Clubbing is closing its doors after 5 years may 31st is the last day

Just got back into doing this once again. Previously, I got two 360 games and a wireless controller. Gonna shoot for something a bit higher, 20,000 points or higher.

Im trying to get this setup, figured id do this and bing rewards at the same time.

Having issues getting the club toolbar, it says IE 64bit is not supported, but im running the 32bit version. got everything setup but this dang toolbar for vip status.

[quote name='crazedimp321']Have 410 points so far. Gonna save up for the $5 amazon card. Anyone know how to make some fast points?[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread. You want the Bing Rewards thread.

I last played in 2008 or 2009 when it was still Live Search. I came back in February and started playing again.

I tried to redeem for the USB light but was denied -- "you've already claimed this prize once so we're dumping the points back in your account." Huh? Undeterred, I just tried to redeem again and this time was emailed a confirmation. We'll see what happens.

A few weeks later I get an apology email -- "we were wrong, and we're giving you 100 points because we messed up." OK, so all I really want are airlines miles and I can't get those a second time, but if they're going to give me freebies for their mistakes I might hang in there.

Received a controller yesterday (the wireless-for-windows-and-xbox one) and it shipped about a month after I ordered it. Also, I ordered a black xbox 360 controller, but then it disappeared from the prize list. So if you're looking for controllers, you should keep an eye out for it (I think it was around 7-8000 tickets).

[quote name='stacey369']i haven't played in awhile..did they change the rules to ONE account per household??[/QUOTE]

can someone please answer my question?

thanks

I think you can multiple accounts in one household (my girl and I both have one), but you may only get one prize per address.

[quote name='miraclewhip']They haven't changed the prizes for a while. I see the same ones (except here and there) since two months.[/QUOTE]
Ya, noting inspiring me to play ATM.

[quote name='welldoitlive']i just checked, they changed the daily ticket limit to 500 for EVERYONE...i think.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I checked the club bing website...it's official.

[quote name='civic_duty']Looks like everybody grabbed a Zune, unless they only had a few. It's gone already![/QUOTE]

crap, i wanted one :cry:

Now they've put up 30GB Zune's. Too bad I can't really be bothered to play, especially with the new lower ticket limit.

Pretty much just waiting for a decent 360 game to show up so I can blow my remaining tickets on it and whatever fits in the leftovers.

I'm waiting for them to put an Xbox back up so I can watch Netflix on TV. I got the 30gb Zune a couple of years ago and like it, in case anybody's thinking about it.

[quote name='RAY16']Now they've put up 30GB Zune's. Too bad I can't really be bothered to play, especially with the new lower ticket limit.

Pretty much just waiting for a decent 360 game to show up so I can blow my remaining tickets on it and whatever fits in the leftovers.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the 30 GB Zune. Maybe they took it off or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, its on the prize mall now.

I don't know if im getting this one though (already have enough points for it). I think i might save up my points in case they bring back the Zune 80GB model or something better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I earned the prize that I wanted, I usually just play sparingly and never going over 500 tickets a day, so I'm not bummed about the limit drop.

[quote name='drktrpr1']I'm not bummed about the limit drop.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I spent a month or so maxing out each day...I got sick of it.

It's like they want everyone to hate it even more. I want to dump my tickets, but there isn't anything I want in my range (30k), and I'm sure as hell not doing any more that they've halved the limit.

How long does it normally take for prizes to be processed? I realize it's only been 5 weeks (and that there's the 8-12 week shipping time period), but I've only gotten the initial order confirmation email. I hate waiting!

[quote name='drktrpr1']How long does it normally take for prizes to be processed? I realize it's only been 5 weeks (and that there's the 8-12 week shipping time period), but I've only gotten the initial order confirmation email. I hate waiting![/QUOTE]

I've usually gotten mine processed in a month, almost to the day, but it probably depends on what kind of prize you ordered.

[quote name='jordank59']As I previously recommended on page 2, if anyone gets that "you cheated" email and honestly did not cheat, please contact The Consumerist about it.

Microsoft will only change their ways if they are publicly called out, and there is no bigger supporter of the little people than Consumerist.com.

Email them at tips (at) consumerist (dot) com. Be factual and be respectful. They will listen if enough of us write in about Microsoft and CB, and lord knows Bing doesn't need any bad press from them.[/QUOTE]

I got your same "cheating" message (but back in December). I had many prizes in the pipeline that never were delivered. I asked CB to have my case reevaluated by a supervisor which to my surprise they did.

