CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

I've been doing awful lately. TDM has been about 10 kills under deaths, and S&D has been at about 5. Really pissing me off. I think I'm going to take a break from this game for a while.

[quote name='LordKefka06']What's your KD ratio & your most played game mode?

It also helps to switch up your guns & look what challenges/perks/attachments you need, because those can net you an easy 10,000 xp.[/QUOTE]

.95 and towards the end I was either using the best rapid fire assault rifle or the akimbo shotguns. I am a very streaky person getting 20 10 one match and 10 20 the next match. I found coldblooded to help a bit but ended up going back to the other perk to get one less kill for a kill streak.

The only perk I debated was having ninja pro or scrambler pro cause I tend to get thrown off when the rader gets all fuzzy so I figured that would be the same for others.

I noticed once I prestiged the barracks had a lot of nice surprises. Seems about 25% or so easier to level up in the long run. I just wanna know what the rewards are for the 3rd-10th prestiges cause I already ran into a guy that was 7th but he wouldn't say much.

57 stars so far in Spec Ops, definitely need a hand with Terminal. Trying to Solo Armor Piercing for now.

Edit: Woot, Armor Piercing is done, I followed YouTube username Mr360Games videos for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Between the j-glitch, the persistent nuking, and the airdrop glitch, this game is broken. I'm off MP until they issue the next patch ... time to try out the SP campaign I guess.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've been lucky enough to only run into about 4 or 5 teams doing the javelin glitch. Also, I've never been nuked but I'm on #7 and I've experienced about 5 others between 3 of my friends and 1 random on my team last night.

[quote name='$hady']Has anyone really been banned from javeline glitching? I did one night like last monday just screwing around for a couple hours. It was fun for a break from serious play and nobody knew what was going on back then. Now it seems half the ground war/ domination games have a guy doing it. I even saw a guys title that was the golden javelin thing from 1000 kills...

Dropped my first nuke last night as well. :) if you've never done it before that shit is intense as you get close. I was a couple kills shy after my rewards so I was creeping in the weeds as slow as possible. :)[/QUOTE]

Argh! You are just part of the problem "trying" out the javelin glitch. Congrats on your nuke. My heart races pretty much every time I get one.

[quote name='hershizzle']If anyone's looking to join a clan or even play with a group of organized players check us out at www.divineknightsclan.com

Oh and I agree, the Javelin glitch is the most annoying glitch i've ever seen![/QUOTE]

Wow that website is gorgeous, props (if anyone says that anymore) I might be interested in joining looks like a good group to game with.

I have a feeling that IW didn't think getting a 25 kill streak was going to be as easy as it is.

I don't think they would ever do this but I would be happy if all of the kill streaks were like the pavelow where they didn't help you get higher kill streaks.

But before that happens I would also be happy if IW fixed all of the glitches, and some of the weapons. 1887 I am talking to you.

Lets get fourtwozero a real pair of 1887's and see if he can run around with them at arms length and spin them around to ready them. Shit doesn't happen in real life. Of course people would bitch if they took the ability to have akimbo 87's.

I think you should have to prestige after a certain time. Lets say you get the ability to prestige at 70 and you have to do it by 75-80. I know some people probably hate this idea but I prestige pretty quickly after getting the chance. I like to fly through the lower ranks.

[quote name='menikmati']I get raped by akimbo 1887's.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Akimbo Slice 1887's are the Devil. I bet the real things probably went up in value after this damn game came out though lol.

I think nukes should be attainable at 50 kills. Say you went through your 2 killstreaks and managed to get 25 in a row, if you can get another 25 in a row without the help of any killstreaks(and managed to keep up with ammo), the other team definitely deserves to get nuked. 25 is too quick especially with the killstreaks. I mean if you get lucky, the harrier alone can get you to 15 kills and then the chopper gunner? Unless they take those down quickly, you can get 5-20 kills pretty easily with those 2 killstreaks.

I just dont understand why you can akimbo the rangers and the 1887. How do they fall under the class of easy to handle with one hand if they are shotguns.

The range of them is absurd but I dont mind them all that much anymore. The only thing that gets under my skin is the knife bastards. I cant stand watching someone charge at me not even attempting to get out of the way of the 20 bullets I am sending into this torso to goku it up teleporting to 10 ft to stab me in the face.

