CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

"@fourzerotwo Thanks for taking the time to answer questions! Mine is: Will there be a fix for the One Man Army/Infinite noob tube exploit?"

"@ImmortalArbiter Yeah, there are a few OMA tweaks planned. No details yet though on what exactly."

This sounds very good. Just found that off of fourzerotwo's twitter.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']How would it make it so unbalanced ifi I had the red dot/silencer and scavenger?[/QUOTE]

Because most people would be using a noob tube.

i love how in one match i shoot a guy 2 times, he dies. but in the next match with the same people i shoot a guy 20 times, simultaneously after he's still alive and he kills me with 2 feet shots!

Had a strange match, game winning kill had me teleport behind someone and somehow shoot someone(my controller was sitting on the table, changing hosts). Needless to say, i was unimpressed.

[quote name='RobMinhas']Imagine stopping power, scavenger and bling. I think i would quit this game.[/QUOTE]

You think a red dot sight/holographic matters that much?

Hell, you don't even need a new sight on the SCAR and ACR.

That blows. For real...Now I've got nothing to keep me from picking up BF:BC2. They better get with the maps quick on this game...it's been out for a full quarter.

[quote name='Ronin317']That blows. For real...Now I've got nothing to keep me from picking up BF:BC2. They better get with the maps quick on this game...it's been out for a full quarter.[/QUOTE]

This is why I can't keep coming into this thread. All this IW hate is really starting to irritate the sh.. out of me. The maps will come when they come. It's not Spring '10 yet. Do you know how long it takes to create a map? I sure don't and I'm sure it's definitely not something that takes 1 month to do. Who cares what BF:BC2 is offering? It's owned by EA and I'm sure you'll get charged to unlock something already in game (via DLC) at some point.

Benefit of the doubt given, there is currently nothing wrong with this game. Granted the glitching was irritating but it's fairly simple to file a complaint and submit an "avoid player" review, finish up the game and move on. Play HC matches next time and you wouldn't have seen the glitching as much.

I'm glad you're moving onto BF:BC2, this way you're not in my line of sight when I'm pulling the trigger.

Take your BF:BC2 love to this thread and keep this topic on THIS game and not the other FPSers coming up in the near future.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']This is why I can't keep coming into this thread. All this IW hate is really starting to irritate the sh.. out of me. The maps will come when they come. It's not Spring '10 yet. Do you know how long it takes to create a map? I sure don't and I'm sure it's definitely not something that takes 1 month to do. Who cares what BF:BC2 is offering? It's owned by EA and I'm sure you'll get charged to unlock something already in game (via DLC) at some point.

Benefit of the doubt given, there is currently nothing wrong with this game. Granted the glitching was irritating but it's fairly simple to file a complaint and submit an "avoid player" review, finish up the game and move on. Play HC matches next time and you wouldn't have seen the glitching as much.

I'm glad you're moving onto BF:BC2, this way you're not in my line of sight when I'm pulling the trigger.

Take your BF:BC2 love to this thread and keep this topic on THIS game and not the other FPSers coming up in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Uh, what the fuck are you talking about? You're way out of line...I didn't bash IW, I didn't start with any BF love, so I'm unsure where your hostility is meant to be directed, but it certainly shouldn't be at me.

Furthermore, it was most certainly ON TOPIC, considering I was talking about MW2 maps. There was a rumor that the maps were going to drop next week, which is why I was asking. The fact that the game has been out a full quarter and there hasn't been any maps yet, which from a business perspective means they could be missing a window, especially with a competing game coming out.

So I don't know what your problem is, but it shouldn't be with me...so why don't you take your misdirected hostility elsewhere?

[quote name='Ronin317']Uh, what the fuck are you talking about? You're way out of line...I didn't bash IW, I didn't start with any BF love, so I'm unsure where your hostility is meant to be directed, but it certainly shouldn't be at me.

