Clubbing is closing its doors after 5 years may 31st is the last day

Finally received my bonus tickets from last week's Double Ticket day today and ordered a USB stick, will update when I receive shipping confirmation...

[quote name='civic_duty']The Chicks, Bees and Sluggers are all on vacation! I wonder if they're doing some kind of big overhaul.[/QUOTE]

They're probably patching them. Which is a pain, because those are the only games I play and I'm less than two thousand away from ordering a 360 controller...

[quote name='MaggotSai']Only if your account is inactive for 180 days.[/QUOTE]

Oh well one more site I don't have to pay any attention to anymore I guess.

[quote name='Slappybob']Oh well one more site I don't have to pay any attention to anymore I guess.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you haven't been paying attention to it for the last 6 months anyway.

[quote name='louiedog']It sounds like you haven't been paying attention to it for the last 6 months anyway.[/QUOTE]

I would log in occasionally and check to see if any new prizes had appeared but i haven't played a game since the firewall at my work blocked club bing.

I guess they don't count logging in as being 'active'

[quote name='Slappybob']I would log in occasionally and check to see if any new prizes had appeared but i haven't played a game since the firewall at my work blocked club bing.

I guess they don't count logging in as being 'active'[/QUOTE]
Logging in does not count as being active. Just play a quick game to keep it active every once in a while. This is not new news.

God damn it.

Hello,

This is in response to your email regarding Club Bing.

Thank you for contacting Club Bing Support. Our Technical Support Team has reviewed and evaluated the game play history on your account resulting in a cancellation of your prize order(s).

The Club Bing screens game play against criteria meant to identify likely use of bot's, macros, or other automated programs to play the games. Those types of activities violate our Terms and Conditions.

Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our online Privacy Statement at http://privacy.microsoft.com.

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you for contacting Club Bing.

What a load of crap, now I have to either accept their false accusations and leave it be or try to fight it. *sigh*

[quote name='RAY16']God damn it.

What a load of crap, now I have to either accept their false accusations and leave it be or try to fight it. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

If you played fairly, go ahead and fill a form with the case ID sent by them and ask them to review your account. I had old prizes shipped to me after a lot of months and now I got my last 2 more recent missing prizes too. Do it.

[quote name='highmeerkat']If you played fairly, go ahead and fill a form with the case ID sent by them and ask them to review your account. I had old prizes shipped to me after a lot of months and now I got my last 2 more recent missing prizes too. Do it.[/QUOTE]

Just sent them a support request. Wasn't sure which category to use, so I just put it under Account Questions (I assume my account is flagged, not just the individual order) and put the Case ID into the order number field as well as in the body of the email.

I checked the FAQ and didn't see, and forgive me for asking such a simple question, but when does the "ticket day" end?

I haven't been on Club Bing since it was called Live Search Club, and I remembered that around 7PM (EST) the new ticket day would start (so to speak)

I'd appreciate the insight.

And one more question:

Can you have two different accounts for two different households from the same IP?

I'm doing Club Bing while I stay at my girlfriend's apartment; I'm going to have my prizes shipped to my house. If she wants to do it, she'll have prizes shipped to her apartment.

I believe it follows the terms and conditions, but I want to make sure it's treated as such, and would appreciate others' experiences with multiple accounts from the same IP (but different shipping households).

Thanks for any and all help provided, in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have three accounts in my household, with prizes shipping to the same address. We've gotten a lot of stuff over the course of the past few years with no flagging or delays. I can't remember the last time I maxed out my daily tickets on a non-double day, which I attribute to us not getting flagged.

[quote name='MightyHealthy']I checked the FAQ and didn't see, and forgive me for asking such a simple question, but when does the "ticket day" end?

I haven't been on Club Bing since it was called Live Search Club, and I remembered that around 7PM (EST) the new ticket day would start (so to speak)

I'd appreciate the insight.

And one more question:

Can you have two different accounts for two different households from the same IP?

I'm doing Club Bing while I stay at my girlfriend's apartment; I'm going to have my prizes shipped to my house. If she wants to do it, she'll have prizes shipped to her apartment.

I believe it follows the terms and conditions, but I want to make sure it's treated as such, and would appreciate others' experiences with multiple accounts from the same IP (but different shipping households).