That shit is broken.

I personally am thoroughly disgusted with the multiplayer now. As I am disappointed with the single player now as well, I think I might try and sell this (maybe). I am sick of getting one shotted by the host, sick of getting "no scoped" by a sniper just firing randomly with a silencer on when I look at the kill cam (literally happened four times in one match), sick of watching the kill cam award someone a kill as they shoot at my riot shield shooting bullets into it not me and them still getting a kill. Sick of people just grabbing a silenced sniper and camping near the back of maps picking off one at a time. If you come near them, akimbo auto pistols or shotguns, take your pick, kill just as fast as assault rifles. They blend in to perfectly in this game, and if they are sitting still I literally cannot see them unless I spot their gun if they are sitting in a tree line or rubble (depends on the map and only certain places). Also, I do not care what anyone says about the weapons, they are majorly in need of balancing. How in the word does two bursts of a M4A1A not take someone down in this game at default damage level perks? How come by the time they actually turn around and shoot, I can't even get my third shot off because I'm dead that quick. Just to let you know, I am not a sucky, noobish player. I play FPS games regularly, and I must say sadly this is the first game I have ever gone negative K/D in. This is not every match, I went 26 kills with the riot shield only and throwing knife as my equipment with only 16 deaths on Skidrow. I owned that time and got swore out as usual for prefering to play with the riot shield The reason why I have a negative kill death ratio in this game is simple; I don't sit around corners with dual 1887's nor do I care for sniping anymore. I hate to say this, but I even prefer halo 3's multiplayer to this (feels like blasphemy to me for me to say it). I haven't even got to how ticked I am that chopper gunner kill streak goes THROUGH riot shields. It is not all bad, I enjoy playing the riot shield but I do wish they would make some changes to the game. First of all, when you bash someone with your shield and hit, it should knock their guns up in air for a second so they cannot fire, but can still use their knife. This would balance out riot shield vs. any sort of shotgun nicely. That is just my opinion though. Second of all I propose the riot shield to be able to be used with a pistol. This could be with an "Akimbo" option. The shield would be held in one hand covering a bit more than half the body, and the pistol would be held in the other. Melee would either be a shield bash or a pistol whip. Still take two hits in melee though. Please don't flamewar me for posting my opinions.

[quote name='TheFa1thful']I personally am thoroughly disgusted with the multiplayer now. As I am disappointed with the single player now as well, I think I might try and sell this (maybe). I am sick of getting one shotted by the host, sick of getting "no scoped" by a sniper just firing randomly with a silencer on when I look at the kill cam (literally happened four times in one match), sick of watching the kill cam award someone a kill as they shoot at my riot shield shooting bullets into it not me and them still getting a kill. Sick of people just grabbing a silenced sniper and camping near the back of maps picking off one at a time. If you come near them, akimbo auto pistols or shotguns, take your pick, kill just as fast as assault rifles. They blend in to perfectly in this game, and if they are sitting still I literally cannot see them unless I spot their gun if they are sitting in a tree line or rubble (depends on the map and only certain places). Also, I do not care what anyone says about the weapons, they are majorly in need of balancing. How in the word does two bursts of a M4A1A not take someone down in this game at default damage level perks? How come by the time they actually turn around and shoot, I can't even get my third shot off because I'm dead that quick. Just to let you know, I am not a sucky, noobish player. I play FPS games regularly, and I must say sadly this is the first game I have ever gone negative K/D in. This is not every match, I went 26 kills with the riot shield only and throwing knife as my equipment with only 16 deaths on Skidrow. I owned that time and got swore out as usual for prefering to play with the riot shield The reason why I have a negative kill death ratio in this game is simple; I don't sit around corners with dual 1887's nor do I care for sniping anymore. I hate to say this, but I even prefer halo 3's multiplayer to this (feels like blasphemy to me for me to say it). I haven't even got to how ticked I am that chopper gunner kill streak goes THROUGH riot shields. It is not all bad, I enjoy playing the riot shield but I do wish they would make some changes to the game. First of all, when you bash someone with your shield and hit, it should knock their guns up in air for a second so they cannot fire, but can still use their knife. This would balance out riot shield vs. any sort of shotgun nicely. That is just my opinion though. Second of all I propose the riot shield to be able to be used with a pistol. This could be with an "Akimbo" option. The shield would be held in one hand covering a bit more than half the body, and the pistol would be held in the other. Melee would either be a shield bash or a pistol whip. Still take two hits in melee though. Please don't flamewar me for posting my opinions.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Danil ACE'][/QUOTE]

The only place a valid paragraph split would be adequate is where I would start talking about the good points of the game. At that point, why bother?

