CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='M1C13']I am a level 32 and I am still using the FAMAS (weapon you start with) as my go to primary, I suck at sniping.

What gun is your all around go to?[/QUOTE]

Implying my weapon of choice is a gun...

riot-shield.jpg

Oh baby...

I'm level 42 and my favorites are RPD with Bling Pro (Red Dot Sight & Grip), L86 with Bling Pro (Grip & FMJ) which I just unlocked mastery with yesterday, & P90 with Red Dot Sight or Rapid Fire for smaller maps. I like to use LMGs so those are the main ones I use.

The funniest thing is that everybody was so happy about Akimbo but I rarely see anyone use it. I don't care for it that much but it is interesting to see in game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fastest I've ever finished a Call of Duty game on Veteran, that feels kind of weird.

I could use someone to play Spec Ops with since some of them are really tough.

I love the game headquarters a lot. Something about having to defend a certain point appeals to me much more than mindless running around in a deathmatch.

What annoys me is when people try to play it like a death match. All these guys standing outside of the target room watching there K/D instead of capturing bases or worse...destroying them.

Is there a difference between the red dot and the holographic site other than a slightly different reticle?

Also...what is the fucking reason behind disabling team chat?

[quote name='cdeener']Just wait until they review AC2. Your right about them though.
[/QUOTE]
Although AC2 will get a 5/5 from Xplay (it's a new release). I'm not sure if they will hold back criticism as they did for MW2. If you ever watched Xplay in the past month - all they talk about is MW2 and to bad mouth the game would be bad mouthing their entire show. AC2 has not been getting THAT much hype (from what I've seen). But, I've been avoiding most coverage.

[quote name='slickkill77']M4 with holographic sight[/QUOTE]
Ah... I want the M4. At what level do you get it?

Ah what?!

*goes to check*

Oh yea, that's right. The M16 is the one that is locked. I've just used the FAMAS due to the better stats. It's been working out pretty well.

[quote name='zewone']M4 is unlocked from the start.[/QUOTE]
Do you play online?

[quote name='M1C13']I am a level 32 and I am still using the FAMAS (weapon you start with) as my go to primary, I suck at sniping.

What gun is your all around go to?[/QUOTE]

Bling SCAR-H with M203 Launcher and Holographic Sight.

Also have been using the FAL with the Holographic Sight a lot recently; reminds me of the G3 from CoD4

I read that all unlocks can be used offline in split-screen and possibly private matches on live.

I also read that experience can be gained (and stuff unlocks like weapons, attachments, perks, etc) in offline split-screen. the experience gained however, is not stacked with the online experience.

now, I plan to mess around in private split-screen to learn the maps, level a bit and mess with weapons/attachments/perks/etc.

In the event that I reach level 70 in multiplayer and prestige, will I still have acess to all the offline unlocks? I ask since there is an option to have Live unlocks on/off in split-screen but not sure if only online is reset.

when unlocking attachments, do they unlock for a specific gun only or all types of that gun (assault rifle, smg or even all primary/secondary)?

oh and another question. are any of the default classes actually decent to use online? I'm close to leveling up and unlocking the ability to create classes but just want to know.

everyone says CoD4 was better, I want to know it what aspect? The maps are way better because there is more variety and they are larger sure there is still camping but thats all CoD4 Multiplayer was, was camping. The guns are way better the only complaint is their all shoot the same in a way.

When is their going to be a list somewhere with the titles and emblems and what it takes to achieve them?

Dude I love the riot shield. I have been using it on almost every level. Still havent figured out to really use it effectively but I am like 1:2 with it. The fact that everyone just freaks out when they see one is so damn funny its hard to pass up.

Although the thing I hate about the riot shield is the damn melee system. Sometimes it just plain misses which leaves you out of position and easily shot.

[quote name='The3amJunkie']everyone says CoD4 was better, I want to know it what aspect? The maps are way better because there is more variety and they are larger sure there is still camping but thats all CoD4 Multiplayer was, was camping. The guns are way better the only complaint is their all shoot the same in a way.

When is their going to be a list somewhere with the titles and emblems and what it takes to achieve them?[/QUOTE]

I like the maps in COD4 better. There are only 5 i really like in CODMW2...Highrise, Karachi, Skidrow, Terminal, and Wasteland. The ones i really dont like are.... Derail, Favela, Quarry, Scrapyard, and Underpass. The rest of the maps i dont love or hate.