Furthermore, it was most certainly ON TOPIC, considering I was talking about MW2 maps. There was a rumor that the maps were going to drop next week, which is why I was asking.

So I don't know what your problem is, but it shouldn't be with me...so why don't you take your misdirected hostility elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, It's not just directed at you but did you have to make it a point to say that you're moving onto BF:BC2 because you're not getting maps next week that weren't promised until Spring 2010? (Spring starts 3/20 BTW) CoD4 Maps dropped FIVE full months after release as well as Halo 3 Maps dropped a full SIX months after it's initial release, so just because the game has been out for 3 months doesn't mean they're coming any faster.

Also, please point me to said rumor, I'd like to see what internet journalist has their head completely up their a.. And it went off topic the moment you brought up BF:BC2.

If you finger back past the last few pages you're not the only one who's had to say something about BF:BC2 and how much this game sucks etc... So sorry that you're the person that drew the short straw but enough BF:BC2 talk in a CoD thread.

Drew the short straw? :roll: Feel free to kiss my taint.

I didn't say I was moving on. Hell I'm not even sure I'm buying the other game...

I don't remember if the rumor was here on the forums or whatever...sorry I don't have a source, hence why I said RUMOR. And that rumor also stated they were possibly going to be revival maps from CoD4, so there goes your development time theory.

In short, way to be an ass...you assume what I'm referencing, and just go off. It's bullshit.

Since you obviously don't remember your post here it is again.

[quote name='Ronin317']That blows. For real...Now I've got nothing to keep me from picking up BF:BC2. They better get with the maps quick on this game...it's been out for a full quarter.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ronin317']Drew the short straw? :roll: Feel free to kiss my taint.

I didn't say I was moving on. Hell I'm not even sure I'm buying the other game...

I don't remember if the rumor was here on the forums or whatever...sorry I don't have a source, hence why I said RUMOR. And that rumor also stated they were possibly going to be revival maps from CoD4, so there goes your development time theory.

In short, way to be an ass...you assume what I'm referencing, and just go off. It's bullshit.[/QUOTE]

My posts aren't 100% directed at you, so settle down chief. Not once have I sworn at you nor told you to kiss "taints". So please turn that off if you wish to continue the discussion. I think you're getting too defensive about my stance on the situation. The last 5-10 pages have been chock full of people complaining about glitches and what MW2 isn't (in their eyes). There are plenty of other games out there that will occupy your time, this thread is dedicated to MW2, not BC2, ME2, DA:O, etc...

If you've followed the "speculation" (thanks to Monster) we'll be getting the maps in the "Spring" of 2010. If you mean these forums it's been people "hoping" that "ACTIVISION" (Not IW BTW) would release the maps to compete with BC2. The question is why should they? Obviously those with negative views against MW2 have made up their minds and have sold their copies to fund the BC2 purchase. Ultimately Activision isn't going to win those people back by just releasing maps.

Again, I'm sorry to quote "you" for this debate but it's come to the point of "enough is enough"

I just wanna say that Ronin is probably playing MW2 3-4 nights a week, putting up with my noob self trying to trounce uglies.

So I'm fairly sure he doesn't have a vendetta against the game.

Edit: In fact, here's what he was saying, if I'm allowed to abritrate:

IW better put out those maps soon, because I like playing this game and new maps would be great fun. It wasn't some kind of threat/hostage situation sort of thing.

Where are the new maps? IW SUCKS! >(

I'm done with this game and getting BFBC2 next week. MW2 can kiss my ass!

Who wants to talk about Barbie Horse Adventures?

=P

[quote name='Strell']I just wanna say that Ronin is probably playing MW2 3-4 nights a week, putting up with my noob self trying to trounce uglies.

So I'm fairly sure he doesn't have a vendetta against the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's the case. I'm not trying to start a war with him. I play for up to 6 hours daily and I can't get enough of this game. (At work right now, with MW2 on the mind BTW) It's just frustrating when another FPS has to be mentioned because of all the former problems with the game. It seems like since MW2 isn't quite up to CoD4's standards, everyone's hating on MW2 ATM.