It took 2 months but I actually got an apology letter from CB, got my orders filled for prizes still in stock & got reimbursed points for the prizes that were gone. I had enough points to get a camera.

[quote name='caralisia']I got your same "cheating" message (but back in December). I had many prizes in the pipeline that never were delivered. I asked CB to have my case reevaluated by a supervisor which to my surprise they did.

It took 2 months but I actually got an apology letter from CB, got my orders filled for prizes still in stock & got reimbursed points for the prizes that were gone. I had enough points to get a camera.[/QUOTE]
You are one of a fortunate minority.

I and others have written to CB multiple times explaining our positions, all to no avail. I've had my case "escalated," which did nothing. I've even requested that my concerns be forwarded to a supervisor or someone in a position to make intelligent decisions. Every single time I wrote to them (and I do mean EVERY), I've received a generic copy-pasted message accusing me of breaking the rules. No explanations to my concerns were ever provided. That's how much CB cares about their users.

That's why I strongly recommend everyone who has a problem with CB to contact The Consumerist. We need a strong and visible consumer advocate on our side or Microsoft will just continue trampling all over us.

[quote name='jordank59']You are one of a fortunate minority.

I and others have written to CB multiple times explaining our positions, all to no avail. I've had my case "escalated," which did nothing. I've even requested that my concerns be forwarded to a supervisor or someone in a position to make intelligent decisions. Every single time I wrote to them (and I do mean EVERY), I've received a generic copy-pasted message accusing me of breaking the rules. No explanations to my concerns were ever provided. That's how much CB cares about their users.

That's why I strongly recommend everyone who has a problem with CB to contact The Consumerist. We need a strong and visible consumer advocate on our side or Microsoft will just continue trampling all over us.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. If my case hadn't been resolved I was going to make a complaint via the Consumerist.

I never redeemed big prizes in the past. The camera I ordered should be shipped out some time in the next few days (I ALWAYS got my prizes in the past delivered in EXACTLY 33 days after redeeming !) but I must admit I'm on pins and needles wondering if the camera's actually gonna materialize.

[quote name='jordank59']As I previously recommended on page 2, if anyone gets that "you cheated" email and honestly did not cheat, please contact The Consumerist about it.

Microsoft will only change their ways if they are publicly called out, and there is no bigger supporter of the little people than Consumerist.com.

Email them at tips (at) consumerist (dot) com. Be factual and be respectful. They will listen if enough of us write in about Microsoft and CB, and lord knows Bing doesn't need any bad press from them.[/QUOTE]

I stopped playing at clubbing months ago when I was unjustly flagged as a cheater. I don't know why I was suddenly feeling proactive, but I emailed the consumerist about it for you. I hope something good comes from it.

Normally my prizes come almost exactly one month after ordering them. I ordered one a month and five days ago, and now I'm getting concerned. :/ Have you guys found that when you got flagged or there was a problem with your order that it took longer to hear back from them?

[quote name='Kamera']Normally my prizes come almost exactly one month after ordering them. I ordered one a month and five days ago, and now I'm getting concerned. :/ Have you guys found that when you got flagged or there was a problem with your order that it took longer to hear back from them?[/QUOTE]
The same thing is happening to me but I'm almost 2 months already. Let me know how it goes for you. I'm hoping I'm not flagged :(

[quote name='Mayson']I stopped playing at clubbing months ago when I was unjustly flagged as a cheater. I don't know why I was suddenly feeling proactive, but I emailed the consumerist about it for you. I hope something good comes from it.[/QUOTE]

That's great! The more people that share with them how Microsoft mistreats its CB users, the better.

[quote name='Kamera']Normally my prizes come almost exactly one month after ordering them. I ordered one a month and five days ago, and now I'm getting concerned. :/ Have you guys found that when you got flagged or there was a problem with your order that it took longer to hear back from them?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone ordered a more expensive, larger point prize and how long does that usually take to arrive? I ordered the camera and it hasn't come yet but should have. (All past prizes took 4-5 weeks except when I was flagged).

I'm gonna be mega-pissed if I don't get my camera. I got the "You Cheated" email (which I did not), fought and fought w/CB until they finally realized I did not cheat & reimbursed me points plus sent me my prizes still in stock.

Now the 1st prize I've redeemed after getting my "We're sorry we flagged you by mistake" email has not come. I bet they reflagged me for cheating (which I never have!). I've been flagged TWICE before & cleared twice! Now it seems like I got flagged again? FOR THE 3RD TIME!?? fuck I wanna kick CB's azzzz.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back