Comedy Central's Thanx Give Away Wiikend With Codes

Toke2Choke

CAGiversary!
http://www.thanxgiveaway.com/

If you're an average member of our audience, obsessively watching Comedy Central all Thanksgiving weekend is probably the closest you'll get to Grandma and pumpkin pie. But this year, you can turn your zombie-like couch-fest into gravy by entering Comedy Central's Thanxgiveaway Wiikend Sweepstakes. Simply follow these easy instructions and food coma your way to fabulous prizes:

• Tune into Comedy Central Thanksgiving weekend,
    Thursday, 11/27 through Sunday, 11/30 from 11am-1am each day.
  • A unique entry code will be revealed 12 times per day on-air, approximately once per hour.
  • Come back to www.comedycentral.com/thanx and enter the codes for a chance to win one of 48 prize packages.
  • Enter via your mobile phone for a chance to win an additional prize package.
By entering the contest at any point, you will be automatically entered to win the grand prize: a brand new Scion xB, tricked out to suit your fancy. The more times you enter, the better your chances are of winning. No purchase necessary.

GRAND PRIZE:

• A Scion xB the winner gets to trick out (interior & exterior)
    and will include one Wii system in car
  • One additional Wii system (for winner's home)
  • Extra Wii Remote™ controller
  • Extra Nunchuk™ controller
  • One copy each of the following games:
    Wii Fit™, Wii Music™, Super Smash Bros.™ Brawl,
    Mario Kart™ Wii, Super Mario Galaxy™
  • One Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH Camera
  • $5,000 cash
48 PRIZE PACKAGES:

• One Wii system
  • Extra Wii Remote™ controller
  • Extra Nunchuk™ controller
  • One copy of Super Smash Bros.™ Brawl
  • One Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH Camera
THURSDAY (Thanks WMachine85)
1. Store
2. Closeout
3. Asphalt
4. Wheels
5. Gift
6. Bargain
7. Exhaustion
8. Advertising
9. Spree
10. Cruise
11. Plaza
12. Mall

FRIDAY (Thanks mjblink)

1. Blowout (from AD below)
2. Credit (from WW above)
3. Appliances (from BB below)
4. Cart
5. Aisle
6. Whine
7. Pickup
8. Bumper (had to see larry the cable guy for 8 minutes for this...you're welcome)
9. Customer
10. Cooler
11. Drive (from BB below)
12. Charcoal

SATURDAY (Thanks mjblink)

1. Outlet
2. Propane
3. Booty
4. Trunk
5. Charge
6. Receipt
7. Parking
8. Shopper
9. Season
10. Checkout
11. Spend
12. Stampede

SUNDAY'S CODES (Thanks WMachine85)

1. Crowd
2. Package
3. Personalize
4. Employee
5. Escalator
6. Cylinder
7. Traffic
8. Christmas
9. Options
10. Discount
11. Desperate
12. Impulse

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully the community will help out with this. The past few years codes have been posted for this contest. Also most can Tivo/Record some of the coverage. I'll be able to contribute Saturday and Sunday.

If I see any of the codes during this time I will be more than happy to post them for everyone. I know I most likely wont get a code for thurs as I just bought a wii so the inlaws and the kids will most likely be occupying the TV but for the other days I will keep an eye out.

Ok for those who want the codes, I used two 8 hour VHS tapes to record Comedy Central to get all the codes for Thursday and then FFWD through the shows to get the Codes. I have double checked with friends and the codes are correct.

THURSDAY
1. Store
2. Closeout
3. Asphalt
4. Wheels
5. Gift
6. Bargain
7. Exhaustion
8. Advertising
9. Spree
10. Cruise
11. Plaza
12. Mall

Thanks OP! I missed most of the early codes yesterday and I was hoping someone would start a thread to keep track of them! I will contribute any that I see.

[quote name='cin84_12']Thanks! So should we wait until the end on Sunday to enter all of the codes at once?[/quote]

You can enter your codes now or wait. I know I entered Thursdays codes and it said dont forget to come back and enter the remaining codes.