[quote name='Puffa469']Who wants to talk about Barbie Horse Adventures?[/QUOTE]

I wanna talk about Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Barbie Horse Adventures SUCKS.

My original post did not bash IW, complain about MW2, say anything about glitches, or talk about how BF is a better game. Basically NOTHING in my original post was anything you pointed out in your response to it, and quoting it again whilst highlighting parts of it does nothing further to back up your argument.

Also, I gave you the opportunity to retract your aggression to me, and all I got was this short straw excuse, hence telling you to piss off. You can try to justify your bullshit however you like, but the fact here is that it's misdirected at me. I did NOTHING that you're complaining about in any of your posts. If you want to be upset about the pages of stuff that I know nothing of, because I don't keep up with this thread on a daily basis, that's fine. But don't quote me and throw me under the bus because you're pissed in general.

[quote name='Ronin317']My original post did not bash IW, complain about MW2, say anything about glitches, or talk about how BF is a better game. Basically NOTHING in my original post was anything you pointed out in your response to it, and quoting it again whilst highlighting parts of it does nothing further to back up your argument.

Also, I gave you the opportunity to retract your aggression to me, and all I got was this short straw excuse, hence telling you to piss off. You can try to justify your bullshit however you like, but the fact here is that it's misdirected at me. I did NOTHING that you're complaining about in any of your posts. If you want to be upset about the pages of stuff that I know nothing of, because I don't keep up with this thread on a daily basis, that's fine. But don't quote me and throw me under the bus because you're pissed in general.[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! Clearly you're not the one thinking logically. Since I don't even know how to respond in a manner that suits "you" I think I will stop trying to make you understand the reason for my post.

Have a fun filled day. You definitely need it. :whistle2:|

[quote name='Strell']I wanna talk about Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Barbie Horse Adventures SUCKS.[/QUOTE]

Is that the new Hello Kitty MMO?

Cos I've been DYING to play that. As long as a I can be Kero Kero Keroppi. Can't wait to get online an talk me up some Sanrio jailbait.

UAgh, constantly running into people who camp in attempts to get a nuke has begun to annoy me. Probably gonna sell this game

I am gonna be on ALL night tonight and would like to play with some CAGS. My gamertag is Malik112099 and I think I'm pretty good. Send me a request and lets kill some people.

Me and my friends foiled one guys attempt to get a nuke, maybe six times. Once he was at 24 and we couldnt remember if he had hardline on or not. It was fun stuff. Oh and Malik hit me up, im done for tonight but im usually on every day.

I wonder, why do people complain about people "camping" for nukes? What are we supposed to do, run around like you and your average lifespan of 12 seconds?

Anyone who has ever gotten a nuke or came within a couple kills of getting a nuke have probably done, at some point or another during the game, "camped" for a few kills.

I swear people cannot just sit for one minute without being branded a "camper".

Anyways! I hear IW had a few DLC meetings today and may announce some details/release date soon.

Wow...I finally picked up where I left off in MW2 tonight. The games were dead silent except for a couple people trying to coordinate the bunch of retards playing the game. Didn't run into one douche tonight.

After spending all that time with the BF:BC2 demo I forgot how to play MW2...

[quote name='iRent']Wow...I finally picked up where I left off in MW2 tonight. The games were dead silent except for a couple people trying to coordinate the bunch of retards playing the game. Didn't run into one douche tonight.

After spending all that time with the BF:BC2 demo I forgot how to play MW2...[/QUOTE]

Wow, super rare, especially on Xbox Live. Maybe some of the silence is because of the time. The kids tend to go to bed at some point, leaving the other players to get on with the game, and most of them don't like to chat so much.:applause:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Wow, super rare, especially on Xbox Live. Maybe some of the silence is because of the time. The kids tend to go to bed at some point, leaving the other players to get on with the game, and most of them don't like to chat so much.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah probably. It was a little bit shocking after not playing for a month (it took like a month for them to patch it right?).

