CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

I've had two nukes so far in team death match. One on Wasteland and the other on High Rise. I almost got my first nuke on Favela, but I was stopped at 24 kills.

I got a little mad when I got stopped at my 22nd kill for the nuke. Then I got really pissed when I got stopped 2 times, back-to-back, at the 24th kill, an hour later.

Christmas noob are out in full force.....I dropped 4 nukes today. I have gone back to using my FAL Hardline setup and it working well.

One questions, what is the difference between the red dot and the Holographic site? For some reason I do well with the holographic site but horrid with the red dot on my FAL.

Wow, now this is a sequel.

Too bad no 'Ruskie Zombies'... I would pay $10 alone if that was DLC, any hints?

Don't know why they didn't support matchmaking with Specs Ops, that bridge is kicking my ass on Alpha. Now to waste a couple hours in adversarial multiplayer with a 1:1 ratio with these stock kits till I unlock custom kits...

They needed a 'Boot Camp' mode [from CoD:WaW] where only level 8's and under can play. I remember how I got a 20 kill streak in my first match in CoD:WaW and saying Treyarch should not touch another CoD after that.

Kinda off topic, but anyone try to play this then go back to Halo 3?

Halo 3 is a great game, but holy crap does it take a toll on your eyes to get use to again. It took me 3+ hours to get use to the slow speed and what not. I hope with Reach they add kill streak perks and a run button lol.

I was able to play some system link here in Iraq. I hope that I'll be able to do somewhat decent having to start off from scratch again once I start playing online. I just hope I can keep a decent kill death ratio while I unlock my own class creation. At least knowing all the maps will help a lot.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Kinda off topic, but anyone try to play this then go back to Halo 3?

Halo 3 is a great game, but holy crap does it take a toll on your eyes to get use to again. It took me 3+ hours to get use to the slow speed and what not. I hope with Reach they add kill streak perks and a run button lol.[/QUOTE]

I tried to play ODST after playing MW2 and it was a huge adjustment...and I played TONS of Halo 2 and alot of 3. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

I had a really off night tonight. I was getting my ass kicked left and right after consistently destroying everyone in my path for the last week. Does anyone have any tips on getting FMJ kills? I'm trying to unlock extended mags for the mini uzi and it's a bitch... I had no problem doing it with the ACR.

[quote name='tokitoki50']I had a really off night tonight. I was getting my ass kicked left and right after consistently destroying everyone in my path for the last week. Does anyone have any tips on getting FMJ kills? I'm trying to unlock extended mags for the mini uzi and it's a bitch... I had no problem doing it with the ACR.[/QUOTE]

If you shoot through a unbroken window at someone and kill them, it counts as a FMJ kill.

I need to start playing online more. So many Christmas noobs to eat up. :D

[quote name='tokitoki50']I had a really off night tonight. I was getting my ass kicked left and right after consistently destroying everyone in my path for the last week. Does anyone have any tips on getting FMJ kills? I'm trying to unlock extended mags for the mini uzi and it's a bitch... I had no problem doing it with the ACR.[/QUOTE]

The SMGs suck in this compared to COD4. Just put on FMJ and try to forget about it.

[quote name='Trakan']The SMGs suck in this compared to COD4.[/QUOTE]My thoughts exactly. They even took out my gold Uzi :cry:.

Glad that I finally got the "How The ?" challenge. I saw a guy run behind some cover, so I started spraying his position & I got lucky and hit a claymore.

I got a little bored going for nukes the other day, I dropped like 5 in one day against the Xmas noobs.

I have switch it up to Care Package, Harrier, Pave Low which I find to be the most fun because there is always air support on the field. (on a good day) and with the hope to get a a CG or AC130 in the care package.

On another note, I have never died so many times trying to get behind cover. Its like a phenomenon, if I ever try to get around a corner or duck behind I box I am instantly killed no matter where the bullet landed. A person can miss me with an entire clip but the second I duck I will be head shotted for some reason.

They need to just do away with Party Chat in free-for-all. Or make it so all coversation is heard by everyone in the match.

Too many people buddy up to nuke boost.

Just started using the TAR-21 today and I fell in love with it, right behind my ACR and M16. Changed up my killstreak setup from UAV, care package, Predator to Predator, Attack Helicopter and Pave Low.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']They need to just do away with Party Chat in free-for-all. Or make it so all coversation is heard by everyone in the match.

Too many people buddy up to nuke boost.[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't let you join in on a friends FFA game in the first place. They can still use private chat as well.

[quote name='menikmati']Just started using the TAR-21 today and I fell in love with it, right behind my ACR and M16. Changed up my killstreak setup from UAV, care package, Predator to Predator, Attack Helicopter and Pave Low.[/QUOTE]

Don't use the Attack Helicopter, it's terrible. Use the harrier over that. Chopper Gunner over Pavelow, too.

I'm using the same setup and it blows, just doing it for the prestige challenges since I am done with the harrier.