[quote name='WMachine85']Ok for those who want the codes, I used two 8 hour VHS tapes to record Comedy Central to get all the codes for Thursday and then FFWD through the shows to get the Codes. I have double checked with friends and the codes are correct.[/quote]
you are a beautiful person and I salute you.

[quote name='WMachine85']Ok for those who want the codes, I used two 8 hour VHS tapes to record Comedy Central to get all the codes for Thursday [/quote]

You sir...a gentleman and a scholar.

Thank you all for the great comments, I will try and post the codes for Friday sometime tonight. The codes start at 11am and go to 10pm but comedy central says 1am which i think they do just to make you watch until then.

i went ahead and started taping comedy central as well instead of watching all day and posting each hour. was a little less of a hassle. sorry for the wait and sorry i missed the first one. will catch them all tomorrow. hopefully WMachine85 comes thru :)

FRIDAY

1. Blowout (from AD below)
2. Credit (from WW above)
3. Appliances (from BB below)
4. Cart
5. Aisle
6. Whine
7. Pickup
8. Bumper (had to see larry the cable guy for 8 minutes for this...you're welcome)
9. Customer
10. Cooler
11. Drive (from BB below)
12. Charcoal

SATURDAY

2. Propane
3. Booty
4. Trunk
5. Charge
6. Receipt
7. Parking
8. Shopper
9. Season
10. Checkout
11. Spend
12. Stampede

remember, even if some of these happen to be wrong, they won't hurt your chances. also, if you find a correct code, once you go to the site and enter it into its spot it will overwrite anything you put before it so you'll still be golden. according to the rules, you can enter 49 times which means you could enter each code each hour and then have a final 49th entry to fix anything that may have been wrong.

I've seen a couple of the codes today:

2:00PM Central (3:00PM Eastern): Aisle
3:00PM Central (4:00PM Eastern): Whine

EDIT: Oops looks like someone beat me to the post...

I had a quick question for you guys. These codes, do they have to be in any particular order? I ask this because different codes are given at different times for different people around the U.S. So like me, I'm a Texan. If I were to put those codes in the exact order given by WMachine (much thanks to you) would it alter my chances of winning?

Thank you in advance!

3. Appliances

also:
8. Bumper
9. Customer
10. Cooler
11. Drive
12. Charcoal

To jast: I'm a Texan as well and the codes shouldn't have to be in any particular order.

[quote name='jast']I had a quick question for you guys. These codes, do they have to be in any particular order? I ask this because different codes are given at different times for different people around the U.S. So like me, I'm a Texan. If I were to put those codes in the exact order given by WMachine (much thanks to you) would it alter my chances of winning?

Thank you in advance![/quote]it seems strange to me that the order would be different. I'm sure they show at different times for each zone but the order should remain the same. That said I doubt very much that it matters. The codes are numbered 1-10 but they also encourage you to come back to enter 'the rest of the codes'. i infer from that they expect people to enter the codes in packs of maybe 2 or 3. No way that the 'target demographic' is going to put the codes in order. i've seen the people who watch comedy central all the time. Most of them are kinda lame.

which code goes under which hour does matter. you get the codes in the same order tho regardless of your time zone, which is why on the entry form the codes are listed as 1-12 as opposed to being listed by hour. it helps to streamline the process by going off one time zone tho so in keeping with comedy central's site, speaking in regard to the eastern time zone helps to avoid confusion.

As promised, the following are Friday's code words. To answer someone's questions above, when you enter these codes, they are in order in which they were given for that hour so when you enter the codes on Comedy Central's website, enter them in the order they are numbered for that day. I know someone posted the codes for Friday, but i figured it is better to have two people have the same exact codes to know that we all have the right codes when we go to enter them.

FRIDAY’S CODES

1. Blowout
2. Credit
3. Appliances
4. Cart
5. Aisle
6. Whine
7. Pickup
8. Bumper
9. Customer
10. Cooler
11. Drive
12. Charcoal

-Codes start at 11am and go to 10pm Eastern Time so you can run down each code word and you can figure out what time goes with what code word. These codes are correct.