[quote name='Daywalker']I think nukes should be attainable at 50 kills.[/QUOTE]:lol::lol::lol:

-----
IW broke their match making system with the new patch.

It's impossible to join a game that isn't already underway. I just joined 15 games, in a row, while they were in progress. Now it's about 7/8 games I join are already going.

[quote name='LordKefka06']:lol::lol::lol:

-----
IW broke their match making system with the new patch.

It's impossible to join a game that isn't already underway. I just joined 15 games, in a row, while they were in progress. Now it's about 7/8 games I join are already going.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you need people to come in mid game to fill in the spots of people that left. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a match were it is 2 vs 6 for a couple minutes.

[quote name='M1C13']I have a feeling that IW didn't think getting a 25 kill streak was going to be as easy as it is.

I don't think they would ever do this but I would be happy if all of the kill streaks were like the pavelow where they didn't help you get higher kill streaks. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Daywalker']I think nukes should be attainable at 50 kills. Say you went through your 2 killstreaks and managed to get 25 in a row, if you can get another 25 in a row without the help of any killstreaks(and managed to keep up with ammo), the other team definitely deserves to get nuked. 25 is too quick especially with the killstreaks. I mean if you get lucky, the harrier alone can get you to 15 kills and then the chopper gunner? Unless they take those down quickly, you can get 5-20 kills pretty easily with those 2 killstreaks.[/QUOTE]

If you are getting nuked so easily then I think the nuked team is to blame for
1) not using the default class with anti-air to shoot down the Harrier/Chopper
2) not having a class with an anti-air secondary (cold-blooded helps)
3) dieing so much
4) not paying attention to the scoreboard to see if someone is on track to get a 25/24 killstreak and kill the bastard :D

I've played against several good opposing teams who were organized enough and had enough thought to shoot down my Harriers and Chopper Gunner Heli to make that 25 kill-streak that much more difficult to obtain (I've only done it once without a single Harrier kill and only 2 Chopper Gunner kills).

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']anyone wanna level up weapons? add me as a friend or pm me[/QUOTE]
Are you friggin serious?

The thing that really sucks about the knife situation is that Infinity Ward doesn't patch gameplay balance issues. Look at Martyrdom from CoD4. IW admitted it was a mistake and it was abused, yet you have to wait for the sequel for them to fix something like that. :roll:

[quote name='NTolerance']The thing that really sucks about the knife situation is that Infinity Ward doesn't patch gameplay balance issues. Look at Martyrdom from CoD4. IW admitted it was a mistake and it was abused, yet you have to wait for the sequel for them to fix something like that. :roll:[/QUOTE]Like IW would put any money toward satisfying its user base, when it won't make a difference in sales numbers.

When I was playing I never really had a problem with knife users. In fact, I can't recall a single one that I went up against. I use knoves, though.. they're good but I suck at aiming with them.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']When I was playing I never really had a problem with knife users. In fact, I can't recall a single one that I went up against. I use knoves, though.. they're good but I suck at aiming with them.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... on that note I haven't had an issue killing a knife class or getting killed while in the knifing animation either. I've also been able to withstand Sentry Guns and Air Support fire while riot shielding as well. My shield never broke and I was always killed via outside interference from the side, feet, behind or in the head while crouching (usually via knife).

/shrug.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Hmm... on that note I haven't had an issue killing a knife class or getting killed while in the knifing animation either. I've also been able to withstand Sentry Guns and Air Support fire while riot shielding as well. My shield never broke and I was always killed via outside interference from the side, feet, behind or in the head while crouching (usually via knife).

/shrug.[/QUOTE]

Hey......wait a minute.

[quote name='menikmati']Just got 1000G, woot.[/QUOTE]

:drool: I'm jealous but then again I haven't even tried the single player. I just can't stop the MP :bouncy:

Single player is pretty solid, give it a play sometime. It's short too. Took me about 7 hours on normal since I suck. You could blow through it much quicker.

