Clubbing is closing its doors after 5 years may 31st is the last day

[quote name='auxtek']Well, I still have not received my order for the camera dated 2/24. I wrote them and oddly enough I didnt recieve the "you cheated" mail. Instead I received the "we are looking into it" mail. I figured while I'm waiting I may as well start slamming them via twitter, so that's what I'm doing. If anyone wants to help that would be cool. Type in Club Bing in the search engine and you'll find me..retweets would be great! It might not help in the big picture but I certainly feel better publically slamming them.[/QUOTE]

Getting the "We are looking into it" email is a GOOD THING. When I was sent that email CB bumped up my complaint to their investigation team.

It took me about 6 weeks to get an answer that I didn't cheat after all (which was good) but the bad thing was, the prize I ordered was now out of stock so I got reimbursed points as well as some extra "We're sorry" points.

I think you will wind up getting your prize or the points.

Seriously, why would you slam them if they actually acknowledged that you had a problem? That's more than they do for most people.

Dear Club Bing Member,

As of June 9, 2011, support for the Club Bing toolbar and Club Bing VIP program will be discontinued. We recommend that you uninstall the Club Bing toolbar.

Uninstall Club Bing Toolbar

Although you will no longer be able to earn Club Bing tickets for searches from the toolbar, you can continue to earn tickets by playing games at Club Bing when you're signed in with your Windows Live™ ID. Beginning June 9, 2011, Club Bing will make exclusive VIP prizes and ticket discounts available to all Club Bing members while supplies last.

As an alternative to the Club Bing toolbar, try Bing Rewards.

Thank you for your support,

Microsoft Club Bing

Looks like the vip program and toolbar are no more good thing

The front page message regarding that has the Chicktionary chicken with its arms crossed and sunglasses on. I know it's cause of the VIP thing, but all they need to do is slide the glasses down and flash "DEAL WITH IT". XP

Damn it, Ninja Gaiden 2 is back up but there's no way it'll still be there by the time I can get enough tickets. Blargh.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Seriously, why would you slam them if they actually acknowledged that you had a problem? That's more than they do for most people.[/QUOTE]

The key there is "more than they do for most people". Regardless of whether I get the item I ordered, Microsoft could of and should of dealt with this issue years ago.

Just got an email from the "executive offices" of Microsoft saying they are looking into it. I sent them an email talking about how this can't look good for their image. Said they would get back in touch within three business days.

Hows club bing now? I haven't played ever since they didn't send me the prize.. Is it back up to the normal 30 days and you get your prize?

Seems to be fluctuating between 1-2 months now. It's not very prompt anymore. And they keep making weird changes (only 500tx/day, no more toolbar, longer reviews, extra strict).

Thanks civic_duty and VioletArrows. If everyone whose stuff got shipped can you post how long it took so we can get an idea of CB's timeline now. Thanks.

Ordered a Xbox 360 Wireless Headset May 5, got the shipping email last night (June 6) so back to one month or so for me, too.

Ordered Xbox remote and play and charge kit on 5/3, SceneIt game on 5/4, and wireless controller on 5/5; all shipped on 6/3.

After seeing the swag posts in this thread today & already being a bing rewards user, I could kick myself for not using Club Bing until earlier today... I crawled out from under the rock, Thanks OP!

Shipping times are back to normal for me, getting prizes exactly 33 days after ordering them. I'm also batting 100% with the "heads up" tracking/confirmation emails which is always nice!

Now if they'd just bring the daily points max back up to 1,000 pts. per day. This 500 tix per day limit is KILLING me. Everything just takes SOOOOO long......

Just got a "you've cheated" email. This is so aggrivating. I've been playing legitimately for months now and this is what i get? WTH is this?!

ask Bing to reevaluate your case and bump it up to their investigation team. I think they just mass flag people for no reason. I was told twice that I cheated, fought it both times and got my stuff in the end.

Process will take about 2 mos. but its worth it if you've ordered a big item.

4 months later and they refunded me my points for the Black wireless Xbox 360 controller.

3.5 months later I got the shipping email for the charge kit.

So glad I'm done with this.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I can't believe some of you are getting lots of good stuff, I've barely gotten 400 msp 1 time and am barely going to reach enough to get another 400 msp.[/QUOTE]

wrong points program..this is Club Bing not Bing Rewards

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Sympathy BUMP.

