CNET editor James Kim missing. UPDATE - Found deceased, family alive.

RIP. In retrospect, if I were in his position, I'd start burning trees. You'd see smoke from miles away. I'm sorry Mother Nature, but it's survival of the fittest.

This guy will definately go down as a hero. It's heartwrenching that he died trying to save his family against all odds.

[quote name='CitizenB']RIP Its weird but his death feels more personal then other "celebrities." I wonder if they'll tell us what he died of, was it hypothermia, starvation, poisonous food etc.[/QUOTE]I have never hard of this guy before recently,

but for some strange reason I feel the same...

it must be the young daughters...

RIP

[quote name='CitizenB']RIP Its weird but his death feels more personal then other "celebrities." I wonder if they'll tell us what he died of, was it hypothermia, starvation, poisonous food etc.[/quote]

I feel the same way... I think it's because we can relate to him and he actually may have had an impact on us, unlike most celebrities.

RIP James Kim.

[quote name='tacklebox']I feel the same way... I think it's because we can relate to him and he actually may have had an impact on us, unlike most celebrities.

RIP James Kim.[/quote]

Yeah.

This shit is just too unfair.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']RIP. In retrospect, if I were in his position, I'd start burning trees. You'd see smoke from miles away. I'm sorry Mother Nature, but it's survival of the fittest.[/QUOTE]

He was supposedly carrying a lighter so it would have been possible if the whole area wasn't so damn wet. That was one thing they kept commenting on in the news was how wet the area was. Every piece of clothing that he left behind was wet, and it was kind of a swampy area.

I hadn't heard of him before this, but still feel bad. I guess I was just hoping for the happy ending like everyone else.

this sucks i remeber when this guy used to be on techtv. I always thought he was cool, he should be remebered as a hero.

This is such a sad story.

I always envision myself in someone's situation when something like this happens...

Can't imagine what his last hours were like... that really breaks my heart thinking about what that would be like. Having absolutely no energy, being freezing cold but fighting with every last ounce of strength you have, knowing your family is on the line...

If nothing else, I take solace in knowing this wasn't a murder or something... that's what I was thinking the whole time.

He fought till the cold, bitter end for the most unselfish cause... it's unbelievably admirable.

Very sad news, i remember him back on Tech TV and i just saw his Zune review and remembered him from screen savers. Sounds like a brave man for what he did to try and save his family, he will be remembered.

On ABC news last night, they reported that the helicopter was able to find the car by first spotting Kim's footprints. So it sounds like his final acts directly contributed to the rescure of his family.

[quote name='Z-Saber']What really sucks is he died not knowing the fate of his family.[/QUOTE]
Not only that but his dying thought was probably that he had failed his family by not finding help. Truly tragic.

bread's done
Back