CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

My stealth class:

- P90 w/ silencer
- G18 (this is more of a personal preference for my style of play)
- Frag
- 2x Stun
- Marathon Pro
- Cold-Blooded Pro
- Ninja Pro

[quote name='Soodmeg']Lordwow, you summbitch. How you been? [/QUOTE]

Good, but ridiculously busy w/ grad school

I was pretty darn good in COD4, but I completely suck in MW2. Pretty frustrating. Does anyone want to play with me? I need a buddy to get owned with.

Maybe 2 other CAGs so we can do 3v3.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I was pretty darn good in COD4, but I completely suck in MW2. Pretty frustrating. Does anyone want to play with me? I need a buddy to get owned with.

Maybe 2 other CAGs so we can do 3v3.[/QUOTE]Ha, I'm the complete opposite.

In MW1 my KD is 1.14

In MW2 my KD is 2.05

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Crazy. Where can you find your KD ratio? I don't think I saw it under stats.[/QUOTE]Barracks => Leaderboards => Kills.

It'll show: rank, kills, deaths, K : D ratio, & longest killstreak.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Ha, I'm the complete opposite.

In MW1 my KD is 1.14

In MW2 my KD is 2.05[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say you boosted with your brother in MW2 though?

Oh shit... I'll never talk to you again Kefka... tsk tsk.

I just played ONE FFA game without anyone boosting one another. And then went right back into a game where people were boosting. I fucking hate that shit. I went 30-7 on the FFA without boosting though.

Too bad, I liked FFA. Until they stop letting people group up and play FFA (what is the point?) I'm not going to play it.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Ha, I'm the complete opposite.

In MW1 my KD is 1.14

In MW2 my KD is 2.05[/QUOTE]

Same here, mine has jumped a full point from 2.00 in MW1 to 3.06 in MW2.

Each CoD game seems to get easier, maybe because I stopped playing Halo so now I don't have to remember two different button layouts.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh shit... I'll never talk to you again Kefka... tsk tsk.

I just played ONE FFA game without anyone boosting one another. And then went right back into a game where people were boosting. I fucking hate that shit. I went 30-7 on the FFA without boosting though.

Too bad, I liked FFA. Until they stop letting people group up and play FFA (what is the point?) I'm not going to play it.[/QUOTE][quote name='zewone']Didn't you say you boosted with your brother in MW2 though?[/QUOTE]2 players on 1 account = a higher rank on everything, not a higher K : D ratio.

Also, boosting isn't the quite the right word. That makes it sound like we both have PS3s. Then we got into a public game & just sat there killing each other...

Im...possib...le... to get a 1v1 match in MW2. There were a ton of "Challenges?" or just quitting if you don't have a mic in COD4, but occasionally you'd find someone. Not one game in MW2.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Im...possib...le... to get a 1v1 match in MW2. There were a ton of "Challenges?" or just quitting if you don't have a mic in COD4, but occasionally you'd find someone. Not one game in MW2.[/QUOTE]

Not many people play it due to it being just a campfest.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Im...possib...le... to get a 1v1 match in MW2. [/QUOTE]Is the TPS 'Cage Match' game mode broken?

^ a private match or a 3rd person cage match? 3rd person cage match requires a little coordination with inviting your friend before the lobby fills up. I never tried doing a 1v1 private match but i assume its possible since u can go in solo and run about.

Still experimenting with different weapons. I have my Sniper Rifle down, but my run 'n gun weapon is still up in the air. Right now just using a shotgun as my run and gunner, but the range can be tough to deal with.

Sometimes I use the SCAR-H, UMP, Famas, just switching around.

On a sidenote though, hit level 50 and got the Javelin. That thing owns on certain maps.

One last P.S. I ran into a Javelin glitcher the other night, kept blowing me up when I filled his mouth with bullets. Then, I found his Javelin one time, took it, and blew him up. Left after I blew him up three times in a row.

[quote name='LordKefka06']The PS3 patch didn't fix the javelin glitch.

The game I played right after I DLed the patch, had a guy doing it.[/QUOTE]

The guy that was glitching maybe hadn't received the mandatory update yet? It seems that when they roll out updates not everyone gets them at the same time....who knows though...

So, I should be getting this in a couple of weeks and I've noticed in the last day or so that I am lacking in the Sniping department. Can anyone suggest a good Sniper Rifle or other long-range weapon?

im just getting so frustrated right now, i need a good secondary weapon. My main class has a M4A1 which is about a mid distance gun and im using a G18 machine pistol right now but the secondary weapon isnt doing me anygood. thinking about using a shot gun but i dont know, any recommendations?

[quote name='RobMinhas']im just getting so frustrated right now, i need a good secondary weapon. My main class has a M4A1 which is about a mid distance gun and im using a G18 machine pistol right now but the secondary weapon isnt doing me anygood. thinking about using a shot gun but i dont know, any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

What level are you? The Ranger works well in the mid levels.

All of the secondary shotguns are really good, Spaz/1887 for range or AA-12/Striker for fire rate. 1887 is op in my opinion.