Anybody even doing this site anymore?[/QUOTE]

Haven't really been bothered since they lowered the ticket limit. That and there isn't really much of interest on there at the moment. Occasionally Ninja Gaiden 2 shows up, which I'd like to get, but I can't earn the points before its gone again and I hadn't been building points up to the point where it shows up. :/

If they had not accused me of cheating and stopped sending me prizes then I would still be doing this site.

got a shipping email for Scene It tonight, I'm done with this program now. They make it too time consuming to get anything and the prizes haven't been updated in MONTHS to even make me reconsider getting more points.

I haven't done this in years.
I still kick myself for not going more crazy back in June/July of 2007. They sent ALL prizes earned in that time period out eventually. I still got over 10 copies of Vista Ultimate and a zune, but I could have got much, much more. I stopped because I figured at that point they'd never send any of it out if everyone was as gung-ho as I was. They didn't either, but eventually they had that court case and just said fuck it.

I need to get around 200 pts so I can pick out my last prize. But I can't even gather the motivation to do that. :p

EDIT: Never mind, they took the prize I wanted down within the last couple of days. -_-*

They didn't send me my last prizes and I was sooo angry but too tired to contact them. I figured they would just send me a canned cheating accusation (which I wasn't), so I quit. Then recently I got back into it. My motivation...revenge. I'm slowly getting my prizes. They're small, but eh. We'll see how long I last.

I still play occasionally (check out the prize mall once a week just to see what's up) but it takes SO LONG now to amass points in order to get a half way decent prize I'm unmotivated. Between cutting the daily ticket limit down to 500 pts., NEVER having double-point days anymore and only adding one new prize (a cheap crock-pot!) in months I'm pretty much done. I'm too afraid to try to earn a big ticket prize because the last big thing I ordered (camera) CB accused me of cheating and it was a nightmare trying to get my prize in the end.

[quote name='caralisia']I still play occasionally (check out the prize mall once a week just to see what's up) but it takes SO LONG now to amass points in order to get a half way decent prize I'm unmotivated. Between cutting the daily ticket limit down to 500 pts., NEVER having double-point days anymore and only adding one new prize (a cheap crock-pot!) in months I'm pretty much done. I'm too afraid to try to earn a big ticket prize because the last big thing I ordered (camera) CB accused me of cheating and it was a nightmare trying to get my prize in the end.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know what's the highest small-prize you can order without being called a cheater? Also, Caralisia, what did you have to do to get your camera in the end?

[quote name='julie']Does anyone know what's the highest small-prize you can order without being called a cheater? Also, Caralisia, what did you have to do to get your camera in the end?[/QUOTE]

I sent a very nice email to CB telling them I did not cheat and to reopen my case and evaluate (which Club Bing will if you ask nicely). You need to add your original prize confirmation number for the prize in question or they won't take the case (hope you kept that). And no, CB will not look up prize numbers for you.

It takes about 2 months for CB to investigate and come to a decision. I was accused of cheating twice, went thru the process twice and wound up getting BOTH prizes in the end. The 2nd time I was accused of cheating (camera) I had 6-7 cheaper, smaller prizes in the pipeline that I didn't get but once my case was resolved not only did CB give me my camera they filled all my back-ordered prizes requests and reimbursed me points for prizes I'd ordered but were no longer in stock.

I think CB also gave me a few extra thousand points? as an "I'm sorry"? but I must say they did right by me in the end. It just took a long time. I do not know what the highest point prize you can order without being flagged a cheater (maybe prizes under 5,000 ?). The 1st prize I ordered (BBQ Set my husband wanted - 12,500 pts.) got me flagged. The camera was over 25,000 pts ?? Can't remember about the camera but that sounds about right.

[quote name='caralisia']I sent a very nice email to CB telling them I did not cheat and to reopen my case and evaluate (which Club Bing will if you ask nicely). You need to add your original prize confirmation number for the prize in question or they won't take the case (hope you kept that). And no, CB will not look up prize numbers for you.