As far as COD4 goes, i liked 12 of the 15 maps the game came with, the only ones i didnt really like were Bog, Countdown, Shipment, and Wet Work.

I even prefer some of the CODWAW maps over some of the CODMW2 maps. Most of the CODWAW maps were nice.

CODMW2 maps seem too cluttered, or big.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Dude I love the riot shield. I have been using it on almost every level. Still havent figured out to really use it effectively but I am like 1:2 with it. The fact that everyone just freaks out when they see one is so damn funny its hard to pass up.

Although the thing I hate about the riot shield is the damn melee system. Sometimes it just plain misses which leaves you out of position and easily shot.[/QUOTE]

Riot shield + Throwing knife for the win :applause:. Its always fun owning someone with your knife. Granted its not the easiest thing to use, but its a one hit kill. I've had some pretty redonkulous throwing knife kills so far, a few of them were pretty much like a hail mary knife throw that actually hit someone :bouncy:. Either that, or the auto-shotgun, seems to be another popular choice for riot shield.

For Team Deathmatch Estate is TERRIBLE.

Me and a friend ALMOST got through Big Brother on Veteran. We got to the last area (Or at least I thought it was the last area) and pretty much every enemy spawned and I died :( We got through Hidden, though. For some of the Spec Op missions, I don't understand how the estimated times are possible.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I read that all unlocks can be used offline in split-screen and possibly private matches on live.

I also read that experience can be gained (and stuff unlocks like weapons, attachments, perks, etc) in offline split-screen. the experience gained however, is not stacked with the online experience.

now, I plan to mess around in private split-screen to learn the maps, level a bit and mess with weapons/attachments/perks/etc.

In the event that I reach level 70 in multiplayer and prestige, will I still have acess to all the offline unlocks? I ask since there is an option to have Live unlocks on/off in split-screen but not sure if only online is reset.

when unlocking attachments, do they unlock for a specific gun only or all types of that gun (assault rifle, smg or even all primary/secondary)?

oh and another question. are any of the default classes actually decent to use online? I'm close to leveling up and unlocking the ability to create classes but just want to know.[/QUOTE]

No clue about the offline / split-screen stuff. However, attachments are earned on a per gun basis. IE: a red dot unlock on a M4A1, won't also unlock it for other assault rifles. Same thing goes for secondaries as well. As for the pre-made classes, in my opinion they are pretty "meh". They're good enough, until you have the ability to create your own class, and start unlocking more guns // attachments, but to be honest, I wouldn't really use them much after that in the long run.

A lot of them have not so useful perks, or secondaries, etc. Granted, they do have some perks that you won't unlock till quite a bit later, but the ability to tailor a set up to your style, through create a class is a lot better - at least in my opinion. When I first started playing, I used the "Grenadier" class, with the Famas (three round burst). It is fairly decent, with stopping power, and can pretty much take down most people in one burst, and noob-tube is always lovely. But beyond that, I would definitely use create a class. Thankfully it unlocks pretty early, so you aren't stuck with the generic classes for long :bouncy:.

I am officially addicted and I never played CoD4 at all except with my terrible stoner roommates two years ago a few times. God I love this game...glad I bought into the hype and picked it up. Got to the last mission in single player days ago and have been playing mp too much to finish it.

add me if you want to play.

There's a really nice *cough* rip of the music *cough* from the pc version of the game.8-[ If anyone wants to download it just ask or pm me.
I got it from http://gh.ffshrine.org/ .

If this isn't allowed I'll take this post down but I figured since there is no commercial release of the soundtrack that it wouldn't be an issue. Then again, what the hell do I know?

Finished up the single player last night. Seemed good to me, but not as good as MW1. No mission really eclipsed All Ghillied Up.

I'd like to think that the missions taking place in
Virginia
(I doubt I needed to spoiler that) would have had civilians running around all over the place. Seems like a weird thing to overlook, after the No Russian level. Maybe they thought no one could handle that if it hits so close personally?

All of the levels they showed off before release felt a little disappointing, such as the snowmobiles and ice climbing. Even the business with
the ISS
felt a little tacked on.

Still lots of fun though. Felt much shorter this time around, but I liked it. Maybe everyone who seems to have an issue with it can point me toward an FPS with a better one overall.

Questions regarding the story:
I can somewhat buy Shepherd being angr after personal glory under some self-absorbed premise that he's fighting for what he believes is right, in order to correct some grave mistake of the past. But it sure is flimsy. Maybe that's the point though, since so much of mankind's past denigrates downward into this sort of thing, where a few people with ridiculous notions of self-grandeur jeopardize peace.