[quote name='Trakan']Don't use the Attack Helicopter, it's terrible. Use the harrier over that. Chopper Gunner over Pavelow, too.[/QUOTE]

Another reason is that you cant get 2 choppers out at the same time, so Harrier is a good choice.

Had a game last night on Hardcore Team Deathmatch where a friend and I both unloaded 2 clips each into a guy that was just running around (m4 for me, rpd for my buddy) and the guy didn't die. But he wasn't killing anyone either. I'm puzzled...I've never had anything like that happen before. The guy was basically impossible to kill for the match.

Used the small Christmas vacation I had to beat Borderlands and prestiged for the first time in MW2. Such a fun game. Had a blast trying to get those odd 3-10k in game achievements to get my score up quick was a blast.

[quote name='Ronin317'] The guy was basically impossible to kill for the match.[/QUOTE]

did he go 0-0? Pretty interesting if there is another glitch floating about.

Over the past few days I haven't been exposed to the noobs like some people in this thread getting 4+ nukes. I have been doing slightly above normal where im having less 1:1 games are more 10:1 games...just random I guess since in the same lobby i can do well one game and do terrible against almost the same team.

I find myself loving MTDM when I don't have a buddy online. Hardcore TDM is like TDM but on crack. not having a radar makes you realize how much you use it at a crutch. For example when on skidrow and you are hanging out in the longhall/winding staircase well, you hear some footsteps. Its easy to just check the map, see a green arrow and discard the sound...but in Hardcore you must switch to shotgun, wait...no name fire, green name go back to watching the hall.
Its fun but Hardcore mode is harder to play casually & you definitely need to be in the right mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trakan']Don't use the Attack Helicopter, it's terrible. Use the harrier over that. Chopper Gunner over Pavelow, too.[/QUOTE]

But the harrier stays in the same general area so it makes it an easy target for anti-air weapons. I know I always carry the stinger for my usual assault rifle class and blow the harrier up as soon as it stops. I can only imagine how pissed people get when it blows up before even firing at an enemy. The attack helicopter at least moves around therefore taking a little bit more effort to blow up.

But I do agree that CG>P.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']But the harrier stays in the same general area so it makes it an easy target for anti-air weapons. I know I always carry the stinger for my usual assault rifle class and blow the harrier up as soon as it stops. I can only imagine how pissed people get when it blows up before even firing at an enemy. The attack helicopter at least moves around therefore taking a little bit more effort to blow up.

But I do agree that CG>P.[/QUOTE]

But at least with the Harrier you get the initial airstrike. I regularly pick off attack helicopters with my stinger before they even fire off a round.

Easier target perhaps but it usually averages 1 - 5 quick kills after spawn before anyone even starts to aim at it. Not to mention the unstoppable airstrike. Something AH really isn't known for and can't do hence the recommendation. AH may be mobile but the gunner is terrible and with everyone carrying around lock-ons anyway it more or less has the same life span of a Harrier.

I shoot down everything that goes in the air. At first I just wanted coldblooded pro. But now it's just like a reflex. I have AA on all my classes as I suck with all secondary weapons anyway. As soon as I hear anything, I'm switching to my stinger. I've blown up a care package helicopter (though it already made it's drop). AH doesn't stand a chance. Harriers are just a two pass airstrike. The only thing that I don't like is that the AC130 takes essentially three shots (cause of the flares).

I ran into someone with the gamertag of "MONSTER" a couple days ago and the name showed up neon green in the lobby, the gamertag did not appear on my last played list and it only showed up for a match.

Anyone know what these green gamertags in lobbies are? I'm assuming it was someone from the Monster energy drink company, but not sure.

I saw someone with "Infinity Ward" as their gamertag. It was kinda greyed out and had some kind of symbol covering the middle of it. I don't know what it was.

it's a mod to hide their gamertag and they did the same thing in COD World At War. Also, the other one that is similar are those who have buttons in their gamertag such as Y AB

It really just depends if your team carries anti-air support weapons. If I die, I'll immediately switch to my stinger class. However, there are teams out there that will not help take down a chopper gunner.

[quote name='LordKefka06']The attack heli's life span is A LOT longer than the Harrier's.

However, the harrier can shoot down the CG & PL.[/QUOTE]

Not a lot. Harrier is 45 seconds and the helicopter is 60.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Mythbusters, Part 2[/QUOTE]

Nice find. They just posted these too. I goen find me some leaves to hide behind. Can't get me through these leaves son!

[quote name='naiku']did he go 0-0? Pretty interesting if there is another glitch floating about.
Its fun but Hardcore mode is harder to play casually & you definitely need to be in the right mood.[/QUOTE]

He went like 3-0. It was odd to say the least. And it was on Hardcore TDM.

I play Hardcore 85% of the time, with the other 15% being FFA, and have since CoD4. I just love it...it's a much more even playing field. I really can't stand dropping half a clip from an M4 into someone and having them run through it and knife me on regular.

bread's done
Back