After completing the SCAR, M4, and ACR I tried out the M16... Why the fuck have I not used this gun until now? K/D is soaring.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Is the SCAR the only gun that can have the heartbeat sensor attached?[/QUOTE]

No for any assault rifle, you have to get 15 kills with the silencer attached to unlock the heartbeat sensor. For your previous question I like using the last unlocked sniper, I think its the M14?, but I'm more of an AR user.

I hate when people bitch about campers, I mean what the hell? It is war, anything goes in war. I heard people bitch about run & gunners before.... People need to quite their goddamn bitching. The bitching is ruining the game. People are bitch are the ones getting their asses kicked. So anyone who bitchs quit making yourself look like a prick and stop it.

[quote name='thamaster24']No for any assault rifle, you have to get 15 kills with the silencer attached to unlock the heartbeat sensor. For your previous question I like using the last unlocked sniper, I think its the M14?, but I'm more of an AR user.[/QUOTE]
Sweet! I was just using the SCAR because I unlocked the heartbeat sensor for it and it was really working well with my play style and thanks for the info about the Sniper rifle. When I pick it up I'll make sure to work hard to unlock that last one while playing around with them to find my comfortable weapon.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Sweet! I was just using the SCAR because I unlocked the heartbeat sensor for it and it was really working well with my play style and thanks for the info about the Sniper rifle. When I pick it up I'll make sure to work hard to unlock that last one while playing around with them to find my comfortable weapon.[/QUOTE]

IMO, every sniper is good except for the M21.

And to the person looking for a better secondary just take your pick of pretty much any shotgun. Akimbo Rangers or 1887's when you get them are fantastic. If you want to stay with a machine pistol go with the Raffica, the glock IMO is the worst machine pistol.

thanks for the tips guys. I tryed the aa-12 but id still like to have some range with a reasonable rate of fire. Just unlucked the ranger, ill give those a shot.

@The3amjunkie: I bitch about people camping while playing objective based games and only going for kills. Asshats that camp an enemy controlled location during domination without trying to capture it because they know they can rack up a large killstreak with people spawningin front of them. My friends and I aren't the best CoD people out there. But we enjoy playing the objective games. Campers try to kill the fun of objective based games. Defending your own location is fine. Camping the enemy locations is just dumb.

yeah I didn't really think like that, I was talking more TD. Everything goes in TD. Yeah I used to play HQ but I always end up on a team where people will not go for the HQ they will just play it like TD. So now I strickly play TD and am much happier for it. I didnt realize how fun TD is. but yeah I hear ya clucken big chicken camping/not playing objective games right is lame and no fun for anyone.

The J-glitch is becoming a plague, its getting to the point where I have to report 3-5 people virtually every match I play.

What's your KD ratio & your most played game mode?

It also helps to switch up your guns & look what challenges/perks/attachments you need, because those can net you an easy 10,000 xp.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The J-glitch is becoming a plague, its getting to the point where I have to report 3-5 people virtually every match I play.[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel, played some today and 3 rounds someone was doing it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Is there a CAG MW2 Clan thread? And are we every going to have a CAG night? I've been craving it![/QUOTE]

I think it's just this thread and if you're on the CAG MW2 friends list then there are plenty of people that play pretty much nightly on there. I believe you are on my friends list so I'll send you an invite next time if I see you online.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I still see it every other match, meh nothing you can do but continue to file complaints.[/QUOTE]
Earlier in the week it was really bad but it seems to have really died down alot recently (no pun intended) maybe with the bannings. What playlist have you been doing? We started pretty much exclusively playing Mosh Pit yesterday and we ran into 1 group of Javelin glitchers that just ended up all leaving when we were massacring them in Domination. They were even talking about glitching amongst themselves in the lobby just before the match started.

One thing that gets me is how often people seem to abandon matches in this game over COD4. I wish either IW did what GoW2 does with the early quit XP penalty or people would at least lose all XP they may have gained for that match.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Over 2 days played and I still haven't prestiged yet. Maybe I should start camping more often?[/QUOTE]

Challenges + Ground War + Aiming for over 1000 pts per game = Lvl. Up.

Eh... it's been working for me.

Cross.gif
Skull.gif
Gold_Prestige10.jpg

Also, here is that list of XP challenges that somebody was asking for.

Has anyone really been banned from javeline glitching? I did one night like last monday just screwing around for a couple hours. It was fun for a break from serious play and nobody knew what was going on back then. Now it seems half the ground war/ domination games have a guy doing it. I even saw a guys title that was the golden javelin thing from 1000 kills...

Dropped my first nuke last night as well. :) if you've never done it before that shit is intense as you get close. I was a couple kills shy after my rewards so I was creeping in the weeds as slow as possible. :)

Between the j-glitch, the persistent nuking, and the airdrop glitch, this game is broken. I'm off MP until they issue the next patch ... time to try out the SP campaign I guess.

Search and Destroy is great. I'm finding it a bit hard to go back to TDM after playing about 30 games of it. Brings me back to the Socom 2 days. I find the mp to be more fun when I'm actually trying to be strategic and what not rather than just running around aimlessly.

bread's done
Back