Why would Makarov reveal Shepherd's position to Price? Both of those guys want WWIII, with the US and Russian going for another round. Seems to me that if you were to kill Shepherd so close after the events in the game, he might be seen as some kind of national martyr. Not unlike Zakhaev, actually. Maybe that's the point there...I just envisioned some sort of drawn out fight playing out versus killing one of the two major players.

I wish it had better told me "Act II" and so forth. I kept thinking the game was going to be really long, and then later when I realized that wasn't the case, I thought maybe this game only contained Act I. But this is a minor complaint.

Anyway, excellent game. I commend IF again and can't wait for the inevitable sequel. I'd rather they just get it out now and leave the MP as is, but whatever. I mean I'll be playing this for months, most likely.

For Strell
I think the reason Makarov helped the 141 was because, as Price explained, Makarov was greatly outnumbered as it was. If he were to continue fighting Shepard, it would only add more fuel to the American fire and Makarov would lose even faster. I guess(its been a few days) Makarov justified it because he didn't want to lose anymore men and Price was obviously pissed that Shepard crossed him.

Just a comment on the story in general
I love what they did with the characters dieing off. It gave a sense of an actual story where people were driven by their emotions. Rather than most video game/movie stories where every main character survives. I was shocked when Makarov shot the American. I was really shocked when Shepard shot Ghost and Roach.

I had no problem with the length of the game either. I'd always rather have quality over quantity. Like the ISS scene. I didn't feel that it was tacked on. I thought it really added on to the impact of what was going down. The 141 wanted to help America get support for their war and they did just that. I wish the part where the Russians invaded America was flushed out a little more but it was still cool to see even though we knew it was going to happen from the trailer.

I really hope they release some spec ops missions as well as maps for the DLC. Spec Ops is a lot of fun

Maybe tacked on is the incorrect way of describing it.

I meant more - in relation to the
ISS
- that it's shown in commercials and so forth, and you start thinking "Wow that mission is going to be awesome," and then it's little more than few seconds of cinema. Kind of like how you only climb ice for a few minutes, and drive floaty snowmobiles for a few minutes, etc. Disappointment is more the correct word, but I hate using that because the entirety of the single player is extremely strong, compelling, and well executed, and that word breeds a lot more of a dour picture than anything else.

Re: the other thing
I guess Shadow Company dissolves at that point? I see it more likely triggering just as much pro-American sentiment, assuming the US government starts to spin the entire thing as an official WWIII scenario. I.e., Shadow Company is added to US ranks, a new guy steps into power for the military with these forces and the blank check, and large scale war breaks out. Hell, you can even toss Britian in there as well, since public outcry would most likely say we need to go after that former ally as well.

I just think killing him that quickly just further frenzies the hive, so to speak. All you accomplish by killing him is a momentary set back, while red tape is cut through to get more brass in there. But eh, I'm reading too much into this most likely. Just seemed like an odd move to pull at the time, if only because I have a hard time thinking the American public won't find out about everything. I mean, they got bombed and invaded - what better time to drum up support in the wake of a dead hero-commander?

Still can't wait for more.

Too funny. I learned more about the story through this thread than my first playthrough. Starting to piece it ALL together but it
definitely jumps around way more than it should. At this point I think I still liked the COD4 campaign better.

Anybody finish the "MUSEUM" level with JUGGO?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']What the hell is the "MUSEUM" level? I walked around and looked at things and shot stuff, but is there an actual point to it?[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought but there's a "RED BUTTON" that you push at the desk in the middle that makes all the soldiers come
alive and try to take you out. Stock up at the glass case first though before pushing the button. Have fun with the JUGGO :lol:.

Sweet balls I suck at this game. I think it's just too fast for me, I am only 25 years old but I feel like the slow old man lol. The pace of this game isn't really my cup of tea, I prefer games that are more methodical (like Battlefield, I mean compared to this lol).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ah, is that not your XBLID?[/QUOTE]

zewonebeerleft is my gamertag. Why? Is there a place to look up stats online or something?

I tried some Spec Ops and boy is it gonna be hard to 3 star them all :cry:. I only have 6 so far (the pit and first stealth one). I was able to get the the last wave in the sniper-fi one several times and died but afterward couldn't even make it to 3rd wave. The Brazil one is a pain since I barely even get to the halfway mark: I either get sniped from the rooftops at the deep ends of the map (where I can't even see the people), get killed by a damn dog, or blown up by a red barrel that an enemy shot. The estimated times are also ridiculous imo :bomb:.