It takes about 2 months for CB to investigate and come to a decision. I was accused of cheating twice, went thru the process twice and wound up getting BOTH prizes in the end. The 2nd time I was accused of cheating (camera) I had 6-7 cheaper, smaller prizes in the pipeline that I didn't get but once my case was resolved not only did CB give me my camera they filled all my back-ordered prizes requests and reimbursed me points for prizes I'd ordered but were no longer in stock.

I think CB also gave me a few extra thousand points? as an "I'm sorry"? but I must say they did right by me in the end. It just took a long time. I do not know what the highest point prize you can order without being flagged a cheater (maybe prizes under 5,000 ?). The 1st prize I ordered (BBQ Set my husband wanted - 12,500 pts.) got me flagged. The camera was over 25,000 pts ?? Can't remember about the camera but that sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

5,000 could be close, in the past when I used club bing I ordered multiple ~4900 items, like forza 2 and an xbox 360 controller (before they double the price on the dumb thing) and I got them in roughly a month each without any hassle.

I've been playing again recently. Picked up a wireless headset a little while back that came with no problems.

Oh, and they've added 3-month subs to slacker radio and Hulu Plus. Reasonably priced too. (Hulu is 2.6k. Slacker is in the 1k and change.)

Potential new member here. Was just wondering is this worth a look, or just yet another waste of time? I'm enjoying/cursed with a bit of downtime right now(between classes). And looking to score some free stuff(I know, nothing's really free). Thank you for any assistance :D

[quote name='pyoobez']I've been playing again recently. Picked up a wireless headset a little while back that came with no problems.

Oh, and they've added 3-month subs to slacker radio and Hulu Plus. Reasonably priced too. (Hulu is 2.6k. Slacker is in the 1k and change.)[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Going back to Club Bing feels like being re-assimilated by the Borg, but I have to admit that they've improved the selection a bit. Still hate the 500 ticket/day limit with a passion, though.

[quote name='D0ugie']Potential new member here. Was just wondering is this worth a look, or just yet another waste of time? I'm enjoying/cursed with a bit of downtime right now(between classes). And looking to score some free stuff(I know, nothing's really free). Thank you for any assistance :D[/QUOTE]

It's definitely worth a look if you have the time. Only real thing of note is that some of the top tier prizes may or may not be refurbs if that's an issue. (I know my 360 was, not positive on my first gen Zune.)

Also, if you do it through IE or Firefox with the bing bar installed, it'll rack up your searches in minutes. :lol:

Well i lost a couple thousand points because i didn't play for a while, most of the prizes i put in my list are no longer valid, and they either changed something on their end or at my work and i can't play anymore at work.

So no.

I will say I did get Scene It Box office Smash and the xbox battery charger for free. so when i did do it, it was worth it.

They accused me of cheating and refused to send me prizes. Has anyone that had that happen tried using their account again or opening a new one?

Just got this e-mail.

Dear Club Bing Member,

We're writing to let you know that after May 31, 2012, the Club Bing program will be discontinued. You can continue to play games and earn tickets through May 15, 2012. Game play will end May 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM PDT. You will still be able to redeem your tickets for prizes through May 31, 2012. Prizes will no longer be available to order after May 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM PDT. Please see Club Bing and our updated Terms and Conditions for more information.

Prize selection is limited, so we encourage you to visit the Club Bing Prize Mall early to redeem your tickets for the best selection. Please note that if the prize you selected is no longer available, Club Bing may refund your tickets, or substitute a prize or prizes of comparable or higher value.

As an alternative to Club Bing, we encourage you to check out Bing Rewards and Bing Entertainment.

• Bing Rewards: Join Bing Rewards and earn credits when you search with Bing. Credits can be redeemed for Redbox one-night movie rentals, Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards and more.
  • Bing Entertainment: Play a wide range of free online games on Bing. Choose from word games, puzzles, action games and more.
Thank you for participating in Club Bing,
Microsoft Club Bing

[quote name='Tardcore']Just got this e-mail.[/QUOTE]

Yup, got that e-mail, too, and came looking for this thread. Thinking about getting the Hulu Plus sub (needs credit-card info) but don't know what to spend my other 4,000 points on.

Edit: Actually, decided to just pull the trigger on this. We'll see how fast this online sub gets delivered.

I was just looking at it yesterday, sorting through my prize receipts (the wireless keyboard I got in '10 is dying and I was going to try and RMA), and wondering when they were going to finally close it.

bread's done
Back