I'll try again earlier tomorrow evening and see how many idiots I run into.

[quote name='Puffa469']Is that the new Hello Kitty MMO?

Cos I've been DYING to play that. As long as a I can be Kero Kero Keroppi. Can't wait to get online an talk me up some Sanrio jailbait.[/QUOTE]

The theme song is somewhat catchy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqTjebkIH-8

Sorry for being off topic, finally got the challenge for not dying in a game. I've only found wasteland to be the easiest to pull it off in.

After the update, did you guys notice that the spas shotgun seems to have a longer range? I've been getting kills from quite a distance which was surprising with that shotgun

It's always had a huge range. Like... ridiculous. I think it might be because of grip though too. I've noticed I get more 1 shot kills with grip from long range.

once they patched the 1887 i switched back to the Spas and haven't went back. Its sick how far u can kill people from. In Rundown in the large house you can stand at the window & pop people on the street with the shotgun 2shots to kill but range is amazing.

Only downside to a spas is when you rush a house a wiff the shotgun and get killed by an akimbo ranger. :/

I just use the Striker. Good clip size, fire rate is good and so is the range. The only reason I use the shotgun is when Im getting rushed or need the upper hand in a cqc situation, otherwise I'll just stick with my primary.

[quote name='DV8']It's always had a huge range. Like... ridiculous. I think it might be because of grip though too. I've noticed I get more 1 shot kills with grip from long range.[/QUOTE]

Grip has been shown to not have much of a range increase. I have tested it myself as well, grip does little for range. I prefer (not love having it, but just hate having nothing or a useless attachment) FMJs. At least I know those work. Very useful on Scrapyard :lol:

[quote name='naiku']once they patched the 1887 i switched back to the Spas and haven't went back. Its sick how far u can kill people from. In Rundown in the large house you can stand at the window & pop people on the street with the shotgun 2shots to kill but range is amazing.

Only downside to a spas is when you rush a house a wiff the shotgun and get killed by an akimbo ranger. :/[/QUOTE]

Akimbo Rangers fire at a high firerate, and I used them for a long while. I actually think I helped invent (I was one of the first) Akimbo Ranger users. I was using Akimbo Rangers waaaaaay back when everyone was using either the AA-12 (still used quite a bit) or the 1887s.

I have about 240 kills with it, but ditched it a while back because of constant reloading. I did recently get my 1000 kills on my Spas, and am now working with Akimbo G18s...those things are like firing hellfire from the gun.

[quote name='Link927']I just use the Striker. Good clip size, fire rate is good and so is the range. The only reason I use the shotgun is when Im getting rushed or need the upper hand in a cqc situation, otherwise I'll just stick with my primary.[/QUOTE]

I tried the Striker, but I thought it was too weak. Everything is OK about it, but I don't like that at semi-close range it still takes like three shots.

Plus, I find that it fires a little slow compared to the Rangers and can't get three shots off before a single Spas shell kills you.

In other news, just got my K/D up to 1.00 last night! Also last night, got three more nukes, which was nice.

stopped playing two months ago cause of glitches and decided to play other games well today I decided lets see whats happening in mw2!

so I joined a game already in progress 20 seconds left in the match my team losses ................. and I get a loss didn't even get to fire my gun

join a new game already in progress spawn get sniped .... spawn get knifed then spawn again and get hit by a randomg renade not even aimed at me ... match ends I get another loss.

now im angry so i decide no more team deathmatch lets play some free for all join a game YET again already in progress but I got like 6 minutes left then I notice Im running really fast .......

the game is modded :whistle2:(

now this happens to me frequently

going to trade the game in tomoorow while I can still get 35 dollars for it and BFBC2 here I come!