Thanks for any and all help provided, in advance.[/QUOTE]

I can't answer with regards to the IP thing, but the new ticket day still starts at 7PM ET.

[quote name='DarkZion']And fighting it will most likely do you no good.

Pretty sure their false flagging has lead to this thread's death.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how it's worked out for others, but after waiting 3 months for my Dyson vaccum I emailed them, got the flagging email and then responded saying I had not cheated.

Took 2 weeks to hear back, but they responded and shipped it on the same day. It should be here on Friday.

Guess I'll have to start playing again...

whats the best way to earn tickets? i've played some games but they are all word games, and i hate word games and puzzles

[quote name='AnOpenBox']whats the best way to earn tickets? i've played some games but they are all word games, and i hate word games and puzzles[/QUOTE]

The best way is to tough it out if you wanna earn tickets and avoid any wrongful accusations of cheating. If you use the anagramssolved website, it'll make the games so much easier and shouldn't be considered cheating since your still typing in the answers.

Well, it looks like it was worth sending them that email.

Hello,

We are following up with you in regards to your most recent Club Bing inquiry. We have escalated your dispute to our Technical Support Team for a re-evaluation of your account.

You received a recent responsive email indicating that your Club Bing prize order was cancelled. This information was incorrect. The prize you inquired about will be shipped, and you will be receiving a second confirmation email with any relevant shipping information within the next 5-10 business days.

Additionally, your order (Fable 2 Platinum Hits for Xbox 360) was credited back to your account in the amount of 5150 tickets due to the item being out of stock.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for being a loyal Club Bing Participant!

According to that I should be expecting a shipping confirmation for ODST soon. Too bad my Fable 2 order was cancelled, but at least I got the tickets back. No mention of my PGR4 or Too Human orders, but those haven't hit the 12-week mark yet so I suppose I'll have to wait to ask about them.

Based on other comments, I decided to send them an inquiry as well. Seems as though Technical Support will be checking out my account.

And my last correspondence with them was on 7/9/10. Nothing like bringing up an issue from over 6 months ago.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']It's pretty amazing they are reversing so many decisions. Before it was just pretty much go f*ck yourself.[/QUOTE]
They're probably hurting from losing everyone by flagging everyone and they're trying to get people to come back.

The ClubBing VIP Toolbar Installation Wizard Ended Prematurely

EDIT: Note to all 64Bit OS Users. This is the error message you should recieve while trying to install the toolbar. I did some searching and found out that they are going to fix this problem soon. I also contacted Customer Support and I will update this with the reply shortly. But in the mean time I am going to check out some of the games. Can anybody recommend any games I should check out since I am new to Club Bing. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got shipping confirmations for all of my overdue orders (ODST, PGR4, Too Human) with the exception of Fable 2 which was cancelled and refunded due to being out of stock. Hooray for customer support actually working.

[quote name='RAY16']I just got shipping confirmations for all of my overdue orders (ODST, PGR4, Too Human) with the exception of Fable 2 which was cancelled and refunded due to being out of stock. Hooray for customer support actually working.[/QUOTE]

Told you, glad for you too. :applause:

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']The ClubBing VIP Toolbar Installation Wizard Ended Prematurely

EDIT: Note to all 64Bit OS Users. This is the error message you should recieve while trying to install the toolbar. I did some searching and found out that they are going to fix this problem soon. I also contacted Customer Support and I will update this with the reply shortly. But in the mean time I am going to check out some of the games. Can anybody recommend any games I should check out since I am new to Club Bing. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

My new favorite is Flexicon, I've gotten to the point where it takes me about 2-3 minutes to solve the puzzle for 25 tickets, and it's at least semi-interesting. I've built up about 16k tickets this way. On double ticket days, I can really crank it out.

Got my games yesterday.

