under and I couldn't find a copy. This is a better way to get it anyway.

[quote name='KingBroly']It's not the same game.[/QUOTE]

OK, yeah, this is the old DSiware game. Still, I don't have that either so I might as well get it. I mean 150 points is pretty much nothing. Hell, I spent 500 on a stupid T-shirt last month.

Here's the Metacritic listing (overall pretty good scores):

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/mario-vs-donkey-kong-minis-march-again!

Xevious, not so good:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/3d-classics-xevious

Fluidity has nice scores but I just don't know if I want to bother with a Wii game at this point. Eh, maybe...

Xevious is a perfect example of price dictating reception. Honestly, I enjoy Xevious... but it's not a game I would've paid $6 for. Same with Excitebike. They're nice little distractions, but unless you have a huge amount of nostalgia for the game, it's not likely to do much for you.

Upside is that at least Xevious has, in my opinion, some of the coolest 3D on the system. It really 'pops', for lack of a better word.

I know what you're talking about. The DS cart version of March of the Minis and the DSiWare version of March of the Minis are not the same.

EDIT: I'm thinking of transferring my DSiWare content over to my 3DS from my XL (Shantae, Mario vs. DK, and Cave Story). I know I'd lose my Save files, but I haven't put much time into any of them, although I'd lose some time in Shantae, but I lost my place in it anyways.

[quote name='KingBroly']I know what you're talking about. The DS cart version of March of the Minis and the DSiWare version of March of the Minis are not the same.

EDIT: I'm thinking of transferring my DSiWare content over to my 3DS from my XL (Shantae, Mario vs. DK, and Cave Story). I know I'd lose my Save files, but I haven't put much time into any of them, although I'd lose some time in Shantae, but I lost my place in it anyways.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is I have a launch DSi with the 1000 promo points that came with it - never used them ;). I guess I could buy something and then transfer it to my 3DS. What are the consensus "best" DSiware games? I've almost entirely ignored Nintendo's downloadable stuff since the early days of the Wii when I wasted a bunch of points on stuff I never played.

^Dark Void Zero & Heart(Soul?) of Darkness are 2 of the best.

Dark void is a throwback to the old 8 bit games & H(S?)oD is Castlevania without the name in the title.

[quote name='io']The funny thing is I have a launch DSi with the 1000 promo points that came with it - never used them ;). I guess I could buy something and then transfer it to my 3DS. What are the consensus "best" DSiware games? I've almost entirely ignored Nintendo's downloadable stuff since the early days of the Wii when I wasted a bunch of points on stuff I never played.[/QUOTE]

I believe Shantae is considered the best, but that's 1200 points. I've heard Mighty Swift Champs was good, and Mario vs. DK and Cave Story are also good. There's also a DSiWare version of Plants v. Zombies. Oh, and not to mention the 4 different versions of Clocks, Art Style games and Electroplankton games.

[quote name='io']The funny thing is I have a launch DSi with the 1000 promo points that came with it - never used them ;). I guess I could buy something and then transfer it to my 3DS. What are the consensus "best" DSiware games? I've almost entirely ignored Nintendo's downloadable stuff since the early days of the Wii when I wasted a bunch of points on stuff I never played.[/QUOTE]

Boxlife.

Can't go wrong with any of the Art Style games, though my two personal favorite DSiWare titles are Dark Void Zero & Cave Story(if you haven't played it yet). Starship Defense(from Q Games of PixelJunk fame), Aura-Aura Climber & AlphaBounce are all really good, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a shipping notice for the Zelda posters a few days ago. Haven't gotten them yet. I pretty much ordered them right when the site came back up, though.

Oh true, thanks for your reply. Yeah, I ordered mine a day later after the new redesign went up.

[quote name='007']I got a shipping notice for the Zelda posters a few days ago. Haven't gotten them yet. I pretty much ordered them right when the site came back up, though.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped on Monday. Excited to get them, should be any day now. They were backordered when I finally got to them, maybe they've filled up on stock now?

Got my Zelda Posters just now. They are very nice and feature red foil lettering for the 25th anniversary and silver foil lettering for the Skyward Sword.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Got my Zelda Posters just now. They are very nice and feature red foil lettering for the 25th anniversary and silver foil lettering for the Skyward Sword.[/QUOTE]

Got mine today as well, really impressed and glad I was able to get to them.

i still say if you get platinum level you should get both the gold AND platinum rewards. i mean 600 points is like 12 Wii games a year right there. lol Whatever i hit platinum all 3 years they've done this so far, and this year will be no different

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']i still say if you get platinum level you should get both the gold AND platinum rewards. i mean 600 points is like 12 Wii games a year right there. lol Whatever i hit platinum all 3 years they've done this so far, and this year will be no different[/QUOTE]

I suppose I agree with you there(I've reached platinum the past two years and have already reached that status for this current year), though I'm certainly not complaining about missing out on the yearly calendar. Perhaps if it were a more decent reward I'd be a bit more motivated to become more vocal about this. ;)

[quote name='Mixer236']I suppose I agree with you there(I've reached platinum the past two years and have already reached that status for this current year), though I'm certainly not complaining about missing out on the yearly calendar. Perhaps if it were a more decent reward I'd be a bit more motivated to become more vocal about this. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree with you.

The only gripe I have about the platinum rewards at the moment is not having the ability to double-dib and get multiple ones for coins like foreign versions of our program.

Any word on when GBA ambassador games for 3DS can be registered / post play surveyed? Pretty sure they said that with all the free stuff from 3DS ambassador you could reach Platinum just through that, but I can't seem to find that reference again.

Also: Why didn't I get 20 coins for buying Pushmo? I was able to take the post-play survey, so it knows I have the game, but I only got 10 coins for that, not for actually purchasing the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back