Enjoy and I hope to do Saturday's Code words as well but they might be on the late side like Friday's code words so I apologize in advanced.

[quote name='jast']I had a quick question for you guys. These codes, do they have to be in any particular order? I ask this because different codes are given at different times for different people around the U.S. So like me, I'm a Texan. If I were to put those codes in the exact order given by WMachine (much thanks to you) would it alter my chances of winning?

Thank you in advance![/quote]

Yes they have to be in the order given each hour for that day. It says on the screen this hours code word is (insert the code) so you have to list the codes in order 1-12 for each day.

I know Texas is Central time so I am assuming that the codes for you would start at 10am and go until 9pm, but I could be wrong. I am in the Eastern time zone, I live in Michigan. If you entered a code in the wrong spot I think it might count as being wrong. If in doubt just wait for the code words to be posted and use it to double check if your following along with the codes as they are given and fill them out accordingly. I hope this helps you out, if I am wrong with anything please someone help me out as well.

Thank you in advance![/quote]

No, it would not alter your chances. the form goes by the ORDER of the code words, not the time. You're fine, just punch in these words and you're good, sir. :)

Thanks for all the wonderful replies. Yesterday, I was flipping channels and I just so happened to land right on Comedy Central. Dane Cook was doing his hour long stand-up special and that's when I got the code "Charcoal." But when I looked at the time, it was 9:30ish? This is what led me to believe that maybe it's not the same for everyone.

[quote name='Wolfkin']it seems strange to me that the order would be different. I'm sure they show at different times for each zone but the order should remain the same. That said I doubt very much that it matters. The codes are numbered 1-10 but they also encourage you to come back to enter 'the rest of the codes'. i infer from that they expect people to enter the codes in packs of maybe 2 or 3. No way that the 'target demographic' is going to put the codes in order. i've seen the people who watch comedy central all the time. Most of them are kinda lame.[/quote]

When a show or a movie is in broadcast over televisions, they're all being shown at the same time. For instance, if I am watching something in Texas and somebody else in an Eastern time zone is watching the same channel, they'll see the same thing, but at a different time.

Also, the codes are not numbered from 1 to 10. It's from 1 - 12.

In conclusion, if timing and order did matter, then theoretically, the chances of winning will be altered.

Ok here is the complete list for Saturday's Codes. I noticed one person missed the first code, not to worry, I have it :) I will post Sunday's code's tomorrow sometime.

SATURDAY

1. Outlet
2. Propane
3. Booty
4. Trunk
5. Charge
6. Receipt
7. Parking
8. Shopper
9. Season
10. Checkout
11. Spend
12. Stampede

[quote name='Crftyyhng']Guess no one knows Thanks anyway[/quote]

I post the codes when I can I apologize if I can't post them all at 10pm after the last code is given I do have a life and I don't want to be jerk about this but you came across a little rough about the codes. I get around to viewing the tapes very late as you can see when I actually post them is when I actually get done reviewing the tapes.

It takes work to record the days programing on Comedy Central and then have to spend about an hour FFWD through VHS tapes and then double checking that I didn't screw up so please be patient , it isn't because people don't know the codes they just haven't posted them all yet and people who do have them post what codes they catch so appreciate that people and others like me are sharing these codes with everyone so they get the chance to enter to win a WII come Sunday or Monday night depending when you enter the codes.

[quote name='Emily']Hey iiinightmar3ii go to the web sight and at the bottom it says ENTRY FORM- Click it and scroll down and it should be write there.:D
[/quote]
The problem is that I already entered but with Thursday's codes. Is there a way to sign in and enter the rest of the codes or do I fill out the form again with the same information?

[quote name='Emily']What was the first word for today?[/quote]

Sunday's first word was CROWD

So that makes the codes for Sunday so far are:
1. Crowd
2. Package
3. Personalize
4. Employee

[quote name='jpavleck']Sunday's first word was CROWD

So that makes the codes for Sunday so far are:
1. Crowd
2. Package