10,000 tickets sitting in my account, but unfortunately there isn't anything I'm particularly interested in ordering. Hopefully Ninja Gaiden II will come back soon, or something else I'm interested in.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']The ClubBing VIP Toolbar Installation Wizard Ended Prematurely

EDIT: Note to all 64Bit OS Users. This is the error message you should recieve while trying to install the toolbar. I did some searching and found out that they are going to fix this problem soon. I also contacted Customer Support and I will update this with the reply shortly. But in the mean time I am going to check out some of the games. Can anybody recommend any games I should check out since I am new to Club Bing. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Can you link me to news of this? Wondering if I should wait or not, it's been a year since they launched V.I.P. afterall... (really embarrassing for Microsoft though)

I like the anagram games (Chicktionary, Baseball, Bumblee Bee), I average 20 tickets (1 "game") per 1.5 minutes personally.

I guess I need to contact them. Ordered Eneloops, kitchen scale, and one or two other things about 4 months ago. Never heard anything about them. Bleh.

It's been a long time since I've see this little activity on the prize page. Hopefully they're getting ready to load it up with new stuff!

Oops. Burnt out and forgot about the site, now that hard drive is gone.

I see... a usb light, some kids books, some messenger bags, more soap/lotion/candle kits, and a weather meter.

Bullshit. Bing is really pissing me off lately.

Ok, here's a quick recap of my situation. Over a year ago, I had ordered a camera bag on my account, and my wife ordered one on hers. Silly us put in the same address (instead of parents or something different). We got hit for "cheating". Alright, those prizes are forfeit. That's fine. I contacted Bing to see if we only used a single account, that any future prizes would not be cancelled. Bing responds with "You continue to follow the rules, you'll get your prizes" or something along those lines. Ok. Fast forward a year or so. Don't play Bing much, but only used one single account (mine) and slowly built up some tickets. We did order a few things, like eneloops and such. Sure enough, all have been cancelled. Get the same email responses about us cheating, blah blah. Son of a bitch. I have around 17,000 tickets in that account. Looks like they will all be forfeit. Gahhhhhhhhhh. Arguing with Bing via email as we speak..

[quote name='VioletArrows']Oops. Burnt out and forgot about the site, now that hard drive is gone.

I see... a usb light, some kids books, some messenger bags, more soap/lotion/candle kits, and a weather meter.[/QUOTE]

The hard drives have been appearing and disappearing pretty frequently, so they'll probably come back (at least I hope so, because I've been saving up for one!)

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Bullshit. Bing is really pissing me off lately.

Ok, here's a quick recap of my situation. Over a year ago, I had ordered a camera bag on my account, and my wife ordered one on hers. Silly us put in the same address (instead of parents or something different). We got hit for "cheating". Alright, those prizes are forfeit. That's fine. I contacted Bing to see if we only used a single account, that any future prizes would not be cancelled. Bing responds with "You continue to follow the rules, you'll get your prizes" or something along those lines. Ok. Fast forward a year or so. Don't play Bing much, but only used one single account (mine) and slowly built up some tickets. We did order a few things, like eneloops and such. Sure enough, all have been cancelled. Get the same email responses about us cheating, blah blah. Son of a bitch. I have around 17,000 tickets in that account. Looks like they will all be forfeit. Gahhhhhhhhhh. Arguing with Bing via email as we speak..[/QUOTE]

As I previously recommended on page 2, if anyone gets that "you cheated" email and honestly did not cheat, please contact The Consumerist about it.

Microsoft will only change their ways if they are publicly called out, and there is no bigger supporter of the little people than Consumerist.com.

Email them at tips (at) consumerist (dot) com. Be factual and be respectful. They will listen if enough of us write in about Microsoft and CB, and lord knows Bing doesn't need any bad press from them.

Just got my laptop bag (ordered Jan 20, got shipping email Feb 20, delivered Feb 23). It's a really nice bag. A little bulky for casual use, but perfect for lugging around laptop + textbooks/miscellaneous junk, and it feels really solidly constructed (no crappy injection-mold plastic for the hooks, for instance). Never got the hype about Timbuk2 bags until now.

I just got my Shipping Information from Club Bing.
I ordered a Voltaic Solar Powered converter Bagpack (28,750 points)

Soo happy, Thank you Club Bing :)

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']I just got my Shipping Information from Club Bing.
I ordered a Voltaic Solar Powered converter Bagpack (28,750 points)
[/QUOTE]

Let me know how the backpack is! I've been considering getting one, just for kicks.

bread's done
Back