I haven't tried special ops yet, but probably will this weekend in local co-op with a buddy who's coming to visit.

yeah I do not get people who do not have a AA class all you have to do is pick a class and put the stinger on for secondary. Once you see a enemy chopper/harrier/AC-130 you should be changing class to shoot the thing down ASAP.

Amen. Anyone who doesn't dedicate a class to Anti-Air is a complete moron IMO. You're screwing yourself out of easy points and a possible victory especially if your team sucks enough not to follow suit. I have yet to be on a team where half of us weren't racing to kill anything in the air then bitching afterward if someone got to it first. Hell... the first thing I did when I started was make an AA class. It's common sense.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Amen. Anyone who doesn't dedicate a class to Anti-Air is a complete moron IMO. You're screwing yourself out of easy points and a possible victory especially if your team sucks enough not to follow suit. I have yet to be on a team where half of us weren't racing to kill anything in the air then bitching afterward if someone got to it first. Hell... the first thing I did when I started was make an AA class. It's common sense.[/QUOTE]

damn AA classes made getting my 10 nukes harder than they should've been :lol:
but at least i got the emblem before everyone starts using AA classes :bouncy:

[quote name='The3amJunkie']yeah I do not get people who do not have a AA class all you have to do is pick a class and put the stinger on for secondary. Once you see a enemy chopper/harrier/AC-130 you should be changing class to shoot the thing down ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Shhhhh....I rack up a lot of kills with my Pavelow.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']damn AA classes made getting my 10 nukes harder than they should've been :lol:
but at least i got the emblem before everyone starts using AA classes :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Congrats, I'm still sitting at 7 and have been getting denied more and more now by people wising up with AA classes. The one that pissed me off the most was Nuke #8 denial by Mr. Javelin Glitch suicide bomber. My favorite was the nuke I got in Domination as we were losing with the opposing clan team was at about 195 :D Then one of their members left the game and was also coincidentally the host about 1 second before it went off. The nuke still went off after the host migration and then the guy rejoined our lobby after the match with some BS that he left because he thought it was his nuke :lol:

Maybe IW stopped the joining mid match or toned it down because every friggin' time I joined a match I would be put onto the losing time. Now my K/D ratio is slightly below 1 mind you, but theres no reason my W/L ratio should be a .50 because IW decided to throw me on the losing team 9 out of 10 joins.

When the game first came out, I always used an AA class to shoot down stuff. But now it seems most ppl have caught on and use AA. Most stuff gets shot down immediately in the games I play. I used to run around with stingers or the jav, now I keep an AA class ready to switch to if I need, but I almost never need to.

Ha, so far I've been thrown into an already started game 6, 12, 15, & 19 times in a row.

This is fucking :bs:! It takes about 3-5 minutes just to find a lobbied game.

The worst part is every time you quit out it gives you a loss instantly. Even before you spawn. I have been thrown into games where we were getting thumped 100 points/10 kills/ 40 seconds away from loosing.

Feels like I am forced to take a loss. I know 90% of people only care about their K/D but I actually care about my win lose record more.

Actually, it doesn't count as a lose if you back out before you spawn/pick a class. Even though it still gives you the warning message.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Really? Never knew that, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Kefka knows his COD:MW2. I think he works for IW ;)........Nah, he would've fixed the matchmaking issue if he did lol.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Actually, it doesn't count as a lose if you back out before you spawn/pick a class. Even though it still gives you the warning message.[/QUOTE]
Ok,thanks,I didn't know that either.I have been in matches where there are 2 minutes remaining and it's just annoying.

Patch for the xbox 360 is coming either tonight or early tomoorw

Link here Enter text here.http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=208988

Patch Notes

Patch 1.06 fixes the following glitches

Care Package Glitch
Launcher Glitch
Eviroment Glitches (outside the map, inside rocks)

Above is current as I know avaible for the PS3

360 its not avaible at the time of this post

additonally the 360 patch is meant to incorprate patch 1.05 which was released for the playstation 3 to fix match making

*additional information*

Please note that when this message was posted that the 360 had not been uploaded with the patch, this thread will be updated on the confirmation of additional patch information and confirmation of 360 release, please don't spam demanding the patch

bread's done
Back