Tillawen, thanks for the little tidbits :cool:

What the veteran difficulty on single player lacks, the Spec Ops mode more than makes up for it. Boy is it tough. But one day... one day I will get those 69 stars.

[quote name='zewone']zewonebeerleft is my gamertag. Why? Is there a place to look up stats online or something?[/QUOTE]
Oh, it didn't show your veteran achievements. Did the same with Broly then all the sudden they came back up.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh, it didn't show your veteran achievements. Did the same with Broly then all the sudden they came back up.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I did those on a different account. I haven't done it on this account yet.

[quote name='supakilla9']What the veteran difficulty on single player lacks, the Spec Ops mode more than makes up for it. Boy is it tough. But one day... one day I will get those 69 stars.[/QUOTE]

Only one left on Veteran Spec Ops for me... Wetwork. I seriously hate that level already, the furthest I made it was to the smoke part right before the second breach. I should hopefully finish it this week, that will only leave intel and maybe 1-2 other achievements before I am done and can stick to MP only.

I have 45/69 stars in Spec Ops. Most missions I can get done with a friend, but then a lucky shot takes us both out.

Me and DarknessBear FINALLY beat Snatch and Grab. They really tried to cheat us at the final part by spawning 4 Juggernauts, the 5th one we faced in that level. At least they graced us with no enemies the rest of the way.

[quote name='jlarlee']whats the difference between the red dot and holographic sights?[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, holographic seems a lot like red dot, but has a bit of magnification to it as well.

in real life: A red dot is just a red dot and a holographic sight which is known as an EOTEK is a circle with a dot on the inside. Realistically speaking, the EOTEK creates an easier sight picture the way it is designed for you. It also is easier to use in night time conditions, however due to the brightness settings (adjustable) it can give people problems with shooting unless they have gauged it first.
Personally I prefer the ACOG.
In the game: The holographic attachment is a circle with a dot which seems to have a little bit of zoom in it, at least a little more than the red dot has.

So I did the museum thing last night and actually killed (I think) everyone in every room. After you complete a room a buzzer sounds and pretty sure I did all the rooms there but didnt get a confirmation or anything.

Its amusing to play it but I dont know if you can "beat" it.

EDIT: You know something that I love about this game but most people dont really notice? I love the fact that within 10 seconds of me putting the disc into my system I am already either playing the single player or on XBL. Its a subtle thing but it does wonders for the overall experience of the game. I dont need a 10 min EA sports countdown or a crazy intro that I cant skip....just take me to the game.

Big fan of Domination. Even if you're the type that gets owned, you can still pick up points running around and securing areas. And even if you're the type that can play pretty well, it's also an easier way to get a few hundred extra XP a match.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Big fan of Domination. Even if you're the type that gets owned, you can still pick up points running around and securing areas. And even if you're the type that can play pretty well, it's also an easier way to get a few hundred extra XP a match.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, for the past week I have been playing exclusively Team Deathmatch but last night I started playing Domination my k/d went from ~15/10 on TD to ~24/8 on Domination and ranked from 32-35 in about an hour.

domination is cool but even better imo is ground war. it's a mix of big team deathmatch 9 vs 9 and every other game it will be domination. you can rack up a mass amount of points and playing this has gotten me to like the game a little bit better. there are hardly any campers, alot of people aim for a high score so they play as a team and it's fun. oh and you can still be in a party chat if ya want..

[quote name='intoxicated662']domination is cool but even better imo is ground war. it's a mix of big team deathmatch 9 vs 9 and every other game it will be domination. you can rack up a mass amount of points and playing this has gotten me to like the game a little bit better. there are hardly any campers, alot of people aim for a high score so they play as a team and it's fun. oh and you can still be in a party chat if ya want..[/QUOTE]

The being able to stay in a party chat is why this mode is almost all my friends and I play.

Yeah I discovered Ground war the other day. way fun. 9v9 Derail is the shit.
You get so many more kills in ground war it easier to level up your weapons. Thats where the experience is at. 10000 is a lot.

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the fast that your titles,emblems, and accolades do not whip when you prestige.

i keep getting my ass handed to me in multiplayer, i prestiged twice in COD4, and i didnt play for the last 6 or so months that much and now everyone is gods at this game. sigh...

bread's done
Back