At some point in the past 24 hours, the super speed mode has resurfaced for 360. I had only experienced this phenomenon once back in December and since then had never had a problem with it. I thought that it had been patched, but maybe it was just that they were able to ban the people doing it.

Either way, I am around 17 days played and have only come across it twice really, so I can't be all that upset.

Bone, where are you going to get $35 for this? Currently the GS TIV is 18 for it, which after Edge and 50% you will get $28.80.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']stopped playing two months ago cause of glitches and decided to play other games well today I decided lets see whats happening in mw2!

so I joined a game already in progress 20 seconds left in the match my team losses ................. and I get a loss didn't even get to fire my gun

join a new game already in progress spawn get sniped .... spawn get knifed then spawn again and get hit by a randomg renade not even aimed at me ... match ends I get another loss.

now im angry so i decide no more team deathmatch lets play some free for all join a game YET again already in progress but I got like 6 minutes left then I notice Im running really fast .......

the game is modded :whistle2:(

now this happens to me frequently

going to trade the game in tomoorow while I can still get 35 dollars for it and BFBC2 here I come![/QUOTE]

The super quickness mod is quite odd, but that is not something I think really "hurts" the gameplay. I wouldn't know though, as I never played it before (I play on the Pea S Three)

Anyway though, the mid-game joining is quite frustrating though, I have to agree with that. I constantly join mid-games at the beginning of the night while looking for a good lobby, but once I find it I usually keep in it for most of the night.

I could care less about my W/L ratio these days though, I ditched that loooong ago. My W/L ratio is .74 I believe, and only keeps going lower. Even quicker so because I play Domination, and nobody goes for flags (I don't extensively either though, so......). K/D ratio is pretty much all I care about...

If you are worried about your win loss ratio, why dont you quit a game you join already in progress before you actually enter into the game?

I dont care about any "statistics" but i do like to look at them from time to time just to see how i am doing. But i dont go out of my way to make my stats look better.

[quote name='mvp828']Bone, where are you going to get $35 for this? Currently the GS TIV is 18 for it, which after Edge and 50% you will get $28.80.[/QUOTE]

The base TIV went back up today MVP. It's 25 base now, so with bonus and Edge it would be $40 credit.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The base TIV went back up today MVP. It's 25 base now, so with bonus and Edge it would be $40 credit.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just saw that you had edited your post about that.

Just to go ahead and point something out about the complaining over joining games where your losing.

People will quit games when they are losing/the game is basically over, I think everyone can agree more people quit when losing then when winning.

Now when your playing and its close and a few people on your team quit. Do you want those spots to not be filled? Because you can't really have it both ways, where you never join games where your losing or you never get replacements players after someone quits...

[quote name='RobMinhas']I almost ditched this game but im glad i didnt. 6 straight ground war games with me scoring nukes. EPIC. Same lobby, too. :)[/QUOTE]

Not trying to hate or anything but you say "same lobby" as if that's suppose to be impressive. If anything that means you are playing against the same group over and over, so if you got a nuke against them once, chances are it will happen again.

[quote name='bardiya27']Not trying to hate or anything but you say "same lobby" as if that's suppose to be impressive. If anything that means you are playing against the same group over and over, so if you got a nuke against them once, chances are it will happen again.[/QUOTE]

No, I dont mean to impress anyone. I just meant to show that these kids were getting pretty fed up. As soon as my AC-130 was in the air I could hear people saying "Shit, i hope he doesnt get another Nuke." and im sure quite a few of them quit or left the lobby at some point, but a few of them did however stick around.

[quote name='RobMinhas']No, I dont mean to impress anyone. I just meant to show that these kids were getting pretty fed up. As soon as my AC-130 was in the air I could hear people saying "Shit, i hope he doesnt get another Nuke." and im sure quite a few of them quit or left the lobby at some point, but a few of them did however stick around.[/QUOTE]

damn so was this on free for all? Because it's already hard to get 1 nuke in FFA but 6 straight!

bread's done
Back